Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LW making any money?

Hi,

I wonder if LW is making any money mid-end expansion?
    Flasks never get old, that's my second option. But LW just seem to fit Hunter so well thematically that I cannot make my mind.
    Not asking about BfA since we know nothing.

Never, ever, since Cata leg armours.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Deleted
    Crafted PvP transmog sets from MoP. TBC recipes with unique transmog(Stylin Jungle hat etc). Same for Vanilla.

The TBC/Vanilla require a big investment and quite a bit of farming.

That's pretty much it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far I've seen two responses that are either trolling or signs of incompetence. Leatherworking makes decent gold. The 885 shoulders sell fairly quickly, and the 835 items are still selling frequently and the profit margins in them are generally decent
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Crafted legendaries, sells at ~90k each.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    So far I've seen two responses that are either trolling or signs of incompetence. Leatherworking makes decent gold. The 885 shoulders sell fairly quickly, and the 835 items are still selling frequently and the profit margins in them are generally decent
    Hi, who buys those? I mean... why? Xmog maybe? because that iLvl is just so low.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Hi, who buys those? I mean... why? Xmog maybe? because that iLvl is just so low.
    to tell you the truth, I've never bothered to care too much about the whys. Every server is different, but on my server everything moves at a pretty decent pace.

The time for professions to make big bucks (in particular crafting ones like LW, Tailoring or Blacksmith) is during the first weeks of each expansion.

Crafted Legendaries (Close to 1 per week) are a nice influx of anything between 45-90k depending on realm, minus the 12k~ value on Bloods of Sargeras.

The rest of the time only Alchemy and Enchanting are profitable due to the constant need for enchants and consumables. That or just gathering stuff.

Just keep saying LW doesn't make money Its been my top gold making professions since...Well since I started AH play in WOTLK.

Granted having the main, who is also my LW, active since vanilla dose mean I have all recipes in-game barring a few I didn't manage to get....Collector much yes

But seriously, LW is good just gotta know what to craft + AH prices on your realm, but that goes for most professions.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The time for professions to make big bucks (in particular crafting ones like LW, Tailoring or Blacksmith) is during the first weeks of each expansion.

Crafted Legendaries (Close to 1 per week) are a nice influx of anything between 45-90k depending on realm, minus the 12k~ value on Bloods of Sargeras.

The rest of the time only Alchemy and Enchanting are profitable due to the constant need for enchants and consumables. That or just gathering stuff.
    Lmao this couldn't be more wrong. You don't know what you're talking about. For instance, I've made around 60-m this expansion at this point in time. Atleast 10m was from tailoring alone. Leatherworking, I got into much later, it still has brought me a decent bit

10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao this couldn't be more wrong. You don't know what you're talking about. For instance, I've made around 60-m this expansion at this point in time. Atleast 10m was from tailoring alone. Leatherworking, I got into much later, it still has brought me a decent bit
    You can make some money with crafting, but you almost always (unless your server economy is super weird) make more money with the raw materials from those crafted items than the items itself.

If your aim is solely financial, you're usually better off rolling dual gathering than a crafting.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    You can make some money with crafting, but you almost always (unless your server economy is super weird) make more money with the raw materials from those crafted items than the items itself.

If your aim is solely financial, you're usually better off rolling dual gathering than a crafting.
    gathering is worthless and not worth the effort/hour of gold, compared to crafting all the mats into usable items, and just flipping items is better than any profession, so for every hour you spend gathering herbs/ores someone is staring at numbers and %'s and making 100 times more gold.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

That's not even remotely true. What kind of nonsense are you trying to peddle off? It's like your purposefully trying to sound inexperienced

- - - Updated - - -

Also, its even worse that you're a moderator, so people are going to think you actually know what you're talking about, when you're blatantly wrong. I Don't know what kind of bizzaro world server you play on, but I've played on Sargeras, Blackrock, Korgath, Tichondrius, and Proudmoore, and my statement holds true on everyone of those last time i looked.

7+ Year Old Account

Complete opposite of my experience. I've had a full set of gathers and TSs since mid Wrath. By far, turning raw mats into end products was a much bigger money maker than gathering and selling mats. Gathering was always sooooo freaking time intensive given the small amount of gold that could be made selling the mats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Wrong questions to be asking if you are looking to make gold with trade skills. All you should care about is (1) what items actually sell (2) does the difference in price to production cost of the item result in a profit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

I like people that think this way: results in more profit for me.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Complete opposite of my experience. I've had a full set of gathers and TSs since mid Wrath. By far, turning raw mats into end products was a much bigger money maker than gathering and selling mats. Gathering was always sooooo freaking time intensive given the small amount of gold that could be made selling the mats.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong questions to be asking if you are looking to make gold with trade skills. All you should care about is (1) what items actually sell (2) does the difference in price to production cost of the item result in a profit.

- - - Updated - - -

I like people that think this way: results in more profit for me.
    Finally, someone who actually understands markets and how they work. It's so funny to see people who speaks so confidently, yet are so wrong, like the people you've quoted. I see it so often, and it boggles my mind. For instance, the guy saying crafted gear only sells in the beginning of an expansion. While release is obviously the most expensive period, there's still an immense amount of gold to be made through the remainder. I'm still selling 885 shoulders from LW, I'm still selling the lower gear, along with JC helms, tailoring items, etc. The idea that any single profession is better than another is silly, because in my experience, it's best to use as many as possible.

Also, as far as gathering, leave that for the less intelligent people. I've neither the time nor patience to run around in a zone in circles for less gold per hour than I can make by sitting in Stormshield crafting and sniping

That's not even remotely true. What kind of nonsense are you trying to peddle off? It's like your purposefully trying to sound inexperienced
    All those people buying mass quantities of raw materials don't do it to generate a profit, they just enjoy the process of crafting while burning money.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    All those people buying mass quantities of raw materials don't do it to generate a profit, they just enjoy the process of crafting while burning money.
    Lmaooo exactly

Did people seriously just say gathering is better than crafting My casual as fuck AH play in Legion would like to have a word with you....

Like even if I only spend 1 hour of active time on AH (that includes re-crafting, not just time on bank alt) a day, I still make good gold for very little effort, being on high pop ally realm....well high medium or w/e, you know how it is with end of exspansions...zzzz

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Did people seriously just say gathering is better than crafting My casual as fuck AH play in Legion would like to have a word with you....

Like even if I only spend 1 hour of active time on AH (that includes re-crafting, not just time on bank alt) a day, I still make good gold for very little effort, being on high pop ally realm....well high medium or w/e, you know how it is with end of exspansions...zzzz
    Welcome to MMO-Champion. It's a place where people speak in absolutes when they're absolutely wrong.

Welcome to MMO-Champion. It's a place where people speak in absolutes when they're absolutely wrong.
    We'll maybe they we're referring to launch of expansions...I don't know, but he'll even then its good money to craft items.

Only problem with crafting stuff, unless you make most of gold on old stuff (I don't but its still good part off it), is that it becomes outdated, not much value, cause Blizzard sucks at keeping current-expansion crafted gear relevant. Whenever they updated the Ilvl on gear in legion I always made more gold for a while again.