Beta Key Giveaway Week 2: Winners have been selected!

Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    World of Warcraft Chronicle Volume 3 Preview, Blue Posts, Allcraft, Curse Hiring

    Is Diablo 3 Coming to Switch? If So, Here Are New Features We'd Love to See

    2018 Hearthstone Championship Tour - Toronto Tour Stop Survival Guide

    World of Warcraft Chronicle Volume 3 Preview
    Amazon has put up some pages of the World of Warcraft Chronicle Volume 3 book as a preview! The book will be released on March 27, 2018 in the US.



    Battle for Azeroth Now Available for Pre-purchase at Selected Retailers
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Which side are you on? Get ready to fight for your faction’s cause by pre-purchasing World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, now available at selected retail outlets across Europe.

    Picking up a Standard Edition pre-purchase box before the expansion’s release this summer* will let you upgrade your account to Battle for Azeroth immediately and begin your journey to recruit four new Allied Races. Alliance players can add the shadow-touched Void elves and valiant Lightforged to their ranks, while Horde players can bring the ancient Nightborne and noble Highmountaintauren into their fold. Additional Allied Races will be available in the future.

    Pre-purchasing Battle for Azeroth also immediately grants the included level 110 character boost!


    The pre-purchase retail box is only available before launch and doesn’t include a physical game disc—instead, everything is linked to the digital code inside. Apply it to your Battle.net account and the content will be automatically downloaded through the Battle.net app, so you’ll be able to play Battle for Azeroth as soon as it’s released*.

    You’ll find a list of retailers in your region offering the pre-purchase box below. Battle for Azeroth is also available for pre-purchase via Battle.net, where you can find out about upgrading to the Digital Deluxe Edition.

    (See the full post for a list of retailers)

    *World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth will launch on or before September 21, 2018. Pre-purchasing World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth makes available quest lines that enable players to access the Highmountain tauren, Lightforged draenei, Nightborne, and Void elves. To unlock Allied Races quest lines, players must have a level-110 character and have met specific questing and reputation requirements on the factions each Allied Race is aligned with. Players upgrading from World of Warcraft Starter Edition must wait for trial restrictions to be removed (up to 72 hours) before using character boost.

    Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Epic Pantheon Trinket and RNG
    I mean at this point a 5 year old could think of a better loot system
    I'd be eager to hear your suggestions on how it could be better. I mean, the existing one has functioned pretty well for the past 13 years for WoW specifically and for the past 20 years across an entire genre of games (other genres too, but you get my point).

    Now I am getting upgrade drops and no trinket to put them on (no offspec), so I have to begrudgingly delete them.
    I've gotten my mainspec and I've just been saving them for when I finally get an offspec. I luckily don't need anything else off Argus so I just do him primarily in an offspec loot now.

    I think overall RNG works well in games if it isn't taken too far, perhaps people are just a little over it this expansion seeing as its been put into just about every aspect of the game to drag out played time?
    I think that's a fair take on it but its a little silly when its being applied to something that really has never changed. There have always been bosses through the years that have had a powerful trinket on their drop table that everyone wants. I immediately think of Death's Verdict and how frustrating it was for me to get one but that's kinda how drops and loot tables work.

    Items don't always drop and you're not always guaranteed to get them, things like trinkets are meant to be rare because they generally make a pretty big impact when you do finally get one. The concept of loot in an RPG has this at its very core.

    At this point there have been 15 total resets since Antorus opened. 15 total chances to kill Argus and receive a Pantheon trinket. Its not that unheard of to still be looking for an item off of him even if you killed him each of those 15 resets. While its a personal loot drop and its slightly different, it still functions the same way and its still meant to be rare. Its something that not everyone will get, much like previous expansions when it comes to coveted items like trinkets and legendaries.

    Pantheon's Blessings should drop at 2-3x the normal rate once you have a trinket at 1,000.
    That could be a pretty good suggestion, however I think it might not be a good experience for someone that doesn't have one at all to see someone that gets one get rewarded even more.

    Just a heads up I'm deleting the posts coming in that are off topic as clearly people aren't reading the previous posts. For those that are hopping in, this discussion is about the Epic Pantheon trinkets, this is not about Aman'Thul's or any of the other Legion Legendaries. I'd like to not lock this thread as its actually been pretty productive and there's been some good posts.

    Wow.. you've deleted my post twice. I wasn't offensive. I was making a correction to the blue's post. The blue said in its post that the legendary system for the Pantheon trinket is the very same system that's been in the game for 13 years. I broke down the leggo system in each of the previous expansions highlighting how they all differed and it was nixxed. I reposted taking care to be extra polite and it was also nixxed.
    This thread is not discussing the Legendary systems in other expansions nor even the legendary trinket off Argus. I've said that twice and said why I was deleting off topic replies that don't apply to the Epic Pantheon Trinkets because that's not what is being discussed. Sorry for the confusion but I would recommend reading all of the replies before jumping in a thread (especially the blue ones since you can jump through them). (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

    Allcraft #31
    This week Allcraft talked with Hotted, Asmongold, Quin69 and Rich about the Battle for Azeroth Alpha.



    Curse is Hiring!
    Are you interested in working on some of the most popular gaming websites in the world? Check out our many open positions and see if Curse is the right fit for you!



    Huntsville, AL
    • Data Analyst - If your passion lies in analyzing and interpreting mountains of data and crafting strategic recommendations from data, this role may be perfect for you.
    • .NET Web Developer - In this role you'll be developing cutting edge web properties using C#, ASP.NET, MVC and SQL Server
    • .NET Web Developer - AWS - In this role you'll be building, maintaining and supporting cutting edge web properties and technical infrastructure using C#, ASP.NET, MVC, and SQL Server on AWS
    • Front End Developer - In this role, you will be flexing your CSS and JavaScript skills to build beautiful user experiences that will be used by millions of users.
    • PHP Web Developer - In this role you will be building, maintaining, and supporting our Hydra Wiki Platform which runs on PHP, MediaWiki, MySQL, Redis, Golang, and AWS.
    New York, NY


    For more information on working at Curse, please head to our Careers page.

    Last edited by chaud; 2018-03-09 at 01:26 PM.

  2. #2
    The Patient gorocz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pilsen, Czech Republic
    Posts
    274
    And if I want CE, I still have to either wait for release or be stuck with an extra BFA key...

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral Nerovar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kiel (Germany)
    Posts
    1,046
    Why did they put Arthas' armor into the Frozen Throne on that one image with Kel'Thuzad? Blizzard at it again...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Why did they put Arthas' armor into the Frozen Throne on that one image with Kel'Thuzad? Blizzard at it again...
    Thats not "Arthas' Armor", thats the Helm of Domination and the Plate of the Damned, two pieces of armor crafted by demons and given to Ner'zhul, bonding with his spirit, and basically creating the Lich King in the first place, and then locked into the Frozen Throne until Arthas came along.

    Arthas used to wear them while he was the Lich King, but it existed before him.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2018-03-09 at 02:11 PM.

  5. #5
    Why isn't Orgrimmar mentioned, nor anything in Kalimdor? Is it set before the "horde" or we knew anything about them?
    And Kul'Tiras is just outside of Vashj'ir and between The Broken Isles, how could they not have noticed before? While flying ships to Broken Shore, or taking the boats to Northrend from Stormwind City or over to The Exodar with a boat, not a single person noticed these lands?

  6. #6
    The Patient gorocz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pilsen, Czech Republic
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Why did they put Arthas' armor into the Frozen Throne on that one image with Kel'Thuzad? Blizzard at it again...
    Maybe Arthas got it along with Frostmourne. He doesn't have the armor at the end of human campaign and has it when he succeeds his father, so it's possible that when Ner'zhul sent Frostmourne away, he sent the armor too.

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Nerovar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kiel (Germany)
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Thats not "Arthas' Armor", thats the Helm of Domination and the Plate of the Damned, two pieces of armor crafted by demons and given to Ner'zhul, bonding with his spirit, and basically creating the Lich King in the first place, and then locked into the Frozen Throne until Arthas came along.

    Arthas used to wear them while he was the Lich King, but it existed before him.
    He wore that armor before he was the Lich King. You should play Warcraft 3.

    Quote Originally Posted by gorocz View Post
    Maybe Arthas got it along with Frostmourne. He doesn't have the armor at the end of human campaign and has it when he succeeds his father, so it's possible that when Ner'zhul sent Frostmourne away, he sent the armor too.
    Inside the iceblock there's only Frostmourne though and it took most of Ner'zhul's power to put the sword into the DHL package so I'm guessing that he didn't really have the juice to also send him the rest of his armor (btw. he's still 'wearing' armor in the TFT cinematic but not the one we see on this artwork) along with some pocket money.

  8. #8
    Can anyone explain the setup of the pre-purchase copy?
    1. Will I now get a digital key, so I can enjoy the pre-purchase bonus straight away?
    2. When the game releases, will I get a box of the game, but then without cd's?

  9. #9
    For Azeroth!
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    4,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    He wore that armor before he was the Lich King. You should play Warcraft 3.
    Lich king armor isn't the "generic death knight" hero armor used by arthas or other deathknights in game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Inside the iceblock there's only Frostmourne though and it took most of Ner'zhul's power to put the sword into the DHL package so I'm guessing that he didn't really have the juice to also send him the rest of his armor (btw. he's still 'wearing' armor in the TFT cinematic but not the one we see on this artwork) along with some pocket money.
    That's not the iceblock from frostmourne, kel thuzad wasn't even there with Arthas, just Muradin. Lich King armor was in the Ice block upon the Frozen Throne.

    There's just a weird never explained lore gap on how arthas got his deathknight armor, and the lich king cinematic focuses on putting on the helm only, for both arthas and bolvar.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-09 at 02:56 PM.

  10. #10
    Bloodsail Admiral Nerovar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kiel (Germany)
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Lich king armor isn't the "generic death knight" hero armor used by arthas or other deathknights in game.



    That's not the iceblock from frostmourne, kel thuzad wasn't even there with Arthas, just Muradin. Lich King armor was in the Ice block upon the Frozen Throne.

    There's just a weird never explained lore gap on how arthas got his deathknight armor, and the lich king cinematic focuses on putting on the helm only, for both arthas and bolvar.
    I didn't say that this is the "Frostmourne-Iceblock". I merely said that it makes no sense that this screenshot is showing imprisoned Ner'zhul wearing the armor that Arthas is wearing when he kills his father/fights Illidan/frees Ner'zhul (which is the same armor he's wearing as the Lich King later on).

  11. #11
    I am Murloc! Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,770
    Quote Originally Posted by gorocz View Post
    And if I want CE, I still have to either wait for release or be stuck with an extra BFA key...
    CE isn't available yet, but now that you can prepurchase the physical edition hopefully they will finally have this shit figured out.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Can anyone explain the setup of the pre-purchase copy?
    1. Will I now get a digital key, so I can enjoy the pre-purchase bonus straight away?
    2. When the game releases, will I get a box of the game, but then without cd's?
    No, you won't get anything else other than that (ugly) pre-purchase package with the red bar on it's cover. Since you already get your codes to unlock the boost and the ability to get access to the allied races, there won't be another box on release for you, because you would have two codes then.

    They don't open up full release boxes with game discs in it and rip out the codes.

    So your best bet to get access right away and still get a physical box (like I did) is to pre-purchase now (digital) and get the real box on release to sell your code to a friend that hasn't pre-purchased until then.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidAlien View Post
    And Kul'Tiras is just outside of Vashj'ir and between The Broken Isles, how could they not have noticed before? While flying ships to Broken Shore, or taking the boats to Northrend from Stormwind City or over to The Exodar with a boat, not a single person noticed these lands?
    What the hell are you smoking? Kul Tiras was never "hidden" during WoW, literally one of most important character (Jaina) has family there.

    I don't get why these posts repeats every expac. Only continent that was "unknown" to us in lore before it was playable, is Pandaria (and maybe Outlands/Draenor for most people). We knew about other places, just player characters never had reason to go there.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    3,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I didn't say that this is the "Frostmourne-Iceblock". I merely said that it makes no sense that this screenshot is showing imprisoned Ner'zhul wearing the armor that Arthas is wearing when he kills his father/fights Illidan/frees Ner'zhul (which is the same armor he's wearing as the Lich King later on).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcr594QVzkc

    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/The_Li...ozenThrone.JPG

    When ner'zhul was sent to azeroth he was sent IN the full set of armor. It's not just the helm there in the cinematic from WC3. When Arthas got Frostmourne he was still in paladin attire, Ner'zhul's whispers then led him to the armor, after which he killed his father, all that.

  15. #15
    Bloodsail Admiral Nerovar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kiel (Germany)
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcr594QVzkc



    When ner'zhul was sent to azeroth he was sent IN the full set of armor. It's not just the helm there in the cinematic from WC3. When Arthas got Frostmourne he was still in paladin attire, Ner'zhul's whispers then led him to the armor, after which he killed his father, all that.
    That makes no sense since Ner'zhul is still "wearing" his armor (which is different from the one that is shown in this artwork) when Arthas frees him. You can even see it in the video you linked...

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliandra View Post
    No, you won't get anything else other than that (ugly) pre-purchase package with the red bar on it's cover. Since you already get your codes to unlock the boost and the ability to get access to the allied races, there won't be another box on release for you, because you would have two codes then.

    They don't open up full release boxes with game discs in it and rip out the codes.

    So your best bet to get access right away and still get a physical box (like I did) is to pre-purchase now (digital) and get the real box on release to sell your code to a friend that hasn't pre-purchased until then.
    Ok, thanks for the explanation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    3,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    That makes no sense since Ner'zhul is still "wearing" his armor (which is different from the one that is shown in this artwork) when Arthas frees him. You can even see it in the video you linked...
    Ner'zhul can't "wear" anything, he's a spirit trapped in the armor. Arthas merges with him. And artwork changes depending on who does it, that can explain differences.

    Needless to say, there is a full suit of armor in the ice block when Ner'zhul alone is frozen.

  18. #18
    I can't stand all craft for one reason, nothing against the guy but in a dialogue like this, I really don't think hotted is a good choice as a host.

    Seems like anytime I hear him speak, he is off about something random clearly not paying attention, or he is just pretty much parroting what everyone else is saying.

  19. #19
    Bloodsail Admiral Nerovar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kiel (Germany)
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Ner'zhul can't "wear" anything, he's a spirit trapped in the armor. Arthas merges with him. And artwork changes depending on who does it, that can explain differences.

    Needless to say, there is a full suit of armor in the ice block when Ner'zhul alone is frozen.
    Yeah, but on this piece of art it's the same armor Arthas is wearing (which is just his Paladin armor with some spikes and skulls) before he frees Ner'zhul which is a clear and obvious mistake. Just compare shoulders, sabatons etc.

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    3,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Yeah, but on this piece of art it's the same armor Arthas is wearing (which is just his Paladin armor with some spikes and skulls) before he frees Ner'zhul which is a clear and obvious mistake. Just compare shoulders, sabatons etc.
    Ner'zhul made him what he was, when arthas crafted his more skully dk attire maybe ner'zhul made him craft to look like his? At that point ner'zhul was basically directing arthas everywhere.

    Honestly it's so minor it's not even worth all this discussion. The armor in the cinematic is obscured so much you can't see what it looks like fully, the two could be the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •