Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Its possible?Yes.

But ogres on the Horde are like High elfs on the Alliance.

No matter how much sense, pleading, logic or anything you use.

They will be part of the respective faction but they will not be playable.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Its possible?Yes.

But ogres on the Horde are like High elfs on the Alliance.

No matter how much sense, pleading, logic or anything you use.

They will be part of the respective faction but they will not be playable.
    Difference is that there are Blood Elves on the Horde, which are simply High Elves with a different culture.

I SEE NO OGRES ON THE ALLIANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean there's that one person who has a whole Ogre Character Creator as well.

There are some real Ogre fans out there, but I don't think they're a huge population. Of course you could say they have a bigger interest group than Lightforged or Highmountain.
    Is there some minority who wants them? Sure. It's just that the Horde has been moving away from Ogres for a very long time when it comes to theme and identity. They went from the brutal and dumb Ogres and Forest Trolls of the original games to the shamanistic and wise Tauren and the wily Darkspear. And then the Horde allied with the Forsaken, and Blood Elves, and more Elves now, and an imperial savage yet cultured race in the Zandalari. We've seen Ogres in Draenor recently and no effort was made to nudge them even remotely towards the Horde; in fact, all friendly Ogres were neutral. Yes, there's that tribe Rexxar recruited, but its identity is reduced to a cave and a wooden palisade. Not saying it's not gonna happen, but it would take a bit of storytelling to get us there... and like I said, I'd rather see the story of and play Mogu at this point.

As for the Kul'tiran models, it's a very well done mock-up, but I don't see them using said models for Ogres. Ogres have shorter legs, knees closer to the ground and a different posture. They would look absolutely weird with Kul'tiran models.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Difference is that there are Blood Elves on the Horde, which are simply High Elves with a different culture.

I SEE NO OGRES ON THE ALLIANCE!
    *sigh*

There are High elfs on the Alliance and Ogres on the Horde since dawn of WoW

They are highly resquested since then.

None were added.

You can argue blood elfs all you want but it has nothing to do with what i said.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

*sigh*

None were added.

You can argue blood elfs all you want but it has nothing to do with what i said.
    There are Thalassian elves on the Alliance, just not the ones a lot of people want.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    *sigh*

None were added.

You think that it had nothing with what you said because you didn't even read what you quoted.

Blizzard has lots of requests to attend to, but requesting Ogres for the Horde is different from requesting normal High Elves for the Alliance, because there is no Ogre on any factions, but you can find 4 types of elves - 2 of those being High Elves - on the current playable list.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    There are Thalassian elves on the Alliance, just not the ones a lot of people want.
    True, but i ain't the one complaining who these elfs are.
    Mage Tower Final Result:

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Is there some minority who wants them? Sure. It's just that the Horde has been moving away from Ogres for a very long time when it comes to theme and identity. They went from the brutal and dumb Ogres and Forest Trolls of the original games to the shamanistic and wise Tauren and the wily Darkspear. And then the Horde allied with the Forsaken, and Blood Elves, and more Elves now, and an imperial savage yet cultured race in the Zandalari. We've seen Ogres in Draenor recently and no effort was made to nudge them even remotely towards the Horde; in fact, all friendly Ogres were neutral. Yes, there's that tribe Rexxar recruited, but its identity is reduced to a cave and a wooden palisade. Not saying it's not gonna happen, but it would take a bit of storytelling to get us there... and like I said, I'd rather see the story of and play Mogu at this point.

As for the Kul'tiran models, it's a very well done mock-up, but I don't see them using said models for Ogres. Ogres have shorter legs, knees closer to the ground and a different posture. They would look absolutely weird with Kul'tiran models.
    Oh I agree the Horde thematically has moved away from that. However there are some perks to them, and Allied Races gives a good enough excuse to add them even if they don't 100% match what the Horde is going for. It's a bodies thing, not an interview process now.

Not that I'd play one, but it'd be something different instead of reskinned Orcs or Tauren.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    You think that it had nothing with what you said because you didn't even read what you quoted.

Blizzard has lots of requests to attend to, but requesting Ogres for the Horde is different from requesting normal High Elves for the Alliance, because there is no Ogre on any factions, but you can find 4 types of elves - 2 of those being High Elves - on the current playable list.
    Does my post mention restrictions or difficulties on the implementation?

No, i pointed out the similarity(Demand and Delivery) and explained why.

i didn't mention why both races weren't added, i just said they weren't.So yeah, what you said has nothing to do with my post.
    Mage Tower Final Result:

Oh I agree the Horde thematically has moved away from that. However there are some perks to them, and Allied Races gives a good enough excuse to add them even if they don't 100% match what the Horde is going for. It's a bodies thing, not an interview process now.

Not that I'd play one, but it'd be something different instead of reskinned Orcs or Tauren.
    Thing is, I'm a bit weary of being flooded with Allied Races. I don't think they should add anything just because it can be added and there's a niche audience for it, because at some point the lore of those very races and the faction identity as a whole risks getting caught in the noise.

If they add Ogres, it should be in a future expansion on Draenor, where they can dedicate time to building them up. In BFA, sudden Ogres would be a little jarring, at least from what things look like now. Also, I'd really like if Ogres go to Alliance instead of Horde. It may seem like a stretch, but they were themed on Ancient Rome in WoD. If you take away the slavery and brutal gladiator games (which you kind of have to anyway), their culture is closer to humans than orcs, with big walled cities and fortresses, imperial government system and an interest in Arcane magic.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does my post mention restrictions or difficulties on the implementation?

No, i pointed out the similarity(Demand and Delivery) and explained why.

i didn't mention why both races weren't added, i just said they weren't.So yeah, what you said has nothing to do with my post.
    We are pointing out why the similarity you see is... weak.

"But ogres on the Horde are like High elfs on the Alliance."
    - I could quote the whole post but I already did in a previous answer. This similarity is weak because Ogres are much more likely to be implemented than High Elves. Yes, Blizzard and their lack of consistent priority may make this take 10 more years, but the community knows that it's much likely to implement Ogres than High Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    They made Kul Tirans visually different so that Alliance would have at least one allied race with a visually distinct model like Zandalari/Nightborne, but you're right that they could be used for Ogres. I just don't think that's the main reason.
    Why would they use the asset for ogres? The WoD version of the ogres was nearly perfect, and if anything, they used the WoD ogre body as a template for thick humans.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean if we're trying to suss out the missing Alliance Allied Race just by number of animations, we'd be certain it's Vulpera, and very confused by why broadcast text seems to have them being literally liberated by Horde.

Also, personally, I wouldn't pay much attention to the Vulpera animations. They're using the Goblin animation set which we know is slated to get a total revamp sometime during BFA. So Vulpera likely will animate different come 8.1 or 8.2 than they do now.
    The Vulpera's animations are significantly more refined when compared to the basic goblins when put side-by-side, and that's not even taking into account how the tail is uniquely animated for each individual animation and the accompanying facial expressions which are quite impressive to say the least.

But what I find interesting about your earlier exposition is that it shines light on the fact that we know there are red herrings spread out across all of the broadcast texts but we can't tell where they are, the entire broadcast text for the Vulpera might have a huge chunk of it being a ruse as to hide the potential allegiance of a potential allied race.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

lol interesting theory but I'm not seeing it.

I actually really hate the feminised Ogres that people keep doing for race concept art etc. I thought the whole point was that they just had really low Sexual dimorphism, so you couldn't really tell males and females apart anyway.

The idea of sexed up Ogres running round in slutmogs is frigtening lol
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2018-03-04 at 12:18 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

7+ Year Old Account
    Ogres? Gimme gimme.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Lol. Horde asks for Ogres for years and Blizz gives them to the Alliance.

Thing is, I'm a bit weary of being flooded with Allied Races. I don't think they should add anything just because it can be added and there's a niche audience for it, because at some point the lore of those very races and the faction identity as a whole risks getting caught in the noise.

If they add Ogres, it should be in a future expansion on Draenor, where they can dedicate time to building them up. In BFA, sudden Ogres would be a little jarring, at least from what things look like now. Also, I'd really like if Ogres go to Alliance instead of Horde. It may seem like a stretch, but they were themed on Ancient Rome in WoD. If you take away the slavery and brutal gladiator games (which you kind of have to anyway), their culture is closer to humans than orcs, with big walled cities and fortresses, imperial government system and an interest in Arcane magic.
    They're far more culturally similar to MU orcs than humans, they even live in clans and have their own version of Mak'gora.

5+ Year Old Account
    in Jesse Cox's video of Blizzcon (the one when he cosplayed as Mei) he interviewed Game Director Ion Hazzikostas, and he say that "there is no major high elves settlement" there for "we can say they are close to extint" cause they renamed themself as "Blood Elves" now the few Silver Covenant ones are so few that making them as playable race for more than 500k people will make no sense, now VOID ELVES are a sect a cult that was drive out from SIlvermoon but they can be playable races and be "thousand" in the battlefield so................... i think blizz didnt want the alliance to have cute elves like blood elves instead they give them a dowgraded/futurecontent race.

Ogres for the other hand, they are part of the Horde since classic SINCE WC3 frozen throne SINCE WC2: and the fact that we can see Mok'nathals in outland and Rexxar and then we have the Ogres in dustwallow marsh, make the feels of "why we cant be Ogres?"

Now about the idea of the Ogres using the assets of Kultiran..... i hope it happens, it looks damn good but hard to see the two headed Ogre, maybe a type of new Ogre??? a new tribe? who knows, the only thing i know is it NEEDS TO HAPPEN. !!!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I think that's a big difference between us, then. If I had my way we'd get two allied races every x.y patch for the rest of time.

I just like the diversity of new character shapes. Fat humans, elves on different factions, Zandalari, Sethrak, fox muzzles, list goes on.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

i hope so, if they finish BfA without putting ogres in the game, after putting another elf in the horde i hang myself

full race my ass, they missed the opportunity in 3 expansions, its now or never, i rly doubt they will do the "full races expansion" ever again, cause they would ned to do a full starting zone, and they clearly don't want it.