Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Achievements for classic

Ok so by no means im suggesting or even want achievements in classic itself but rather achievevements FOR playing classic in the main game such as reaching lvl 60, getting x amounts of gold etc...
    Again this would be only for the main game and not in classic itself
    Thoughts?

I won't mind achievements in classic. It won't change gameplay so I won't mind.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who likes to chase achievements, I really don't want to feel obliged to play classic in order to pick up achievements in the main game. I suppose I'd be fine if there just an achievement for trying it out, but not for having to do anything that involves a significant time investment.

No. The perfect compromise is LFR. Anything else is abusing Classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    As someone who likes to chase achievements, I really don't want to feel obliged to play classic in order to pick up achievements in the main game. I suppose I'd be fine if there just an achievement for trying it out, but not for having to do anything that involves a significant time investment.
    Doesn't have to give you achievement points if that's what you are worried about

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Doesn't have to give you achievement points if that's what you are worried about
    It still begs the question though: Why have such an achievement/feat of strength in the first place?

I can understand having a carrot in main WoW to encourage people to try out Classic for a bit (eg enough time to get to level 20). But what exactly would be the point in encouraging more?

How about we just leave the game alone?

Classic wow is aimed at players who do not like features from the live version.

Copying features from live in anyway completely defeats the purpose.

No changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellzy View Post

Your face right now.

I doubt there will be mini-achievements for goals reached in Classic, but Blizzard does hand out achievements like crazy whenever you spend money on their products.

So if you buy the game before it gets included for free with subsequent xpacs / patches, likely expect a Classic Adventurer achievement on current WoW..

this is probably the only improvement I'd like to be made to classic.

Deleted
    No thanks.

Let's not have the good-old link [C'Thun] for invite!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    No thanks.

Let's not have the good-old link [C'Thun] for invite!
    People will still verify you on armory to see if you killed him in order to get into a pug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wellzy View Post

Classic wow is aimed at players who do not like features from the live version.

Copying features from live in anyway completely defeats the purpose.

No changes.
    Can't wait for them to add the mounts tab or the companions tab (not pet battles) just companions you drag around you for cosmetic/roleplaying reasons that were in vanilla and you could buy from vendor for a couple of silvers Hope you do a /cry on the forums when they do that. Also can't wait for the loot all corpses at once instead of loot individuals.

Deleted
    Hell no. It's nice to feel free.

5+ Year Old Account
    No. Keep retail crap out of Classic pl0x.

5+ Year Old Account
    Link achi or no invite.

No thank you. Fuk that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WHAT?! HERESY!
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Link achi or no invite.

No thank you. Fuk that shit.

WHAT?! HERESY!
    What's up with people trying to ruin Classic by introducing pointless shit. LFR is all we need.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wanted classic... but now you don't?

Or: "You think you do, but you don't."

Nope.
    I don't want people who dislike Classic feeling forced to play it just to get achiev. It won't please them and it will make people who don't like Classic being shoehorned in it and asking for changes.
    Let people play Classic only if they want it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    But as vanilla raids only had 1 difficulty setting, ud get 40 random ppl in "normal" raids, im sure that would be a lot of fun.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    It still begs the question though: Why have such an achievement/feat of strength in the first place?

I can understand having a carrot in main WoW to encourage people to try out Classic for a bit (eg enough time to get to level 20). But what exactly would be the point in encouraging more?
    There is no encouragement. Simply a way to show you have done something, which is what achievements are.

There is a very large amount of players who do not actively seek out every possible achievement, rather just play the game at their own pace and do things they like to do. They earn achievements for doing those activities that they like to do and they can show them off to others or just as a proof to some guy who might be doubtful about them just saying "I did this".

If there is no proof of it on Blizzard's side through achievements that you did something(particularly in PvE content, like cleared a raid or a dungeon so you get invited to a group on a fresh week), everyone can just say "yeah I have done it". Imagine right now logging into the game and trying to do a Heroic Argus pug without asking anyone for achievement and not taking iLvl of the applicants into consideration, you are most likely doomed to fail for several hours.

There doesn't need to be an Achievement system in place that you can access within the Vanilla client itself, but something that just tracks certain simple tasks(like reaching max profession level, winning Alterac Valley 100 times, killing Ragnaros) and records them to your Legion/BfA account.

Pugging in Vanilla will be considerably easier as only very few people will have to know what to do(mostly the tanks and healers) and the rest can just do whatever they want since Vanilla bosses aren't exactly hard mechanically. Legion dungeon bosses are more complex than most of TBC raids.