Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    The Bloodsail Buccaneers are the most notorious, bloodthirsty pirates on the seas. No one survives a Bloodsail attack, but since they kill all their victims and don't allow them to survive to steal from them again in the future, they're the poorest pirate group.
    That is actually very nice reference to RL Pirates. Not a lot of people know that the most feared pirates were not those that had black bandana with scull and bones but red!

Red flag meant that they keep nobody alive.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I haven't read the second book yet (again, copypasta) but yeah, actually I looked it up on Wowpedia and Shadra seemed more intimidated by the dryad than terrified.

I'll probably change it.
    Don’t be in a rush to do so, maybe it’s wowpedia that got it wrong?
    I have to say that I’m not particularly a fan of Shadra being scared of a dryad, but who knows?

This is my new favorite thread.... definitely buying those books later today.

Thanks @Atethecat.

Deleted
    World update expansion without new zones and new baddies, please?

Yeah, I know, not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    World update expansion without new zones and new baddies, please?

Yeah, I know, not gonna happen.
    I've always thought that we should go back to old zones. The Cataclysm really messed up a lot of zones and it would be nice to see places like the Thandol Span and Auberdine eventually repaired.

I've always thought that we should go back to old zones. The Cataclysm really messed up a lot of zones and it would be nice to see places like the Thandol Span and Auberdine eventually repaired.
    The irony about all this is, if people had hailed the changes and seen them as good content, there would have been a high chance of blizz changing the zones more often, but since the feedback was so overwhelmingly negative the zones are pretty much stuck in limbo.

Thank you very much. I loved this info
    Please.add as much as you can

Love the new Dryad lore :3
    What is the name of the newborn Dryad in this?
    Some say Taryndrella and some say Tarindrella.

EDIT: It does seem to be Taryndrella. This is good, as it proves it's a new character and not the vanilla Deerbutt.
    Last edited by Gurluas; 2018-03-04 at 10:33 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I really enjoyed the first book, probably more than any of the other books, simply because it, indeed, does what you describe. It explains the world of Azeroth, the native species, habbits etc so extremely well, much better than, well, the actual game itself. Not quite done with Book 2, but I'm quite enjoying it as well. Though, I kiiiiiinda miss an orc or two hah.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Another part of the Loa lore from the second book is described here:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Kimbul

“Kimbul was summoned by the Sandfury tribe at Zul'Farrak so they could sacrifice their prisoners - Aramar Thorne, Makasa Flintwill, Taryndrella, Hackle, and Murky - to him. However, Kimbul showed respect to Makasa and Hackle for they were predators and not prey, and he was the Prey's Doom. Bowing to them as fellows, Kimbul told them that they had nothing to fear from him and vanished.”

As you can see, in case of Kimbul the reason for the heroes not being eaten doesn’t seem to be related to the dryad’s presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Another part of the Loa lore from the second book is described here:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Kimbul

“Kimbul was summoned by the Sandfury tribe at Zul'Farrak so they could sacrifice their prisoners - Aramar Thorne, Makasa Flintwill, Taryndrella, Hackle, and Murky - to him. However, Kimbul showed respect to Makasa and Hackle for they were predators and not prey, and he was the Prey's Doom. Bowing to them as fellows, Kimbul told them that they had nothing to fear from him and vanished.”

As you can see, in case of Kimbul the reason for the heroes not being eaten doesn’t seem to be related to the dryad’s presence.
    Thanks for that! I think it's nice they're foreshadowing Kimbul for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is really great. Thanks soo much @Atethecat !!!

We also get the first image of an adult female ogre. @Syegfryed
    https://i.imgur.com/nGHMWTJ.jpg
    Waow this is fantastic!

Also, those books are incredible, so much details about the world. I wonder why there is such a heavy mention of what races taste like though.

Yeah! Totally. I thought that they forgot him in favor of Shirvallah, but here we are

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The irony about all this is, if people had hailed the changes and seen them as good content, there would have been a high chance of blizz changing the zones more often, but since the feedback was so overwhelmingly negative the zones are pretty much stuck in limbo.
    It's sad that the game can never fully reflect the world, it's more a vast scaled down version.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    We also get the first image of an adult female ogre. @Syegfryed
    https://i.imgur.com/nGHMWTJ.jpg
    That's not the first image though. The first image was seen in the first book; https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Traveler-Ogres.jpg - Though this new one, seems much more Ogre'ish.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Kimbul does make an appearance in BfA, with several items dedicated to him and apparently a model (albeit one different from the book):

Teachings of Kimbul
    Idol of Kimbul

This may be Kimbul's model:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I love these kinds of lore tidbits. Thanks a lot for sharing!

I hope Traveler takes them to other continents, it would be cool to learn about the races of the Eastern Kingdoms and maybe even Pandaria.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    It's sad that the game can never fully reflect the world, it's more a vast scaled down version.
    I read somewhere on the forums that based off of a comment by one of the characters in the Bloodsworn comic that the distance it takes to get between Thunder Bluff and Orgrimmar is roughly equivalent to the amount of time it would take you to get from Los Angeles to New York City.

I hope Traveler takes them to other continents, it would be cool to learn about the races of the Eastern Kingdoms and maybe even Pandaria.

- - - Updated - - -

I read somewhere on the forums that based off of a comment by one of the characters in the Bloodsworn comic that the distance it takes to get between Thunder Bluff and Orgrimmar is roughly equivalent to the amount of time it would take you to get from Los Angeles to New York City.
    Travelling through Barrens takes days, if not weeks (latter is likely true for North-South direction).