1. #20501
    I'm actually kind of mad at the anti High Elf people for wasting their time trying to get blue eyes they didn't really want instead of campaigning for San'layn options. We could be getting red eyes for Blood Elves at this very moment, but no because spite.

  2. #20502
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    And yet you are missing all the political nuance and the reason why we have thalassians on both Horde and Alliance; the whole reason there is a need of Auric as a high elf representative in Sunwell Plateau is because thalassians are not unified politically, the whole reason for an ambassador is to allow those who don't want to join the Blood Elves to still have access to the Sunwell.

    You might have not recognized the implications, but I think you have been made aware of them thoroughly by now.

    The fact that Auric was presented as not rejoining the Blood Elves and instead acting as a liaison to allow pilgrimage to non-Horde elves certainly indicates he puts equal access to the Sunwell above other political considerations. And again, is not like he couldn't change his mind, but it would certainly bee seen as a betrayal of is initial intent.

    Which again brings me back to "Why Auric?" when it could be a newly introduced character.

    And really, is not because "Auric is Alliance we can't give him to the Horde" but that his character is evidently more neutral leaning when his motivation is allowing all high elves to have access to the Sunwell. His motivations are outside the Horde/Alliance binary, so again, to make him Horde all of the sudden, while not impossible, it's certainly a big twist from his previous characterization.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Honestly it could be Auric, but it would have to be in service of an end to the elven pilgrimage to the Sunwell, cause the moment he is found out, it is just over.

    Given how yet another group of thalassians has left Quel'thalas -void elves- it could very well lead to the Blood Elves being far more restrictive, and I would see them as far more careful to not alienate more of their people, which could lead to the very idea of pilgrimage to be considered too subversive to continue. For good or ill, the BElves withholding access to the Sunwell for both safety concerns and political reasoning is entirely plausible, specially when they are ostensibly allowing visitation to suversive high elf elements.

    The whole political situation of the Sunwell should be very complex now, so it might be a good way to put an end to it one way or another, which would further deteriorate relationship between horde and alliance thalassians.

    And tbh, Auric could fill whatever role -he could certainly flip to the Horde, it's believable if he is threatened with loosing access to the Sunwell- and while I do see him as ostensibly neutral, it seems to be by necessity, because he is indeed introduced as an Alliance character, and Auric's Angels are quite likely named after him; he is quite literally the most known Auric in WoW, -it really wouldn't make sense for a group to reference another Auric- so his alliance sympathies are well known and present.

    - - - Updated - - -



    IMO the best option for that type of narrative -High Elven pilgrims that have decided to rejoin the Blood Elves- would be to simply introduce a new character that is a pilgrim that decided to rejoin the horde and seeks to convince more elves. I don't think anyone would be against a new character in that role.

    Yet in any case, Thalo'thas Brightsun is already a very pro-horde and anti-alliance High Elf. If we need an already established HE character to act as a subversive of the pilgrims, it could be perfectly be him.
    why auric? Because of all the high elves characters in the game, I think he is the one who can fulfill the role of representative of the high elves of the horde, he is already the high elf representative and also someone who is already working with the horde, I think that Other high elves characters who could occupy a role to be representatives have a strong connection with the alliance and none with quelthalas, that's why I prefer to have a auric than having Jalinde Summerdrake or ranger lord hawkspear, I think they should not occupy that role.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I'm actually kind of mad at the anti High Elf people for wasting their time trying to get blue eyes they didn't really want instead of campaigning for San'layn options. We could be getting red eyes for Blood Elves at this very moment, but no because spite.
    I as someone who loves quelthalas and the blood elves lore would never ask for undead cannibals who enjoy killing and eating people as members of quelthalas society.the undead are not our theme

  3. #20503
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I'm actually kind of mad at the anti High Elf people for wasting their time trying to get blue eyes they didn't really want instead of campaigning for San'layn options. We could be getting red eyes for Blood Elves at this very moment, but no because spite.
    I'm not sure that's entirely fair. I don't believe every request for blue eyes on Blood Elves was made out of spite. Some, quite likely, but certainly not all.

  4. #20504
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    but that also makes sense! the high elves of the alliance are joining the void elves! and void elves are a danger to sunwell so they would not be allowed to return to quelthlas!

    It would also be a reason to join the horde! Auric loves the Sunwell and Alleria almost destroyed the Sunwell. That is something that you may fear will happen again and therefore joins the horde to protect the Sunwell from an attack by void elves! but this is just a guess but I think it would make sense
    Well, void elves never expressed any wish to destroy or sabotage Sunwell in any way. If they would want to do such thing, they had their chance during Fourth War, when the attack on enemy facility is justified, but not now during time of armistice.

    Don't forget, that Sunwell incident was indeed an accident. It was not Alleria's intent to do so, and don't forget that it was also Alleria who fixed the mess... all other elves present here just covered her back while she managed to close the rift. It shows us that blood elves does not have any knowledge how to protect Sunwell if some similar accident happens again, since they are exiling all of their people who study void, which makes exile of void elves even more illogical. Lor'themar could just easily ban them to enter Quel'danas, since it's obvious that only direct interaction with Sunwell is causing such backlashes and let them remain in the Horde. He just opened them path to join the Alliance. If there are people among your nation who bears some degree of danger to a facility that crucial to your race, you want to have control over them. You don't want to push them into the faction you are in war.

    We also don't know how regular void elves interact with Sunwell. Alleria is definitely different kind of void elf, her powers differ to others. We can't 100% say that regular void elves would cause the same effect on Sunwell, given different degree of their powers. Since Alleria is transformed to void elf by way powerful source, it's safe to speculate that regular void elves would not cause that dramatic effects on Sunwell either. Possibilities are:
    - They would occur the exact same even (which I find unlikely)
    - They would occur weaker version of the even (which I find most likely)
    - They would not occur no event at all (also, not that likely, but still a possibility)
    - they would occur entirely different even

    Last but not least, don't forget that Auric chose to be High Elf representative during WotLK timeline. That means before two brutal faction wars when Horde comminted much more questionable efforts than the Alliance, and in during that time, Horde was also eager to attack high elves on various place of Azeroth, killing them mercilessly. That includes blood elves. That alone could change his attitude towards high elves joining Silvermoon again for good... Just look at Jaina. She used also used to be Alliance character with strong Horde sympaties, which were completely abandoned after Horde destroyed her city, killed her subordinates and later abused neutral organisation she was in charge of.

    I also think that Alleria coming back is also a thing which will be meaningful for him, since Alleria was his commander before and he took care of Allerian Stronghold on her command.

    As others said, there eventually could be story about him joining Silvermoon, but Blizzard usually goes the way of least effort. That means creating brand new character with no background and personality, only to eternaly stand in Silvermoon as Horde high elf, instead of creating story and reasons why a character with already strong Alliance connection all of sudden chose to be Horde exclusively. That's a reason why there is no named void elf who was known before they were made and who had any role in blood elf society... they are all brand new characters (Alleria excluded, but she is special case).

  5. #20505
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    why auric? Because of all the high elves characters in the game, I think he is the one who can fulfill the role of representative of the high elves of the horde, he is already the high elf representative and also someone who is already working with the horde
    This is your imagination. Auric has never worked with the Horde. The Horde has nothing to do with this. He's only neutral toward the blood elves.

    And for the record, when we returned to the throne room AND to the Sunwell with Alleria Auric was nowhere to be found. So it's likely he left at some point.
    Last edited by elbleuet; 2020-07-12 at 08:26 AM.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  6. #20506
    Auric: Allerian Expedition.

    Alleria: Alliance.

    Thus Auric and Allerian Expedition: Alliance.

    It's not that complicated people.
    Some will tell you that the Light is the only path. The only weapon that can stop the enemies of Azeroth. But we see alternatives. Many roads, many possibilities, that are open to us. There will be those who doubt you. Who question your resolve, your ability to harness powers that have caused the downfall of weaker wills. Together, we will prove them wrong.

  7. #20507
    Pit Lord Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,445
    I mean, High Elves like Auric could remain Alliance or neutral and not Horde while at the same time being allowed to bask in the Sunwell on the condition that they will not make aggressions or any trouble to the Blood Elves
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged custom models that intends to fill the gaps in the Reforged campaign

  8. #20508
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'm not sure that's entirely fair. I don't believe every request for blue eyes on Blood Elves was made out of spite. Some, quite likely, but certainly not all.
    The way there was little to no celebration about blue eyes in the forums shows me the request wasn't exactly wanted. Yerah, we can't talk about everyone, but we can get the overall mood of the forums. After the initial datamining of blue yes (before Ion saying they wouldn't be available), we saw people celebrating, yes, but mostly to rub on the face of high elf requests.

    It's very ironic something that was asked for repeatedly was granted and yet failed to be well received.
    Whatever...

  9. #20509
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    The way there was little to no celebration about blue eyes in the forums shows me the request wasn't exactly wanted. Yerah, we can't talk about everyone, but we can get the overall mood of the forums. After the initial datamining of blue yes (before Ion saying they wouldn't be available), we saw people celebrating, yes, but mostly to rub on the face of high elf requests.

    It's very ironic something that was asked for repeatedly was granted and yet failed to be well received.
    Yeah now you say this ...

    I think that High elves still being in the Alliance in the first place was the real issue for some Horde fans. So they decided to ask for blue eyes just to piss off some of the high elf fans.

    But when they got blue-eyed blood elves, I saw 0 celebration whereas the high elf fans were super happy.

    Now I see no more "Blood elves are High elves" and "High elves are extinct" and "High elves are irrelevant" for my greatest pleasure.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  10. #20510
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    This is your imagination. Auric has never worked with the Horde. The Horde has nothing to do with this. He's only neutral toward the blood elves.

    And for the record, when we returned to the throne room AND to the Sunwell with Alleria Auric was nowhere to be found. So it's likely he left at some point.
    when you do quel'delar the sunwell is full of people many high elves and many blood elves, but none of them is seen in bfa, I think lorthemar wanted to do a private meeting.

  11. #20511
    Auric clearly references Auric, Beauty & Wellness Beverages.



    For Mind, Body, Skin, Hair and Weight. All the good things about elves.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-12 at 01:29 PM.

  12. #20512
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Well, void elves never expressed any wish to destroy or sabotage Sunwell in any way. If they would want to do such thing, they had their chance during Fourth War, when the attack on enemy facility is justified, but not now during time of armistice.

    Don't forget, that Sunwell incident was indeed an accident. It was not Alleria's intent to do so, and don't forget that it was also Alleria who fixed the mess... all other elves present here just covered her back while she managed to close the rift. It shows us that blood elves does not have any knowledge how to protect Sunwell if some similar accident happens again, since they are exiling all of their people who study void, which makes exile of void elves even more illogical. Lor'themar could just easily ban them to enter Quel'danas, since it's obvious that only direct interaction with Sunwell is causing such backlashes and let them remain in the Horde. He just opened them path to join the Alliance. If there are people among your nation who bears some degree of danger to a facility that crucial to your race, you want to have control over them. You don't want to push them into the faction you are in war.

    We also don't know how regular void elves interact with Sunwell. Alleria is definitely different kind of void elf, her powers differ to others. We can't 100% say that regular void elves would cause the same effect on Sunwell, given different degree of their powers. Since Alleria is transformed to void elf by way powerful source, it's safe to speculate that regular void elves would not cause that dramatic effects on Sunwell either. Possibilities are:
    - They would occur the exact same even (which I find unlikely)
    - They would occur weaker version of the even (which I find most likely)
    - They would not occur no event at all (also, not that likely, but still a possibility)
    - they would occur entirely different even

    Last but not least, don't forget that Auric chose to be High Elf representative during WotLK timeline. That means before two brutal faction wars when Horde comminted much more questionable efforts than the Alliance, and in during that time, Horde was also eager to attack high elves on various place of Azeroth, killing them mercilessly. That includes blood elves. That alone could change his attitude towards high elves joining Silvermoon again for good... Just look at Jaina. She used also used to be Alliance character with strong Horde sympaties, which were completely abandoned after Horde destroyed her city, killed her subordinates and later abused neutral organisation she was in charge of.

    I also think that Alleria coming back is also a thing which will be meaningful for him, since Alleria was his commander before and he took care of Allerian Stronghold on her command.

    As others said, there eventually could be story about him joining Silvermoon, but Blizzard usually goes the way of least effort. That means creating brand new character with no background and personality, only to eternaly stand in Silvermoon as Horde high elf, instead of creating story and reasons why a character with already strong Alliance connection all of sudden chose to be Horde exclusively. That's a reason why there is no named void elf who was known before they were made and who had any role in blood elf society... they are all brand new characters (Alleria excluded, but she is special case).
    actually people blame alleria because she was corrupted by the void and recklessly touched the sunwell which caused the whole problem. Using void magic is prohibited in Quelthalas for indicidents like this do not happen again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    The way there was little to no celebration about blue eyes in the forums shows me the request wasn't exactly wanted. Yerah, we can't talk about everyone, but we can get the overall mood of the forums. After the initial datamining of blue yes (before Ion saying they wouldn't be available), we saw people celebrating, yes, but mostly to rub on the face of high elf requests.

    It's very ironic something that was asked for repeatedly was granted and yet failed to be well received.
    I always defended blue eyes on blood elves more when blizz added characters like lanesh in the game, and I agreed that they would give the alliance high elves but that they would give us things to the horde also as humans from Alterac for example

  13. #20513
    Pit Lord Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,445
    apparently the Hordies on the official forums have shifted to plan C after failing to prevent off High Elves and Highborne in the Alliance - get Auric as their own

    on one hand I do kinda agree that the Blood Elves need someone to represent the High Elves rejoining their Blood Elven kin and Auric would be the best representative, because that guy in the Isle of Thunder was ruled out as a mere inconsistency and even if he's not, he's not really an important character so Auric is the best person to represent the Horde High Elves

    one the other hand, I also agree that "any self-proclaimed High Elf prancing around Silvermoon deserves to be punched in the face for not taking on the Blood Elf name to honor those who have fallen in the zombie apocalypse" and lorewise there would be secret lynching of blue eyed High Elves in Murder Row
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged custom models that intends to fill the gaps in the Reforged campaign

  14. #20514
    Mechagnome Thalassian Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Quel'Thalas/Albion
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Auric clearly references Auric, Beauty & Wellness Beverages.

    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/QC6mpJi.jpg[/IG]

    For Mind, Body, Skin, Hair and Weight. All the good things about elves.
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/caLRSgi.jpg[/IG]
    Cute smirk!


    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    apparently the Hordies on the official forums have shifted to plan C after failing to prevent off High Elves and Highborne in the Alliance - get Auric as their own

    on one hand I do kinda agree that the Blood Elves need someone to represent the High Elves rejoining their Blood Elven kin and Auric would be the best representative, because that guy in the Isle of Thunder was ruled out as a mere inconsistency and even if he's not, he's not really an important character so Auric is the best person to represent the Horde High Elves

    one the other hand, I also agree that "any self-proclaimed High Elf prancing around Silvermoon deserves to be punched in the face for not taking on the Blood Elf name to honor those who have fallen in the zombie apocalypse" and lorewise there would be secret lynching of blue eyed High Elves in Murder Row
    I think the Sin'dorei are a lot more tolerant of their prodigal kin then you give them credit for.

    I think it's wholly believable that Auric might decide to stay in Quel'Thalas after completing his diplomatic duties. I doubt he'd jump feet first into Horde enlistment but I could see him and more than a few of the elves he lead returning home and perhaps adopting the blood elven name.

    If not him, a Theloria Shadecloak who has been caught up to speed on the Thalassian schism Post-Third War, might be a good fit. She seemed terribly homesick and the only reason she lamented not being able to return was because she assumed everyone back home in Silvermoon was behaving like Kael'thas' loyalists.

    Some of her comrades, such as Ros'eleth, have already shown a willingness to work alongside Sin'dorei Farstriders for the greater good.

  15. #20515
    Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In your belly
    Posts
    2,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    He says that the children of silvermoon must be united. he have the title of high elf representative would be a good example of how the high elves joined the horde as we saw them in WOTLK
    Alleria and Umbric say so as well. Doesn't mean they're not Alliance.

  16. #20516
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Alleria and Umbric say so as well. Doesn't mean they're not Alliance.
    they do not have the high elf representative title and were expelled from quelthalas

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    apparently the Hordies on the official forums have shifted to plan C after failing to prevent off High Elves and Highborne in the Alliance - get Auric as their own

    on one hand I do kinda agree that the Blood Elves need someone to represent the High Elves rejoining their Blood Elven kin and Auric would be the best representative, because that guy in the Isle of Thunder was ruled out as a mere inconsistency and even if he's not, he's not really an important character so Auric is the best person to represent the Horde High Elves

    one the other hand, I also agree that "any self-proclaimed High Elf prancing around Silvermoon deserves to be punched in the face for not taking on the Blood Elf name to honor those who have fallen in the zombie apocalypse" and lorewise there would be secret lynching of blue eyed High Elves in Murder Row
    I have been saying for years that auric could fill the position of blue eyed blood elves representative when we thought we might have blue eyes.

    About high elves in quelthalas is no longer something that we can discuss it was blizz who says that they are the high elves that we saw in the game as npcs and that they were not playable. so if they are high elves and I think that since they are high elves that are returning to quelthalas they should have a figure that represents them and auric fulfills that role!

    I said that it is good that the alliance has high elves and that the horde gave us something in return as humans from Alterac

  17. #20517
    Things to look for this week:

    - Blood elf female arm jewelry properly implemented
    - Orc fixes
    - Mag'har, Nightborne and Zandalari eye colors
    - Fixes to Void Elf facial bones, jewelry and underwear with the new skins

    Everything else is a big mystery. I hope the 2nd pass on customization brings some good news! We are in uncharted territory now!
    Whatever...

  18. #20518
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    Cute smirk!




    I think the Sin'dorei are a lot more tolerant of their prodigal kin then you give them credit for.

    I think it's wholly believable that Auric might decide to stay in Quel'Thalas after completing his diplomatic duties. I doubt he'd jump feet first into Horde enlistment but I could see him and more than a few of the elves he lead returning home and perhaps adopting the blood elven name.

    If not him, a Theloria Shadecloak who has been caught up to speed on the Thalassian schism Post-Third War, might be a good fit. She seemed terribly homesick and the only reason she lamented not being able to return was because she assumed everyone back home in Silvermoon was behaving like Kael'thas' loyalists.

    Some of her comrades, such as Ros'eleth, have already shown a willingness to work alongside Sin'dorei Farstriders for the greater good.
    It would be great if they added those NPCs in quelthalas! Theloria wanted to go home and I hope she does!

  19. #20519
    Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In your belly
    Posts
    2,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    they do not have the high elf representative title and were expelled from quelthalas

    - - - Updated - - -



    I have been saying for years that auric could fill the position of blue eyed blood elves representative when we thought we might have blue eyes.

    About high elves in quelthalas is no longer something that we can discuss it was blizz who says that they are the high elves that we saw in the game as npcs and that they were not playable. so if they are high elves and I think that since they are high elves that are returning to quelthalas they should have a figure that represents them and auric fulfills that role!

    I said that it is good that the alliance has high elves and that the horde gave us something in return as humans from Alterac
    He was a High Elf Representative in one questline back in Wrath and was also the npc in Allerian Stronghold. There is also an Alliance expedition team called Auric's Angels consisting of a high elf, a human and a Night Elf. He is an Alliance character. Is it really that hard?

  20. #20520
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    He was a High Elf Representative in one questline back in Wrath and was also the npc in Allerian Stronghold. There is also an Alliance expedition team called Auric's Angels consisting of a high elf, a human and a Night Elf. He is an Alliance character. Is it really that hard?
    he loves his nation quelthalas and sunwell

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •