1. #23301
    There's no fixing their introduction now, but I hope they will expand on the story with Locus Walker and the void ethereals that they just left us hanging on in Argus and with no further development in BFA.

  2. #23302
    Warchief Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,219
    doesn't matter now whether you think that Void Elves are asspulls or not; we can all agree that they're your High Elves now; please keep it civil and let's move on instead on theorycrafting or other High Elf related topics
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    (Alteraci Human thread in construction)

  3. #23303
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    I am speaking for myself and many other people. Everyone knows you love the Void Elves bub. I'm not getting into an argument about their legitimacy with you. A lot of people including me dislike them from a storytelling and/or world building perspective and that's that. I'm not criticizing you for liking them though!

    Every race has lore potential. But generally speaking people are more interested in those that were either already around such as Dark Iron Dwarves, Mag'har Orcs, Kul Tirans, or "come out swinging" in the sense that the expansion they debut in features plenty of accompanying lore to indulge in, such as the Nightborne (shame about their pitiful customization options though) and Highmountain Tauren (lame that they're just Tauren with moose antlers).
    No, not every race has lore potential.

    Pandaren have 0 lore potential, Gnomes have 0 lore potential, Vulpera have 0 lore potential.

    Void elves and LF Draenei have the most lore potential.

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    It's obvious why they are an asspull, it's been brought up multiple times even in this thread. It's obvious there is nothing that would convince a void elf fanboy that they are an asspull, so I'm not gonna bother.

    But they are an asspull and everyone who isn't in denial knows it.
    Shh, don't try, too late. You missed your chance.

  4. #23304
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

    Shh, don't try, too late. You missed your chance.
    Still in denial I see.

  5. #23305
    Mechagnome Sagenod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    No, not every race has lore potential.

    Pandaren have 0 lore potential, Gnomes have 0 lore potential, Vulpera have 0 lore potential.

    Void elves and LF Draenei have the most lore potential.
    Subjective take. Your opinion is none of my business. I mean it's a stupid one to have, but believe whatever you want to believe. It's clear to me that everything must fit within your very specific parameters for you to even discuss it i.e. Void Elves and Alleria Windrunner.

    I said it in another thread and I'll say it here: Your inability to discuss anything other than the aforementioned race and character is tiresome. And considering how obstinate you are about it, no wonder you get banned every month. You lack perspective, friendo.
    Check out the Drakonaar, my playable race concept! (WIP -- Looking for artists)


  6. #23306
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Subjective take. Your opinion is none of my business. I mean it's a stupid one to have, but believe whatever you want to believe. It's clear to me that everything must fit within your very specific parameters for you to even discuss it i.e. Void Elves and Alleria Windrunner.

    I said it in another thread and I'll say it here: Your inability to discuss anything other than the aforementioned race and character is tiresome. And considering how obstinate you are about it, no wonder you get banned every month. You lack perspective, friendo.
    It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

    Pandaren, gnomes, and vulpera have 10 fanboys in total, and 0 potential in the current storyline. There's a reason why Pandaren have been doing nothing since MOP. There is no interest for them, deal with it.

    Also I have been banned only once in like 6 months, try again. And that wouldn't make me wrong anyway.

  7. #23307
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    ... In Quel'Thalas?

    Magister Umbric and his followers were exiled because they were deemed a threat to the Sunwell. Since they wield the Void, this means that conflict arose only after the Sunwell was purified by the Light at the end of TBC.

    Which means that, in Years 20-26, Umbric and his followers were in Quel'Thalas, studying the Void and doing their duty.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, I still can't believe some people genuinely wanted playable Broken instead of Void elves. Like, look at this trash:

    [IMG]https://i.redd.it/lwfvovy4fl661.png[IMG]

    Sorry guys, but people want to play beautiful humanoid races, not ugly monsters. It's like that in 2020, it was like that in 2017, it was like that in 2004, and it will remain like that in 2030. That's why they went for Blood elves instead of Goblin or Ogres in TBC. Void elves were the right decision.
    They probably would have looked cooler in their heritage armor. We've got a variety of pleasant and monstrous races, it keeps things diverse. I'm mostly just sad we left them there to clean up the mess. I headcanon that, since we removed the source of the void energy corrupting Mac'aree and it had the least demons, they used the portal network we set up to go live there while the leftover demons fought for dominance of the surface. Coming back later remains an option, we did it for the mag'har.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  8. #23308
    Mechagnome Sagenod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

    Pandaren, gnomes, and vulpera have 10 fanboys in total, and 0 potential in the current storyline. There's a reason why Pandaren have been doing nothing since MOP. There is no interest for them, deal with it.

    Also I have been banned only once in like 6 months, try again. And that wouldn't make me wrong anyway.
    Sure the Pandaren don't have much going on, I'm not arguing with that. However, you seem not to understand what potential means. Narrative potential is about what could happen, not what is happening right now. By your standard, Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei don't have the most potential because thus far the Light vs Void conflict doesn't have much sway in the Shadowlands. Of course that may change, which is why the two races have potential. And they have potential for the same reason that any other race does: Warcraft is still being written. Quit trying to state your opinions as fact, it's ugly.

    As for the banning... I've seen that you've been banned enough to know that you have a problem engaging in discussion in a mature manner. I've always tried to approach what you say with an objective mindset, yet you don't afford me or anyone else the same respect. Your extremism in your viewpoints is childish and your unwillingness to discuss anything without your Void Elf/Alleria bias is frustrating. I will not take part in your argument.
    Check out the Drakonaar, my playable race concept! (WIP -- Looking for artists)


  9. #23309
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Sure the Pandaren don't have much going on, I'm not arguing with that. However, you seem not to understand what potential means. Narrative potential is about what could happen, not what is happening right now. By your standard, Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei don't have the most potential because thus far the Light vs Void conflict doesn't have much sway in the Shadowlands. Of course that may change, which is why the two races have potential. And they have potential for the same reason that any other race does: Warcraft is still being written. Quit trying to state your opinions as fact, it's ugly.

    As for the banning... I've seen that you've been banned enough to know that you have a problem engaging in discussion in a mature manner. I've always tried to approach what you say with an objective mindset, yet you don't afford me or anyone else the same respect. Your extremism in your viewpoints is childish and your unwillingness to discuss anything without your Void Elf/Alleria bias is frustrating. I will not take part in your argument.
    I mean, Shadowlands is clearly a filler expansion before the main cosmic showdown though, so who cares. The Void elves have more potential than all of the Covenants combined, because they'll become irrelevant come the next expansion.

    And No, someone being banned doesn't mean anything. It's not exactly a secret that mods on this forum are Horde-biased and aren't good at their job. But I can't even blame them, because they aren't getting paid at all. I wouldn't give a shit either if I were doing this for free.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-01-01 at 04:20 PM.

  10. #23310
    I'm one of those people who just need more "high elf" customization options for the void elves.

    I need natural hair colors, more hairstyles (no tentacles) and / or an option that cancels or activates the tentacles and new jewelry.
    Options shared with blood elves, ear sizes, eyebrow sizes, face / body tattoos and the choice of gold, silver and copper for jewelry.
    I think Blizzard should be aware of this because these requests are often said on all forums or twitter for example.
    All of these additions would make a lot of people very happy. <3

    Hopefully the customization options for Allied Races will be announced at Blizzconline, it's soon.

  11. #23311
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    I'm one of those people who just need more "high elf" customization options for the void elves.

    I need natural hair colors, more hairstyles (no tentacles) and / or an option that cancels or activates the tentacles and new jewelry.
    Options shared with blood elves, ear sizes, eyebrow sizes, face / body tattoos and the choice of gold, silver and copper for jewelry.
    I think Blizzard should be aware of this because these requests are often said on all forums or twitter for example.
    All of these additions would make a lot of people very happy. <3

    Hopefully the customization options for Allied Races will be announced at Blizzconline, it's soon.
    I wanna be optimist and think we are going to get AR customizations soon at Blizzconline, but I still think we might not get anything on that during SL :/

    But I really wanna be wrong about that.

  12. #23312
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I wanna be optimist and think we are going to get AR customizations soon at Blizzconline, but I still think we might not get anything on that during SL :/

    But I really wanna be wrong about that.
    Yes it is possible that it happens during SL or after, the racial armor is the example.

  13. #23313
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I wanna be optimist and think we are going to get AR customizations soon at Blizzconline, but I still think we might not get anything on that during SL :/

    But I really wanna be wrong about that.
    I'd be surprised if allied races didn't get any more customizations in SL. With that said, I would hope that Nightborne would be the first allied race to get new options. There may still be more I'd like for Void Elves, but Nightborne have been in a bad spot since release as far as I'm concerned, and really should be front of the line for allied race customization.

  14. #23314
    i think allied races probably might get more customization but i dont think Void elves will.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

  15. #23315
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i think allied races probably might get more customization but i dont think Void elves will.
    That would be odd, considering all VE's have gotten is reused textures serving as recolors.

    Even if they get none or very minimal texture work since they already use so many BE assets, they still should get more geometry as any other race should, and every other Core Race got.

    This seems unreasonably biased, why is that?

  16. #23316
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    That would be odd, considering all VE's have gotten is reused textures serving as recolors.

    Even if they get none or very minimal texture work since they already use so many BE assets, they still should get more geometry as any other race should, and every other Core Race got.

    This seems unreasonably biased, why is that?
    void elves got customization.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

  17. #23317
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    void elves got customization.
    But as I said, it's all texture work; if AR get customization, they would also get new geometry (jewelry, hairstyles, etc) so to single out VE's out of that, because they already have textures, seems unreasonable and illogical.

  18. #23318
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    15,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I never understood the complaint about the lack of "background" for the Void elves, and I never will, because it doesn't make sense.
    Let's look at all the other races that were introduced into the game prior to BfA, shall we?

    • Blood elves: two whole zones with a storyline that shows how they're struggling to live on after the destruction of the Sunwell, and fighting to control the Ghostlands to show the Horde their worth.
    • Draenei: two whole zones with a storyline that shows how they're basically derelict in an unknown world, working to fix the problems caused by their crashed ship in the isles and showing to the Alliance they're not the demons they initially were thought to be.
    • Goblins: two whole zones with a storyline that shows the race's fall from glory by a rampaging Deathwing, then having to survive in an unknown isle while fighting against a tyrant.
    • Worgen: two whole zones with a storyline that shows the humans from Gilneas facing an infestation of worgen, with many of their citizens falling prey to the curse, later having their minds restored but still struggle with the beast within.

    Now let's take a look at some of the races introduced in BfA, but before they were made playable:

    • Highmountain Tauren: An entire full zone with main story arcs and side-story arcs dedicated to the race during the Legion expansion.
    • Nigthborne: An entire full zone with main story arcs, side-stories and a raid during the Legion expansion.
    • Lightforged draenei: Minor support characters during the Argus questlines.
    • Mag'har: The entire half of the WoD expansion was centered around the mag'har orcs, and as a Horde, your whole Garrison was mag'har lore.
    • Dark Iron: Existed since vanilla WoW, and introduced into the Alliance during the Cataclysm expansion.
    • Zandalari: you follow their storyline in three zones, helping them rebuild their kingdom and fight a war.
    • Kul'tirans: you follow their storyline in three zones, helping them rebuild their kingdom and fight a war.

    And now let's look at void elves:

    • Void elves: literally did not exist before being made playable.

    Do you get it now why people complain about the VE's lack of background?
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  19. #23319
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    But as I said, it's all texture work; if AR get customization, they would also get new geometry (jewelry, hairstyles, etc) so to single out VE's out of that, because they already have textures, seems unreasonable and illogical.
    by that logic blood elves would have to get something too.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

  20. #23320
    Warchief Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    by that logic blood elves would have to get something too.
    yup! and we need more things for BE to make them stand out from VEs

    imo the fair skin is already enough for VEs, let the BEs keep their blonde hair
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    (Alteraci Human thread in construction)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •