Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    @Alright
    I give up, if you think spriests are a bit on the strong side for m+ then this discussion is over really.
    Again, the reason you fail to comprehend why everyone hates this spec is because you literally just focus on raiding, even as you try to argue with people that the spec is fine and everyone else is wrong all you keep saying is that they do good in raids. It's not just comprehending why we hate it that you struggle with, its basic reading comprehension. People hate the spec because it's poorly designed for literally anything outside of 40+ stack voidforms.

No one is talking about number performance, they are talking about basic mechanics that just do not work outside of raiding, the entire spec revolves around high ramp up voidform stacks in a game that outside of raiding is all about front loaded damage.

Deleted
    @Clearcut even in raiding, with pre-potting and early lust, front loaded damage has an advantage. I've had several occasions where I was standing around spamming flay to finally get into Void Form while lust was already running. On longer fights that eventually averages out - assuming you don't have to much too much. So even with raiding there is strong dependence on the boss mechanics and whenever they're favorable.
    Last edited by mmoc79972df15a; 2018-03-19 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    Shadow feels the clunkiest it ever has.

For the record I LIKED our TBC dps and mana battery role. I also liked that breif time in wrath where DK's pestilence spread our devouring plague.
    Then again I miss real talent trees. which we'll never see again.

For the record you don't want a 4th spec... it'll be some stupid monkish melee spec like other RPGs have and I think disc was supposed to originally.
    What will happen is at times in the future It'll become the flavor of the month, "go to" spec and priests will end up standing in melee/fire doing melee damage, the exact reason we play a ranged caster and not a melee will be gone. Be careful of what you wish for...
    I liked a lot of the synergy we had in Wrath. Like the pestilence/devouring plague synergy you mentioned. Or how arms warriors could increase a feral druid's dps and make their rotation easier by auto applying the mangle bleed debuff with their crits.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    I had fun with early Legion Surrender to Madness. Living on the edge, causing insane damage.

I like STM except for the part about dying. We'll see how it feels in BFA.

When pugging 15 - 20 M+'s, I would never invite an SPriest unless they had a crazy high M+ score. It's too easy to be a bad SPriest. I know first hand because on mine I am just dreadful. At 934 on my priest, I can do more dps holy than I can what my single target sim is for shadow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wink- View Post
    When pugging 15 - 20 M+'s, I would never invite an SPriest unless they had a crazy high M+ score. It's too easy to be a bad SPriest. I know first hand because on mine I am just dreadful. At 934 on my priest, I can do more dps holy than I can what my single target sim is for shadow.
    It's not that it's easy to make a fuck up as a priest, but when you take in consideration what a class can offer you, that's the biggest problem.

Compare it to other caster DPS-ers. Balance druid has better damage, CR, and arguably better CC. Mage has better damage (depends on spec) and bloodlust. Warlock has CR, much better damage.

So you have a class that will do medicore damage and brings almost no utility to your group. Of course you'll going to think 3 times before inviting it.

If I didn't have a guild, I would have never been able to find a decent group for anything above 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Compare it to other caster DPS-ers. Balance druid has better damage, CR, and arguably better CC. Mage has better damage (depends on spec) and bloodlust. Warlock has CR, much better damage.
    What is CR?

Edit: I agree 100% with the OP, the fundamental mechanics of Shadow (long ramp-up time, same sustained DPS as anyone else) will make it forever inferior to both real dot classes and also front-loaded DPS specs. Tinkering with spellpower coefficients is not going to change this permanent reality.

Always the red-headed step-child, going hungry while all the other kids are fed.
    Last edited by longxia; 2018-03-30 at 11:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by longxia View Post
    What is CR?

Edit: I agree 100% with the OP, the fundamental mechanics of Shadow (long ramp-up time, same sustained DPS as anyone else) will make it forever inferior to both real dot classes and also front-loaded DPS specs. Tinkering with spellpower coefficients is not going to change this permanent reality.

Always the red-headed step-child, going hungry while all the other kids are fed.
    CR - Combat Resurrection, or Battle Res, or Rebirth or Soulstone or Raise Dead.