Leveling my old warlock

Hi there. I haven't played since somewhere mid WoD. I don't have time to go raiding and such anymore so I couldn't be bothered with the game anymore.

But now that there are all these changes to leveling I figured I'd finally level the first ever character I ever created:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...rkspear/pliexn
    She's been inactive since the beginning of WotLK I think.

My question is what spec is best for leveling? I hear affliction is good now, but is that also the case when leveling?

play
    what
    you

leveling is irrelevant, except you want to race it, then there might be differences

Affli is recommended in general, I think, because you can run around, dot things up and don't have to worry about losing health.

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    play
    what
    you

leveling is irrelevant, except you want to race it, then there might be differences
    Thanks
    Will
    Do
    That

I tried affliction but meh. I'm destruction now but I think I'll try demonology too.
    I can't wait for Monday, the only day I get to play.

Demo with implosion can roflstomp everything. But I have to say, "play whatever you like" :P
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

At this point level as Aff. You could get away with demo but will not come close to dying as aff. If you want to do some end-game content, well play aff as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo is the most busy spec and most fun to play longterm imo. I think Destruction is the fastest way to level. When you don't need to loot anything affliction may be faster, but also boring like hell.

I'd say destruction is fastest. Aff is good to switch to for the healing, but I find burst works a lot better for leveling. I'd stay away from demo since it's getting a complete rework in BFA.

Deleted
    Demo is horrible. Maybe it get's better once you get the artifact, but at that point I switched to affli. And hated it. Dunno why, was probably the slowest class I leveled. Now leveling a new warlock for allied race, destro is pretty fun, but no idea how will it hold up in at 100+.

I levelled a Void Elf Warlock for the heritage armor, and he was mainly destruction. Cauterize master is a decent little self-heal, don't underestimate it. Not on par with affliction draintanking, obviously, but it's good for questing.

Once you max out or outlevel a zone (60 in a 20-60, 80 in a 60-80 etc.), affliction becomes massively faster - your spells scale up so much that multidotting just can't be beat.
    Hitting a 7k mob with a 15k chaos bolt is quite inefficient.

Also, the felhunter shadow bite is hilariously overpowered in those situations - it runs around oneshotting mobs with a couple of dots on them.

Really? Noone tried gathering mobs with doom, guldan's and implosion to destroy everything (and their relatives, friends etc) ?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.