10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    but the undead are not part of the blood elf society, they must be part of the forsaken selection and actually there are a lot of undead elf art concepts and fanarts using the forsaken model because there are people who like that zombie concept and not just playing with pretty elves.
    As hills to die on go, you’ve definitely committed to this one. I reckon with Exiles Reach it’s fine if the Blood Elf customization included Dark Ranger aesthetics.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    False. They're not "just a skin retexture and some red eyes". "Dead elf" customization options completely alter the player model since "dead elf" model uses the thalassian elf model, not the forsaken model.
    red eyes have already been added to forsaken

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    As hills to die on go, you’ve definitely committed to this one. I reckon with Exiles Reach it’s fine if the Blood Elf customization included Dark Ranger aesthetics.
    And what about those who play in the starting zone blood elf? of course I'm committed I like blood elves and their lore. the undead have their own lore and their own different society.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

And what about those who play in the starting zone blood elf? of course I'm committed I like blood elves and their lore. the undead have their own lore and their own different society.
    I just don’t think Blizzard cares much anymore about the lore reasoning behind customizations. They’ve thrown most of that out the window, and well, good on them. Well done. If some of it is going out the window then it all should.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

I just don’t think Blizzard cares much anymore about the lore reasoning behind customizations. They’ve thrown most of that out the window, and well, good on them. Well done. If some of it is going out the window then it all should.
    as forsaken with elf customization

You are right on that. Devs themselves admited most of the new customizations are just for players to fullfil whatever RP they wanted for years, but all of it does not need to be reasoned in lore. In that way, they can go wild with various sub-race customizations without actually introducing new lore, like for example sand trolls joining the Horde. It is the exact same scenario, you actually can start as sand troll on echo isles, which makes little sense, so why not san'layn fór blood elves...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    You are right on that. Devs themselves admited most of the new customizations are just for players to fullfil whatever RP they wanted for years, but all of it does not need to be reasoned in lore. In that way, they can go wild with various sub-race customizations without actually introducing new lore, like for example sand trolls joining the Horde. It is the exact same scenario, you actually can start as sand troll on echo isles, which makes little sense, so why not san'layn fór blood elves...
    Exactly. Go crazy, Blizzard. Ice/Dark Iron Dwarves,
    Skinny Kul’tiran, those creepy professor looking undead models, true drow black and blue, Furbolg looking Pandaren. Just go for it. As much as I was opposed to void elves getting blood elf customizations at this point they just need to go crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    That looks horrible and cheap
    Kinda how alot of us felt when we got purple blood elves outta nowhere. The goofy ears slapped on an Forsaken is funny and appropriate enough to work. They'd actually BE undead, complete with compatible racials, and be ambiguous enough that you can RP as any elf and former Dark Ranger who was loyal to Sylvanas. A living Blood Elf, walking around pretending to be undead - pretty silly.

Blizzard can experiment with this for Forsaken character creation as well, if you know what I mean.

- - - Updated - - -

They joined the Forsaken at the end of BFA, a third circle would be needed for the Dark Ranger Night Elves.

3+ Year Old Account
    Aren't you contradicting yourself, here? First you say that "times can change", but then you state that "times never change" as you state that undead elf race will "never happen".
    fine; not never, but perhaps when everyone else gets at least 3-4 variants before letting Undead Elves have their go; which is like way too long time

that's why it would be better to move them now as a Forsaken customization
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Again: irrelevant.

Because if one wants to add customization options to the forsaken character creation to make them into "dark ranger or san'layn", that requires a complete change of the player model since "dark rangers" and "san'layns" are ELVES, not humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    fine; not never, but perhaps when everyone else gets at least 3-4 variants before letting Undead Elves have their go; which is like way too long time

that's why it would be better to move them now as a Forsaken customization
    But it's highly, highly, highly unlikely to ever happen since to make a forsaken player character into a "dark ranger" or "san'layn", it requires a complete replacement of the player model.

Again: irrelevant.

Because if one wants to add customization options to the forsaken character creation to make them into "dark ranger or san'layn", that requires a complete change of the player model since "dark rangers" and "san'layns" are ELVES, not humans.

- - - Updated - - -

But it's highly, highly, highly unlikely to ever happen since to make a forsaken player character into a "dark ranger" or "san'layn", it requires a complete replacement of the player model.
    human dark ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    human dark ranger
    He was the exception, not the rule

sand trolls are allies of the zandalari the zandalari joined the horde, the echo isles are on the same continent as zul'farrak

- - - Updated - - -

He was the exception, not the rule
    So why now are there red eyes and skin colors that can look like dark ranger?

10+ Year Old Account
    sand trolls are allies of the zandalari the zandalari joined the horde, the echo isles are on the same continent as zul'farrak

- - - Updated - - -

So why now are there red eyes and skin colors that can look like dark ranger?
    Just because those are there doesn’t make any undead looking like that a dark ranger. You know this, you’re just reaching. I get it- you’re very protective of Blood Elves. I love them too, BUT I’m ok with them having some undead elves in their fold. Why? Because as we’ve seen with when the Humans turned their undead kin away, the Blood Elves welcomed their help, and I see them being okay with welcoming them. It’s a bit of a lore stretch but it isn’t out of the realms of possibility.

Just because those are there doesn’t make any undead looking like that a dark ranger. You know this, you’re just reaching. I get it- you’re very protective of Blood Elves. I love them too, BUT I’m ok with them having some undead elves in their fold. Why? Because as we’ve seen with when the Humans turned their undead kin away, the Blood Elves welcomed their help, and I see them being okay with welcoming them. It’s a bit of a lore stretch but it isn’t out of the realms of possibility.
    undeads have their own nation in lordaeron, being allies is one thing another is accepting them within society

When people say "dark ranger", I go by the assumption that they want the undead ELF model, considering that the request for "dark ranger" customization is usually paired with the request for san'layn customization, which are also an undead elf model.

And on top of that, I think "human customization" for the forsaken has an even lower chance of happening of and actual high elf playable race, considering that humans are "the face" of the Alliance faction, just like orcs are "the face" of the Horde, meaning we won't see an orc race on the Alliance faction, for example.

3+ Year Old Account
    And on top of that, I think "human customization" for the forsaken has an even lower chance of happening of and actual high elf playable race, considering that humans are "the face" of the Alliance faction, just like orcs are "the face" of the Horde, meaning we won't see an orc race on the Alliance faction, for example.
    Yrel and her Lightbound is definitely coming to Azeroth and when we defeat her the surviving Lightbound Orcs surely won't get admitted to the Horde and they would definitely get resonance with the MU Lightforged

- - - Updated - - -

that's why we need to push for model toggles too like Dire Trolls, or Dire Orcs, or "freshly raised" Forsaken, or Nightfallen, or Moonguard for Nightborne, or Broken for Draenei
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

When people say "dark ranger", I go by the assumption that they want the undead ELF model, considering that the request for "dark ranger" customization is usually paired with the request for san'layn customization, which are also an undead elf model.

the face of the horde is their most played race are the blood elves. many of us have wanted Alterac humans in the horde for years! the horde will never be complete without the Alteraci!

Honestly, I believe the best option would be separate AR. Customizations can be swapped easily and being undead is permanent thing. The same applies to elf options on Forsaken - you were either human or elf before you died. I guess it does not matter in the end, since most of these customizations are for player RP agenda, but I'd find it awkward. As it currently stands, I find it more likely for Blizz to add it as character customizations (it is one of the major themes of Shadowlands) and I think it's more likely to see it on blood elves, rather then Forsaken, because it takes less effort to do so.

Unfortunatelly, I don't think we will see new AR in a while now, maybe at the end of SL, but I expect it later then sooner, if ever. They would also need to make their models interesting, lore is not enough to make successful AR, nightborne pretty much proved that.

Sure, high elves with blue hair looks great. There are some high elf NPCs with blue hair already.

My void elf now finaly has proper high elf look too!

Indeed; part of me thinks we won't be seeing more AR's as we know them, so there are a lot of possibilities.

Also yesss, very cool mog!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Yrel and her Lightbound is definitely coming to Azeroth and when we defeat her the surviving Lightbound Orcs surely won't get admitted to the Horde and they would definitely get resonance with the MU Lightforged
    There's a lot of assumptions and speculations there being disguised as certainty, there. It's nowhere near stated, or even hinted, that the AU lightbound draenei are coming to the MU Azeroth, and even if they do, it's not guaranteed that the lightbound orcs will actually come, and even if they do, it's not guaranteed they'll become playable, and even if they do become playable, it's not guaranteed that they'll be in the Alliance.

There's a lot of "ifs" there to say anything with certainty.

that's why we need to push for model toggles too like Dire Trolls, or Dire Orcs, or "freshly raised" Forsaken, or Nightfallen, or Moonguard for Nightborne, or Broken for Draenei
    You have the option of "freshly raised forsaken" in the form of picking the level of rot on the body. And again: I highly doubt that Blizzard will ever add customization options that completely change the model of your character, like making a forsaken look like a pale red-eyed blood elf.

I imagine it's much more likely that Blizzard would introduce high elves as an actual playable race AND introduce a new "flavor of elf" as another playable race before that happens.

- - - Updated - - -

the face of the horde is their most played race are the blood elves. many of us have wanted Alterac humans in the horde for years! the horde will never be complete without the Alteraci!
    Then why is it that the two races on the front of the BfA box are an orc and a human? Why not a blood elf and night elf, considering those are the most played races in their factions?

The "face" of a faction is not determined by # of player characters within the faction, but by lore. Humans are the face of the Alliance, and orcs are the face of the Horde.