Thread: Holy gameplay

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Then roll a Resto Shaman, Holy Priest or Resto Druid.

We don't have to dumb down a great Healing spec because an idiot can't manage his Judgment every x seconds.

Thank you !

Let's be honest here, if you have to target other players to heal them you are not that good to begin with no matter what class you're playing.

Paladin is in a great spot right now and i hope it stays that way. If you don't wanna deal with paladin mechanics, don't play paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i strongly disagree. wether is it that easy you wanna show it here, nor you can control which talents will provide most hps throughput in patch x, y or z, if blizz thinks „this patch this is the way to go“.

besides that: if i want to play a spec were i constantly have to switch between targeting mobs and heal ppls, i can play disc. dont need that crap for paladins.

so my oppinion is still the same: bring back standard ranged healing, like holy was, without any melee or judgement/CS shit. i want to play a normal healer. ranged. heal only. and ranged dps, if nothing else is to do/heal at that moment.

and no, i dont wanna play holy priest or druid or shaman, because i have a paladin to play paladin.

Let's be honest here, if you have to target other players to heal them you are not that good to begin with no matter what class you're playing.

Paladin is in a great spot right now and i hope it stays that way. If you don't wanna deal with paladin mechanics, don't play paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    besides that: if i want to play a spec were i constantly have to switch between targeting mobs and heal ppls, i can play disc. dont need that crap for paladins.

so my oppinion is still the same: bring back standard ranged healing, like holy was, without any melee or judgement/CS shit. i want to play a normal healer. ranged. heal only. and ranged dps, if nothing else is to do/heal at that moment.

and no, i dont wanna play holy priest or druid or shaman, because i have a paladin to play paladin.

Judgement *can* be used to provide healing. Optional.
    Crusader strike *can* be used if you want faster Holy Shocks. Optional.

Then there are these things called VuhDo and Grid. Amazing stuff really.

And then there are these macros for abilities that use focus, target's target, target, harm, help, etc. so you don't have to switch targets for anything, ever.

Just imagine...
    /use [harm][@targettarget]Crusader Strike

If your target if hostile, it attacks with CS, if you are targeting the tank, it attacks your tank's target.

It's magic!
    Last edited by Parhelion; 2018-03-20 at 12:14 PM.

Healers are not "entitled" to not do ANY DPS all the time. Doesn't matter if you are judgment spec'ed paladin, or shaman, or druid, or disc priest.
    Last edited by gobio; 2018-03-22 at 10:37 AM.

I am new to Holy Pala and I can only support the idea of the creator of this thread.
    I have also been playing Rduid all legion long and I love it. I though I might try another, completely different healing class. So I went Hpala. (Doing only mythics, no raids)

The Healing style, as it was back in Lich King is completely gone. I love the way u had a small cheap heal and a big exensive heal (flash of light and holy light it was).
    Now holy light is useless (who would want to cast a spell that takes more time and heals for less, really?)
    Being always in the melee group sux as healer, having bad AOE heal sux, and single target heal isnt even that awesome as I tought. I can heal easily as much with full hots on the tank than having to break my mouse using flash of light with holy shock over and over again.

I dont get the gameplay, maybe its just me, but I am really disappointed. I hope for BFA to be better and give it another try.

I'm not a huge fan of the mastery, but other than that I think Holy Paladin plays very well right now.

Short and powerful cooldowns, having access to the 3 different beacon types also makes holy very strong right now.
    Good utility with blessings, great dps as shockadin for dungeons.
    Sure there are some weaknesses, such as having no great AoE healing abilities but the spec feels rather solid IMO.

I also play druid, shaman and priest healers as well and they all have their own fun and unique styles. To be frank I think healing in Legion is quite solid overal; the balance has been good and most healing specs have a very distinct feel from the others and yet feel fun and balanced.

Like I said, the mastery for holy paladins might not be my favorite mastery. But it does provide an extra layer to the skill ceiling where your positioning is actually somewhat impactful.
    Other than that the only thing that maybe annoys me is the fact we don't use shields in legion, but that's going to be fixed I hope :P
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2018-03-22 at 11:07 PM.

Deleted
    Recently played Brigitte in overwatch and damn, she should be the blueprint of real paladin. She has holy shock, proper version of melee healing, badass shield and thematic ulti. If only...

Deleted
    I really hope they dont make Paladins stationary healers again, its so boring. People who wants to be that should change to Hpriest.
    And let us keep the 2hand hammer, noone wanna look like a protection paladin anyways :-) It feels alot better to smack an enemy across the head with big fricking hammer.
    About the Aoe healing, where are you in need of it? if you cant top your group up with BoV and LoD then you're just bad , sorry to say. yes, we dont have trang. but if you combine Velen trinket with aura of mast ( with sac ) then you're good to go in raids aswell. Its just annoying that people complain about other healers abilities, do you really want everything to be the same ? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    Recently played Brigitte in overwatch and damn, she should be the blueprint of real paladin. She has holy shock, proper version of melee healing, badass shield and thematic ulti. If only...
    She's easily the worst hero in OW right now, I would not want to have her gameplay merged into Holy Paladin. No thanks, bring back ranged healing please, I hate being classified as melee and fucked over on fights where you need ranged (Mythic Aggramar)

7+ Year Old Account
    Uhhh being classified as melee is literally my favorite part of mythic raiding on my pally. Cant be targeted by lile any of the mechanics. We truely are blessed in the light...

Change Mastery to literally ANYTHING else, and we are golden.
    Even the JoL mechanic is less annoying. At least it's relaibale and works.

Mastery really drags down a spec that's fun to play and effective (even with the Mastery being terrible).

Light of the Martyr is another option on the move if you don't need to maintain JoL and HS is on CD, and I think that's a fine niche for that spell.

Otherwise, I just hope for some de-emphasis of the whole "melee" healer thing, it's fine that DPS is done that way as Holy, but I can't stand the way Mastery works on a lot of fights, especially on ones where using Beacon of the Lightbringer doesn't make a lot of sense. Rule of Law helps, but it's still very clunky and annoying to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Flayful View Post
    Mastery really drags down a spec that's fun to play and effective (even with the Mastery being terrible).

Light of the Martyr is another option on the move if you don't need to maintain JoL and HS is on CD, and I think that's a fine niche for that spell.

Otherwise, I just hope for some de-emphasis of the whole "melee" healer thing, it's fine that DPS is done that way as Holy, but I can't stand the way Mastery works on a lot of fights, especially on ones where using Beacon of the Lightbringer doesn't make a lot of sense. Rule of Law helps, but it's still very clunky and annoying to deal with.
    I don't fully agree it forces you to think about where you are more. The "Melee healer" thing aint even a thing due to all supportive things and almost no good reason to be in melee.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the very specific part of holy pally gameplay in Legion. He is the only healer spec that has ~90% of instant healing spells. Its very comfortable and satisfying to heal ST or AOE without the need to stand in one place. Add the melee focus+two-hand weapon, and it becomes the very fast paced and diverse healer spec. Honestly, i simply can't play other healers after him. I tried shammy, druid and priest, and got really bored by casting the spells with the cast time, annoyed by the usual requirement to stand in one place to heal someone. After holy paladin gameplay they felt clunky, clumsy and highly mana-dependent.

Id say we were in the great spot in Legion in terms of both effectiveness and satisfying gameplay.

The only thing id wish Blizzard to give us is the heal-on-hit, similar to PvP talent, or Uther's talent in HotS.
    Just replace our current mastery with heal-on-hit passive, that will allow us to heal people when we use Crusader Strike, Consecration and Judgment against enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    I would create more reason to stand in melee and hit the boss, and reintroduce auras,blessing and seals.
    I like this.

I like 2h but hate the mastery tho.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Last Alpha Build:

Avenging Crusader standard level 90 Talent.

I hope that the following expansion after BfA will also remove all this dps as healer crap from holy paladins just like they removed monk fist weaving. I get that they want to experiment with it and its okay as long as they will make holy paladin a pure healer someday again. I don't understand all this hype about dps and heal. If I want to dps I'll play a dps? Why can't I just heal as a healer instead of having all this unnecessary layers of do x to do y? Or change the healers to be "supports" instead where they have 2 healing spells and the rest of the spells just cc, like in MOBAs.

If people like this specific play of dps and heal why not play a disc priest, who was an iconic "dps+heal" spec since the beginning? so people who really like that can always play disc. Now holy paladin, then they will force all the other healer specs to also dps...
    Last edited by Ponky; 2018-04-04 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponky View Post
    I hope that the following expansion after BfA will also remove all this dps as healer crap from holy paladins just like they removed monk fist weaving. I get that they want to experiment with it and its okay as long as they will make holy paladin a pure healer someday again. I don't understand all this hype about dps and heal. If I want to dps I'll play a dps? Why can't I just heal as a healer instead of having all this unnecessary layers of do x to do y? Or change the healers to be "supports" instead where they have 2 healing spells and the rest of the spells just cc, like in MOBAs.

If people like this specific play of dps and heal why not play a disc priest, who was an iconic "dps+heal" spec since the beginning? so people who really like that can always play disc. Now holy paladin, then they will force all the other healer specs to also dps...
    I can sympathise but I don't think that's the right battle, it's okay to have the option provided the alternatives are strong as well. As it is though sw is nerfed/still a mana hog and the topless tower could be fervent martyr 2.0 so that's where I'd prefer to see future changes.

I mean, I hope that saying "it's only alpha" is okay in this context and that stuff will change because atm Avenging crusader has no mana cost, heals for 20sec with no mana consumed and doesn't say that it heals "nearest target" so it looks like it's a smart heal to an injured ally anywhere, be it melee or ranged. Doesn't that sound like a go-to talent, considering what you just mentioned about SW and TTT?