Deleted

Fury or arms for m+ pushing?

Hi there! im a fury main of about a year now raiding mythic but recently ive been more and more intrested in pushing higher keys. im currently 3.5k mscore and looking for another big push in 2 weeks or so.

My big question is as the title reads, what is best for m+, fury or arms? i know last patch it was arms beecause of the tierbonus but what about this patch? id say i enjoy fury alot more in a raiding scenario but in m+ i could go either way so id preffer to play the best spec.

any ideas?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lorrekvist View Post
    Hi there! im a fury main of about a year now raiding mythic but recently ive been more and more intrested in pushing higher keys. im currently 3.5k mscore and looking for another big push in 2 weeks or so.

My big question is as the title reads, what is best for m+, fury or arms? i know last patch it was arms beecause of the tierbonus but what about this patch? id say i enjoy fury alot more in a raiding scenario but in m+ i could go either way so id preffer to play the best spec.

any ideas?
    I would go arms for higher m+ keys, mainly coz of defstance. Fury just cant stand some inc dmg of some mechanics or at least needs a lot more healing.

When pushing really high keys, often defense matters more than DPS because there are a lot of mechanics that can gib you instantly or at least severely harm you, so being able to do (say) 2.5m DPS and surviving big hits is far more valuable than doing 2.8M and dying every other pull.

So I'd say Arms. Defensive Stance is incredibly powerful and you require a lot less healing than Fury does, and while your total DPS might be slightly lower it's also a lot more consistent than Fury's burst-heavy damage which is an advantage in M+.

Deleted
    I do +22's on a regular basis and Fury is still viable, especially if you are avoidance capped/have prydaz (I don't yet have any tank trinkets like the one from Aggramar). I can survive some of the time on tyrannical bosses (except Hyrja) but yes, fury dies a lot because of the lack of defensives. There are some trash packs where you almost know for certain you're going to be one-shot. I do feel like a burden to my team sometimes but I just enjoy fury (when not dieing)

I'll also just mention Fury can be fun or a be a pain. I've had lots of lots of practice with fury but the nature of its burst means if you mistime battlecry things can go badly for you and you'll be hitting like a wet noodle until its up again. Sometimes you'll save BC and then the tank will do something you didn't expect and you'll get your timings all off and BC won't be used in the best place. Also things like using BC at the end of a boss fight and it not being up for the next trash pull makes fury un-fun, but when everything goes well it's very enjoyable.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2018-03-12 at 04:56 PM.

With Arms when I wear prydaz and healing bracers and talent into Defensive Stance it gets incredibly strong, almost like a tank. DS is great because it is not permanent. You can/should disable it during BC+Ravager and Execute phase. So in reality it is like 3-4% damage done reduction. The 20% damage taken reduction combined with prydaz shield and constant self healing from bracers and soul of the slaugther trait provides more than enough survivability for a dps spec.