1. #22001
    I am Murloc! Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    5,252
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I just noticed that in this preview video the void elf female has black hair.... the fuck blizz? last i checked this wasn't an option being added.

    I find it more funny how in the preview here and the one with the 'create your story/character' both show the obvious High Elf look by even picking hairstyles that have no tentacles. Even Blizzard knows

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I'm just wondering, no hidden meaning behind this statement, but do you think High Elf players will be appeased if void elves get high elf eyes and blood elf hair colors as well as the blood elf skin colors they now currently have? (Or even just the hair colors at this point TBH)

    I'm thinking they wouldn't be, even if the only difference was racials. I mean that's okay, but I personally think Blizzard is at least trying to find a middle ground which is admirable.
    I'm with the others in that I'd be fine with the options available now in pre-patch along with more common hair colors (and it doesn't have to be from Blood Elves, can be hair colors from humans/Kul'Tirans) and the option to change tentacles to hair and/or add more non-tentacle hairstyles (especially for the males).

    I'm pretty much once the hair colors come in probably 99% of the High Elf community will be alright with it. That was immediately seen from Taliesin's video when the blue post on Void Elf and Blood Elf customization (aka High Elf customization) got revealed. He said what pretty much everyone in the community were thinking, that Blizzard are so so close with getting High Elves playable on Alliance, they hopefully don't miss the mark by preventing a few normal hair colors from being available.

  2. #22002
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Well, Undead elves are not really I personally needs in the game on void elves, but if Blizzard decides to add these features to void elves, I'm fine with that. I may not use these options, but I'm sure other people would, so more options are always good.

    Also, Alliance is not the faction known for tolerating undead amongs its ranks nor void elf community or Alliance fan base ever requested playable Undead elves. It is not true for the Horde, whose players request Dark Ranger/San'layn options for years. If you can't stand undead on your side of the barrier, Alliance is there for you. You can even play high elf now on the blue team...
    the alliance has Dk right?

  3. #22003
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the alliance has Dk right?
    Good you mentioned them. Lorewise, DKs are Ebon Blade agents whose loyalties are first to the Order, then to faction they chose to work with. Their class campaign make it pretty clear. There is no undead race working exclusively for the Alliance. Still, that does not apply for the Horde. San'layn could be exactly the same - being a separate independent group (like DKs being Ebon Blade and DHs being Illidari) lorewise with gameplay representation on blood elves.

  4. #22004
    Wanna use blue eyes, but not on my blood elves, and on my void elves I don't have blonde hair options. And I can't be a Paladin. Blizzard needs to fix this.

  5. #22005
    Quote Originally Posted by kissy kissy View Post
    Wanna use blue eyes, but not on my blood elves, and on my void elves I don't have blonde hair options. And I can't be a Paladin. Blizzard needs to fix this.
    Paladin isn't likely to ever happen, so I wouldn't hold my breath over that (and most High Elves seem to be mages, priests, and hunters from what I've seen). And while some shade of blonde would be welcome, it's not the only hair color that High Elves have. Hopefully when the allied races get their customization pass, we'll see some typical hair color options added to Void Elves, but until then we can still make a fairly authentic High Elf look with what we have. More options will only make that easier and better.

  6. #22006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Good you mentioned them. Lorewise, DKs are Ebon Blade agents whose loyalties are first to the Order, then to faction they chose to work with. Their class campaign make it pretty clear. There is no undead race working exclusively for the Alliance. Still, that does not apply for the Horde. San'layn could be exactly the same - being a separate independent group (like DKs being Ebon Blade and DHs being Illidari) lorewise with gameplay representation on blood elves.
    They are a hero class with its own starting zone and their own customizations and unique voices. blood elves have no undead within their society. the undead are part of the forsaken. thanks for exemplifying my point using the alliance and the DK for it.

  7. #22007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Paladin isn't likely to ever happen, so I wouldn't hold my breath over that (and most High Elves seem to be mages, priests, and hunters from what I've seen). And while some shade of blonde would be welcome, it's not the only hair color that High Elves have. Hopefully when the allied races get their customization pass, we'll see some typical hair color options added to Void Elves, but until then we can still make a fairly authentic High Elf look with what we have. More options will only make that easier and better.
    High Elves need to be able to be Paladins. So this High Elf/Void Elf workaround is absolutely inadequate.

  8. #22008
    Quote Originally Posted by kissy kissy View Post
    High Elves need to be able to be Paladins. So this High Elf/Void Elf workaround is absolutely inadequate.
    High Elves can easily be Paladins, just happens to be that 100% of them are in the Horde. My main is a High Elf Paladin now and things are great.

  9. #22009
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    They are a hero class with its own starting zone and their own customizations and unique voices. blood elves have no undead within their society. the undead are part of the forsaken. thanks for exemplifying my point using the alliance and the DK for it.
    Well, at this point, I don't really see the reason to continue discussion with you on this matter, since the only thing you are still repeating like some sacred prayer is "there are no undead in Quel'thalas", yet you perhaps intentionally dodge every argument made that does not fit in your view and try to employ poor attention flips like "Alliance have DKs" and "ask for undead void elves". It does not matter what people say to you, you just keep repeating the same all over again.

    There are facts that remains here. There are people among blood elf fans who'd like these features introduced and like it or not, there is a possibility it may come live. All these new additions we see now in game are actually in line with possible dark ranger/san'layn option, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them implemented one day.

  10. #22010
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Well, at this point, I don't really see the reason to continue discussion with you on this matter, since the only thing you are still repeating like some sacred prayer is "there are no undead in Quel'thalas", yet you perhaps intentionally dodge every argument made that does not fit in your view and try to employ poor attention flips like "Alliance have DKs" and "ask for undead void elves". It does not matter what people say to you, you just keep repeating the same all over again.

    There are facts that remains here. There are people among blood elf fans who'd like these features introduced and like it or not, there is a possibility it may come live. All these new additions we see now in game are actually in line with possible dark ranger/san'layn option, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them implemented one day.
    I see you and some alliance players in this thread asking for undead customization for blood elves. and me as a blood elf player saying that would be bad. not worth discussing let's talk about high elves in the high elves thread!

  11. #22011
    Finally I can look like Alleria, honestly this took 3 years too long:

    I will tell you what I told my own son when he picked up his first blade and played at being a soldier. Whatever your elders have told you... War is not glory. War is seeing people at their very worst and choosing to protect them anyway.

  12. #22012
    Grunt Tinniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Under the sky near High Elf's Ranger brotherhood
    Posts
    16
    Here some touched for my soul hoped to drown me with a ban. Good thing temporary. But here I no longer see the point in the essence of this thread from the word in any way. Because all this is already nonsense delirium, that's what I think. Gloomy f*cking delirium.

    The point is now in this thread, as in all posts, videos, materials, lore and records that players have collected, planned, proposed and dreamed about high elves - is dead. Blizzard did, as they bluntly said, "Because we wanted to and you go f-yourself" and they, forgive me for being straightforward, do not give a shit about all our indignations and requests. Bring them money, rejoice in this customization, some of which are good, and some are just miserable, only causes vomit and twirling lore on a magic wand. Give them plus signs, praise on Reddit and on the forums. And any criticism will be hastily removed with a banhammer.

    I don't see the point in Warcraft's lore, if it was mutilated again, the history of many races by this customization was also completely ruined without any adequate explanation and justification. . The developers do not care about us, they listen only to those who are louder and more pleasant to them, say thanks and ask for more - here there are already half of them in this thread. Why didn't you, who adore this unlorn customization and SUDDENLY beloved ren'dorei, create a separate thread and discussion with customization? Nothing bothers you.

    And I would also like to express my deep respect to those who remained in this thread, who for two years appealed to lore, to logic, to common sense and shut up big pile of Blizzard fanboys and antis. Especially to user Syegfryed - dude, great respect to you, you are great.

    Unless we just have to read the old posts, enjoy and look nostalgically at the concepts and at the old Blizzards, who in the Legion still dared to answer various questions from players and also, not without reason, believed that the High Elves should be in the game as a playable race. Well, or take the concepts that this whole great thread began with for your fantasy projects, games and books. All the same, Blizzard is shamelessly blowing and losing everything. The normal audience leaves, instead of them there are those who like everything, casuals, PvP maniacs who just let someone break their faces for the sake of achievements, and just all sorts of different kinds of community, up to furry lovers and brazen minorities. Such people will gladly carry money and ask for more, more and more.

    Let's not touch the scandal with the scriptwriters from Blizzard, who are involved in promoting the current political and social agenda in Western countries - this is not a thread about that, but just a question to think about: what's next? At first, in the face of the high elves, Blizzard showed that separate groups of their fans and players were nothing to them. They are trash who should accept dirty handouts and rejoice. And if they don't want to, then let them fail (and they should also be banned preventively). And what will happen next? Further, entire races will be forcibly adjusted to the current topic and the lore of some kind of "Burning Crusade" or "Cataclysm" will be flushed down the toilet? Further disfigure all the characters in a row? Further, there will be changes inconceivable within the universe logic, after which all the old books on Warcraft and the first tome of the Chronicles can be thrown into the trash?

    I understand, now they will start saying to me "Oh, you start here, you stupid hater. Everyone loves everything, these are the "high elves" of our dreams. Everything will be fine and Warcraft will be better than ever." Okay, you have your opinion, I have mine. Unpopular nowadays. But just think about the future of this game, if such nonsense is going on around the seemingly not very important topic of the high elves. What will happen next? Think and give yourself answers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And finally, for everyone here naive and happy: All we can make are fair skinned void elves which will never scratch my itch as they're still void elves with void elf racials, heritage armor, emotes, racial mount, etc. They still void elves, and not even high elves, who in game have another types of voices.

  13. #22013

  14. #22014
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinniel View Post
    Let's not touch the scandal with the scriptwriters from Blizzard, who are involved in promoting the current political and social agenda in Western countries
    No need to say any more

  15. #22015
    Grunt Tinniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Under the sky near High Elf's Ranger brotherhood
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    No need to say any more
    Although the scandal is loud in the Warcraft community, we will not touch it, which I pointed out. But, as it were, the "bell is loud" and hints that Blizzard is more important - relevant, beautiful and easy to use. And some trifles in the form of their own lore and the problems of the high elves, which Blizzard themselves arranged and now just aggravated it to the edge, are not interesting to them. Well, as we are all uninteresting.

  16. #22016
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinniel View Post
    Here some touched for my soul hoped to drown me with a ban. Good thing temporary. But here I no longer see the point in the essence of this thread from the word in any way. Because all this is already nonsense delirium, that's what I think. Gloomy f*cking delirium.

    The point is now in this thread, as in all posts, videos, materials, lore and records that players have collected, planned, proposed and dreamed about high elves - is dead. Blizzard did, as they bluntly said, "Because we wanted to and you go f-yourself" and they, forgive me for being straightforward, do not give a shit about all our indignations and requests. Bring them money, rejoice in this customization, some of which are good, and some are just miserable, only causes vomit and twirling lore on a magic wand. Give them plus signs, praise on Reddit and on the forums. And any criticism will be hastily removed with a banhammer.

    I don't see the point in Warcraft's lore, if it was mutilated again, the history of many races by this customization was also completely ruined without any adequate explanation and justification. . The developers do not care about us, they listen only to those who are louder and more pleasant to them, say thanks and ask for more - here there are already half of them in this thread. Why didn't you, who adore this unlorn customization and SUDDENLY beloved ren'dorei, create a separate thread and discussion with customization? Nothing bothers you.

    And I would also like to express my deep respect to those who remained in this thread, who for two years appealed to lore, to logic, to common sense and shut up big pile of Blizzard fanboys and antis. Especially to user Syegfryed - dude, great respect to you, you are great.

    Unless we just have to read the old posts, enjoy and look nostalgically at the concepts and at the old Blizzards, who in the Legion still dared to answer various questions from players and also, not without reason, believed that the High Elves should be in the game as a playable race. Well, or take the concepts that this whole great thread began with for your fantasy projects, games and books. All the same, Blizzard is shamelessly blowing and losing everything. The normal audience leaves, instead of them there are those who like everything, casuals, PvP maniacs who just let someone break their faces for the sake of achievements, and just all sorts of different kinds of community, up to furry lovers and brazen minorities. Such people will gladly carry money and ask for more, more and more.

    Let's not touch the scandal with the scriptwriters from Blizzard, who are involved in promoting the current political and social agenda in Western countries - this is not a thread about that, but just a question to think about: what's next? At first, in the face of the high elves, Blizzard showed that separate groups of their fans and players were nothing to them. They are trash who should accept dirty handouts and rejoice. And if they don't want to, then let them fail (and they should also be banned preventively). And what will happen next? Further, entire races will be forcibly adjusted to the current topic and the lore of some kind of "Burning Crusade" or "Cataclysm" will be flushed down the toilet? Further disfigure all the characters in a row? Further, there will be changes inconceivable within the universe logic, after which all the old books on Warcraft and the first tome of the Chronicles can be thrown into the trash?

    I understand, now they will start saying to me "Oh, you start here, you stupid hater. Everyone loves everything, these are the "high elves" of our dreams. Everything will be fine and Warcraft will be better than ever." Okay, you have your opinion, I have mine. Unpopular nowadays. But just think about the future of this game, if such nonsense is going on around the seemingly not very important topic of the high elves. What will happen next? Think and give yourself answers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And finally, for everyone here naive and happy: All we can make are fair skinned void elves which will never scratch my itch as they're still void elves with void elf racials, heritage armor, emotes, racial mount, etc. They still void elves, and not even high elves, who in game have another types of voices.
    you were previously banned for insulting people I hope you have a better behavior now

  17. #22017
    Finally. My purple elf boys can look like blood elves now. I dont think I'll be going back to the purple skin tones ever again, although its nice to have that option. Now I just need the Silver Covenant tabard and g2g.

  18. #22018


    many alliance players asking for blonde hair but for me a high elf looks great with blue hair !! my mage looks great!

  19. #22019
    Yeah! It also looks good on blood elves, as you demonstrated. Dark>light.

  20. #22020
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I see you and some alliance players in this thread asking for undead customization for blood elves. and me as a blood elf player saying that would be bad. not worth discussing let's talk about high elves in the high elves thread!
    Don't know what you and the other people have discussed, but just want to say I agree with you that Undead High Elf customization should be an Undead option.

    Not that it will ever, ever happen, but for me that's most logical. Sylvanas(well not now anymore l o l) and her Dark Rangers belongs to the Forsaken, aka Undead.
    - Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •