Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Seriously college is still a thing?

College just comes out to be, the formula,: you pay some one 136,000$ - 250,000$ to do ALL the work. Can you believe it? not only that but the work which you're doing causes you EXTREME pain in the brain because u hate them and don't want to do them or don't enjoy them or do them naturally even thought you'd pick the "EASIEST" college major, like for ME Biology, due to to the fact that it has many pictures and u can imagine them easily in ur head or so it's easier to learn.

Then'd u'd come out and they, the companies which you applied to jobs to do for hired based on your deegree of achievement, I.E Bachelor Degree in Biology for me, after a painful process in the head of suffering working to get the degree, they'd say "Oh, you know althought u'd had a rounded education, u'd didn't really liked your major. You didn't find it exciting. Or fun. Or do it naturally. So you really can't do the work easily or naturally. So we can't hire you. Based on your portfolio of like doing nothing in the line of your major to show or prove that this work is exciting for u. Or ur competent in it at operating microscope machinery or something. Cause u don't got technical exciting skills that you're excited in and good at doing."

(if ur gonna get mad at me get mad at the u'tubs complain video of pplz in student loan deadlocked thx. WIth their horror stories thx.)

With their propaganda of:

<see picture of college graduate propaganda here at your local area s>
    <Possibly which a bunch of pplz standing around in a red gown or something like that blck gown like a sentimental creditcard college commercial>

"Seriously, they don't require you to take classes outside your major now to get your degree"?? where the hell was this when I was there!? LIKE who the hell do these people think they are SHIT *requiring u to do SHIT* taking courses major classes outside your degrees.

What kind of a STUPID, or RETARDED, or IDIOTS would do this seriously to THEY to THEMSELVES or to THEM seriously?

Then'd u'd be left with 136,000$ - 250,000$ in college. TO DO ALL THE WORK URSELF. of student loans, a HUGE amount of them be'd parent plus loan. Shit load of suffering and pain in the brain, just imagines writing those papers u'd don't want or *any thing can be on the test*, in the process to get the degree. *or pre-requisite*. for no reason just to realize it was all a scam. U'd pay 136,000$-250,000$ to suffer pain in the brain'. did all the work.

*then'd at the end u'd come out n ur like im too burn out my pain is soo much in the brain. The brain feels too much pained. I can't sleep. I cake wake up. I can't tolerate pplz that cause more pain in the brain at work like a BAD co-worker or BAD supervisor. Who causes u more pain in the brain thru like their low empthathy level or something like that*.

Shouldn't there be just some kind of a system of government where the civil servant administer the test, design the test, u'd just study for the test or set up some kind of a additional subsidized facilities which requires u to perform in.CHEAP TO PAY FOR. to get skilled as part of their self-studied degrees if they're intested in it or something? like A LABORATORY course degree class or something.

TO DO ALL THE WORK URSELF N SUFFER PAIN IN THE BRAIN FOR 4-6 YRS FOR NOTHING. After 136,000$-250,000$ studen loan in paid. THX.
    Last edited by LairenyX; 2018-03-07 at 03:33 AM.

Uhh

Are you sure you went to college? Based on your use of language and argument, i'd argue against it. Maybe go to a country where it's not that expensive to get a degree? Jesus.

100% agree with everything in this post. Reading this made me feel the way people must have felt then they saw Mozart perform live in the 1700's. Just beautiful.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Thankfully my tuition was only 4800 a semester, and I didn't have to take out many loans to cover it. Depending on what you want to do, college is absolutely required. My company can't even hire someone without an Engineering degree based on their contract with the government. Everyone's situation is going to be different, but flat out saying college isn't worth it is a joke.

Also, is seeing people graduate in pictures the main lure of college to you? I didn't attend mine personally, I had them mail me my diploma.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Don't know about you OP, but here in Ireland we got free education... paying a measly €250+ for the entrance fee, and that's that.

Plenty of courses that can be done completely free as well, and can be used as entries to more complex subjects, as well as apprenticeships and so forth.

Pity a lot of Americans think free healthcare and education is like being a commie, or something...

And speaking of "doing all the work yourself"... you're expected to act like an adult in Uni, not a whiny child...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-03-07 at 03:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attention MMOC mods: this is what you get when you don't actually ban people.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could always go to a trade school and earn a degree that’ll actually pay the bills

Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    TO DO ALL THE WORK URSELF N SUFFER PAIN IN THE BRAIN FOR 4-6 YRS FOR NOTHING. After 136,000$-250,000$ studen loan in paid. THX.
    You do all the work yourself?

Professors and TA's have to prepare lesson plans, grade homeworks from many students nearly every week, have to grade exams, and have to hold office hours to explain concepts to students. And this is on top of their other duties, which are research (and classes if you're a TA).

And this is not an easy process, because there are always students who don't care to be there or don't care to learn, and submit truly bizarre work that graders have to try and assess in a way that's fair.

And frankly, if you hated what you were doing and didn't like it at all, you probably should have picked a different major. It really sounds like a personal problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Someone spams 7 threads in 5 minutes? How does someone not get banned for that shit?

1400 per semester, but the government covers it in grants. Live in a good country?

I live in the US and my tuition was covered with a grant. I enjoy having extra life skills outside of my chosen major. I work in a creative field so having extra knowledge helps add a bit more authenticity to my work. College isn't really about getting a job. It has more to do with maturing as a person and gaining the skills necessary to learn/research/grow. If you already have all of that then you can jump straight into your field in the mail room and spend the 4 years climbing the ladder.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

go to a real country and get free university education

Yes, College is still a thing just like gravity is still a thing. Also, Hippopotamus's are still a thing.

Your post comes off as borderline illiterate and does not read like it was written by someone who even finished high school.

I do not believe you went to college.

I do believe you are jealous of college students.

I dropped out in the 9th grade, many years ago, and it hurts my brain just to try and decipher this butchered attempt at English.

You bet college is still a thing! I want all of my daughters to go earn a degree in the hopes that they don't have to live the hard life like I have.

If you had any sense, you would stay in college too... and please play attention in English class.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like grapes. I also like lamp.

Many colledge degrees are useless, the knowledge and skills required to do a college level job can be learned within weeks in the workplace instead of racking in debt for years. The thing is though without a degree you'll likely not get the job you want. Where I work we've recently started hiring people without a degree or dropouts for certain positions, it takes a little more effort in weeding out the bad apples but in end its worth it as these guys get paid a lot less and are far less likely to switch jobs after getting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    Many colledge degrees are useless, the knowledge and skills required to do a college level job can be learned within weeks in the workplace instead of racking in debt for years. The thing is though without a degree you'll likely not get the job you want. Where I work we've recently started hiring people without a degree or dropouts for certain positions, it takes a little more effort in weeding out the bad apples but in end its worth it as these guys get paid a lot less and are far less likely to switch jobs after getting experience.
    You go to college/university to get a qualification or to build connections. Even if it is something like music, you are better off going to college and getting access to some of the best instructors in the world and the opportunity to play at the highest level, rather than playing wedding and bar gigs until you are 40 and learn what the Dorian mode is.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

Seriously
    University of London offers the bachelors for $7k for the entire degree (distance learning).
    People that pay more, just can't google
    And chances are, that 7k degree is better ranked than yours
    Save your money for a good masters instead
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Between grants and the gi bill I actually made money going to college. Sucks to suck.