Blastwave gets a knockback!

Any1 else instantly think of void elf fire mage trickery in PvP? Could be super handy in RBGs in EoTS, AB, SSM.

Only problem I see is the timer on a VE's Spatial Rift being relatively short, so to use it offensively would require a bit more skill as appose to using it defensively, which there you have a bit more control over because you have your escape route planed out. Offensively involves you to foresee the next 5 seconds and project the moves of 2-3+ targets(you want the knock to get more than just 1 right?! ) and have better than average situational/spatial awareness. in higher ladders at least. casual bgs could just be hilariously fun and knock city. idk just mage + blink + blink 2.0 + knock =

10+ Year Old Account
    You lost an opportunity to make a "Blastwave gets a knockback back!" thread.

The only problem i see with it is that i'll have to swap out of shimmer for it for PvP, because in PvE it just doesn't make any sense to use BW over Shimmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Thread title should be "Non-shimmer talent in the Shimmer row gets change".

Translation: That row belongs to shimmer, no matter what else is happening with the other choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You lost an opportunity to make a "Blastwave gets a knockback back!" thread.

The only problem i see with it is that i'll have to swap out of shimmer for it for PvP, because in PvE it just doesn't make any sense to use BW over Shimmer
    by all means, be so bold to highjack and transform this thread into whatever you deem as "opportunistic". all i was pointing out was an immediate idea that came to mind. the title is simply that, a title, and i brought up 1 idea. the floor is yours

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Thread title should be "Non-shimmer talent in the Shimmer row gets change".

Translation: That row belongs to shimmer, no matter what else is happening with the other choices.
    having said that to the previous poster, same comment. picking a knock over shimmer in RBG's is far from a bad choice. mage representation in upper ladder RBGs is not too common in my experience through Mist/WoD/Legion, furthermore is even less of a kill target, so the argument of which talent to choose is practically moot in this situation, and having 9 charges of shimmer wouldn't even matter. Healers and melee mongo'ing your healers are the first to go. CC classes with Immunities and huge defensive abilities are traditionally the last to die due do their kite-ability.

my point simply being that it could just increase mage representation because hey why do people bring ele's and moonkins? not because they are better or worse than a spriest or lock, but that their toolkits(knock and... knock) can be used to gain the upper hand on certain maps.
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2018-03-01 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    by all means, be so bold to highjack and transform this thread into whatever you deem as "opportunistic". all i was pointing out was an immediate idea that came to mind. the title is simply that, a title, and i brought up 1 idea. the floor is yours

- - - Updated - - -

having said that to the previous poster, same comment. picking a knock over shimmer in RBG's is far from a bad choice. mage representation in upper ladder RBGs is not too common in my experience through Mist/WoD/Legion, furthermore is even less of a kill target, so the argument of which talent to choose is practically moot in this situation, and having 9 charges of shimmer wouldn't even matter. Healers and melee mongo'ing your healers are the first to go. CC classes with Immunities and huge defensive abilities are traditionally the last to die due do their kite-ability.

my point simply being that it could just increase mage representation because hey why do people bring ele's and moonkins? not because they are better or worse than a spriest or lock, but that their toolkits(knock and... knock) can be used to gain the upper hand on certain maps.
    You create an impression of a person who haven't played with BW knockback before. It wasn't shit, but it wasn't game-changing either. Its knockback it's not a thunderstorm, it's a 5-8yards knockback that saves you half-a-GCD, or knocks someone off a cliff if he was standing that close to it.
    Using it as an interrupt sucks balls, because it's on GCD and "interrupts" for less of a GCD, so your opponent can safely recast whatever he wanted to cast.

Just for anti-melee PvP perspective i would gladly take BW slow, CoC slow and DB, i believe at some point we had all these tools available, and it was awesome, but maybe i'm just imagining things
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

So fire mages get to be even more useful, while frost brings like 0 utility for m+. :/

Quote Originally Posted by noimawizard View Post
    So fire mages get to be even more useful, while frost brings like 0 utility for m+. :/
    even less than we do now since were losing instant blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    even less than we do now since were losing instant blizzard.
    Don't think Blizzard has even made a pass at Frost Mage yet for BFA

If blastwave had a knockback I'd use it in mythic+

We'd have dragon's breath, ring of frost, and blast wave for cc.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

It's a nice change, but until one of the components of shimmer is made baseline, nothing other than shimmer is going to be picked.