Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They already got a model that can be edited to suit the needs of a playable race, and we can see female Ogres to be added with other NPCs...Kinda like on how the Zandalari Trolls NPCs will be random out with the NPCs. Also too Ogrezonia would be a great place to introduce the female Ogres.

Probably a lot of animations have to done for them, and they have to make a female Ogre model too...But I think they can do it.

Well thanks to the Warcraft Traveler we know what a Female Ogre looks like now;
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Karrga
    For the Horde!

Pretty silly conclusion. There's already a high res Ogre male and if anything is close to Ogre females, it's the Dire Blood Trolls.

I never said there we'rent great NPC models for Ogres. Like I originally said, Nightbourne had great NPC models, but their allied race ended up using existing player models instead.

With this premise, wanting to reuse player models over NPC models, the fact Kul'Tirans are a completely new models begs the question: what additional race could their models be used for? And Ogre is such a great fit (see pics in OP), that it makes you wonder if the body-type was chosen just for this development foresight.

I think its a pretty valid argument for Kul Tirans to set the stage for Ogre to be added in the future, its definitely one of the more popular horde requests at least and isn't some ass pull race like Void Elves or a furry fan service race like Vulpera would be.

Ogre's have a legitimate history in warcraft lore, with prominent characters that have been involved in historical moments in warcraft lore over the years. They have long been mercenaries and had a psuedo-alliance with the horde for years.

They have their own beliefs, architecture, are proficient with magic and have shown some clans are intelligent beyond the "hurr durr im an ogre" type we've seen as trash mobs in the past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Could I see it? Sure.

Do I think it happens during BFA? No.

Feel like Ogres would work better with an Old World revamp, considering how most of the Horde-leaning Ogres are from Kalimdor.
    BFA is a global war. It makes perfect sense for the orges to be brought in now, Slyvannas would want to rally any assets she has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Could I see it? Sure.

Do I think it happens during BFA? No.

Feel like Ogres would work better with an Old World revamp, considering how most of the Horde-leaning Ogres are from Kalimdor.
    ^This
    If Blizzard brings Ogres then they should be the theme of an whole new expansion imo. Would be wasted potential to just throw them as a subrace in combined with a minor content patch.

this makes me think Valentine's day achivement will become way harder

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    BFA is a global war. It makes perfect sense for the orges to be brought in now, Slyvannas would want to rally any assets she has.
    Ogre's are also one of the oldest "allied" races, going back to even Warcraft RTS days where they were mercenaries and sellwords. Considering the Ogre's ties to the horde over the years they should be one of the "go to" races if we're looking to recruit manpower for a war.

I do wonder how they'll continue this allied race theme post BfA or even late into BfA when the faction war shifts back into neutral mode while we take on the next big bad or even in the next expansion when we presumably deal with voidlord stuff and not bicker amongst each other anymore.

I agree. No more comments to say about it.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-03-05 at 05:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Ogre's are also one of the oldest "allied" races, going back to even Warcraft RTS days where they were mercenaries and sellwords. Considering the Ogre's ties to the horde over the years they should be one of the "go to" races if we're looking to recruit manpower for a war.

I do wonder how they'll continue this allied race theme post BfA or even late into BfA when the faction war shifts back into neutral mode while we take on the next big bad or even in the next expansion when we presumably deal with voidlord stuff and not bicker amongst each other anymore.
    I still half expecting the faction war to be the New normal and the the player characters form a unilateral taskforce under kadgar or something.

Basically this nails it. From every angle you look at it.

Marketing team: happy
    Development team who wants old stuff in: happy

this is pretty much a great mid-ground deal within the departments

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I still half expecting the faction war to be the New normal and the the player characters form a unilateral taskforce under kadgar or something.
    Well PvE aspects of the game are going to be merged at the end of BfA, so expect the story to be harmonized going forward, and then which Faction the races are on really won't matter. I feel like this is why they are not caring which faction is getting the more polished Allied races.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Yeah, I think we're going to see something with Silvermoon and the Exodar getting revamps in a patch (because they are the last defense lines) which will in turn lead to Blizz cleaning up some areas visually next expansion.
    This needs to happen.

Kul tirans use the base male orc model with no hunch, but different animations. It's not a new asset for ogres. The female uses the fem panda I think.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    It's not a new asset for ogres.
    its not, but can be

I would rather play a cute little fox, then a dumb big silly looking orge that cannot fit through door ways on the horde side.

Ogres deserve unique animations and a starting zone. They could absolutely use Kul Tirans as a starter base in which to add those unique animations, but they should not and will not be "allied"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    I would rather play a cute little fox, then a dumb big silly looking orge that cannot fit through door ways on the horde side.
    You are not part of My Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    I'm really skeptical on whether (bulky) Kul Tirans will be made an allied race to be honest. The models themselves seem to have less work on them than the vulpera models.
    That comment didn't age well.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    That comment didn't age well.
    I never said they wouldn't be an allied race, I simply said I was skeptical, which I originally was.

I think those who have longed for ogres want the ogres / models who they connected with in their story lines and zones. kul'tirans body doesn't look like ogres body and I'd just be sad that we didn't have ogres. I think instead of saying what can this be used for and what can that become, just wait, wish and want for the real thing. Not makeshift. This post is weird, wanting to grasp at stuff instead of cherish.