Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Or it could be that the woman really wasn't credible, and that she was trying to scam the man, which the article also says is an issue in Sweden right now.
    That's what the court claimed, not the article itself, they only said what the court said. It's not an issue in Sweden.

The court ruled in the man's favour, noting for example that the woman's "motive for making these accusations could be to exploit his love for her and his 'stupidity' in order to take over his apartment. It is not uncommon for women to falsely claim they have been assaulted and threatened and in such a way pretend that they are in need of sheltered accommodation in order to get an apartment".

Deleted
    P*ssu Pass: DENIED. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Okay that's clearing it up more now. Does it really matter in the end anyways if the outcome would have been the same either way?
    Yes.

Dismissal during discovery is not remotely the same as acquittal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    That's what the court claimed, not the article itself, they only said what the court said. It's not an issue in Sweden.

The court ruled in the man's favour, noting for example that the woman's "motive for making these accusations could be to exploit his love for her and his 'stupidity' in order to take over his apartment. It is not uncommon for women to falsely claim they have been assaulted and threatened and in such a way pretend that they are in need of sheltered accommodation in order to get an apartment".
    In Sweden you need something called evidence. Just crying in front of a jury of morons isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    In Sweden you need something called evidence. Just crying in front of a jury of morons isn't enough.
    We don't have a jury in Sweden.

Well, I guess that the only thing we can do is judge the court's credibility based on who makes it up, their history, their motivations, etc. Or, basically, do the same thing they claimed to have done.

It looks fishy, I'm not denying that. And if other professionals are also calling out the decision as strange, then the woman has an avenue for an appeal. But nothing in the article leads to the conclusion that "a man from a good family is incapable of assault" since no one said that, no one is claiming that, and by all accounts, Swedish law seems to normally favor the opposite conclusion.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Well, I guess that the only thing we can do is judge the court's credibility based on who makes it up, their history, their motivations, etc. Or, basically, do the same thing they claimed to have done.

It looks fishy, I'm not denying that. And if other professionals are also calling out the decision as strange, then the woman has an avenue for an appeal. But nothing in the article leads to the conclusion that "a man from a good family is incapable of assault" since no one said that, no one is claiming that, and by all accounts, Swedish law seems to normally favor the opposite conclusion.
    The court is implying that.

Deleted
    We don't have a jury in Sweden.
    I know.............

- - - Updated - - -

They are angry because the court ruled against a woman.

The information provided by the woman was "not credible and not supported by evidence", meaning the prosecutor's charges could not be proved, it concluded.

Why isn't the above bold?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Isn't the OP a woman
    Did you just assume their gender?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say 9/10 of the people responding are male. Any of you been beaten, raped, degraded......threatened with worse if you say a word? I am guessing no. You don't know what goes through the mind of an abused persons mind....the fear, the pain, the embarrassment. It says she was a "foreinger" which made her less credible...say what? So say this was in the US...and a rich college student...from a "good family" because apparently if your family is good you are too, saw a down and out homeless woman from another country pan handling on the corner. He makes small talk, one thing leads to another...they go his his place where he beats the crap out of her and rapes her. She's terrified, maybe she's here illegally and goes to friend or family instead of the police to report it. Cops get word of it but the guy walks away with not even a slap on the hand. Why? Because "maybe" she wanted in his home to rob him...or take a shower or have a bite to eat. So he's "more credible" because he's from a "good" family. Oh, and he says it didn't happen...don't forget that. What a crock of shit. Turn the roles around if you want too, man gets beaten by a "good" woman.....still a crock of shit. Remind me to never go to Sweden.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Did you just assume their gender?
    Well she's been rather open about it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say 9/10 of the people responding are male. Any of you been beaten, raped, degraded......threatened with worse if you say a word? I am guessing no. You don't know what goes through the mind of an abused persons mind....the fear, the pain, the embarrassment. It says she was a "foreinger" which made her less credible...say what? So say this was in the US...and a rich college student...from a "good family" because apparently if your family is good you are too, saw a down and out homeless woman from another country pan handling on the corner. He makes small talk, one thing leads to another...they go his his place where he beats the crap out of her and rapes her. She's terrified, maybe she's here illegally and goes to friend or family instead of the police to report it. Cops get word of it but the guy walks away with not even a slap on the hand. Why? Because "maybe" she wanted in his home to rob him...or take a shower or have a bite to eat. So he's "more credible" because he's from a "good" family. Oh, and he says it didn't happen...don't forget that. What a crock of shit. Turn the roles around if you want too, man gets beaten by a "good" woman.....still a crock of shit. Remind me to never go to Sweden.
    I don't know why you're making this a gender issue

https://www.thelocal.se/20180302/swe...-a-good-family

What the actual fuck? (Seeming to) come from a good family makes you unable to assault people or what should someone take from it and reporting it to the police reduces the womans credibility because she's a foreigner?
    If she has a good lawyer- she can get that retried (if they do that in Sweden). All the lawyer has to do is show evidence that there are plenty of people "from good families" that committed violent crimes. Look at that Kennedy (I think his name was Tim or something) guy- he comes from a good family and he left that girl to die in the car while he ran. He would be a good example.

The other thing is that the woman basically offered no realy concrete evidence that this happened. This is basically a "he said, she said" case. She says he did this, he says he didn't. There is no evidence either way. So, even if you get it re tried because they judge used flawed reasoning, what evidence would you present to win the case? Just testifying that something happened usually isn't enough to win the case in a court of law. You need something more tangible.

The court is implying that.
    That's exactly what's going wrong here. It's not about the fact the woman couldn't prove her accusations, it's the fact the court implied that because he was from a good family, she was lying.

What the actual fuck? (Seeming to) come from a good family makes you unable to assault people or what should someone take from it and reporting it to the police reduces the womans credibility because she's a foreigner?
    Or, you could realize that this is a one off case probably involving a lot of inexperience. It isn't indicative for the Swedish legal system at all and will for sure be thrown out when they file a complaint with a higher court. No need for the drama.

This is the sort of stuff that Sweden's garbage evening press (half news/half tabloid) would love to print if it had the slightest bit of relevance but even they are ignoring it.

...and it isn't common practice for women to cry rape to get an apartment in Sweden. It is common practice for anyone to try idiotic things to get/keep an apartment in Stockholm's insane housing market.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Here's why all this #metoo movement falls on deaf male ears.

I wish all of that would happen to me. At the end of the day, it's just sex. As a man, I only wish there was more sex in my life.

Boss wants sex with me? Hell yeah. Teacher wants sex with me? Hell yeah. Girl undresses me with her eyes, pinches my butt and masturbates in front of me at the office? Hell yeah. Girls is into kinky BDSM type sex (the scenario you described in your quote). Hell yeah - crazy chicks are better in bed. Rich girl (like Weinstein rich) wants to have sex with me and chuck me wads of money/promotions? Hell yeah, gimme me more please.

Sex is by definition a pleasurable activity. I just don't understand what women are complaining about with the #metoo movement. You want less sex, wtf? That is anathema to me.

It sounds bad, but if there was no evidence of assault, not even a bruise, then there should be no case, period. Maybe a watchlist, but not assault.

So another case of affluenza?

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Hey man if you never convict anyone of a crime... you can keep crime statistics pretty low.
    You know Sweden is famous for its high conviction rates for sexual assaults, yeah?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    A woman in Sweden SAID she was assaulted and that was all that was needed to almost get a man convicted.
    Ahahaha, you're actually trying to spin this story as if somehow the man was the victim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

People on internet forums shouldn't adjudicate criminal cases, especially when they go off of news articles.

Cases like this is how you get women chopping off penises.

Just saying.