Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The main changes I would want are the modern interface/macro/addon system and some form of manual group forming tool. The vanilla interface was both clunky and allowed for things like macroing full rotations. Changing these to modern versions would count as fixing broken things. While an LFR/LFD type of automatic cross-realm grouping tool would be a deal-breaker for me, I would like to see a manual grouping system for finding group members from your own realm. A broken version of this did exist in vanilla in the form of meeting stones in front of dungeons. However, the tool should not be an interface button, but rather accessible via those meeting stones and possibly via major cities.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    The main changes I would want are the modern interface/macro/addon system and some form of manual group forming tool. The vanilla interface was both clunky and allowed for things like macroing full rotations. Changing these to modern versions would count as fixing broken things. While an LFR/LFD type of automatic cross-realm grouping tool would be a deal-breaker for me, I would like to see a manual grouping system for finding group members from your own realm. A broken version of this did exist in vanilla in the form of meeting stones in front of dungeons. However, the tool should not be an interface button, but rather accessible via those meeting stones and possibly via major cities.
    Innkeepers served as a basic LFG tool in the early days iirc. It was removed because almost nobody used that feature, go figure... It could be reintroduced, though ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    People need to start realizing that WoW Classic is essentially and emulator of an older game. No, it won't have QoL features added in. The only question is which patch will it emulate...

Once you accept that, this debate goes away.
    ^ Basically this.

One thing I think would be reasonable and not too-altering would be to cap respec costs to 5 or 15g (original went up to 50g if done more often than 1x per month). 50g was a LOT when a lvl 58 mob would drop 8 *copper* upon death after ~25sec of dps.

Before you shoot me and burn my corpse - I'm NOT suggesting dual-spec. Just a tiny adjustment to help with the supply of tanks & healers, as those who played in Vanilla remember how long it might take in Trade chat to find one/both.

That's it. Which patch is to maybe start with 1.12 or 15 and release stuff like they did. Give newbies a chance to experience AQ opening event, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackrabb1t View Post
    ^ Basically this.

One thing I think would be reasonable and not too-altering would be to cap respec costs to 5 or 15g (original went up to 50g if done more often than 1x per month). 50g was a LOT when a lvl 58 mob would drop 8 *copper* upon death after ~25sec of dps.

Before you shoot me and burn my corpse - I'm NOT suggesting dual-spec. Just a tiny adjustment to help with the supply of tanks & healers, as those who played in Vanilla remember how long it might take in Trade chat to find one/both.

That's it. Which patch is to maybe start with 1.12 or 15 and release stuff like they did. Give newbies a chance to experience AQ opening event, etc.
    given the vague blue comments about letting the community decide (meaning blizz makes any change they want and say the players demanded it), I think stuff like dual-spec is highly likely to be in classic.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Most people would tell you that Vanilla being broken and less homogenized made it more fun. There wasn't any balance and things were clearly broken. like enchanting level 10 gear so you could kill like 20 people your own level or Paladins one-shotting people.

Some people actually want these broken features, some people want to go through being stun-locked indefinitely because it makes them appreciate the fix when it eventually arrives.

In my opinion, even if we went with a true progressive server where bugs are added then fixed later, people will get angry when they're no longer OP, and far more people would be manipulating this stuff.

I feel like some things really do need to be changed. it'd be cool to maybe turn these bugs on for a day? like a day where rogues can infinitely stunlock? a day where Paladins are OP? just so people can get the true vanilla experience - but definitely not over the course of a patch.

Addons separate the noobs from the pros, I feel like it's better for addons to be community creations rather than Blizzard enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Innkeepers served as a basic LFG tool in the early days iirc. It was removed because almost nobody used that feature, go figure...
    Nobody used it because it didn't get you tank+heal+3dps, it just grouped you up with anyone, and you'd end up with a group of 5 dps.

Nice job trying to spin it as "hurr nobody used it because lfd sux xddddd" though.

People need to start realizing that WoW Classic is essentially and emulator of an older game. No, it won't have QoL features added in. The only question is which patch will it emulate...
    And people like you need to realize that vanilla is not perfect and has shitloads of things that you could fix without altering the "feel" of the game.

I'm a giant vanilla/TBC fanboy but I'd still love to make lots of small fixes, like giving druids a regular rez spell, or making it so you can see buff timers on allies, or smoothly dismount when using spells/abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    In my opinion, even if we went with a true progressive server where bugs are added then fixed later, people will get angry when they're no longer OP, and far more people would be manipulating this stuff.

I feel like some things really do need to be changed. it'd be cool to maybe turn these bugs on for a day? like a day where rogues can infinitely stunlock? a day where Paladins are OP? just so people can get the true vanilla experience - but definitely not over the course of a patch.
    Doing a "true progression" from 1.1 to 1.12 would be a nightmare. Remember that only 1 class got talent revamps in each major patch after 1.5, and it was months and months between each patch. Flame wars would erupt on the forums when one class got its talent revamp and the other classes had to continue being stuck with shitty, broken 1.1 talents. You remember the "Bus Shock" incident, don't you?

Not to mention the stupidly broken things from early game, like how there weren't enough quests to reach 60, or flight points only going one connection at a time, having to talk to the NPC and click your next location at every single stop. Or how Paladins were stuck with 5-minute blessings until patch 1.9, being forced to single-buff 40 people in a raid every 2 and a half minutes.

Patch 1.1 was horrendously broken and shitty, even by vanilla standards.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Nobody used it because it didn't get you tank+heal+3dps, it just grouped you up with anyone, and you'd end up with a group of 5 dps.
    How would I know? The feature had been discontinued before I started playing, that's why I said "iirc". Are you happy now with your little forum warrior victory?

And people like you need to realize that vanilla is not perfect and has shitloads of things that you could fix without altering the "feel" of the game.
    Please quantify "feel of the game". Someone can chime in and say that linear questing, pet battles, LFR, and damage/healing normalization wouldn't alter the "feel of the game". And how would you prove him/her wrong? After all, it's subjective af.

Patch 1.1 was horrendously broken and shitty, even by vanilla standards.
    Fortunately, you can start with a "frankenpatch" so to speak, so there is no need ever for 1.1. The general rule would be "if it was in Vanilla, it's ok, if it wasn't, it isn't". And I am not talking about non gameplay-altering features such as colorblind mode, bnet integration, enhanced account security, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post

Please quantify "feel of the game". Someone can chime in and say that linear questing, pet battles, LFR, and damage/healing normalization wouldn't alter the "feel of the game". And how would you prove him/her wrong? After all, it's subjective af.

hey!!

only blizzard can discuss if something 'feels classic' or is a 'classic gameplay experience.' only they can see all the posts and correlate all the opinions to get the correct answer.

no more second guessing - Trust Blue!!
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Did i say it was perfect? Did I even imply that? The answer is "no" on both counts. I said Classic will be an emulator of Vanilla WoW. You dont make changes to super mario bros when you play it on an emulator. You play it, faults and all, because thats what you did in your childhood.

So my advice to you is that you stop making terrible ad hominem arguments, and quit campaigning to change something that wont be.

Really the only changes I want to see would be the removal of certain bugs. Like if there was a dupe that worked back then, obviously I'd like to see it removed. Keep class balance the same, it clearly worked, keep dungeons and raids as well as their difficulty the same. Don't add in any new shit, especially any pay to win ideas, as long as they do all of that vanilla wow will have a pretty dedicated base of players.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Um, the only things I can think of is postmaster changes (mailing important items you forgot to loot), and probably some changes to how loot is handled in raids/dungeons. To clarify, I'm not asking for personal loot, I'm just asking that the systems in play in Vanilla be updated to modern levels so you don't have issues that plagued looting at times back in Vanilla. Tagging issues, or disconnects would oftentimes make you not eligible for loot. Looting something incorrectly was also a disaster.

Basically I don't think allowing the ability to freely trade loot among party/raid members within the last couple hours would be a negative in any fashion. Nor would clearing up issues where mob tags appeared 'grey' to some members because of certain circumstances. To me it would seem logical because I'm sure they don't want to have to deal with people ticketing that items were mishandled (to which they 99% did nothing with back in Vanilla anyways).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    * I want LFR, Pet battles, Quest helper to tell me where i have to go, WoW tokens so i can get gold, Demon hunters because they are cool, etc *
    You ever hate somebody so much that it makes you twitch with anger knowing they are walking around stealing our oxygen? Yeah....
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Did i say it was perfect? Did I even imply that? The answer is "no" on both counts. I said Classic will be an emulator of Vanilla WoW. You dont make changes to super mario bros when you play it on an emulator.
    Emulators are free that cost nothing in development resources and are not expected to turn a profit.

If you spent $20 million making a Super Mario Bros emulator that was exactly the same as existing Super Mario Bros emulators and expected people to pay for it, then you've just wasted $20 million.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Um, the only things I can think of is postmaster changes (mailing important items you forgot to loot), and probably some changes to how loot is handled in raids/dungeons. To clarify, I'm not asking for personal loot, I'm just asking that the systems in play in Vanilla be updated to modern levels so you don't have issues that plagued looting at times back in Vanilla.
    I don't see how postmaster can work without personal loot. Postmaster can only send you things that belong to you and nobody else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Required QoL changes:
    1. Proper LUA interface. Addons in Classic were too powerful. That's wrong. Most of Interface changes will be possible via 3-rd party addons, so no further improvement of default interface is necessary, it should be in pristine classic state, so players can experience vanilla gameplay and if they want, replace it with ElvUI.
    2. Server changes to support interface advancements. Sort by item buyout is the one example, retrieve completed quests, etc. But for some things it should not change, e.g. debuff inspect only for mages, etc. It was part of the vanilla experience.
    3. WoW token. I'd like to buy gold from Blizzard instead of goldsellers. People incentivized to farm gold to pay for they gametime will make world more alive, you can't materialize gold in class halls in vanilla.
    4. Guild management should be improved to current levels.