Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikay View Post
    So we tried the totem tactics as you said. Unfortunately the totem can’t be thrown very far. The rezz circle ends approximately at the middle (maybe 2/3) of the bridge. I as well as our DH use Skystep and therefore we are able to run all the way to the end of the bridge. Since a few of our people are quite retarded, they can’t manage it to not trigger traps or avoid orbs. So we kinda have to clear the whole bridge and can’t just stop in the middle. If we do so, our tanks trigger the last 1 to x wires and kill more or less the half raid.

We tried the following: Our Shaman runs on to the bridge at around 60%, throws the totem and uses the warlock gate to return to the platform. This tactics seemed to work pretty well and all.

But I this can not be the proper way to do this totem-thingy, right?!
    I guess this was what ours did on our first kill getting used to a new strat. https://youtu.be/Vu1NaJKL4o0?t=159 He had to circle back a bit to get in the rez but it doesn't look like the shaman ran out to throw it, can probably get a few extra yards. I think he uses Blur macroed with Skystep Pot and comes back with Netherwalk to make sure he gets back in.

We keep the same side clear everytime and clear mid if it overlaps with that side.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2018-03-07 at 10:51 AM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

So we tried the totem tactics as you said. Unfortunately the totem can’t be thrown very far. The rezz circle ends approximately at the middle (maybe 2/3) of the bridge. I as well as our DH use Skystep and therefore we are able to run all the way to the end of the bridge. Since a few of our people are quite retarded, they can’t manage it to not trigger traps or avoid orbs. So we kinda have to clear the whole bridge and can’t just stop in the middle. If we do so, our tanks trigger the last 1 to x wires and kill more or less the half raid.

We tried the following: Our Shaman runs on to the bridge at around 60%, throws the totem and uses the warlock gate to return to the platform. This tactics seemed to work pretty well and all.

Our Resto shaman just runs behind our paladin tank and places the totem at the point where the pally is gonna die (near / on the next platform).
    Note that only our paladin skysteps, shaman keeps himself alive via healing and personal CD's.

When running from 1st to 2nd platform we try to clear the right side of the bridge as much as possible, when returning from 2nd to 3rd we obviously run left side because we cleared most of that on the 1st run. Our pally tank manages to clear almost every single wire on the mentioned 'left side' except for maybe 1 in the end.

10+ Year Old Account

your shaman has to follow up the tank to throw his totem at the end of the bridge this is how we do it the tank has to stay alive until the shaman has arrived and uses minor cds you can look at the replay here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...23&view=replay

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    your shaman has to follow up the tank to throw his totem at the end of the bridge this is how we do it the tank has to stay alive until the shaman has arrived and uses minor cds you can look at the replay here:
    Ah I see! This might work... Although I'm not sure if the remaining healers (we 5-heal it) are able to heal the raid when one of them is following the tank (or in our case me/DH). Guess we have to try it tonight.

Since we're clearly lacking dmg (arriving to the last platform with about 1 minute left to berserk) every living DD might help. And since I’m the top DD in our raid/this fight (no bragging ) it would help a lot if I could survive until the last phase.

Just saw u were a rogue, cloak probably isnt good enough to run the red bridge u really need some heavy physical immunities. A ret pally might be a good 2nd choice that can bubble and horse. If the DH can run it and get ankh totemed his potion will be back up for the 20% bridge too.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Just saw u were a rogue, cloak probably isnt good enough to run the red bridge u really need some heavy physical immunities. A ret pally might be a good 2nd choice that can bubble and horse. If the DH can run it and get ankh totemed his potion will be back up for the 20% bridge too.
    Why physical dmg reduction? Traps and wires do magical dmg, so I do not take any dmg until Cloak expires. Pala with bubble might be a good option nonetheless.

~Edit~
    Funny: This post was published immediately while the one i made in response to Spaze has to be reviewed by a moderator
    Last edited by Pikay; 2018-03-07 at 01:06 PM.

The red traps are physical with physical dot https://www.wowhead.com/spell=247949/shrapnel-blast which is the real killer after immunities run out since you still get the physical dot through immunities as soon as it's over. The other guy that linked a tank running through and shuffling around the boss is kind of a waste of an anhk totem, if he came back to his healers he could just get healed up through it but I guess theres a lot of ways to do this boss.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2018-03-07 at 01:18 PM.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    The red traps are physical with physical dot which is the real killer after immunities run out since you still get the physical dot through immunities as soon as it's over.
    Right! Only the wires are magical, my bad!
    How many posts do I have to make until I can post links? This limitation sucks if someone postes a link

Right! Only the wires are magical, my bad!
    How many posts do I have to make until I can post links? This limitation sucks if someone postes a link
    10 if I reckong right ?

You can still post links though. Just add some spaces here and there, in the link.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

as others have said

use a DH with speedpot and have him clear the entire thing in 1.5 seconds and just safely lock port+walk through.

it literally trivializes the fight

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    We killed him yesterday in our first try. Fortunately my Rogue-Mate was online so we used the tactics with two Rogues but without a totem. There was some confusion before the fight and the shaman thought that she doesn't have to throw it. But once everyone was alive there were enough battlerezzes for me and my colleague and the last phase was a piece of cake.

Thank you all for your help, really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    For 2nd-4th bridges, you can also use a DH with netherwalk/skystep/BoP and clear a whole side. He'll die after that, but you can use the brez totem talent to save a brez. The rest of the raid just wait at the start, pop SLT/Darkness + 3rd cd and rush the boss. There shouldn't be any death outside of the dh with this strat.
    i'm curious.. how does your shaman get to the other side of the bridge in time to drop a ress totem before the dh dies? especially if they're standing back with SLT and all that shit.

we tried this tactic early on but it never really worked out

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsno View Post
    i'm curious.. how does your shaman get to the other side of the bridge in time to drop a ress totem before the dh dies? especially if they're standing back with SLT and all that shit.

we tried this tactic early on but it never really worked out
    The shaman has time to wait a second while the DH blows the first couple wires... Once the DH picks up speed, the shaman can run up the bridge a bit (an external can be used to help) and then place the totem... You can also use a warlock gateway to help (shaman going towards DH or the DH coming towards shaman after it has been cleared)... It does take a few pulls to iron it out but it's certainly doable.

As a prot War, I skystep through the red bridge all the way to the end with a bop on and heroic leap back to the middle of the bridge. By that time, I've triggered all the wires and our resto shaman has had time after DR's drop to run and place the totem in the middle of the bridge. I usually have to pop another mine or two on the side I didn't clear to get myself killed to use the totem as my shield wall and ignore pain I saved up keeps me alive too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    For 2nd-4th bridges, you can also use a DH with netherwalk/skystep/BoP and clear a whole side. He'll die after that, but you can use the brez totem talent to save a brez. The rest of the raid just wait at the start, pop SLT/Darkness + 3rd cd and rush the boss. There shouldn't be any death outside of the dh with this strat.
    How do you use the Brez totem when the DH is all the way on the other side of the bridge when he dies? Is he supposed to clear it all and then take a lock gate back or something?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

What i did as guardian druid is: get bop, jump thru gateway then skystep potion after that bearform when bop is about to run out get to boss generate rage and survive with personals untill healers get to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    How do you use the Brez totem when the DH is all the way on the other side of the bridge when he dies? Is he supposed to clear it all and then take a lock gate back or something?
    Kinda, he uses a skystep/bop/netherwalk for maximum speed and clear a side as much as possible, leaving 1/2 fire traps if necessary (which would be taken by tanks afterwards). As long as wires on a side were soaked, it is fine. Once he finishes, he runs back as far as he can before dieing. Our shaman on the other hand wait until the DH is almost on the other side, use a lock portal, run a lil' bit and is in range for a brez totem.

Recently though, we just don't bother and use a brez on the DH instead.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.