Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Why do people keep misusing the word "genocide"? The burning of Teldrassil is not genocide. A terrible act of war? Sure. Mass murder? Sure. But no, it isn't genocide. To call it genocide would imply that this is a part of some systematic attempt to wipe out all Night Elves.

Additionally, nothing form datamined text so far even gives me the impression that Blizzard is aiming to portray an act of genocide. The tree is not the Night Elf race and we don't know how many Night Elves died in the attack anyways.

By the same token, I don't get the impression the Alliance are committing genocide against the Forsaken either, even though they are also losing their homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    But it was already stated at Blizzcon that Sylvanas will use a part of Sargeras sword to burn Teldrassil.
    Citation?
    Last edited by ello; 2018-03-05 at 08:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    The same way Sylvanas fans have defended her since WotLK.

By picking and choosing the parts of the canon they like and ignoring everything that they don't.
    Exactly. (Same goes for the Orcs too)

Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    Don't need to justify it LOL we can be evil AF for all we care. We're getting a bloody continent out of it
    that, i can respect =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    And they came only because the Queen of your most relevant empire summoned the Devil, and that thing wanted vengeance.

Still, they are there, and have nowhere to go - Kalimdor is the home of Orcs, Taurens, Trolls and Goblns. They will survive. They will have their space.
    The action of one evil bitch doesn't justify any of the atrocities that the Horde has committed. Also, if we are going to use single individuals to hate on an entire populace, do you really think that would play out well for the Horde?

Also, Eredar were faced with the same decision as the Orcs were, yet some of the, the Draenei, had the sense to refuse. Last I checked, there were only a handful Mag'har yet there were so many more Draenei.

Speaking of Draenei, that is how you arrive in a new home planet without inciting a conflict. The guys peacefully landed and connected on 2 different planets without, you know, massacring everyone on sight.

Deleted
    I think some people are role players without even knowing it

10+ Year Old Account
    Your so-awesome-elves think that EVERY PIECE OF LAND IN HYJAL (as in, the whole mountain, from Azshara to Darkshore) is sacred.

You ignore the plight of a race that settled near your lands - a race that was manipulated to attack a planet that attracted the attention of the fiendlord himself. Should the Orcs simply die from famine? Nah. They have a Warchief. She simply found the solution for the survival of the Orcs.

LOK'TAR OGAR
    right. that is the reason why the orcs do what they do.
    but while understandable, it doesnt mean they have the right.

if a poor guy breaks into my house to feed his kids, he is still in the wrong. its simple.

besides, the orcs can hunt and fish in durotar. what more do they want?
    oh that's right, "the orc way". orc want, orc take.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2018-03-05 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    I think some people are role players without even knowing it
    Forreal though this forum has me constantly checking to see if I didn't click the RP forum by mistake.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Do you have proof of such statement?
    Sorry have to look for it was right at/after Blizzcon i think i even read it somewhere her on MMO-Champion not shure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Sorry have to look for it was right at/after Blizzcon i think i even read it somewhere her on MMO-Champion not shure though.
    Only thing you were reading was a leak.

Sylvies genocide of the NE's is fine they are afterall harbouring the mad dog who made certain her race would die out, which is also genocide just slower.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Only thing you were reading was a leak.
    Might be true as i said i´m not shure but i also thought that some official at Blizzcon said something like that (unintenionally)?

How they will defend her?You underestimate what Horde/Sylvanas fans will do to defender her Banshee queen.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Will she also laugh maniacally while doing so?

Not sure why you assume it will be genocide. So far we only know that Teldrassil is going to get burned, there's nothing indicating Sylvanas committing or planning to commit genocide. I mean she never reached that levels of stupidly cartoonish evilness. She was always pragmatic and smart about everything she's done so far and she probably knows that committing genocide would likely turn even the Horde against her.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    How are Horde fans going to justify the attempted genocide of an entire race of people in Battle for Azeroth? Since her stated goal is to wipe out all opposition in Kalimdor and gain total control of the continent, meaning any settlements of Night Elves will be either wiped out or forced into mass exodus.

All I'll say is they better replace her and any loyalist of hers quick or the Horde will never escape its evil label.
    No one of importance will miss the arrogant hubris of the haughty night elves or the sniveling dogs they house in their tree. Besides, do you really think any of us in the Horde care what label someone like you places on us?

For the Warchief! For Victory!

At least try to understand that this is a video game. Attributing the plot of a story to players is a little silly.

Nobody but Blizzard needs to justify it, and we already know what their justification is.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Didn't Garrosh want pretty much the same thing, except for in favor of Orcs?
    Garrosh wasn’t a horrible racist until all the other races turned on him. You can even see it in SoO the goblins are thriving because they stuck with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    lol most of what she's done isn't even remotely evil or wrong. I'm not even a fanboi. I'm a realist. I neither like nor dislike her.
    Planning to murder your family and raising people into undeath when you know hell comes afterwords isn’t evil?

- - - Updated - - -

And they came only because the Queen of your most relevant empire summoned the Devil, and that thing wanted vengeance.

Still, they are there, and have nowhere to go - Kalimdor is the home of Orcs, Taurens, Trolls and Goblns. They will survive. They will have their space.
    There are many peaceful route the orcs could take to survive if they didn’t want war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Garrosh forgot there was other races in the Horde besides orcs, so kinda yea.
    He didn’t forget they were all just dicks to him so his feelings got hurt and he shacked up with his goblin bros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Genocide has always been the name of the game in Warcraft.

The burning legion attempts genocide on a universal scale.
    Sends orcs to wipe out humans.
    Humans win and wipe out most orcs enslave the rest, before going to their world to genocide them.
    Arthas goes nuts and tries to genocide the high elves.
    Wipes out his own people in a quest to kill all humans.

All attempted genocides, from day one.
    When I went up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish I wish he'd go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Garrosh wasn’t a horrible racist until all the other races turned on him. You can even see it in SoO the goblins are thriving because they stuck with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Planning to murder your family and raising people into undeath when you know hell comes afterwords isn’t evil?

- - - Updated - - -

There are many peaceful route the orcs could take to survive if they didn’t want war.

- - - Updated - - -

He didn’t forget they were all just dicks to him so his feelings got hurt and he shacked up with his goblin bros.
    Citation needed

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    More like selfishness really, and selfishness is far more rational than selflessness.
    Taking an opportunity to permanently stop a persistent threat to their continued well-being is completely sensible, and getting all that land and resources in the process is an added bonus.

The Alliance however are doing the same thing, but not even getting land/resources from it.

What's good for the Horde is inherently bad for the Alliance and vice versa, that's true for the majority of things.

It's a matter of perspective.

On a side note, I'm still curious how it will happen and who will burn it down, we know that burning it down isn't a part of her plan, so something prob went wrong...
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-03-05 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    At least try to understand that this is a video game. Attributing the plot of a story to players is a little silly.
    Yeah it is silly but people take this game way too seriously when it comes to faction pride. I can guarantee you it's the basis of OP's post.