Still time to Reroll?

Hi Everyone,

Hope your day has been good! I have decide i want to roll back to druid for the rest of this expansion and for the future i will go Balance/Resto...

However my current main is 950 i'm worried it's to late to roll classes now especially with the legendaries balance needs and the artifact power i will have to regrind?

Any ideas or anyone does this recently?

Thanks,

Elum

Deleted
    Hello!

I have been suffering from rerollitis recently, having not much to do on my main apart from grindy grinds, and with allied races being released.

Reroll away! It's fun

Why would you though? What content do you plan on doing? If it's raiding, you won't be too happy with Balance for over half the bosses. Resto would be fine though.

Honestly, it's pretty damn late to reroll unless you:
    - Are really not enjoying your current class, which includes all of its specs
    - Are not raiding/doing M+ in an organized group
    - Are not doing high-end PvP

If you're not doing any of the above, then yeah it doesn't really matter when you reroll.

As for being worried about AP and legendaries, you can get to 66 Traits in literally a day, 75 in about 2-3 weeks. Legendaries are much worse, but if you fully clear ABT every week (even if it's LFR) and do a heroic every day, you can get nearly an extra leggo a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    I have been suffering from rerollitis recently, having not much to do on my main apart from grindy grinds, and with allied races being released.
    This is usually why people do organized raiding, M+, and/or PvP on their mains. Alts are totally fine to do in your free time from that though.

Doing a main reroll is a huge deal if you're part of any committed, organized, group though.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2018-02-28 at 09:45 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    What do you mean totally fine? Anything you want to do is totally fine bro, it's a game lol

If you mean switching your main in your raid group, if that is what you do, or Organized PvP group, it might be best to ask your leaders what they think. Some are less excited to have someone switch during progression. If you are still progressing etc.

Otherwise, if your main has all his/her leggos then they can ship over any excess tokens they get which speeds that up as well. But think of it this way it is March and you've got till probably Aug/Sept. so 5 or 6 months to tool around on this reroll. That is plenty of time.

You can rush into AtB pretty quickly as well once you hit cap. Use table missions on any max characters to feed rep to the reroll, use bloods to get resources for table missions, do a daily heroic, daily caches, and at least one clear of AtB on LFR or above, and hit one M+ of any level. This should have AP and Leggos coming at a steady rate of 1 or 1.5 a week depending on luck. Use your Shards to buy relics and trinkets (the hardest things to acquire) and let LFR and your weekly chest gear you. Use your main to funnel anything it can to the reroll. You could be normal/heroic mode ready in 2 or 3 weeks with good luck and little time sink. Some folks will tell you it will happen faster, I'm more realistic about RNGesus being filled with hate.

If you have friends a few higher level M+ carries doesn't hurt you, but I use that more for the 120 essence. But if you can get a carry on a 15 each week that speeds things up with a dash of luck. With enough luck you can be at your mains level easily in a month an half or so. But it will take sometime.

As others have mentioned Balance is kind of bleh on some of the fights, but resto is always solid and good for M+ as well.

What do you mean totally fine? Anything you want to do is totally fine bro, it's a game lol
    I mean true, but that kind of attitude doesn't really sit right with 9-19 other guildies you're screwing over, even if it's "just a game". It's still a commitment you made to a group of people that you're now disappointing, letting down, or generally screwing over to fill your slot from a 950 iLvl raider to a fresh ~900 different character. I'm going to take a guess and say you've never actually been in a committed/organized group.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    If you mean switching your main in your raid group, if that is what you do, or Organized PvP group, it might be best to ask your leaders what they think. Some are less excited to have someone switch during progression. If you are still progressing etc.
    Yeah, assuming you're part of an organized group, it's always best to ask leaders/officers. If you do it randomly (like I did back in BC when I was still a dumb teenager who didn't give a fuck), it won't go over well.

Otherwise, if your main has all his/her leggos then they can ship over any excess tokens they get which speeds that up as well.
    This too. Most non-Druid casuals should have all their leggos by now if they stuck through with one character, and pretty much every DH definitely does. That's a lot of freebie leggos you can be getting, and this includes every time you hit 1k essences.

As others have mentioned Balance is kind of bleh on some of the fights, but resto is always solid and good for M+ as well.
    Absolutely abysmal ST (literally 3rd worst to worst on every single ST fight), but sustained AoE is pretty damn good. Both Balance and Resto are never not taken to M+ either. Resto is arguably the best healer and Balance Druids are fairly hardy from burst with no-CD Bear Form and have some amazing AoE.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2018-03-01 at 12:38 AM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I mean true, but that kind of attitude doesn't really sit right with 9-19 other guildies you're screwing over, even if it's "just a game". It's still a commitment you made to a group of people that you're now disappointing, letting down, or generally screwing over to fill your slot from a 950 iLvl raider to a fresh ~900 different character. I'm going to take a guess and say you've never actually been in a committed/organized group.

[...]
    Wrong guess. No need to be presumptuous.

Also you quoted me in place of Zaldor in your post, please edit that.

Ya getting my cred!!! Noooooooo!!!!!

Honestly shocked with that kind of attitude you have.

Literally no idea how that happened. I blame MMO-C.

If you're not doing any of the above, then yeah it doesn't really matter when you reroll.
    Pretty much this. The OP has a 950 main, does it really look like he's super hardcore? It's the same type of question like "what class should I play" and "which race should I pick" when a person is a casual and the correct answer is always - whichever you like.

Legendaries are a time investment. If someone starts now with a fresh alt, it will probably take you around 2 months to finish 1 spec (not mentioning 2) assuming you are efficient with farming stuff for legendaries (so content that gives the essences and few other bits that are still worth for BLP), if you have low amount of time to play or decide to skip some of the activities because you don't like them (for example I don't do pvp even if I can benefit from essences on an alt), then it will take longer of course.

If you feel like starting fresh, go for it. If you have specific goal it mind, like "I want this class geared to do mage tower / m+15 artifact appearance", then of course you need to finish before the expansion is over.

Be mindful that if you're a casual relying on pugs, getting gear past ~930 will be an uphill struggle. If you have a guild / friends who are all about "let's level some alts at the end of expansion for fun", it's quite cool and not that hard to gear up through spamming mythic+ or normal Antorus and heroic after. If you're on your own, and you don't pay for BOEs to up your ilvl or even for a raid boost, you will hit a point where gearing is really slow because most groups will insta decline you and the groups that will take you will struggle to complete the content. Unless you're a very savvy player who manages to get a group going under his banner - yes I've seen 890 ilvl raid leaders getting pugs to boost them through normal Antorus and not even pay attention. If you can pull it off, and the group doesn't disband, then enjoy the shower of gear for your new alt.

Unfortunately there's no way of knowing 100% if you'll enjoy the class in the end, at the start you can't do much due to lack of gear, trinkets, relics, legendaries and whatnot, but even after you get all the pieces of the puzzle, you might feel "this class / spec wasn't for me after all", but without trying, you'll never know.

Deleted
    Honestly shocked with that kind of attitude you have.

Literally no idea how that happened. I blame MMO-C.
    It was too forward of you to make an assumption about me from literally two small forum posts. The nature of the assuption was as belittling as it was wrong by devaluing my ability to form an opinion on a subject on which I's have no knowledge. No attitude. Maybe we have different versions of interpersonal respect or maybe we're not understanding each other because of language and written form, but please don't slander me.

I am struggling with Melee in raiding - Was a bad decision i made to go WW since i have no melee experience in previous raids...

I have decided i will use my monk for Mistweaver healing and in time gear a Resto/Druid in preparation for the new expansion where i will main a Balance druid... Catching up with legendaries to be effective in mythic+ ATM for balance is not going to happen however there is time and hope to gear a Mistweaver since my WW is 950 and time for a Resto druid appreciate your thoughts guys!

Anymore advice for my new MW or Resto will be awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elum View Post
    I am struggling with Melee in raiding - Was a bad decision i made to go WW since i have no melee experience in previous raids...

I have decided i will use my monk for Mistweaver healing and in time gear a Resto/Druid in preparation for the new expansion where i will main a Balance druid... Catching up with legendaries to be effective in mythic+ ATM for balance is not going to happen however there is time and hope to gear a Mistweaver since my WW is 950 and time for a Resto druid appreciate your thoughts guys!

Anymore advice for my new MW or Resto will be awesome!
    advice for resto? watch & read some guides

as for rerolling if you just want to be ready for next expac I think you only need some standard gear, you dont have to bother with artifact weapon because it will become cosmetic...simple character boost (around 870ish? ilvl) makes you ready for BfA

Tbh if I was in this situation - trying to prepare for BFA, I wouldn't really invest much in the character now unless you want specific bits on it like artifact appearances for the future. I'd rather level multiple classes to cap so they're ready to go in case BFA changes make some class more enjoyable or the opposite, your chosen class less enjoyable.

Even without many class changes, removal of artifacts and legendaries is gonna affect how some specs feel to play.

Anyway according to the datamined stat squish / item squish from BFA alpha, it doesn't even matter if you're lvl 110 in 800 greens or 910 argunite gear, basically anything below antorus gear levels is squished with minimal stat differences, so it's gonna be less of a problem to jump into new expansion in crap gear, while for example I remember the jump from wotlk to cata being awful before the first stat squish, you'd ding 80 and then face a 100 ilvl gap between what you have and what the game expected you to have. Heirlooms suffer the same problem, when you're at a level breakpoint you don't get the extra stats until you reach 1 level above old expac, for example people report such breakpoint atm between 90-91 and between 100-101.

The BFA item squish should fix this issue, so there's less incentive to farm gear on alts just so they don't get steamrolled the moment they step on the new continent.

Every expansion is a gear reset anyway, so generally getting gear is less important than stockpiling gold (mats, consumables, gear is astronomically overpriced at the start of expansions), finishing some loose ends from old expansion (especially stuff that might be removed and you care about it) and having any class you care about levelled up.

With 1 lego per week and the way you can gear today, it's the perfect time to reroll.
    Got my shammy at 935 with 3 legos with only 1.5 days played at lvl 110. And I would've gotten more if I would have a guild to run N or HC eith. Pug life is hard.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk