Poll: How do we feel these days about M+ scoring?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Being a mythic raider first, I do a mythic +15 once a week. But because I aim at a specific dungeon to get loot I'm interested in and won't be able to find in the current raid, I often run the same ones and thus have a weak MM+ score. Which makes running a MM+15 without my guildies a pain and seldom get accepted in any group...

Deleted
    I did a +18 upper yesterday with my warlock alt. Score before the run was 1731.8. Itemlevel 963, highest upper key +9.

Wanted to push score a little, so I applied to all +15 upper kara groups with Tank/heal already filled. Took about 4 minutes to get into a group without saying a word. My mains score isn't shown on the alt, so no help from there. Total applications were 6 (2x +15, 1x +16, 3x +18). So it was quite easy. And that was upper kara. One of the easier dungeons with teeming/explosive. Only the last bridge is a little harder. It wasn't a arcway, seat or lower kara where you wait up to 10 minutes for the last DPS to apply.

On this char I never waited longer than 3 minutes for an invite. I don't get how people with even higher item level can't get into groups.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Overall, it's the same garbage as ilvl.

I got a chuckle out of a heroic raid run recently where people found out I was 10 ilvls or more beneath most, but was consistently running 3rd or 4th. The right gear and the ability to play are never reflected in such arbitrary systems.

My M score isn't particularly great as my guild doesn't do M+ runs very often (and usually when I'm not on) which means I'm pugging most of the time. While I can knock out a +15 pretty easily, I've had plenty of runs that evaporate for a great many reasons that have nothing to do with me (bad tanking, bad healing, bad attention to address affix by too many in the group).

And the same old problems creep up that has far more to do with a bad player base. If it isn't super easy, then they don't want to do it. These scoring systems just encourage that bad attitude and increases that bad player base.
    You say yourself that not everyone plays to their gear level. People 10 item levels higher than you were doing less damage. So we need a system that reflects what you've done, not just what gear you have. That's what Raider.IO is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Being a mythic raider first, I do a mythic +15 once a week. But because I aim at a specific dungeon to get loot I'm interested in and won't be able to find in the current raid, I often run the same ones and thus have a weak MM+ score. Which makes running a MM+15 without my guildies a pain and seldom get accepted in any group...
    You could try whispering group leaders with your experience in that specific dungeon. The addon shows that too, so they should be able to see it, but if you worry they are overlooking it, just whisper "I 2-chested VoW 18 just yesterday" or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

So in answer to the OP question "How do we feel these days about M+ scoring?", we have 50% with overall positive feelings, 28% negative, and 17% who want to order pizza.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by webw0lf359 View Post
    Well GG for that, my experience is totally different (EU) - 967/969 Havoc DH and I have not got into a 15 group for several weeks despite spending a number of hours applying and being rejected (my M+ score is 1267 with a 16 clear on my 'record'). Last week I levelled my own key to 14 but then got Seat and well...rip . As I've said before, I'm done with even trying now and going to farm mounts until BfA is released.
    If it's that bad for you personally, just join a 14 key as they tend to be WAY less picky in terms of ilvl (not that yours is bad to begin with) and score. The difference in loot is minimal anyway.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2018-03-14 at 02:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Deleted
    Was against it at first but now that I'm a part of it I obviously like it. It allows you to group up with people who most liikely know what they are doing.
    That being said some people are really bad even above 3k. Maybe they are not used to pugs and probably got carried by better players in their guild or what not.

In time I'm sure Blizzard will make their own system just like they have done in the past.
    Just look at ItemLevel, it started with the gearscore addon and people reacted exactly the same as they do atm with m+ score.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    If it's that bad for you personally, just join a 14 key as they tend to be WAY less picky in terms of ilvl (not that yours is bad to begin with) and score. The difference in loot is minimal anyway.
    Completing a 15 gets you a 960 in the weekly chest, a 14 doesn't.
    Last edited by mmocbd7275b6ea; 2018-03-14 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezo View Post
    A 14 grants you atleast a 955 item in the weekly chest. 5 ilvl really is a minimal loss.

Ive never had to pug anything in wow so I dont use it or care about it. I guess if you need to pug though I can see why they would use it.

It's an imperfect tool, and I don't think people take the imperfections seriously enough. Ironically, the in-game addon made that worse by giving even less information than you would get looking at the website.

However, imperfect does not mean bad. It gives a decent overview of exactly what it is meant to do: Quantity a person's Mythic+ experience. A low score does not mean they are a bad player by any means, but it probably does mean they're not experienced with higher M+ content. This is true even of objectively great players; I've seen plenty of high-end Mythic+ raiders who have poor M+ scores. It doesn't mean they couldn't do the content, but in most cases it does mean they haven't. At least not often. Experience does matter.

It's also basically inevitable. Before this it was gear score, supplanted only because Blizzard gave us a built-in version in the form of overall and equipped ilvl. Some people still roll with achievement checks. Players are always going to look for ways to quantify the skill level of a potential PUG member and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. This system is probably one of the more accurate ways of doing so that we have seen recently.

The system fails somewhat in edge cases. It's okay with alts (and obviously can't handle multiple accounts); it misleads when people have done really high keys but have serious gaps in their record; it fails (less so with recent updates) when runs don't show up in the leaderboards; and it becomes more and more exclusionary as time goes on.

Personally, while I look at my own score for funsies I don't really look at other peoples' in the rare occasions where we PUG somebody into our group. But it's fine overall.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by webw0lf359 View Post
    Well GG for that, my experience is totally different (EU) - 967/969 Havoc DH and I have not got into a 15 group for several weeks despite spending a number of hours applying and being rejected (my M+ score is 1267 with a 16 clear on my 'record'). Last week I levelled my own key to 14 but then got Seat and well...rip . As I've said before, I'm done with even trying now and going to farm mounts until BfA is released.
    People need to stop complaining and just adapt. Doing nothing but a 14 on every dungeon will give you a 2.1k+ score. why the hell should someone take you with just above half that quantifiable mark. You choose to roll a dps class, you choose to pug, you choose to not use your own key. People do not owe you anything. There is zero reason for me to pick you over someone with 2-3 times your experence with 5-mans and 5+ ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I'm the same I do 1 +15-17 a week and i only pick between 3-4 diff dungeons as I pray for a roulette item TF'ing from one of them lol. If m+ didn't have the weekly cache I don't think I would do m+ at all.

Are you serious? Queueing forever without an invite vs spending 20 minutes and getting a 955 item instead of a 960 item - which sounds more sensible, hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate it. Reminds me of GS and all that other crap. I'm an altoholic so I'm never building a high score on one toon. From tuesday-sunday almost no one invites my toons even though they're all about 950~. Come monday, people become less picky and I'm able to get into +15. I outperform most people I play with and occasionally some will comment that I played exceptionally well for my raider.io score. Yes technically I could go on my main and grind m+ until I had a 3k score, but I absolutely hate M+. It became stale after a while.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Are you serious? Queueing forever without an invite vs spending 20 minutes and getting a 955 item instead of a 960 item - which sounds more sensible, hmm...
    People still want the best they can get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I hate it. Reminds me of GS and all that other crap. I'm an altoholic so I'm never building a high score on one toon. From tuesday-sunday almost no one invites my toons even though they're all about 950~. Come monday, people become less picky and I'm able to get into +15. I outperform most people I play with and occasionally some will comment that I played exceptionally well for my raider.io score. Yes technically I could go on my main and grind m+ until I had a 3k score, but I absolutely hate M+. It became stale after a while.
    You absolutely hate M+ so the score keeps you from groups of people who love M+. Success.

People still want the best they can get.
    so no item at all is better than a free 955 item, if the 955 item is the best that individual person can get?