Thread: Butcher in HL

Butcher in HL

https://imgur.com/z4jbDE7

10-3 So far with him in HL , I've picked him in any part of draft (Count it : 1st Pick / 2nd Pick / 3rd Pick / 4th Pick / 5th Pick) Also 7-3 placements got me placed Gold 1 while I was gold 2 last season ... I found this new "Ranked change" pretty silly if you ask me , winning 3-4 games in a row and still being stuck in the same division ? at least the older one did make some sense and was more rewarding

Back to topic : Sure Butcher is counterable , But not if you are good at him or any other hero (Exceptions would be Illidan ... his entire kit is in his basic attacks while other's have some Mage-Hybrid kit) People make a lot of deal out of counters , It's like as if counters are at your face for 24/7 or something
    Last edited by Reza2001; 2018-03-09 at 02:52 PM.
    2Pac Forever !

10+ Year Old Account
    i play mostly exclusively Blaze, D.Va and Uther, i can't recall a single game where Butcher was considered a threat for me, interesting to hear how you handle these characters
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any time I see someone pick Butcher I just go straight into Li Li and stick to him like white on rice during rotations. Butcher might as well not exist from that point on.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    He is good vs the current thrall and most immobile melees. But he will get fucked by all the overwatch dudes and most recent mobile heroes.

15+ Year Old Account
    He’s about my favorite character in bot/AI matches doing dailies because he powers up so damn fast and clears everything. Beyond that I never see him played competitively.

Quote Originally Posted by B4lmung View Post
    He is good vs the current thrall and most immobile melees. But he will get fucked by all the overwatch dudes and most recent mobile heroes.
    I am sorry , He fucks Genji REALLY hard ... Once Genji starts to swift strike through your team , you E him ... Unless he picks X-blade which is bad compared to Dragonblade

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    He’s about my favorite character in bot/AI matches doing dailies because he powers up so damn fast and clears everything. Beyond that I never see him played competitively.
    He is quite good in lower HL leagues , higher ones don't know since I haven't been there yet ... But I guarantee you that he is a monster in the good hands (even with hard counters)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Any time I see someone pick Butcher I just go straight into Li Li and stick to him like white on rice during rotations. Butcher might as well not exist from that point on.
    My response to a LiLi pick is picking Furnace (I always pick that ult anyways) And I chase till blind wears off ... Panda Meat FTW

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    i play mostly exclusively Blaze, D.Va and Uther, i can't recall a single game where Butcher was considered a threat for me, interesting to hear how you handle these characters
    I've handled much worse than that : Li Li / Artanis (rarely) / Johanna / Cassia (rarely)

Blaze : Tbh he is really annoying against Butcher , He can stun hard and his bunker ult actually wastes your brand

Uther : Same as Blaze , He can stun (also Divine Shield can remove Brand)

D.va : Not even a threat , only her damage reduction can be a problem ... even again I can cancel it with my E (mostly just fall back if there are no kills)
    2Pac Forever !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reza2001 View Post
    I've handled much worse than that : Li Li / Artanis (rarely) / Johanna / Cassia (rarely)

Blaze : Tbh he is really annoying against Butcher , He can stun hard and his bunker ult actually wastes your brand

Uther : Same as Blaze , He can stun (also Divine Shield can remove Brand)

D.va : Not even a threat , only her damage reduction can be a problem ... even again I can cancel it with my E (mostly just fall back if there are no kills)
    I was considering main offenders from Blaze for Butcher 30% damage reduction and constant AS slow in mid/late. Never really thought about his stun being a problem for Butcher. And yes, Bunker should be pain in the ass to deal with.

Uthers sheer ST healing output + armour, or a Hammer, Hammer, DS, Hammer combo into Butcher when enemy team doesn't have access to unstoppable

And as D.Va def matrix forces a retreat for butcher (because in most engagements Butcher doesn't have stun after engagement and i try to play it smart and stay safe from stuns) and Bunny hop makes it impossible to retreat. And dropping mek into a fight forcing butcher to abandon his target
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reza2001 View Post
    10-3 So far with him in HL , I've picked him in any part of draft
    How toxic have your mates been during draft when you pick him?

Personally I think Butcher is too easy to counter (even if you are good with him) but in HL people really counter pick only in higher tiers (like master for example)...
    It is very rare that gold / platin players do the right picks in draft, they often stay to the pick that first came to their mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Tortix View Post
    How toxic have your mates been during draft when you pick him?
    Only 2 times ... and that was from a guy who trolled both games and lost me 2 games
    2Pac Forever !

Deleted
    Butcher can be quite strong... sadly there are too many people that just charge the first enemy to pop up on the edge of their screen and die 10 times before lvl20.