Computer UPGRADES

Hi All,

Recently (~3 years ago) some very helpful people here assisted in putting some pieces together for me, which in the end turned out to be the BEST computer I've ever had.

Lately things have been a bit choppy for me in games I'm playing. I don't want to do an entire overhaul, but am interested in knowing what the best bang for my buck would be in terms of upgrading a piece or two.

Approximate budget: $500-$700 (CAD)
    Games played: WoW, D3, League, Path of Exiles (this is the one that is choppy at times)
    Resolution: 1920x1080

Here is what I am currently using:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: ASRock Z97M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

Thanks!

It's still a good build. The only real performance you could get is probably a new video card. Something like a 1070/ti 1060. Prices are crazy right now.

I think path of exile is at times choppy for everyone, not sure an upgrade will fix that, that said you could use a better GPU, but prices are crappy atm so I would wait on that if you can.

So if I look at a website like shown below, what is the difference in the models? Same 1060, different prices.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...CE&PageSize=60

Deleted
    go Nvidia. WoW <3 Nvidia cards. ATI are horrible. I went from a ATI 290x to a GTX 970 and my fps doubled.

I can see 3 cards in that link,

1 GTX1060 mostly for small form factors PC's, with only 1 fan for cooling and smaller in size which does limit it's performance a tad
    1 regular non reference GTX 1060
    and 1 GTX 1070 with similar to reference cooling which is not ideal, runs hotter and noisier

Also all of them are overpriced.

Build's fine, wait a few months for Bitcoin miners to swap video cards to the newest nvidia ones and just buy a used one from MSI etc whose warranty transfers to maximize your money. The 4690 is still a fairly decent processor for those titles.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only noticeable thing you can upgrade on that budget would be GPU, but they're all extremely overpriced currently so I wouldn't.