Quote Originally Posted by Tinniel View Post
    Why the hell they should have green Fel eyes? And why they should got blue Arcane eyes from High Elves? What a hell you just speaking? Check about energies and their "communicating" with each other. Void hellElves couldn't have arcane-blue eyes and green Fel-eyes even more so.
    Did you not visit Telogrus Rift in-game? There are several Sin'dorei scholars there. With the new customization options you can roleplay as one of the High elf scholars, so you should also be allowed to have green eyes so that you can play as a Sin'dorei scholar.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-20 at 11:23 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Did you not visit Telogrus Rift in-game? There are several Silvermoon scholars there. With the new customization options you can roleplay as one of the High elf scholars, so you should also be allowed to have green eyes so that you can play as a Silvermoon scholar.
    the only eye colors that should not have are gold

3+ Year Old Account
    Under the sky near High Elf's Ranger brotherhood
    Did you not visit Telogrus Rift in-game? There are several Silvermoon scholars there. With the new customization options you can roleplay as one of the High elf scholars, so you should also be allowed to have green eyes so that you can play as a Silvermoon scholar.
    Sholars still be high or blood elves, because they aren't turning into void ugly creature like other Velves. ALL Velves got much deep blue eye color, and not light blue eye color like Quel'dorei. And I tired to ask that NOBODY wanna know and nobody will count your own RP-ideas and character, cause on official servers all play just for epic, grind and other visual cool things. Also, I can roleplay as a chad High Elf patriot and I can execute your character-sholar for ideals and traditions betraying. Don't you give a damn about this? Yep. Me too. Blizzard don't give a heck about roleplayers and your own dreams about "sholar-character". And main community wouldn't play any sholar, cultists, void engeniers roles cause they don't know about it or don't inetersting in this. So your arguments to "RP" are invalid.

Sholars still be high or blood elves, because they aren't turning into void ugly creature like other Velves. ALL Velves got much deep blue eye color, and not light blue eye color like Quel'dorei. And I tired to ask that NOBODY wanna know and nobody will count your own RP-ideas and character, cause on official servers all play just for epic, grind and other visual cool things. Also, I can roleplay as a chad High Elf patriot and I can execute your character-sholar for ideals and traditions betraying. Don't you give a damn about this? Yep. Me too. Blizzard don't give a heck about roleplayers and your own dreams about "sholar-character". And main community wouldn't play any sholar, cultists, void engeniers roles cause they don't know about it or don't inetersting in this. So your arguments to "RP" are invalid.
    Blizzard doesn't give a shit about you either, yet that doesn't stop you from moaning on the forums about Void elves.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

3+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't give a shit about you either, yet that doesn't stop you from moaning on the forums about Void elves.
    And I WILL, because I can. As I didn't give a damn about your foolish arguments for light skin-Void-elves, your traitor. Because of people like you, this whole situation with the high elves came to this idiocy and sad results, when we are given trash in a beautiful wrapper. Only people like you are happy and ask for more.

And I WILL, because I can. As I didn't give a damn about your foolish arguments for light skin-Void-elves, your traitor. Because of people like you, this whole situation with the high elves came to this idiocy and sad results, when we are given trash in a beautiful wrapper. Only people like you are happy and ask for more.
    Likewise people can and will roleplay their Void elf toon as a High elf or Sin'dorei scholar studying the Void in Telogrus Rift.

Also, how am I a "traitor", again? Are you drunk? I already told you I never cared about High elves. As an Alleria fan, I advocated for fair-skin options for Void elves for 3 years, and I won .
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-06 at 05:26 PM.

If you're that upset you should probably take a break. Trust me, I did in WoD and it took me 4 years to come back and come in terms with the fact that Blizzard's storytelling isn't as good as I'd like it to be.

personal insults should not be allowed I hope they are mod

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    personal insults should not be allowed I hope they are mod
    This is beyond personal insults already, I started to report.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If you're that upset you should probably take a break. Trust me, I did in WoD and it took me 4 years to come back and come in terms with the fact that Blizzard's storytelling isn't as good as I'd like it to be.
    I am terrified how upset and angry. After such coughing in my face, as well as in the face of hundreds of other high elves who were waiting and asking - including those who remained faithful to the original idea of ​​high elves in this thread, I will express deep respect to them - I have nothing happy, but only hatred for Blizzard. And wild contempt for the "disguised" Judas and those who simply bent down, who first came running on the tumblr, Twitter and now this thread. They climb into someone else's thread - as a comrade above was, that for Alleria and Ren'dorei he drowns, but for the "high elves" he seems to be for and here he will overwrite the "correct" opinion. Normal people have started leaving Warcraft, and I also think I should leave. F*ck this Blizzard, not my money and respect for such a boorish and disgusting attitude.
    This is for the high elves, for violating their own lore, another hacky retcon and piggy responses from Steve Danuser, from the now fired Jennifer and also from Jon Hazzikostas. So to speak, "thanks" to them for the spoiled hopes and love for the once beloved fantasy of childhood. :'(

I am terrified how upset and angry. After such coughing in my face, as well as in the face of hundreds of other high elves who were waiting and asking - including those who remained faithful to the original idea of ​​high elves in this thread, I will express deep respect to them - I have nothing happy, but only hatred for Blizzard. And wild contempt for the "disguised" Judas and those who simply bent down, who first came running on the tumblr, Twitter and now this thread. They climb into someone else's thread - as a comrade above was, that for Alleria and Ren'dorei he drowns, but for the "high elves" he seems to be for and here he will overwrite the "correct" opinion. Normal people have started leaving Warcraft, and I also think I should leave. F*ck this Blizzard, not my money and respect for such a boorish and disgusting attitude.
    This is for the high elves, for violating their own lore, another hacky retcon and piggy responses from Steve Danuser, from the now fired Jennifer and also from Jon Hazzikostas. So to speak, "thanks" to them for the spoiled hopes and love for the once beloved fantasy of childhood. :'(
    Very clearly people aren't leaving WoW because of Void elves, since they are one of the most played Alliance races by far and easily the most successful allied race (along with Zandalari trolls for Horde).

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Ren'dorei are and have always been High elves, as they are Blood elves mutated by the Void, but the Blood elves are biologically High elves.

I also theorized in the past that the Ren'dorei are actually closer to the Highvale/Silver Covenant elves than the Blood elves, because their eyes are blue, not green. Thus I believe that the Void cleansed them of their Fel mutation (i.e. green eyes), making them biologically much closer to Vereesa and co. than the Blood elves of the Horde.
    The Ren'dorei are former Blood Elves - Umbric and all of his people bear the Fel-tinted green eyes of Blood Elves prior to their transformation into Void Elves. The transformation into Void Elves wasn't a cleansing by any means, either; and the Void Elves are manifestly further from their High Elven roots than their Blood Elven peers are, given their near-complete transformation into Void beings. This not to say that High Elven exiles can't also become Void Elves (either now or at some future point), but it's not known if this can or has happened yet canonically.

Magister Umbric prior to transformation:

Click here for a larger image better showcasing his eye color.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Ren'dorei are former Blood Elves - Umbric and all of his people bear the Fel-tinted green eyes of Blood Elves prior to their transformation into Void Elves. The transformation into Void Elves wasn't a cleansing by any means, either; and the Void Elves are manifestly further from their High Elven roots than their Blood Elven peers are, given their near-complete transformation into Void beings. This not to say that High Elven exiles can't also become Void Elves (either now or at some future point), but it's not known if this can or has happened yet canonically.

Magister Umbric prior to transformation:

Click here for a larger image better showcasing his eye color.
    I'm talking after the transformation, their green eyes are changed to an azure color, and all traces of Fel magic are removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm talking after the transformation, their green eyes are changed to an azure color, and all traces of Fel magic are removed.
    I don't really know about that, per se. It's hard telling if a second transformative process overwrites an existing one or more or less overlays it, so to speak. I tend to lean more toward the latter, and I doubt that the Void Elves have had all traces of Fel magic removed, although I'd say the distinction is rather meaningless in light of the changes done to them. The glow of their eyes is simply more reflective of their new natures, and has no real bearing on either their former status as High Elves nor their status as Blood Elves - similar to becoming a Death Knight. It's not the same glow as a High Elf, after all.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I don't really know about that, per se. It's hard telling if a second transformative process overwrites an existing one or more or less overlays it, so to speak. I tend to lean more toward the latter, and I doubt that the Void Elves have had all traces of Fel magic removed, although I'd say the distinction is rather meaningless in light of the changes done to them. The glow of their eyes is simply more reflective of their new natures, and has no real bearing on either their former status as High Elves nor their status as Blood Elves - similar to becoming a Death Knight. It's not the same glow as a High Elf, after all.
    Well, we are able to tell that the Sin'dorei are biologically altered by the Fel because their eyes turned green, but since the Void elves had their eyes restored to blue/azure, it can be inferred that the Fel corruption has been cleansed away. Or maybe it's still there at a molecular level, but we can't tell for certain because the green eyes have been reverted to azure.

Plus didn't Blizzard mention how the rejuvenated Light Sunwell will cleanse the corruption of the Sin'dorei? If Light can do that, then I imagine Void can too. They are two sides of the same coin, after all.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-06 at 06:42 PM.

Probably an unpopular opinion here but i kind of wish they did not add HElf customizations to VElfs?
    if VElfs are supposed to be their own thing, caving to HElf customizations seems to dilute their race identity. Sure you will still have people running around in 'traditional' VElf customization but there will be far more HElf looking characters running around instead.
    But i guess Blizzard could not just go "yeah we made a mistake adding VElfs when clearly every1 wanted HElfs" and remove VElfs altogether. i suppose It is a meet-in-the-middle kind of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Well, we are able to tell that the Sin'dorei are biologically altered by the Fel because their eyes turned green, but since the Void elves had their eyes restored to blue/azure, it can be inferred that the Fel corruption has been cleansed away. Or maybe it's still there at a molecular level, but we can't tell for certain because the green eyes have been reverted to azure.

Plus didn't Blizzard mention how the rejuvenated Light Sunwell will cleanse the corruption of the Sin'dorei? If Light can do that, then I imagine Void can too. They are two sides of the same coin, after all.
    I think I'd probably balk at the sense of the term "restoration" to describe the transformation into Void Elves. Both Fel and Void definitely altered them, that's pretty much incontrovertible, but I don't think the Void transformation necessarily undid the one that made them Blood Elves or in any way reverted them into being High Elves (prior to the changes made by the Fel). The restored Sunwell may well cleanse the Fel taint of the Blood Elves in time (or rather invoke changes of its own), but that's neither here nor there insofar as the Void Elves are concerned, as they no longer appear to be bound to the Sunwell due to their new natures.

Quote Originally Posted by HadesBlessYou View Post
    Probably an unpopular opinion here but i kind of wish they did not add HElf customizations to VElfs?
    if VElfs are supposed to be their own thing, caving to HElf customizations seems to dilute their race identity. Sure you will still have people running around in 'traditional' VElf customization but there will be far more HElf looking characters running around instead.
    But i guess Blizzard could not just go "yeah we made a mistake adding VElfs when clearly every1 wanted HElfs" and remove VElfs altogether. i suppose It is a meet-in-the-middle kind of thing.
    Ren'dorei are indeed meant to be their own unique race, however their leader Alleria Windrunner is a void elf who retains her fair-skin form, and that's part of their identity. Much like how Undead elves like Sylvanas are part of the Forsaken identity, and many Forsaken players constantly ask for Sylvanas-like customization options. The fair-skin options for Void elves should've been available since the start.

I think I'd probably balk at the sense of the term "restoration" to describe the transformation into Void Elves. Both Fel and Void definitely altered them, that's pretty much incontrovertible, but I don't think the Void transformation necessarily undid the one that made them Blood Elves or in any way reverted them into being High Elves (prior to the changes made by the Fel). The restored Sunwell may well cleanse the Fel taint of the Blood Elves in time (or rather invoke changes of its own), but that's neither here nor there insofar as the Void Elves are concerned, as they no longer appear to be bound to the Sunwell due to their new natures.
    The point is that the Void elves are now infused with the Void, which is the mirror of the Light. So if the Sunwell's Light energies can cleanse the Blood elves of their Fel corruption, then the Void corruption that was forced on the Ren'dorei should theoretically do the same thing, No? After all, Light and Void are shown to work in very similar ways and have similar properties.

Quote Originally Posted by HadesBlessYou View Post
    Basically, Blizzard seems to be moving away from allied races that are just spin-offs of existing races and instead adding customization options to the base races so players can make their spin-offs. But since the only playable "base race" Thalassian on Alliance are Void Elves, their "spin-off" is High Elf customization. It's no different than Dwarves getting Wildhammer options (also a popular allied request), Trolls getting Sandfury (and other troll tribe) customization options, etc. Yes, it ends up being a bit weird in the case of Void Elves, but it was the only path open to Blizzard without making an entirely separate High Elf allied race for Alliance and adding a third reuse of the Thalassian model (and having to come up with another allied race for Horde to match).

Not for nothing though, adding these customization options to Void Elves offers the Alliance High Elves the opportunity to move forward in the lore. From vanilla till now, the Alliance High Elves (the people as a whole, not specific organizations like the Silver Covenant) have basically just been in stasis, doing nothing really to progress beyond where they were after splitting from their kin in Silvermoon. Through the Ren'dorei, the High Elves that join Alleria can lead the charge going forward and start building a new future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The point is that the Void elves are now infused with the Void, which is the mirror of the Light. So if the Sunwell's Light energies can cleanse the Blood elves of their Fel corruption, then the Void corruption that was forced on the Ren'dorei should theoretically do the same thing, No? After all, Light and Void are shown to work in very similar ways and have similar properties.
    The Light and Void are cosmological opposites and work in the opposite way from one another. The Light is the energy of unity and cohesion to the point of being a veritable monolith, whereas the Void is the essence of division and separation as represented by its thousand paradoxically simultaneous truths. The Light heals by reuniting what is sundered, whereas the Void harms by enforcing divisions and tearing things asunder at the fundamental level. So no, I really don't think these two essences would behave in similar fashions or produce the same results.