Page 1 of 20
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    "Personal Loot is here to Stay"

    And with that I can honestly say I will never try out another WoW expansion again. Blizzard continues to focus on Subscription extension models instead of actually improving the game and making sure the gameplay and there and is actually FUN!

    I DON'T WANT A CHANCE AT RANDOM LOOT!!! I WANT TO SEE ITEMS DROP AFTER KILLING THE DAMN BOSS AFTER 3 HOURS OF RUNNING A MYTHIC DUNGEON!!

    Thanks Ion, your trash decision making will continue to push players away good job.
    Last edited by itzLCD; 2018-12-30 at 03:11 AM.

  2. #2
    Elemental Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    8,366
    You're a little late on this aren't you? He said that like... weeks ago.

  3. #3
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    32,674
    Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post

    I DON'T WANT A CHANCE AT RANDOM LOOT!!! I WANT TO SEE ITEMS DROP AFTER KILLING THE DAMN BOSS AFTER 3 HOURS OF RUNNING A MYTHIC DUNGEON!!
    ...of all the stupid reasons to quit a game... So seeing an actual item drop and you cannot use it or are outrolled is so much better that you quit the game over it?

    " Blizzard continues to focus on Subscription extension models instead of actually improving the game and making sure the gameplay and there and is actually FUN" - what does that even mean in English and in context of seeing an item drop?

    Also...you take 3 hrs to run a mythic dungeon?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Also...you take 3 hrs to run a mythic dungeon?
    When mythics first released yes. I haven't played since the second week and cleared 2 mythic dungeons without a single pice of loot dropping for me...I don't call that fun sorry; complete waste of time in a progression style game. I'd rather something drop even if it's not for my class than nothing at all, at least then I get the feeling of accomplishment instead of feeling like I wasted time. What's even worse is when not a single person from the 5 man group gets a single piece...how can anyone agree with this trash system.
    Last edited by itzLCD; 2018-12-30 at 03:27 AM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    And with that I can honestly say I will never try out another WoW expansion again. Blizzard continues to focus on Subscription extension models instead of actually improving the game and making sure the gameplay and there and is actually FUN!

    I DON'T WANT A CHANCE AT RANDOM LOOT!!! I WANT TO SEE ITEMS DROP AFTER KILLING THE DAMN BOSS AFTER 3 HOURS OF RUNNING A MYTHIC DUNGEON!!

    Thanks Ion, your trash decision making will continue to push players away good job.
    i dont think Ion will have a job (or at least not his current job) for too much longer. if whoever they put into the director's chair has any sense at all, one of the first thing he will do it bring back ML and NbG.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    When mythics first released yes. I haven't played since the second week and cleared 2 mythic dungeons without a single pice of loot dropping for me...I don't call that fun sorry; complete waste of time in a progression style game. I'd rather something drop even if it's not for my class than nothing at all, at least then I get the feeling of accomplishment instead of feeling like I wasted time. What's even worse is when not a single person from the 5 man group gets a single piece...how can anyone agree with this trash system.
    Your argument makes no sense.

    You can still see what "drops" for other people. If two items drop at the end of an M+ and they're both for other people, it makes no difference if there was a loot roll for both items (which people could ninja or affect) or two different people were awarded the items automatically (personal loot). You still see it, you still helped them accomplish it, and you still get a reward from your cache at the end of the week. Never mind that you've complained that nothing dropped for you, yet you're fine with watching things drop for other people even if nothing drops for you.

    Personal loot has been a godsend. I can't tell you how many times everything that dropped from a boss in raid was worthless to the entire raid team because it was, say, mail and we had no mail wearer that night, or perhaps a special trinket that was only useful to a certain class we didn't bring. Now everything is guaranteed to fit at least someone, and if it's not an upgrade, can be sharded by the raid for craftin.

  7. #7
    And that's a pity. Players should absolutely have the freedom to run groups and / or join groups as they see fit.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    i dont think Ion will have a job (or at least not his current job) for too much longer. if whoever they put into the director's chair has any sense at all, one of the first thing he will do it bring back ML and NbG.
    i can say without a doubt, that whoever is in charge will do shit that make people want the last guy back.

    get over it.

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,071
    Personal loot is a bit bleh, but titanforging make it worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Personal loot has been a godsend. I can't tell you how many times everything that dropped from a boss in raid was worthless to the entire raid team because it was, say, mail and we had no mail wearer that night, or perhaps a special trinket that was only useful to a certain class we didn't bring. Now everything is guaranteed to fit at least someone, and if it's not an upgrade, can be sharded by the raid for craftin.
    And then you get situations where an item is not an upgrade for you because you already have a socket or something, but cannot trade it because it is a higher item level.
    Speciation Is Gradual

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    And with that I can honestly say I will never try out another WoW expansion again. Blizzard continues to focus on Subscription extension models instead of actually improving the game and making sure the gameplay and there and is actually FUN!

    I DON'T WANT A CHANCE AT RANDOM LOOT!!! I WANT TO SEE ITEMS DROP AFTER KILLING THE DAMN BOSS AFTER 3 HOURS OF RUNNING A MYTHIC DUNGEON!!

    Thanks Ion, your trash decision making will continue to push players away good job.
    This is partly (the boring as fuck rehash of MoP story is another) of why I stopped playing... its turned into a Diablo-esque slot machine for gear

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    And then you get situations where an item is not an upgrade for you because you already have a socket or something, but cannot trade it because it is a higher item level.
    That is a drawback, but, in my opinion, the benefits of personal loot outweigh what is annoying.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i can say without a doubt, that whoever is in charge will do shit that make people want the last guy back.

    get over it.
    I don't think that really applies here, if WoW was in a bad enough state that we were asking for Ion back of all people, it wouldn't have enough players to justify existing.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That is a drawback, but, in my opinion, the benefits of personal loot outweigh what is annoying.
    Right... because fuck players options right? The hardline drawn by ActiBlizzard is kinda similar to hardline leftist in politics these days.. "WE know whats best for you, and you'll like it" usually followed by "We are baffled by sub numbers/voters for us plummeting... it must be malcontents/Russians/insert excuse here"

  14. #14
    The problem is not that "personal loot is here to stay". The problem is that they removed the alternatives.
    I swear the theme of the last 3 expansions were, what else can we remove from the game until what remains is completely unplayable?

  15. #15
    Deleted
    I hate PL less, than I thought I would, but I still stand by my words: less choice is always worse. It did not really solve split runs, it did not make looting boss faster but it did make it more confusing and annoying, to the point where I've stopped caring about trading loot. I just pawn it off to the RL if I don't need it and move on.

    Still detest TF and hope it will die one day.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Your argument makes no sense.

    You can still see what "drops" for other people. If two items drop at the end of an M+ and they're both for other people, it makes no difference if there was a loot roll for both items (which people could ninja or affect) or two different people were awarded the items automatically (personal loot). You still see it, you still helped them accomplish it, and you still get a reward from your cache at the end of the week. Never mind that you've complained that nothing dropped for you, yet you're fine with watching things drop for other people even if nothing drops for you.

    Personal loot has been a godsend. I can't tell you how many times everything that dropped from a boss in raid was worthless to the entire raid team because it was, say, mail and we had no mail wearer that night, or perhaps a special trinket that was only useful to a certain class we didn't bring. Now everything is guaranteed to fit at least someone, and if it's not an upgrade, can be sharded by the raid for craftin.
    Wut. How often do you raid where there isn't a single mail user?? And even if that trinket your talking about is worthless, anyone eligible to use it will still have a chance of getting it with the current system. Your reasoning for liking personal loot actually has nothing to do with personal loot. They could just as easily change the loot table with master loot on to fit the current players in the raid. Removing master loot just adds another RNG element to raiding, NONE of the hardcore raiders i've talked to (including myself) like forced personal loot. Also if you love personal loot so much, it was always an option previously anyway....

    I do agree with you though that the original poster's example made no sense, no one ever used master loot in dungeons anyway.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Personal loot has been a godsend
    presumably you were raiding with personal loot in Legion also then?

  18. #18
    Worst part is running levelling dungeons for example and some people get double loot per run while you get 0. Levelling in dungeons was what I enjoyed the most in tbc / wotlk but since then they started funneling everyone into questing and nerfed it beyond belief. Not only every expansion you get only 3-4 dungeons while levelling instead of 10 different ones, but the questing xp usually beats dungeoning xp and the rewards are also not as good, running dungeons only to end with less gear than if you quested instead is the biggest insult.

  19. #19
    Sometimes, objectively better solutions are worse.

    Like how from MoP onwards they reduced everything that matters with gear into 'ilevel upgrade = upgrade'. Objectively? It's a better system. You get upgrades and instantly know its an upgrade. However; Realistically? it's bad because its boring. There's no depth to min-maxing your character any more other than just getting the biggest number. That's why this azerite system is here -- it's trying, albeit badly, to solve this.

    It's the same way with personal loot. Objectively? It's fairer, there's more loot overall, there's less useless loot (no paladin tier piece for raid with no paladins f. example); However, what Blizz is missing the point in is ITS JUST NOT FUN. There's something inherently satisfying with seeing what drops, and sharing the loot -- because its a social experience.

    In an MMO, moving to 'objectively more convenient but less social / less deep' systems is counter productive to the point of the game. That's what makes it so bad.

  20. #20
    Half a year in you'd have to be an absolute control freak (possibly in a position that you could use to your advantage for loot) not to admit that forced personal loot has been a real blessing to the game. The only downside I see in the system is that you can't trade loot that's higher than the one you are currently wearing if it has wrong stats (which makes sense, sadly, with the ilvl "perches" to upgrade your azerite caches and/or get access to LFR/Warfronts). Most people keep their "highest ilvl pieces" around though so this is an initial problem at best. An incredible improvement to the game. Fuck circle-jerking loot councils.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •