3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    *Lordaeron plagued, Gilneas abandonned, Stromgarde restored, Alterac destroyed and Dalaran flying in the clouds*
    Lordaeron is being rebuilt and I don't think Khadgar will allow the Alliance to use Dalaran against the Horde; also the Argent Crusade and Brotherhood of the Light is in good relations with the Eitrigg and the former is also in good relations with Liadrin, I also don't think they will allow any violence in the area.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Lordaeron is being rebuilt and I don't think Khadgar will allow the Alliance to use Dalaran against the Horde; also the Argent Crusade and Brotherhood of the Light is in good relations with the Eitrigg and the former is also in good relations with Liadrin, I also don't think they will allow any violence in the area.
    In the end, former Alliance members always come back home. See : Dalaran, Stromgarde, Gilneas, Kul'Tiras, the Silver Hand.

If the Alliance is threatened, Khadgar will not favor a faction that comitted 2 genocides. Also if you didn't know, Khadgar IS an Alliance member.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

3+ Year Old Account
    In the end, former Alliance members always come back home. See : Dalaran, Stromgarde, Gilneas, Kul'Tiras, the Silver Hand.

If the Alliance is threatened, Khadgar will not favor a faction that comitted 2 genocides. Also if you didn't know, Khadgar IS an Alliance member.
    eh, the Argent Crusade and the Kirin Tor didn't sanction the Horde during the peak of the Fourth War and while Sylvanas was still ruling; I don't think they will do it any moment now the Horde is ruled by a council
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    eh, the Argent Crusade and the Kirin Tor didn't sanction the Horde during the peak of the Fourth War and while Sylvanas was still ruling; I don't think they will do it any moment now the Horde is ruled by a council
    We know the Horde can commit genocides and destroy cities without any consequences just to not upset Horde players. That's not new.
    Ofc the Kirin tor did not move because Blizzard doesn't care.
    Even the Alliance did not care. Sylvanas is gone? All is forgiven!
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

We know the Horde can commit genocides and destroy cities without any consequences just to not upset Horde players. That's not new.
    Ofc the Kirin tor did not move because Blizzard doesn't care.
    Even the Alliance did not care. Sylvanas is gone? All is forgiven!
    I mean neutral organizations have the conceit of their, well, neutrality, unlike the alliance that just keeps forgetting. The AC and KT are neutral not just because they are above petty squabbles, but because of necessity; neutrality is a political compromise for these factions that have to maintain good relationships with both factions in order to subsist -like they rely heavily in horde and alliance infrastructure and resources- they are minor political players contrasted to the Horde and Alliance, they really can't afford to antagonize either.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    Alleria's skills a diplomacy leave a lot to be desired to be honest

It's kind of hilarous actually that shes been uninvolved/missing (although was Ranger-Captain even held in that high regard in Quel'Thalas in the first place?) in the geopolitical affairs of Quel'thalas for decades (centries long from her perspective) and immediately tries to assert herself in the affairs of the kingdom as some kind of force of change after presumably having her sister give her a history lesson (and i'll assume Vereesa left out the whole purge of dalaran thing) shes hilarously out of touch with the people of Quel'thalas (not to mention the Void Lords whispering in her head).
    Alleria is a skilled diplomat. She attempted to bring Theron into the Alliance at the end of Legion, and would have succeeded if this game was not built on a 2 facti-- err, if Jaina had not purged Dalaran. Which Alleria could not have known. Liadrin did not bother to tell Alleria what truly happened while they were on the Vindicaar, which means that Alleria's only source of information was her sister Vereesa.

Alleria was held in very high regard in Thalassian society. During the Second War, she was the main Thalassian figure fighting for the Alliance. She took part in all major battles of the war, no other Thalassian did. It is therefore not a surprise that Alleria is praised by the Thalassians as a war hero and legend. Theron, despite knowing the danger posed by the Void, could not bring himself to deny Alleria one last visit to the Sunwell, because she is that respected as a war hero.

But is Alleria really out of touch with the people of Quel'thalas, when they literally tried to rejoin the Alliance just 2-3 years before Legion?

And let us not forget that the Sin'dorei are not the only people of Quel'thalas. She is definitely NOT out of touch with the Quel'dorei and the Ren'dorei (whom she saved from a grim fate and whom she directly leads).
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-12-20 at 10:32 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

gee I wonder where Umbric was within years 20 to 26 when no help from the Alliance came to Quel'thalas and they had to fend for themselves alone from the Scourge, Amani, and Wretched. Vereesa's feelings have no bearing considering she was never there for the Blood Elves on those times
    We don't know anything from Umbric's past, but as he was a blood and magister of Silvermoon, he was probably in Quel'thalas or Outland (maybe former Sunfury). Shortly after his transformation, he has a speech that he and his group were never really happy with Quel'thalas becoming part of the Horde.

You know, there may be more thalassians who love their homeland and might question the Horde. After all, what have Horde done for blood elves in recent years? It is clear Horde use thalassian resources for their own conflicts and offer almost nothing in return. Halduron had to invite Vereesa and her rangers during Amani crisis, specificaly stating his rangers are not available, so that means they had to fight somewhere else. Ghostlands are still overrun by undead to this day and with Forsaken presence greatly weakened in Northern EK and Sylvanas turning traitor, we don't know what support elves get from the Horde these days.

gee I wonder where Umbric was within years 20 to 26 when no help from the Alliance came to Quel'thalas and they had to fend for themselves alone from the Scourge, Amani, and Wretched. Vereesa's feelings have no bearing considering she was never there for the Blood Elves on those times
    ... In Quel'Thalas?

Magister Umbric and his followers were exiled because they were deemed a threat to the Sunwell. Since they wield the Void, this means that conflict arose only after the Sunwell was purified by the Light at the end of TBC.

Which means that, in Years 20-26, Umbric and his followers were in Quel'Thalas, studying the Void and doing their duty.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I still can't believe some people genuinely wanted playable Broken instead of Void elves. Like, look at this trash:

Sorry guys, but people want to play beautiful humanoid races, not ugly monsters. It's like that in 2020, it was like that in 2017, it was like that in 2004, and it will remain like that in 2030. That's why they went for Blood elves instead of Goblin or Ogres in TBC. Void elves were the right decision.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-12-21 at 11:51 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    ... In Quel'Thalas?

Magister Umbric and his followers were exiled because they were deemed a threat to the Sunwell. Since they wield the Void, this means that conflict arose only after the Sunwell was purified by the Light at the end of TBC.

Which means that, in Years 20-26, Umbric and his followers were in Quel'Thalas, studying the Void and doing their duty.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I still can't believe some people genuinely wanted playable Broken instead of Void elves. Like, look at this trash:

Sorry guys, but people want to play beautiful humanoid races, not ugly monsters. It's like that in 2020, it was like that in 2017, it was like that in 2004, and it will remain like that in 2030. That's why they went for Blood elves instead of Goblin or Ogres in TBC. Void elves were the right decision.
    I'm still convinced that they originally planned on making Lightforged Elves and Void Broken, until the script got flipped somewhere along the way. This is why Void Elves use the Argussian Reach faction instead of their own and also why Blood Elves had gold eyes waiting for them randomly in BFA (they just gave the unfinished Lightforged Elf options to Blood Elves).

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I'm still convinced that they originally planned on making Lightforged Elves and Void Broken, until the script got flipped somewhere along the way. This is why Void Elves use the Argussian Reach faction instead of their own and also why Blood Elves had gold eyes waiting for them randomly in BFA (they just gave the unfinished Lightforged Elf options to Blood Elves).
    The rep faction means nothing. The Dark Irons and Mag'har are unlocked through 7th Legion and Honorbound reputation, it doesn't mean that they are affiliated with those factions. In Mac'aree, Alleria Windrunner defied the shadows' whispers and became the first Ren'dorei, and the rep faction associated with Mac'aree is the Argussian Reach, so it just makes sense to tie the Ren'dorei with that reputation faction. There's no deeper meaning.

If the Broken were planned as the allied race instead of the Void elves, it's safe to say that we would've at least seen one female broken, but they are all men on Argus. That female model on the pic is fan-made. The fact that the Broken on Argus are all male proves that Blizzard never planned to have Broken instead of Void elves.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ... In Quel'Thalas?

- - - Updated - - -

Look past your selfish view and look at the bigger picture.

Broken dreanei are unique and many people wanted them. Instead we got was a rip off blood elf a race wich was already playable and half arsed as well. You think its weird people dont like void elves?

There is a different side and that is this.. then just your view. Anyway you never respond and only when it suit you. No wonder no one takes you serious anymore.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-12-22 at 02:37 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    ... In Quel'Thalas?

Umbric was in Quel'thalas!

Then he should have known better than Rommath, the Scryers, or the Illidari or anyone who was not in Silvermoon that the Alliance left them for themselves and abandoned them, and they will do so again when the Alliance has no more use for the Thalassians

Umbric was in Quel'thalas!

Then he should have known better than Rommath, the Scryers, or the Illidari or anyone who was not in Silvermoon that the Alliance left them for themselves and abandoned them, and they will do so again when the Alliance has no more use for the Thalassians
    The Alliance didn't leave them for themselves nor abandon them, you do understand they had their own wars to fight, right? Lordaeron was literally engulfed by the undead, Stormwind was 3 subcontinents away and had to deal with the Defias revolution, and Kul Tiras was so secluded that they thought Jaina had died, they didn't even know Theramore existed...

Umbric, like any sane person, would realize that the Alliance was in no position to help them, and that no one could have prepared for the massive Scourge invasion throughout the northern kingdoms.

Stop acting like the Alliance is opportunistic and evil, they have literally never ditch an ally when they were no longer "useful", in fact it was the Quel'dorei who left the Alliance after THEY thought the Alliance was no longer useful to their survival.

That looks cool. Not sure what you are moaning about.

- - - Updated - - -

The rep faction means nothing. The Dark Irons and Mag'har are unlocked through 7th Legion and Honorbound reputation, it doesn't mean that they are affiliated with those factions.
    That would be because Mag'har weren't planned to start with. They were made just to have something to go with Dark Irons when Blizzard decided that giving Alliance Dark Irons and Horde Zandalari was maybe a bit lopsided.

3+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance didn't leave them for themselves nor abandon them, you do understand they had their own wars to fight, right? Lordaeron was literally engulfed by the undead, Stormwind was 3 subcontinents away and had to deal with the Defias revolution, and Kul Tiras was so secluded that they thought Jaina had died, they didn't even know Theramore existed...

Umbric, like any sane person, would realize that the Alliance was in no position to help them, and that no one could have prepared for the massive Scourge invasion throughout the northern kingdoms.

Stop acting like the Alliance is opportunistic and evil, they have literally never ditch an ally when they were no longer "useful", in fact it was the Quel'dorei who left the Alliance after THEY thought the Alliance was no longer useful to their survival.
    I mean if the Grand Alliance can send forces to Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands back in Classic/Vanilla they can also do so to Ghostlands and Eversong

I mean if the Grand Alliance can send forces to Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands back in Classic/Vanilla they can also do so to Ghostlands and Eversong
    Or maybe they couldn't send forces to Quel'Thalas precisely because they had already sent forces to those places (I don't remember then ever sending an army to Eatern Plaguelands either). A rising Old God and the Lich King's mightiest general are far bigger problems than helping the Thalassian elves who, by that point, were not even on the verge of extinction anymore.

People have been wanting Broken as a playable race since TBC, personally I was hoping the Argus Krokul would led to something and was disapointed when we got Draenei+ with less class option and emo elves (personally i think Lightforged should have been extra customization options for regular Draenei and Void Elves & Argussian Krokul as allied races)

People liked Krokul as an allied race because they're a unique variation on an already existing race and they provide something far more interesting compared to the lightforged (different visuals and losing paladins to gain warlocks or rogues for instance)

Out of all the races i can think of maybe 4 that fit the conventionally attractive mold (Humans, Night Elves, Blood Elves, Void Elves) everything else either falls into the monstrous catergory, unconventionally attractive or cute territory and while they are the most popular that hasn't stopped blizzard from adding more monstrous, non-attractive or cute races.

personally majority of hatred I saw for Void Elves came from the people who wanted High Elves and weren't happy with getting void corrupted exiles instead of high elves, not from the people who wanted more monstrous or unconventional races.

People have been wanting Broken as a playable race since TBC, personally I was hoping the Argus Krokul would led to something and was disapointed when we got Draenei+ with less class option and emo elves (personally i think Lightforged should have been extra customization options for regular Draenei and Void Elves & Argussian Krokul as allied races)

People liked Krokul as an allied race because they're a unique variation on an already existing race and they provide something far more interesting compared to the lightforged (different visuals and losing paladins to gain warlocks or rogues for instance)
    Broken can be playable without sacrificing Void elves, these two races are not mutually exclusive. My problem is with people who think Broken should have replaced Void elves. That makes no sense. The Broken are Fel-corrupted mongrels, they lack the stamina and willpower to control the Void and resist the whispers like elves do. The only Broken NPC corrupted by the Void in the game (that I know of) was literally torn apart by that force to the point that half his body was mutilated.

(Humans, Night Elves, Blood Elves, Void Elves)
    Coincidentally, 3/4 of those races happen to be the 3 most popular races in the game, with Void elves not too far behind. Blizzard is just smart to do this. They know what people want, more than reddit users for certain.

Broken can be playable without sacrificing Void elves, these two races are not mutually exclusive. My problem is with people who think Broken should have replaced Void elves. That makes no sense. The Broken are Fel-corrupted mongrels, they lack the stamina and willpower to control the Void and resist the whispers like elves do. The only Broken NPC corrupted by the Void (that I know of) was literally torn apart by that force to the point that half his body was mutilated.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Nabiru Heres a Krokul who can free his brethern from the void which still leaves them touched by it's power https://www.wowhead.com/champion=105...-purged-krokul

Also i get that you like Elves but do you need to go into diatribes about how weak willed and inferior other races are compared to elves, thats just weird man.

Coincidentally, 3/4 races happen to be the 3 most popular races in the game, with Void elves not too far behind. Blizzard is just smart to do this. They know what people want, more than reddit users for certain.
    As i said just because attractive races are popular doesn't prevent non-conventionally attractive or monstrous races from being added, actually majority of races that have been added (including allied races) haven't fit the conventionally attractive mold.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Nabiru Heres a Krokul who can free his brethern from the void which still leaves them touched by it's power https://www.wowhead.com/champion=105...-purged-krokul
    You literally shot yourself in the foot by linking that. That Krokul "FREES" his brethren from the Void, so that they are NO longer "Void-TOUCHED" but become "Void-PURGED". As in, every single trace of Void in their body is literally purged, they are no longer touched by it.

That's literally the opposite of what the Ren'dorei are. They are mutated biologically by the Void, while those people are literally purged of its influences. As I was saying, they are the exact opposite.

It's not my fault if Blizzard decided that the elves are the only ones who can master the Void (alongside Locus-Walker, of course). Look! Observe the mastery that the broken have over the Void!

This is on top of all those broken you kindly linked above, who are corrupted and driven mad by the Void and need to be purged of its touch.

Tell me, when Alleria was blasted with the essence of a Dark Naaru, did half her body turn into that mutilated mess? Thought so.

I call the broken inferior because they are inferior compared to the Void elves, that's what the story showed. Why do you think they are called "Broken"?
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-12-22 at 06:19 PM.