Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Void elves have the most interesting lore potential out of any race, far more than any other allied race for certain.
    I can agree with this. The potential that Void Elves could have is one of the things I like about them and something I hope actually gets explored. It'd be a terrible shame if they were just left as they are by the wayside.

Alleria's transformation is foreshadowing that other elves can be caught up in that transformation process too.
    Alleria did not "get caught up" in a "transformation process" and does not constitute foreshadowing of Void Elves IMO. Alleria had void powers long before her encounter with L'ura. Alleria just gained the Entropic Embrace void form for the first time after consuming L'ura's power.

Umbric's group, on the other hand, were caught up in a process that was intended to turn them into Void Ethereals. That process was interrupted in the midst of the ritual and resulted in Umbric and his group being markedly different from Alleria, further distancing her from them as far as origin goes. Do they all qualify as Ren'dorei (children of the void)? I'd say so. But make no mistake, Alleria is not a Void Elf in the same way that Umbric is a Void Elf. Alleria did not undergo a transformation process, at least not in any way related to what happened to Umbric and his group. So to say her story was foreshadowing for Void Elves is a stretch to say the least.

Alleria acquired power over the void before the Argus story. Her encounter with L'ura merely increased that power. Umbric and his crew were forcibly transformed into something new by the interruption of a process that was never intended to turn them into what they currently are. How new Void Elves are coming into their power has yet to be answered and is part of what makes Void Elves feel lacking in foundational background. We lack lore defining what they are, how they are coming into their power, and why new elves are seeking them out to join them.

We can infer things by the presence of the Scholar and Wayfarer NPC's, and now the new customization options, but without any lore added by the devs, whether through in-game additions or outside-of-the-game media, we are left with only head canon conjecture. That makes Void Elves feel unfinished compared to other allied races and thus the "asspull" label is applied to them.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-01-01 at 04:05 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Speak for yourself, thank you. Void elves have the most interesting lore potential out of any race, far more than any other allied race for certain.

Alleria's transformation is foreshadowing that other elves can be caught up in that transformation process too.
    I am speaking for myself and many other people. Everyone knows you love the Void Elves bub. I'm not getting into an argument about their legitimacy with you. A lot of people including me dislike them from a storytelling and/or world building perspective and that's that. I'm not criticizing you for liking them though!

Every race has lore potential. But generally speaking people are more interested in those that were either already around such as Dark Iron Dwarves, Mag'har Orcs, Kul Tirans, or "come out swinging" in the sense that the expansion they debut in features plenty of accompanying lore to indulge in, such as the Nightborne (shame about their pitiful customization options though) and Highmountain Tauren (lame that they're just Tauren with moose antlers).
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2021-01-01 at 01:51 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Opinion aint facts as much as some one believes they are-.-

But yes broken are way cooler in my opinion and I always thought Hm, lf and ve are all wasted slots. No one asked for those realy.. I mean Ogres, Vrykul and broken are all way cooler and have atleast SOME backstory to get invested in.

As in void elves dont need a back story to be interesting.. well idk how the fans are holding out, but we all know it lacks and we all know they were massive asspull. Guys the only realy reason why they worked is because they use the blood elves sillouette and because high elves, no other deep reason or argument. Just that its that simple. I mean if they ended up being called vegan elf or sparkle elf and the alliance would still get the blood elf model on the alliance we would still be here having the same conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    I am speaking for myself and many other people. Everyone knows you love the Void Elves bub. I'm not getting into an argument about their legitimacy with you. A lot of people including me dislike them from a storytelling and/or world building perspective and that's that. I'm not criticizing you for liking them though!

Every race has lore potential. But generally speaking people are more interested in those that were either already around such as Dark Iron Dwarves, Mag'har Orcs, Kul Tirans, or "come out swinging" in the sense that the expansion they debut in features plenty of accompanying lore to indulge in, such as the Nightborne (shame about their pitiful customization options though) and Highmountain Tauren (lame that they're just Tauren with moose antlers).
    I agree with this, I also like the races more with some backstory. If you got nothing.. how can you invest, I mean not every one is into rp and headcanon.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-01-01 at 01:57 AM.

You couldn't explain how they are an "asspull", what happened to all that bravado? Pff, you're just like the rest. All you people can do is throw around buzzwords like "asspull", but when it comes to actually proving it, you chicken out.

I'm glad that you and your imaginary friends laugh at me, at least you are coping with the fact that I have Blizzard's support on my side, while you do not.

Maybe in 2021 one of you will finally be able to formulate a list of "arguments" as to why they are an "asspull", but I wouldn't bet on it. Until then, have a happy new year.
    It's obvious why they are an asspull, it's been brought up multiple times even in this thread. It's obvious there is nothing that would convince a void elf fanboy that they are an asspull, so I'm not gonna bother.

But they are an asspull and everyone who isn't in denial knows it.

There's no fixing their introduction now, but I hope they will expand on the story with Locus Walker and the void ethereals that they just left us hanging on in Argus and with no further development in BFA.

3+ Year Old Account
    doesn't matter now whether you think that Void Elves are asspulls or not; we can all agree that they're your High Elves now; please keep it civil and let's move on instead on theorycrafting or other High Elf related topics
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

No, not every race has lore potential.

Pandaren have 0 lore potential, Gnomes have 0 lore potential, Vulpera have 0 lore potential.

Void elves and LF Draenei have the most lore potential.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    It's obvious why they are an asspull, it's been brought up multiple times even in this thread. It's obvious there is nothing that would convince a void elf fanboy that they are an asspull, so I'm not gonna bother.

But they are an asspull and everyone who isn't in denial knows it.
    Shh, don't try, too late. You missed your chance.

Shh, don't try, too late. You missed your chance.
    Still in denial I see.

3+ Year Old Account
    No, not every race has lore potential.

Pandaren have 0 lore potential, Gnomes have 0 lore potential, Vulpera have 0 lore potential.

Void elves and LF Draenei have the most lore potential.
    Subjective take. Your opinion is none of my business. I mean it's a stupid one to have, but believe whatever you want to believe. It's clear to me that everything must fit within your very specific parameters for you to even discuss it i.e. Void Elves and Alleria Windrunner.

I said it in another thread and I'll say it here: Your inability to discuss anything other than the aforementioned race and character is tiresome. And considering how obstinate you are about it, no wonder you get banned every month. You lack perspective, friendo.

Subjective take. Your opinion is none of my business. I mean it's a stupid one to have, but believe whatever you want to believe. It's clear to me that everything must fit within your very specific parameters for you to even discuss it i.e. Void Elves and Alleria Windrunner.

I said it in another thread and I'll say it here: Your inability to discuss anything other than the aforementioned race and character is tiresome. And considering how obstinate you are about it, no wonder you get banned every month. You lack perspective, friendo.
    It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Pandaren, gnomes, and vulpera have 10 fanboys in total, and 0 potential in the current storyline. There's a reason why Pandaren have been doing nothing since MOP. There is no interest for them, deal with it.

Also I have been banned only once in like 6 months, try again. And that wouldn't make me wrong anyway.

... In Quel'Thalas?

Magister Umbric and his followers were exiled because they were deemed a threat to the Sunwell. Since they wield the Void, this means that conflict arose only after the Sunwell was purified by the Light at the end of TBC.

Which means that, in Years 20-26, Umbric and his followers were in Quel'Thalas, studying the Void and doing their duty.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I still can't believe some people genuinely wanted playable Broken instead of Void elves. Like, look at this trash:

[IMG]https://i.redd.it/lwfvovy4fl661.png[IMG]

Sorry guys, but people want to play beautiful humanoid races, not ugly monsters. It's like that in 2020, it was like that in 2017, it was like that in 2004, and it will remain like that in 2030. That's why they went for Blood elves instead of Goblin or Ogres in TBC. Void elves were the right decision.
    They probably would have looked cooler in their heritage armor. We've got a variety of pleasant and monstrous races, it keeps things diverse. I'm mostly just sad we left them there to clean up the mess. I headcanon that, since we removed the source of the void energy corrupting Mac'aree and it had the least demons, they used the portal network we set up to go live there while the leftover demons fought for dominance of the surface. Coming back later remains an option, we did it for the mag'har.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

3+ Year Old Account
    It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Pandaren, gnomes, and vulpera have 10 fanboys in total, and 0 potential in the current storyline. There's a reason why Pandaren have been doing nothing since MOP. There is no interest for them, deal with it.

Also I have been banned only once in like 6 months, try again. And that wouldn't make me wrong anyway.
    Sure the Pandaren don't have much going on, I'm not arguing with that. However, you seem not to understand what potential means. Narrative potential is about what could happen, not what is happening right now. By your standard, Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei don't have the most potential because thus far the Light vs Void conflict doesn't have much sway in the Shadowlands. Of course that may change, which is why the two races have potential. And they have potential for the same reason that any other race does: Warcraft is still being written. Quit trying to state your opinions as fact, it's ugly.

As for the banning... I've seen that you've been banned enough to know that you have a problem engaging in discussion in a mature manner. I've always tried to approach what you say with an objective mindset, yet you don't afford me or anyone else the same respect. Your extremism in your viewpoints is childish and your unwillingness to discuss anything without your Void Elf/Alleria bias is frustrating. I will not take part in your argument.

Sure the Pandaren don't have much going on, I'm not arguing with that. However, you seem not to understand what potential means. Narrative potential is about what could happen, not what is happening right now. By your standard, Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei don't have the most potential because thus far the Light vs Void conflict doesn't have much sway in the Shadowlands. Of course that may change, which is why the two races have potential. And they have potential for the same reason that any other race does: Warcraft is still being written. Quit trying to state your opinions as fact, it's ugly.

As for the banning... I've seen that you've been banned enough to know that you have a problem engaging in discussion in a mature manner. I've always tried to approach what you say with an objective mindset, yet you don't afford me or anyone else the same respect. Your extremism in your viewpoints is childish and your unwillingness to discuss anything without your Void Elf/Alleria bias is frustrating. I will not take part in your argument.
    I mean, Shadowlands is clearly a filler expansion before the main cosmic showdown though, so who cares. The Void elves have more potential than all of the Covenants combined, because they'll become irrelevant come the next expansion.

And No, someone being banned doesn't mean anything. It's not exactly a secret that mods on this forum are Horde-biased and aren't good at their job. But I can't even blame them, because they aren't getting paid at all. I wouldn't give a shit either if I were doing this for free.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-01-01 at 04:20 PM.

I'm one of those people who just need more "high elf" customization options for the void elves.

I need natural hair colors, more hairstyles (no tentacles) and / or an option that cancels or activates the tentacles and new jewelry.
    Options shared with blood elves, ear sizes, eyebrow sizes, face / body tattoos and the choice of gold, silver and copper for jewelry.
    I think Blizzard should be aware of this because these requests are often said on all forums or twitter for example.
    All of these additions would make a lot of people very happy. <3

Hopefully the customization options for Allied Races will be announced at Blizzconline, it's soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    I'm one of those people who just need more "high elf" customization options for the void elves.

I need natural hair colors, more hairstyles (no tentacles) and / or an option that cancels or activates the tentacles and new jewelry.
    Options shared with blood elves, ear sizes, eyebrow sizes, face / body tattoos and the choice of gold, silver and copper for jewelry.
    I think Blizzard should be aware of this because these requests are often said on all forums or twitter for example.
    All of these additions would make a lot of people very happy. <3

Hopefully the customization options for Allied Races will be announced at Blizzconline, it's soon.
    I wanna be optimist and think we are going to get AR customizations soon at Blizzconline, but I still think we might not get anything on that during SL :/

But I really wanna be wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I wanna be optimist and think we are going to get AR customizations soon at Blizzconline, but I still think we might not get anything on that during SL :/

Yes it is possible that it happens during SL or after, the racial armor is the example.

I'd be surprised if allied races didn't get any more customizations in SL. With that said, I would hope that Nightborne would be the first allied race to get new options. There may still be more I'd like for Void Elves, but Nightborne have been in a bad spot since release as far as I'm concerned, and really should be front of the line for allied race customization.

i think allied races probably might get more customization but i dont think Void elves will.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i think allied races probably might get more customization but i dont think Void elves will.
    That would be odd, considering all VE's have gotten is reused textures serving as recolors.

Even if they get none or very minimal texture work since they already use so many BE assets, they still should get more geometry as any other race should, and every other Core Race got.

This seems unreasonably biased, why is that?

That would be odd, considering all VE's have gotten is reused textures serving as recolors.

Even if they get none or very minimal texture work since they already use so many BE assets, they still should get more geometry as any other race should, and every other Core Race got.

This seems unreasonably biased, why is that?
    void elves got customization.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor