Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

We need your help voicing all wow quests!

Hey guys! I have always wanted to have voice acted quests, but I figured it would be very money/time consuming for blizzard to to something like this, so instead I decided to take matters into my own hands and see if I could do something about it.

I ended up enjoying the process so much that I somehow managed to voice all 1-30 zones by myself, so i could gladly show the players what I had done and that voice acted quests were possible.

The feedback I received was more than what i could expect, and i knew i had to seize this oppurtunity and do something about it. And so this project was created!

I have no desire of hiring 10 or 20 professional voice actors, I want this to be a project in which all WoW players can participate, in order to give back to blizzard for being amazing to us all these years, and demonstrate that the wow community can be one of the best!

It has also been a way of uniting the players and for them to try voice acting, which in many cases is something that they dreamed of doing but never tried/don't know where to start/shyness etc.

I hope you have great fun with the addon, and if possible come and help us make wow a more immersive experience, we need you!

You can try our addon here https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/voice-acted-quest and you can help us send your voice in here www.reddit.com/r/wowvaq

Yeh wait till Blizzard pull your add on for copy right infringement. Its happened before so i would double check with their legal department.

Deleted
    Bellular had a project like this that got shut down by Blizzard.

Deleted
    Bellular's project edited storylines and added new dialogue, that was the main reason it got canceled. This only plays mp3 files nothing more

Been following this on reddit, looks awesome. May need a little 'de-essing' on some the recordings, but that's just my opinion.

Deleted
    Hey man thanks for the support, glad you like it! I agree with you, some sounds are better than others, but we plan to improve as we release new zones. It's not an excuse but even though we have many people, we still need many more to submit their voices, so untill then we work we what we've got! I hope that you tried our addon and that you liked it! We are almost releasing "Redridge Mountains" and duskwood will be next, so if you wanna help you're more than welcome ! Don't forgot to share with friends and guildies and have fun!

This is insane good, this deserves a bump.

Blizzard is lacking with their own voicing like SWTOR did.
    Good project keep it going i referred a voice acting friend that plays wow to this thread he's gonna look in to it.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot man! We are really happy that the community is supportive of the project and helps in any way they can! We have a few zones out already so don't forget to try them

I'm legit impressed. I've always wanted a quality addon like this but figured it would never happen given the state leveling was in and the sheer volume of quests. I immediately downloaded all the packs, revved up a new character, and commensed the listening. I was incredibly happy! There were some inconsistancies, such as Marshal Dughan in goldshires split personality, but frankly, whatever... it's a start, haha! Love it. Please continue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome!!!! Downloaded it and starting a new character
    Last edited by shade3891; 2018-03-03 at 08:41 AM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is/was some addon that reads out quest text via some text-to-speech engine, used it a while ago and it did feel more immersive, despite being the same voice for everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digitallyatomic View Post
    I'm legit impressed. I've always wanted a quality addon like this but figured it would never happen given the state leveling was in and the sheer volume of quests. I immediately downloaded all the packs, revved up a new character, and commensed the listening. I was incredibly happy! There were some inconsistancies, such as Marshal Dughan in goldshires split personality, but frankly, whatever... it's a start, haha! Love it. Please continue.
    Hey there! We are very happy you're enjoying our addon! It's true some voices are better than others, but since this is a project made by the players, we gotta work with what we have!Please don't hesitate in submitting your voice if you so desire, and please share the project with friends and guilds, it means a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Awesome!!!! Downloaded it and starting a new character
    That's awesome we hope you like it! We will be releasing new zones as soon as possible so keep your eyes open

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    There is/was some addon that reads out quest text via some text-to-speech engine, used it a while ago and it did feel more immersive, despite being the same voice for everything.
    Hello there, it's true but that one use thrid party programs to make the voices work so it can't be considered a addon :P. In any case ours used real voices from many people, so it should be better i think hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    Yeh wait till Blizzard pull your add on for copy right infringement. Its happened before so i would double check with their legal department.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athelstan123 View Post
    Bellular had a project like this that got shut down by Blizzard.
    He also set up a patron account for it basically pulling money each month or so, in other words "charging" people to help pay for it. That is what is frowned upon. Had he done something similar to the OP I doubt there would've been an issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TioMiklas View Post
    Installation is a bit clunky, can you not have one main addon. And separate zone plugins?

Bit like handynotes has done it. Got it to work in the end but the CurseForge page is only downloading the latest zone addition.
    And the extra links provided on the main page, all point to that last one.

To download all completed zones you need to look at:

https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/...ed-quest/files

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I shall help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    I shall help.
    Please do, we need everyone!

15+ Year Old Account
    Silverpine and Duskwood are completed !!

Also can a MOD sticky this thread ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Silverpine and Duskwood are completed !!

Also can a MOD sticky this thread ?
    and hillsbrad :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I became a WoW cynic the last year I played for various reasons, but even I can tell this is very well-done and actually fits the game/doesn't seem out of place except for the introduction/parting emotes the NPC's share.

Excellent job.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2018-03-14 at 07:59 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly got shut down.

Shame too, was fun voicing some of the characters.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”