Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is BM faster gameplay than MM?

Hey.

I currently have a 969 MM weapon, But i'm starting to dislike the cast time aspect of MM, and wondering if BM is more fast paced/More instant spells.

Only reason i've stuck with MM so far (Around 5 weeks as lvl 110 on hunter) is to cling to the archer/Ranger class fantasy with the Windrunner bow, Quiver and all that.
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2018-03-07 at 11:03 AM.

It's 100% instant cast spells, pretty simple rotation/priority list so some people find it boring. But I'd say it's pretty fast paces compared to MM.

Yes, BM has more actions per minute than MM.

Decent crit and a One With The Pack build will keep you GCD-locked from time to time. Good times!

Change MM build to meme, forget about aimed shot, you lose some single target dps, gain a lot of aoe, have all spell instant for mm. (try it in mythic is fun as hell)

BM is not a caster spec, it’s more like a ranged melee spec

BM is more stressful than MM due to having to do full dps rotation while moving. MM doesn't have to worry about that. I find MM more easier and more relaxful spec -> arcane shot until certain amount of focus and cast two aimed shots. As BM you can't fall asleep because it's just full focus on rotation especially with Dire Frenzy.

I haven't touched BM during progression but I have tried it on farm.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    BM is more stressful than MM due to having to do full dps rotation while moving. MM doesn't have to worry about that. I find MM more easier and more relaxful spec -> arcane shot until certain amount of focus and cast two aimed shots. As BM you can't fall asleep because it's just full focus on rotation especially with Dire Frenzy.

ARe you properly using your Vuln windows? Rotationally, MM might be easy, but making full use of those windows where your last aimed shot has to hit towards the last point of the vuln window while having to deal with mechanics is among one of the most difficult things I've had to deal with

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post

How is being able to move and still maintain 100% of your rotation stressful? Movement is the biggest foe to any ranged caster and BM literally ignores that issue because every single spell in their toolkit is instant aside from dismiss pet. I feel like you must not be playing MM correctly if you think it's easier than a faceroll spec like BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    ARe you properly using your Vuln windows? Rotationally, MM might be easy, but making full use of those windows where your last aimed shot has to hit towards the last point of the vuln window while having to deal with mechanics is among one of the most difficult things I've had to deal with
    I think so. When I'm at 70 focus I do Marked Shot > arcane shot > 2x aimed, where the first aimed hits while vuln has 3 seconds left and the last aimed during 1 second left. With Windburst it's 2x arcane 2x aimed or marked before 2x arcane if I have the proc. I don't think there is better use of vuln windows because I can't just fit more aimed shots at 70 focus so aimed shots during 3 sec and 1 sec left is perfect imo. I don't have problem with this and I love the rotation because it's so relaxing.

Sometimes I do miss second aimed if I have to interrupt it's cast because of mechanics but that's how the life is on my mage as well. Missed one or two aimed while doing mechanics? Not a big deal for me just continue the rotation and hope you are not being targeted next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    How is being able to move and still maintain 100% of your rotation stressful? Movement is the biggest foe to any ranged caster and BM literally ignores that issue because every single spell in their toolkit is instant aside from dismiss pet. I feel like you must not be playing MM correctly if you think it's easier than a faceroll spec like BM.
    Well above you can see how I'm playing MM. I'm not saying BM or MM is hard, they are equally "faceroll" compared to some of my other classes. BM is just more spammy and stressful while as MM it's not as spammy.
    Most of the mechanics are predictable and you can easily play around them after dozens of pulls. But sometimes when you are targeted by mechanics and thats when you lose dps but it's not making the MM more stressful for me. Shit happens and continue rotation after having done with the mechanic.
    Last edited by ryjkur; 2018-03-08 at 10:37 AM.

I used to play BM until a couple of months ago, but am now MM for most raid bosses. I stick with BM for the dogs, due to the movement required and the orbs.

BM is all instant cast, and you can cast on the move, and you'll generally be using your abilities more frequently. My BM build used the Qa'pla lege boots and AoTB, which gives a slightly more even dps output and, in my view, more interesting play. The huge advantage is you can cast on the move, which removes any pressure over having to stop casting to move to dodge or soak a boss mechanic. The bulk of your dps is done by your pets, not by you.

MM needs more forwarding thinking at boss casts, etc, so you can squeeze out your biggest hitting aimed shots while stationary. It takes a while to get used to that, but once you learn the fights you can find it more relaxing. There's less casts overall, but you need to make the right decisions at the right time to max your dps, more so than with BM, which is more forgiving. The trouble is, sometimes you have to move, and then all you can do is arcane/marked shot. Also, you are dependent on rng for procs to get the vulnerable window up when windburst is down, which can sometimes be frustrating when the procs don't come.

As for the look and feel of bows or guns, you can transmog your lege gun to a bow, if you want.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

I currently have a 969 MM weapon, But i'm starting to dislike the cast time aspect of MM, and wondering if BM is more fast paced/More instant spells.

Only reason i've stuck with MM so far (Around 5 weeks as lvl 110 on hunter) is to cling to the archer/Ranger class fantasy with the Windrunner bow, Quiver and all that.
    BM is faster pace and probably the easiest spec in the game. (Maybe Thermal void frost mage gets the nod over BM). MM needs more attention (planning) and focus on what you're doing if you want to play optimally. MM won't change anymore in this expansion so you might aswell try BM. You can always switch back if it's not your cup of tea.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went full crit+leg ring with two talents in BM and fully enjoy stomp dps with almost non cd bestial wrath. boring gameplay for some and fucking lit gameplay for me. can't play the dumbass mm mechanic after that smoothness.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2018-03-13 at 11:37 AM.

Hey.

Can't you just try it out for yourself? I mean, i litteraly took you longer to make this thread than switching spec and pressing some of the buttons.

The fact that there are more BM hunters than MM hunters is a reflection on the state of MM gameplay. Nobody disputes that MM does more damage (especially on spread AoE fights), but for now a lot of us have realised that DPS isn't everything.

I feel that the feel of MM was ruined earlier this expansion and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that.

Play what's fun. We can't all be in the top 5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    BM is not a caster spec, it’s more like a ranged melee spec
    This is exactly how I describe it to people. "Think Outlaw Rogue but ranged!".

BM is more entertaining to watch, especially if you're zoo spec. You literally turret animals at mobs, it's hilarious. Albeit it has lower dps, but on movement fights its amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Can't you just try it out for yourself? I mean, i litteraly took you longer to make this thread than switching spec and pressing some of the buttons.
    Sometimes i wonder why people answer to week old threads.. Shoulden't it be obvious that the "Problem" or subject of the thread is already resolved when it has been several days since the creation of the thread?

Sometimes i wonder why people answer to week old threads.. Shoulden't it be obvious that the "Problem" or subject of the thread is already resolved when it has been several days since the creation of the thread?
    I just thought it was funny to point out this very obvious fix to your problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The fact that there are more BM hunters than MM hunters is a reflection on the state of MM gameplay. Nobody disputes that MM does more damage (especially on spread AoE fights), but for now a lot of us have realised that DPS isn't everything.

I feel that the feel of MM was ruined earlier this expansion and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that.

Play what's fun. We can't all be in the top 5%.
    Or you can look at it differently. In a way that more people prefer BM because it's the easier spec with unlimited mobility, instant abilities and pets. 'bad spec design' is subjective (just like fun) and merely one of the reasons not to play it.