10+ Year Old Account

The Frankenstein Chronicles on Netflix

Just finished the first season/series. Not what I expected except for one thing... Sean Bean dies at the end.

I love well done period pieces and this ITV series (which Netflix has inexplicably labeled a "Netflix Original Series") scratches that itch. Well done show so far.

Based on the book or the ridiculous mythos that has been built around it since then?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Based on the book or the ridiculous mythos that has been built around it since then?
    A little bit of both, mixed with some classic British "Whodunnit"-murder mystery.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Got a trailer?

Loved it as well. Season 2 gets a little bit "weird" in the beginning, approaching that line of "you lost me" but thankfully doesn't cross it. So... Weird enough to re-engage you. Very good so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    It doesn't take place within the world of the book. Mary Shelley appears in the series as the author of Frankenstein as a kind of advisor to the main character while he investigates a bizarre murder mystery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Got a trailer?
    Here you go...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    It doesn't take place within the world of the book. Mary Shelley appears in the series as the author of Frankenstein as a kind of advisor to the main character while he investigates a bizarre murder mystery.

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go...

reminds me of the wolf man movie from a few years ago, definitely gonna look into this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Been really enjoying it 4 episodes in looking forward to continue.

Ive been watching it and enjoying the hell out of it.

As a Sean Bean aficionado, the nod to his previous work made me smile. Way back in the 90's he was Captain Richard Sharpe of the 95th Rifles, the light company of the South Essex. Which included him being at Waterloo, which is the Medal shown in John Marlott chest as well as the green jacket of a Rifle regiment. John Marlott was in the 2nd Light Company. Other references are the bayonet and Calvary boots another of Sharpe's uniform.

Another was the body snatcher whistling Over the Hills and Far Away, a tune featured heavily in Sharpe.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?