Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why do high post count members get constant free passes?

I direct your attention to one of your "high quality" memebers on these forums, Eleccybubb: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...2#post48999442

His first reply in that thread is something I would probably get banned for. A pointless reply. An inflammatory reply. A reply inviting arguing, drama and derailment. If you look in his posts history, this is at least the 3rd or 4th time he does this.

Where the fuck is the consistency in this forums' banning/infraction system? Why do high post count members get to type passive aggressive inflammatory pointless replies all the time and get off scott free, but if I say something like "fuck you dude, stop trying to create drama" I get instantly banned?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well it hasn't saved me much, but I don't mind being mean to people if they were mean to me first so infractions are whatev to me.

That posting has been infracted, you have no point.

My post count is 'fairly' high and i do not get a free pass at all. I've probably had like 40 infractions in the past 2 years alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no.

Skroe's latest 2 infractions were complete bullshit, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sounds like naming and shaming to me....

Oh yeah..and the guy got infracted for his post..so...what the hell? I bet you would only get half the infractions if you didn't swear like you have no control over yourself. I find it completely acceptable to infract people for that. Why can you not get your posts across in a calm manner - maybe people would actually consider your arguments. They do not get stronger through insults. In fact, they get weaker

Yeah, I have been getting infractions and bans....until I got my act together and stopped shitposting when drunk. There is always the chance to be caught off guard with something sarcastic that a mod considers worthy of infraction, but all in all it really helps to not attack people personally and insult them
    I get drunk every few years so i got drunk last month and was shit posting in tennis threads and had a good time. Maybe it's just depends on the thread :P

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, the infraction went out like a minute after this thread was posted. So he wasn't hit at the time. But still; he posted that like 4 hours earlier, at a time that's early morning on a Sunday for most NA people. Most of the mod team is likely asleep; they're all volunteers and while they try to have coverage, it can take time for reports to get handled. If something gets reported early and goes untouched for a full day or so (24 hours), you can PM a mod to ask what's up; it may just be a time when nobody's schedule has lined up, or it may be that the post didn't break the rules like you thought it had. The mods can't tell you specifics (that's private between the user and the staff), but they should be able to confirm that it was looked at and not ignored. In this case, the mods obviously agreed, I'm just being clear that there's cases where they won't. Still report stuff; sometimes the rules need to be amended and a lot of users complaining about something that's skating by is something that gets noticed.

Nobody gets a "free pass". Long-time users may have a better sense of where the line is drawn, though, just through experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Yeah, no.

Skroe's latest 2 infractions were complete bullshit, in my opinion.
    Seconded.

/10

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I've got a few posts on my back and the only time I was infracted was over a completely silly joke. I don't think anyone gets a free pass.
    Oddly enough my only infraction was because I called the OP an idiot or something in another thread.

You think you get infractions because your post count isn't high enough?

That's adorable!

I'm pretty sure I was dealt with for that?

15+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure attacking people personally was what gets me infracted. Just checked..yeah...went frome major flaming and major trolling to minor flaming and trolling and nothing for a year. Guess @Endus is right. One learns to know where the line is...

..and sometimes one learns to chill.
    That won't stop me. My second to last infraction someone called me dumb for mistyping a word and told him fuck you

15+ Year Old Account
    Hehe...that guy should have gotten an infraction too...for correcting you and insulting you - I believe both things are against the rules of conduct here
    Seriously, i had like 3 hours of sleep or so. But whatever. I don't get mad anyway.

I get infracted every three posts, so I don't even care any more. I know there's at least one mod here who will infract me just because it's me, because I failed to kowtow to him in Overwatch threads, so I just post whatever I feel like.

So don't bother worrying over it, OP. The mods here are going to do what they want, whenever they want, and we're not allowed to discuss it. Fair? Nope. But that's life. You're not going to change any of the staff here's mind, so why waste the effort?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

/looks at OP post history

oh yes, how dare they derail from such stimulating dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    I direct your attention to one of your "high quality" memebers on these forums, Eleccybubb: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...2#post48999442

His first reply in that thread is something I would probably get banned for. A pointless reply. An inflammatory reply. A reply inviting arguing, drama and derailment. If you look in his posts history, this is at least the 3rd or 4th time he does this.

Where the fuck is the consistency in this forums' banning/infraction system? Why do high post count members get to type passive aggressive inflammatory pointless replies all the time and get off scott free, but if I say something like "fuck you dude, stop trying to create drama" I get instantly banned?
    Cause infractions mean very little. And mmo champs needs that ad revenue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    I've probably had like 40 infractions in the past 2 years alone.
    People should get banned permanently with numbers like these.

But why aren't they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post

You'll get there, don't worry. It comes with time.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure the general point in the OP is fair, but the moderation on these forums is a disgrace. There are clearly a few people that the moderators look for and come down on, while certain people can say and do whatever they like without even the hint of a repercussion.

There's nothing to be done. Just accept that the moderation team is woefully poor, and hope you're not one of those they take a dislike to.

Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    People should get banned permanently with numbers like these.

But why aren't they?
    Because not every rule is perma ban worthy. In fact half of those infractions I could probably successfully appeal as I did do a few times, but after awhile I just stopped caring and accepted that this forum has an left leaning bias.