Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New OW CTF is really good

Glad to see they iterated a bit on the OW CTF mechanics. Right now it feels really good to play. Anyone else try it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Glad to see they iterated a bit on the OW CTF mechanics. Right now it feels really good to play. Anyone else try it yet?
    Hate it. It still boils down to everyone camping D. At least they added sudden death but still, can't stand it. Torb, bastion, and sym in every round.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Hate it. It still boils down to everyone camping D. At least they added sudden death but still, can't stand it. Torb, bastion, and sym in every round.
    The only pick I see almost every game is Lucio so far. And maybe Roadhog.

Weirdly, this seems like an OW-specific problem. I played CTF in FPS's for years and years and "everyone camping defense" was never an issue.

Short term, the solution is obviously disable those three heroes. Long term, the solution is redesign their kits so that camping like an idiot isn't a valid strategy. (EDIT: in any game mode.)
    Last edited by Nefarious Tea; 2018-02-11 at 08:16 PM.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    what has changed ?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    Liking it seem to be winning a lot as rein, as long people actually know the shield is there for a reason.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2018-02-12 at 09:28 PM.

best tactic is to save your ult til someone on your team takes the flag and then use it to plow the road.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    hopefully it stays and gets people out of 6v6 who don't belong there. seen a lot of diverse comps (bar lucio in every game <___<), most people aren't complete mongs while playing the ranked mode but playing the unranked mode makes me want to kill myself

So is there a list anywhere of all the things that cause you to drop the flag? I was hoping Junkrat's mine wouldn't count but nope, it does :P

Every game I played last night, the team that camped D lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    what has changed ?
    No draws and mobility abilities cause you to drop the flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't stand this mode. It had potential but simply didn't work out well. The fact that you can cap the enemy flag while your flag is contested is the biggest fail. It should either be ONE flag, that spawn in the middle, that you fight for, which would be the best system imo, OR at least you should be required to get your flag back before capping the other team's flag.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    so ctf got overhaul but it still sucks. i mean, unreal tournament from 1999 got it way better than overwatch. its so unfun its mind boggling

- - - Updated - - -

holy shit this mode is so bad, pure definition of antifun. everything boils down to defense camping for 10 min then most retarded solution comes in - suddent death. ITS SO BAD OMFG I CANT STRESS IT ENOUGH. ctf suxx in this game cuz of so many heroes like lucio, torb, symm, bastion, pharah, winston, dva... i mean, it gets even worse with the laughable distance in sudden death

the precursors of CTF were UT and quake from 20 years ago. it even made it into MMORPG like WoW, turned out great. one of my alltime favorite bgs is WSG btw. in ow its just awful awful bad as it is right now. they need to make whole different rules for ctf, tweak on it some more. especially when they want to make competetive play out of it.
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

I actually find it pretty fun, my matches rarely go to sudden death, most of them go to the team that aggressively pushes together. Sure there are some matches where only few people try to go for the flag while the other half defends, that usually goes nowhere... but in general unified offense seems to work best, eventually the defense tends to crumble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally gave it a try this evening, was pretty cool actually, bit more intuitive and much better paced than the old one.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO the new CTF is quite awful. But I guess the one-trick Lucios and Roadhogs gotta congregate somewhere now, right?

I love it. It made me fall in love with Moira; so much value out of her kit. They did a good job improving CTF imo. The competitive mode seems quite an efficient way of grinding out gold weapon currency too.

10+ Year Old Account
    CTF would have been better if there was no sudden death. builders make the game mode very boring and riptire is still OP as fuck.

Decided to make an exception and try comp CTF (at least the placements in order to get CP). Skeptical at first but I started liking it (still Mayhem >>> this). Started as Mccree but I was getting stomped without having constant peels from teammates. Ended up playing Reaper 90% of the time : maps have a lot of flanking potentials and he melts the flag carriers (mostly tanks). Got placed at 2.9k, stuck around this point after 10 more games...Will try breaking the 3k mark this week-end.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    And it's gone... no idea if it will return until the next lunar new year.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

And now to wait a month (~) for Uprising 2.0 (hopefully) !
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.