10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Worgen
    Pandas
    Draenei
    Nightborne

Don’t really fit their factions either. Pandas and Draenei make better sense as their own factions needing to be expanded. Worgen really fit with the primitive side of the night elves and nightborne with the magical advanced side of the night elves.
    Thing is we are not talking about pure Worgen here. The playable 'Worgen' are actually cursed Gilneans. A faction that is one of the original Alliance members. It will always fit the theme of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    It'd be a great way to set them apart more in their own ways too. It makes little sense for them to get their 'fair skin' and no 'fair hair'.
    It would be completely arbitrary to give VE's normal skin but no normal-ish hair. Like there's no consistency on that lol.

Probably won't see any of that during SL, but whenever AR get revamped it should be addressed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Even just a tentacle toggle would open up some longer options.
    I definitely think this one is on the cards for wherever VE's get updated, since we have seen many races get beard/jewelry/other options separated, and we have the "Vine" option on Night Elves that toggles them at will. The technology and design sensibility are already there, so I think it's plausible it happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Man with all these changes I'm thinking of going full genderbend on my Mage and choosing Night Fae for a full on winter queen look. What do you guys think?

The more orangey skin tones look amazing with bluish armor!

Good thing is that if you choose a gender neutral name or don't care about that, you can swap your whole character at the barbershop now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    the Alliance neglected and failed to rehabilitate Alterac for 30 years. The fact that when Arthas and Kel'thuzad visited it, it was infested with Blackrock Orcs; I prefer if the disenfranchised humans have chosen to cast their lot with the Horde. Alteraci Humans for the Horde. (see the link in my signature)
    I'm very into this one. Even the whole Calia thing could serve like a catalyst for it if we frame it as the disenfranchised Alteraci being resentful of the Alliance, and Calia's presence within the Forsaken and her new politics swaying them to ally, even if what seals the deal is their shared animosity towards the alliance.

Cause that would be the thing, Calia being "oh yes we are all coming together yaaay" but at the end it just serves to create a bigger anti-alliance coalition.

Question: Now the high elf option is possible. Should the high elves be totally folded into the void elves?

Should they exist as a race or faction within the void elves

Or Should the high elves and void elves exist as two separate factions but working closely together, with the playable option accessible through the void elves?

Which would you prefer ? And why?
    Last edited by Beloren; 2020-09-03 at 09:59 PM.

Fair-skin tones really wont change anything lorewise because they should have been there since the start. Which means that void elves and Silver Covenant remain separated. However, they are close allies, and obviously Vereesa has deep respect for her older sister (she was also following her orders in 8.2.5).

Any high elf who wishes to pledge themselves to the void elves is obviously free and welcome to do so, as proven by the many high elf scholars in Telogrus Rift. However, the Silver Covenant remains its own organization of high elves, if that is what you are asking.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-09-03 at 10:03 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Fair-skin tones really wont change anything lorewise because they should have been there since the start. Which means that void elves and Silver Covenant remain separated. However, they are close allies, and obviously Vereesa has deep respect for her older sister (she was also following her orders in 8.2.5).

Any high elf who wishes to pledge themselves to the void elves is obviously free to do so, as proven by the many high elf scholars in Telogrus Rift. However, the Silver Covenant remains its own organization of high elves, if that is what you are asking.
    No, I know the status quo, what I am asking is how would you like them to proceed now. The new options can imply several things, I listed 3 and was interested in which ones you guys wanted the most.

It’s clear the void elf light skin option is not just for Alleria type void elves, but actually makes it possible to role play as a high elf or blood elf that has defected to void enough for eye colour to change at least.

The lack of green eye options means the void elf options can either be pure highbelves , high/blood elves now training/studying as void elves or racial void elves. Without green eyes you can’t be a blood elf on the alliance even though some blood elves can have blue eyes and you can fake it that way.

You also don’t have access to golden eyes representing the blood Knight strain, and no lore exists to confirm high elf Priests and Paladins can gain golden eyes even if the Sunwell is back up. This can only mean the green and gold glows are exclusively blood elf just as the silver and purple glow are exclusively void elf
    Last edited by Beloren; 2020-09-03 at 10:08 PM.

No, I know the status quo, how would you like them to proceed.

It’s clear the void elf light skin option is not just for Alleria type void elves, but actually makes it possible to role play as a high elf or blood elf that has defected to void enough for eye colour to change at least.

The lack of green eye options means the void elf options can either be pure highbelves , high/blood elves now training/studying as void elves or racial void elves. Without green eyes you can’t be a blood elf on the alliance even though some blood elves can have blue eyes and you can fake it that way.

You also don’t have access to golden eyes representing the blood Knight strain, and no lore exists to confirm high elf Priests and Paladins can gain golden eyes even if the Sunwell is back up. This can only mean the green and gold glows are exclusively blood elf just as the silver and purple glow are exclusively void elf
    Which is why I have suggested several times that void elves should also get green eye color, since there are many blood elf scholars in Telogrus Rift. But since Blizzard is taking God only knows how long to update allied races, we will have to wait.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-09-03 at 10:12 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Which is why I have suggested several times that void elves should also get green eye color, since there are many blood elf scholars in Telogrus Rift. But since Blizzard is taking God only knows how long to update allied races, we will have to wait.
    Yeh. I don’t think they should get green eyes. Let’s just believe all the blood elves that came over turned into racial void elves and the only normal Thalassians are the high elves that came after.

Presumably no more blood elves have come after the opening events. The ones you see in the Telogrus rift are the last of the blood elves that switched sides hence why you can’t play them.

I don’t mind the sound of that. Racial void elves are former blood elves and the rest are high elves.

Alliance are either void elves or high elves. Horde are either blood elves or high elves. High elves is common to both, but void is exclusive to alliance and blood to horde.

3+ Year Old Account
    an illidari warlock is noty our demon loving kind of warlock, but your demon abusing kind. At least that's how I view it. I don't view an Illidari night elf like I do a normal Darnassian, nor do I view a Highborne or Moonguard like I do a normal Darnassian, same with the DK, they're just part of a different culture/group whether Illidari, Ebon Blade, Highborne, Moon Guard - it's just a different faction of night elves.

Which is essentially what this is for every race right?
    fair enough, I suppose

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    You are confusing the character customization and customization only available for certain classes like DK / DH.
    If I think like you, dark ranger should be a class with its unique customization, available to blood elves and / or night elves ?
    It will be difficult to make a class "for the second time" only available for NE / BE.
    dios mio not another Elf exclusive class
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Question: Now the high elf option is possible. Should the high elves be totally folded into the void elves?

Should they exist as a race or faction within the void elves

Or Should the high elves and void elves exist as two separate factions but working closely together, with the playable option accessible through the void elves?

Which would you prefer ? And why?
    It depends on what you mean by "totally folded into the void elves". If you mean "all alliance high elves now study the void and have void powers" then no I would not advocate for that. If you mean "they don't all study the void but since they have rallied under Alleria's banner they consider themselves members of the Ren'dorei now" then I'm not sure. Without some sort of catalyst to bring them all together, I'm not sure that all or even most Alliance Allied High Elves would forsake the name Quel'dorei.

As much as I wanted a playable Alliance High Elf with no strings attached, it seems Blizzard has pushed focus away from Allied Races and more towards racial customization and already intends for us to make our Alliance High Elves through Void Elves. In this case I think the best case scenario is that the lore begins to reflect a close association betwixt The Ren'dorei and the Silver Covenant (the only real Quel'dorei military faction that I'm aware of). This would help flesh out Void Elf lore further and lend support to the idea that some High Elves now study the void under Alleria (in additional to the High Elf Wayfarer and Silvermoon Scholar npc's we see in Telogrus).

The really important thing to me is that we see some lore elements in game that actually point this out. I'd like to see those High Elf wayfarers having dialogue that says why they are joining the Void Elves. I'd also like to see a more in depth explanation as to how they are acquiring their powers, even if its just a short blurb that says Alleria and Locus Walker are holding Void 101 classes Tuesdays and Fridays from 3pm-5pm :P
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-09-04 at 12:23 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    it just serves to create a bigger anti-alliance coalition.
    well yes, the Alteraci I want is a rogue human kingdom that hates the Alliance so much, probably higher degree to the Blood Elves whose pleas for help against the Scourge was ignored by the Alliance for 5 years and only received that (asspull) Night Elf sabotage

and yeah, now that the Alliance got their fantasy elves - I really feel that I also deserve to have the rugged bandit kingdom in the Horde; after all bandit models in Reforged scream Horde as well
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account
    even if its just a short blurb that says Alleria and Locus Walker are holding Void 101 classes Tuesdays and Fridays from 3pm-5pm :P
    With a quiz every Tuesday!

It depends on what you mean by "totally folded into the void elves". If you mean "all alliance high elves now study the void and have void powers" then no I would not advocate for that. If you mean "they don't all study the void but since they have rallied under Alleria's banner they consider themselves members of the Ren'dorei now" then I'm not sure. Without some sort of catalyst to bring them all together, I'm not sure that all or even most Alliance Allied High Elves would forsake the name Quel'dorei.

As much as I wanted a playable Alliance High Elf with no strings attached, it seems Blizzard has pushed focus away from Allied Races and more towards racial customization and already intends for us to make our Alliance High Elves through Void Elves. In this case I think the best case scenario is that the lore begins to reflect a close association betwixt The Ren'dorei and the Silver Covenant (the only real Quel'dorei military faction that I'm aware of). This would help flesh out Void Elf lore further and lend support to the idea that some High Elves now study the void under Alleria (in additional to the High Elf Wayfarer and Silvermoon Scholar npc's we see in Telogrus).

The really important thing to me is that we see some lore elements in game that actually point this out. I'd like to see those High Elf wayfarers having dialogue that says why they are joining the Void Elves. I'd also like to see a more in depth explanation as to how they are acquiring their powers, even if its just a short blurb that says Alleria and Locus Walker are holding Void 101 classes Tuesdays and Fridays from 3pm-5pm :P
    Yeh, they need that.

Imo, what they need is several high elf options

1. high elves who are actually studying the void, interested, but like Alleria and all others who ewerne't involved in teh original incident with Umbric, maintain their high elven appearance

2. High elves who have rallied to Alleria's cause/banner as high elves partnering with the ren'dorei as high elves, not void elves - they don't study the void, but they work well with those who do. These ones can involve Paladins and others,

3. Lightforged high elves - also involved with Alleria, but partnering under Turalyon as lightforged high elves, basically golden eyes.

Yeh, they need that.

Imo, what they need is several high elf options

1. high elves who are actually studying the void, interested, but like Alleria and all others who ewerne't involved in teh original incident with Umbric, maintain their high elven appearance

2. High elves who have rallied to Alleria's cause/banner as high elves partnering with the ren'dorei as high elves, not void elves - they don't study the void, but they work well with those who do. These ones can involve Paladins and others,

3. Lightforged high elves - also involved with Alleria, but partnering under Turalyon as lightforged high elves, basically golden eyes.
    I think the Blood Elves have laid claim to the "light" themed Thalassians, so I doubt Blizz would consider a Lightforged High Elf option for the Alliance. Not that I'd object to it mind you, I'm personally of the opinion that more options are better no matter what. But I try to be realistic as well.

At best I think we could see the Ren'dorei and Quel'dorei from the Silver Covenant working together. Even if only a single "Silver Covenant Liason" NPC is added to Telogrus to imply the connection, that would be something. Having transformed void elf npcs and non-transformed new recruit npcs having some banter discussing what happened to Umbric's group would be awesome but probably too much to hope for from Blizzard to devout to a single allied race (even if its the only allied race that desperately needs background development).

Unless Blizzard decides to go the route they went with alternate types of Druids (Zandalari Loa Druids, Kul Tiran Drust Druids), I don't think we'll see Void Elf Paladins (which is disappointing if only because I think a Paladin with all void-colored spell effects would look amazing!). I'd also expect that non-void-studying Alliance High Elves will remain the in the realm of NPC's, and I am ok with that. I'd just like some in game acknowledgement and lore to flesh out the Void Elf background and how Alliance High Elves fit into that background now.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-09-04 at 03:57 PM.

Unless Blizzard decides to go the route they went with alternate types of Druids (Zandalari Loa Druids, Kul Tiran Drust Druids), I don't think we'll see Void Elf Paladins (which is disappointing if only because I think a Paladin with all void-colored spell effects would look amazing!). I'd also expect that non-void-studying Alliance High Elves will remain the in the realm of NPC's, and I am ok with that. I'd just like some in game acknowledgement and lore to flesh out the Void Elf background and how Alliance High Elves fit into that background now.
    Really, the should. Especially for paladins.

Void Paladins
    Night warrior Paladins
    Blood paladins

They can also do things like:
    Light damage spec skin for shadow for Lightforged blood elves and Draenei
    Void healing spec for void elves, forsaken and Mag'har
    Star damage speck skin for shadow for Moon Priestesses - night elf and nightborne

Things like that would be great.

Really, the should. Especially for paladins.

Void Paladins
    Night warrior Paladins
    Blood paladins

They can also do things like:
    Light damage spec skin for shadow for Lightforged blood elves and Draenei
    Void healing spec for void elves, forsaken and Mag'har
    Star damage speck skin for shadow for Moon Priestesses - night elf and nightborne

Things like that would be great.
    More options are always welcome in my book! ^_^

I'd be totally down with void themed paladins and expanding the paladin class to fit more racial themes. I don't think paladins are all that integral to high elves though so I'm not sour about losing those, I really like it being the blood elves thing seeing as they were personally reborn in the light and have that whole redemptive story going for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ript4 View Post
    I'd be totally down with void themed paladins and expanding the paladin class to fit more racial themes. I don't think paladins are all that integral to high elves though so I'm not sour about losing those, I really like it being the blood elves thing seeing as they were personally reborn in the light and have that whole redemptive story going for them.
    I agree on that too, but mainly because the Blood elf is the wider race, it's the main branch of the Thalassians, we should expect more on there, while the void elves is like the void version, sure you can have high elf paladins, but they'd on't need to be a unique identity think, they could be basically human paladins who are just high elves, they don't need glowy golden eyes, just normal eyes. that could be another distinguishing factor.

Void elves have an element all thier own, but they are smaller part of the larger Thalassian narrative which is primarily blood elven. Not to say the high/void elf role can't grow, afterall if you view it as the same race on two factions, then more exposure on either side is more lore on the same race.

Rather than it being about more, maybe it should be about focus. Blood elves have an arcane focus with a more fel, undead, and light branching focus in a new way, Void elves have the arcane focus but with void, shadow weaving in. Almost like an inverse

3+ Year Old Account
    the only "light forged" Elves the Alliance deserves are the Eluneforged Priestesses of the Moon

@MyWholeLifeIsThunder Oh hey Tal! Remember before you said you couldn't try the new human male and female hairstyles on the void elf model due to not being in beta? Well they are on the PTR now! So is it possible to work your magic in that regard at this time? And with Kul Tiran hair textures for good measure?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    the only "light forged" Elves the Alliance deserves are the Eluneforged Priestesses of the Moon
    Technically those are the Night Warriors.