Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    So the words of two trumped up rangers override the very words of the Lord Regent? I don't think so.

Vereesa and Alleria can stay in Stormwind with their Human Male fetishes.
    Can you not get so defensive and try to listen to what it's being said first?

Lemme start with saying Silvermoon should remain with the Blood Elves.

But the point of people bringing up Alleria, Vereesa and Turalyon, is that it almost seems like set up -how much of it, that's up to each, but there's definitely something with the issue brought up again and again; as of last, by Shaw saying there are a lot of alliance sympathizers in Silvermoon.

What will be done with this apparent set up? We don't know, could range from an all out alliance assault on Silvermoon, to simply being a lead in for alliance Thalassians to reunite and settle; regardless, the point being made is that there's a lot of hints being thrown that something might happen, and people are picking on that. Now, what each person believes that means, is subject to bias and personal want, but the reason for the speculation is in the text.

Ok, but what will ignite this "Thalassian Civil War"? Alleria and Turalyon are not villians yet, they won't invade Quel'Thalas just for the lulz. They'll need a better reason for that. Besides "other holdings of the old Alliance" could very well mean Gilneas, Gnomeregan or even Alterac, since they are not occupied by the Horde, just like Stromgarde before the Fourth War.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Ok, but what will ignite this "Thalassian Civil War"? Alleria and Turalyon are not villians yet, they won't invade Quel'Thalas just for the lulz. They'll need a better reason for that. Besides "other holdings of the old Alliance" could very well mean Gilneas, Gnomeregan or even Alterac, since they are not occupied by the Horde, just like Stromgarde before the Fourth War.
    the Alliance has no more legitimate claim for Alterac
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    gee I wonder where Umbric was within years 20 to 26 when no help from the Alliance came to Quel'thalas and they had to fend for themselves alone from the Scourge, Amani, and Wretched. Vereesa's feelings have no bearing considering she was never there for the Blood Elves on those times
    And again, the point with that is not whether they are right/justified, but if they can leverage other thalassians similar feelings into action.

You are not being asked to agree with them, the question is whether the characters will do something about these beliefs.

So the question is, will something come about these hints? Is Blizzard peppering them in because something they have in mind, or is just flavor text? Because again, the issue is how many alliance thalassians bring the point up, plus Turalyon's desire to bring in more alliance former holdings, plus the knowledge of alliance sympathizers in Silvermoon. So again, I think the question that matters here is if you believe something will be done with this set up, not if you want to.

Implying that invading Quel'Thalas would be villainous...

You do know how Quel'Thalas was founded in the first place, right? Does that mean that the Thalassian government is villainous too?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Indeed, it might very well possible he means other former holdings.

The speculation stems from all the small bits of info we get regarding Quel'thalas and Silvermoon; Umbric, Alleria and Vereesa believing in bringing the BE's back to the alliance, plus Turalyon's desire to bring in more alliance former holdings, plus the knowledge of alliance sympathizers in Silvermoon.

So it might well mean nothing -and that's fine- but many speculate all this bits are hinting to something larger, whether this means a full on attack on Silvermoon, or something way smaller, it's up to each individual.

the Alliance has no more legitimate claim for Alterac
    And how exactly is this supposed to stop the Alliance? Besides, Perenolde's nephew was last seen with Genn in Gilneas. If he is still alive and with the Greymane family, the Alliance will have this "legitimate claim".

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Implying that invading Quel'Thalas would be villainous...
    For Turalyon? Yes. Even in Shadows Rising he is still portrayed as a good guy. He won't attack first unless provoked.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    So it might well mean nothing -and that's fine- but many speculate all this bits are hinting to something larger, whether this means a full on attack on Silvermoon, or something way smaller, it's up to each individual.
    I agree. Something is definitely brewing with the Sunwell. It would be strange not to use a source of pure Light in a expansion about Light vs Void.
    Last edited by BaumanKing; 2020-12-16 at 06:11 PM.

I agree. Something is definitely brewing with the Sunwell. It would be strange not to use a source of pure Light in a expansion about Light vs Void.
    Indeed; the whole set up, the existence of the Sunwell as a light-source probe to tampering by the Void, Turalyon -who is a nice man but still kind of a light zealot- the Void Elves -Alleria, his wife, their leader- There is so much that now entwines thalassians with the Void/Light conflict that it would be bewildering if it isn't addressed on a Void/Light expansion.

And how exactly is this supposed to stop the Alliance? Besides, Perenolde's nephew was last seen with Genn in Gilneas. If he is still alive and with the Greymane family, the Alliance will have this "legitimate claim".

For Turalyon? Yes. Even in Shadows Rising he is still portrayed as a good guy. He won't attack first unless provoked.

Dath'remar Sunstrider is portrayed as a good guy and he invaded the lurid Amani homeland unprovoked.

Why would Turalyon be a villain just because he chooses to invade a Horde nation?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Indeed; the whole set up, the existence of the Sunwell as a light-source probe to tampering by the Void, Turalyon -who is a nice man but still kind of a light zealot- the Void Elves -Alleria, his wife, their leader- There is so much that now entwines thalassians with the Void/Light conflict that it would be bewildering if it isn't addressed on a Void/Light expansion.
    i get the feeling that was going to be explored in the cancelled Silvermoon Warfront (although it probably would have actually been a Ghostlands/Eversong Woods Warfront) which would have been Alleria and the Void Elves trying to fulfill the threat she made at Lor'themar (maybe with the Lightforge's help similar to how the Worgen helped the Night Elves in the Darkshore Warfront. The Nightborne would probably be the ones helping the Blood Elves defend Silvermoon)

Since the Alliance canonically won the Arathi and Darkshore warfronts i'm guessing the Horde would have won the cancelled Silvermoon, Barrens and Azshara Warfronts those last two probably would been Tauren vs Somebody (Maybe Dwarves) and Gnomes vs Goblins respectively.
    Last edited by Imperator4321; 2020-12-16 at 07:58 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    And again, the point with that is not whether they are right/justified, but if they can leverage other thalassians similar feelings into action.

You are not being asked to agree with them, the question is whether the characters will do something about these beliefs.

So the question is, will something come about these hints? Is Blizzard peppering them in because something they have in mind, or is just flavor text? Because again, the issue is how many alliance thalassians bring the point up, plus Turalyon's desire to bring in more alliance former holdings, plus the knowledge of alliance sympathizers in Silvermoon. So again, I think the question that matters here is if you believe something will be done with this set up, not if you want to.
    you're right; my bad

I kinda want them to make the supposed Quel'thalas Warfront to happen; and since the BFA Warfronts were Alliance victories, these ones can be given to the Horde

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    Tauren vs Somebody (Maybe Dwarves)
    Stonespires vs. Dwarf excavators? Twinbraid was never held accountable that would have been the perfect time to make justice imo
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

you're right; my bad

I kinda want them to make the supposed Quel'thalas Warfront to happen; and since the BFA Warfronts were Alliance victories, these ones can be given to the Horde

- - - Updated - - -

Stonespires vs. Dwarf excavators? Twinbraid was never held accountable that would have been the perfect time to make justice imo
    I get the feeling the Warfronts were supposed to follow a storyline/sequence such as the Arathi one leading into a Silvermoon Warfront, Darkshore leading to Barrens and Azshara warfronts, (maybe even a Gilneas or Echo Isle warfront) but they weren't as popular as Blizzard was hoping so more Warfronts after Darkshore were seen as wastes of resources. We might see those come back as future plotlines.

I also suspect that the heritage armors we got for Gnomes, Goblins, Worgen, Dwarves, Tauren and Blood Elves were designed from concepts originally intended to be Warfront armors themed after their respective sides as a sort of consolation thing.

Honestly i just used said Dwarves since the Tauren don't really have any direct rivalries/bad blood with races even stuff like the the Bael'dun is fairly tame at least in comparison to Humans vs Orcs and Night Elves vs Forsaken
    Last edited by Imperator4321; 2020-12-16 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    i get the feeling that was going to be explored in the cancelled Silvermoon Warfront (although it probably would have actually been a Ghostlands/Eversong Woods Warfront) which would have been Alleria and the Void Elves trying to fulfill the threat she made at Lor'themar (maybe with the Lightforge's help similar to how the Worgen helped the Night Elves in the Darkshore Warfront. The Nightborne would probably be the ones helping the Blood Elves defend Silvermoon)

Since the Alliance canonically won the Arathi and Darkshore warfronts i'm guessing the Horde would have won the cancelled Silvermoon, Barrens and Azshara Warfronts those last two probably would been Tauren vs Somebody (Maybe Dwarves) and Gnomes vs Goblins respectively.
    This is one of the parts where the desire for an "Horde/Alliance" aesthetic and theme based type of content works on the detriment of the Lore and setting, what I mean by that;

They really just wanted to go for that hold "Humans v/s Orcs" feeling on Arathi, which was narratively pointless. We spend 1 whole Warfront out of 2 in pure nostalgia, which wouldn't have been such an issue if we just had two warfronts, but alas, half of warfront material served no narrative purpose.

Contrast that to the possibility of a Quel'thalas warfront instead, which would have had so much more meaning in an Alliance/Horde conflict. It was just really perfect warfront material and it's a shame it just went unused. But perhaps leaves the room for it to actually be compelling content, or perhaps just killed the idea before it ever happened. Who knows.

i liked warfronts.
    its a shame others hated them it was a cool concept.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

you're right; my bad

It would have been far more thematically fitting for an alliance/horde war to go to Quel'thalas rather than Arathi of all places. Perhaps the reason we got the warfronts we did is because it required no new assets mostly -but then you gotta ask yourself why they spent all those resources upgrading Auberdine to then not even use it in any meaningful way-

Warfronts as a concept were pretty weak, so I am not sorry we didn't get another; part of me feels the concept of a war on Quel'thalas would have been wasted with how warfronts turned out to be. *shrug*

This is one of the parts where the desire for an "Horde/Alliance" aesthetic and theme based type of content works on the detriment of the Lore and setting, what I mean by that;

They really just wanted to go for that hold "Humans v/s Orcs" feeling on Arathi, which was narratively pointless. We spend 1 whole Warfront out of 2 in pure nostalgia, which wouldn't have been such an issue if we just had two warfronts, but alas, half of warfront material served no narrative purpose.

Contrast that to the possibility of a Quel'thalas warfront instead, which would have had so much more meaning in an Alliance/Horde conflict. It was just really perfect warfront material and it's a shame it just went unused. But perhaps leaves the room for it to actually be compelling content, or perhaps just killed the idea before it ever happened. Who knows.
    I think the Arathi Warfront was intended as a setup for further Warfronts in the Eastern Kingdoms with the canonical alliance victory leading to more campaigns/warfronts in the northern Eastern Kingdoms like the Silvermoon Warfront (and possibly a Gilneas one), similiar idea with the Darkshore one leading to the Alliance attempting to reclaim/conquer more of Kalimdor with the Barrens and Azshara warfronts (and possibly and Echo Isle one)

Since more Warfronts didn't happen the Arathi one does feel kind of pointless/nostalgia baiting with the Humans vs Orcs thing (aside from Stromgarde now being a Kingdom again which is neat)

I do agree it would have been interesting to see the Void Elves get more development with a Warfront about them trying to take Silvermoon especially if the Lightforged were their support/backup since currently it seems awkward that we have the Light Infused Draenei and the Void Infused Elves on the same factions with seemingly no problems with eachother (maybe the Lightforged wouldn't trust them with something as important/holy to the light as the Sunwell and would only be helping them in the Warfront to make sure they don't do anything shady with it or maybe they would only be doing it begrudgingly since Turalyon ordered them to support Alleria's forces.)
    Last edited by Imperator4321; 2020-12-16 at 08:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alleria : "Silvermoon will stand with the Alliance"
    Umbric : "I prey we bring Silvermoon back into the fold"
    Shaw in Silvermoon : "wat if she said the truth ?"
    Turalyon with Alleria not far : "I will reclaim former Alliance of Lordaeron's holdings"

*Lordaeron plagued, Gilneas abandonned, Stromgarde restored, Alterac destroyed and Dalaran flying in the clouds*

Horde players : "no."

hahaha

We'll see where that leads us.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

just proves that like the certain players. Alliance lore characters are delusional.
    Last edited by Traveler Voltin; 2020-12-16 at 11:37 PM.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Turalyon with Alleria not far : "I will reclaim former Alliance of Lordaeron's holdings"

*Lordaeron plagued, Gilneas abandonned, Stromgarde restored, Alterac destroyed and Dalaran flying in the clouds*

hahaha

Notice how they never use words like "war", "invasion", "battle", or "march".

They are being very diplomatic/pacifistic about it.

Yet some people here act like Alleria wants to raze the entire kingdom to the ground

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post

hahaha

After BFA showed how divisive and frankly obnoxious faction war content can be when it's the sole plot motivator/thread i don't think we're going to be getting any major faction war style content for quite some time, at most i think we'll see cold war style conflict between the Alliance and Horde and minor conflicts between factions within each, such as the Void Elves, Night Elves, Gilneans and Lightforged perhaps being more open to acts against the Horde, I don't think any faction within the Horde wants to escalate things again aside from maybe the Zandalari (who would still have a grudge from Rastakhans death).

Pretty sure Dalaran is officially neutral since i'm think Khadgar still leads it and he's more or less put faction conflict behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Notice how they never use words like "war", "invasion", "battle", or "march".

They are being very diplomatic/pacifistic about it.

Yet some people here act like Alleria wants to raze the entire kingdom to the ground
    Alleria's skills a diplomacy leave a lot to be desired to be honest

It's kind of hilarous actually that shes been uninvolved/missing (although was Ranger-Captain even held in that high regard in Quel'Thalas in the first place?) in the geopolitical affairs of Quel'thalas for decades (centries long from her perspective) and immediately tries to assert herself in the affairs of the kingdom as some kind of force of change after presumably having her sister give her a history lesson (and i'll assume Vereesa left out the whole purge of dalaran thing) shes hilarously out of touch with the people of Quel'thalas (not to mention the Void Lords whispering in her head).
    Last edited by Imperator4321; 2020-12-16 at 11:45 PM.