1. #23701
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Sure! what VE hairstyle do you have in mind?
    Omg sorry I didn't get on at all since yesterday seen this only now! From in-game hairstyles I'd like to see it on that same Scandal one, but if you were to make a hairstyle for us all I'd love to see a long, loose braid resting on the back man. Void elves don't have a single braid hairstyle atm! xxx

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinniel View Post
    I see, the khomyachki in this already completely dead thread continue to abuse the topic of the already deceased high elves in the game. Aren't you bored? The topic of customization of the void elves is in a separate thread about the void elves. Actiblizzard love money and for the sake of your desires, which finish off the lore, logic and adequacy of the once good - and now agonizing and degrading fantasy - already finally, they will add whatever you want.
    If I'm understanding this correctly, you are annoyed because we are making suggestions about Void elf features, like hairstyles and hair colors, instead of going to a separate thread about it because you feel this thread should only be about a separate High elf race.

    Ok, I will re-list the suggestions I made as a compromise a couple posts earlier about how the Void elves and High elves can be connected in the game without the need of adding a separate High elf race:

    - Void elves receive some more hairstyles and hair colors, and some void markings. The hairstyles will be graceful and lively, resembling High elven style, and will be x1 long, straight hair do with a side braid, and x1 long, loose braid resting on the back. The hair colors will be a natural blonde (different than the Blood elf one for the avoidance of confrontation), a white, a black, and maybe a pink. Combined with the already existing high elven eyes and skins, this will give a complete High elven look.

    - Void elves get either their Telogrus zone, or the Allerian Stronghold zone expanded in-game to a small Capital, where both Void elves and the Silver Covenant High elves will reside and roam together. The Capital will have beautiful void elven and high elven characteristics, with colors of blue and gold, purple and blue crystal decor and tall towers. The addition of the Capital will also include a nice storyline explaining when and how the silver covenant High elves decided to team up in one force with the Void elves and Alleria, and will also give a background story on the High elves and what they were up to until then (eg how they served the Alliance and confronted Elisande in Suramar, and how Vereesa embarked on an agonizing search for her sister Alleria in the midst of the Legion's invasion).

    Yes I know Void elves are not High elves in name, but they originate from Blood elves and thus High elves, as this is what Blood elves were before they renamed themselves. This makes Void elves actually High elves who underwent political and physical changes, but who are now embracing their High elf ancestry as well due to joining the Alliance again and reuniting with the Silver covenant. If Void elves are given those final hair touches, a small city of their own to share with High elves, and a lore to explain the reason for these, they will literally be High elves in all but name.

    Now, in a perfect, ideal world where Blizzard does not only care about money and the pro competitive gamers and actually pays attention to the casual playerbase and does not only care about dungeons and raids and actually gives a crap about lore, char customization and background stories, this may be done. But, speaking realistically my expectations are not high...

  2. #23702
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleann View Post
    - Void elves receive some more hairstyles and hair colors, and some void markings. The hairstyles will be graceful and lively, resembling High elven style, and will be x1 long, straight hair do with a side braid, and x1 long, loose braid resting on the back. The hair colors will be a natural blonde (different than the Blood elf one for the avoidance of confrontation), a white, a black, and maybe a pink. Combined with the already existing high elven eyes and skins, this will give a complete High elven look.

    - Void elves get either their Telogrus zone, or the Allerian Stronghold zone expanded in-game to a small Capital, where both Void elves and the Silver Covenant High elves will reside and roam together. The Capital will have beautiful void elven and high elven characteristics, with colors of blue and gold, purple and blue crystal decor and tall towers. The addition of the Capital will also include a nice storyline explaining when and how the silver covenant High elves decided to team up in one force with the Void elves and Alleria, and will also give a background story on the High elves and what they were up to until then (eg how they served the Alliance and confronted Elisande in Suramar, and how Vereesa embarked on an agonizing search for her sister Alleria in the midst of the Legion's invasion).

    Yes I know Void elves are not High elves in name, but they originate from Blood elves and thus High elves, as this is what Blood elves were before they renamed themselves. This makes Void elves actually High elves who underwent political and physical changes, but who are now embracing their High elf ancestry as well due to joining the Alliance again and reuniting with the Silver covenant. If Void elves are given those final hair touches, a small city of their own to share with High elves, and a lore to explain the reason for these, they will literally be High elves in all but name.

    Now, in a perfect, ideal world where Blizzard does not only care about money and the pro competitive gamers and actually pays attention to the casual playerbase and does not only care about dungeons and raids and actually gives a crap about lore, char customization and background stories, this may be done. But, speaking realistically my expectations are not high...
    As much as I'd like a lot of what you posted, I think some of it is a bit beyond what Blizzard would be willing to do.

    - Hairstyles & Haircolors. That's easy enough and well within reason.

    - Story elements. Having some Silver Covenant NPC's (and/or even Vereesa herself) present in Telogrus with some dialogue mentioning working together with the Ren'dorei and some Silver Covenant troops learning to master the void, is reasonable and relatively easy and quick to do.

    - Capital city. This is something I think goes beyond the scope of what Blizzard is willing to do for an allied race. Players of other allied races might expect the same and that's more work than I think Blizzard wants to do. There's also the fact that the whole high elf topic has generated a lot of fatigue after all this time. At best I think it's within reason to ask that Telogrus be made to look more like a base of operations with actual structures, and less like a refugee camp of a few tents on some floating rocks.

    The thing to keep in mind when brainstorming about the things you want, is that it's best to try to keep things within a perspective of what kind of time and resources it would take to make them happen. The devs primary concern is always going to be "how much does this cost us in time and money". Keeping that in mind, the things we ask for can be made more likely to be considered by the devs if they cost little of both to implement.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-02-18 at 04:53 PM.

  3. #23703
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinniel View Post
    I see, the khomyachki in this already completely dead thread continue to abuse the topic of the already deceased high elves in the game. Aren't you bored? The topic of customization of the void elves is in a separate thread about the void elves. Or write to the developers personally with a promise to dump them more bucks for add-ons ahead. Actiblizzard love money and for the sake of your desires, which finish off the lore, logic and adequacy of the once good - and now agonizing and degrading fantasy - already finally, they will add whatever you want. Pink-haired rendorei with uber-black or uber-white skins. Don't touch the high elves anymore and just let them rest, like the rest of the "boring" and "uninteresting" races in Warcraft, which have been screwed up.
    Considering some of us are into the idea of Void Elves and High Elves uniting, who do you think you are to have any authority to stop us from having that conversation? Please, leave your unwarranted arrogance somewhere else, because if all you are bringing is your whining about other people's ideas instead of presenting your own, then a discussion thread is not the place for you.

  4. #23704
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Considering some of us are into the idea of Void Elves and High Elves uniting, who do you think you are to have any authority to stop us from having that conversation? Please, leave your unwarranted arrogance somewhere else, because if all you are bringing is your whining about other people's ideas instead of presenting your own, then a discussion thread is not the place for you.
    That sounds so stupid, there are no High Elves left to reunite with the Void Elves. Learn the lore. There's only Blood Elves and Void Elves.

  5. #23705
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    That sounds so stupid, there are no High Elves left to reunite with the Void Elves. Learn the lore. There's only Blood Elves and Void Elves.
    Did you forget the Silver Covenant exists, didn't you?

  6. #23706
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Did you forget the Silver Covenant exists, didn't you?
    Sentinels, Farstriders, Silver Covenant and Dark Rangers all became one faction, the Unseen Path, in Legion

  7. #23707
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Sentinels, Farstriders, Silver Covenant and Dark Rangers all became one faction, the Unseen Path, in Legion
    So the Sentinels are no longer Night Elves because they joined the Unseen Path? are they no longer part of the alliance either? Is it crack what you are smoking?

  8. #23708
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Sentinels, Farstriders, Silver Covenant and Dark Rangers all became one faction, the Unseen Path, in Legion
    That's not how that works at all, they allied out of a shared desire not to see their planet invaded by space demons. After the Legion invasion ended they had no reason to continue being allied especially after the factions they swear alliegance to go to war, the Sentinels (including the ranger-general) were involved in the BFA war campaign, another example is the Blood Knights and Sunwalkers being on the Horde side during the Arathi Warfront and the Silver Hand (serving under Turalyon) being on the Alliance side in the same warfront.

    the Unseen Path, Silver Hand, Conclave, Tirisgarde, ect basically stopped existing as a united effort between the different factions respective hunter/paladin/priest/mage organization, with groups like the Silver Hand (which in Legion was the united order of the Blood Knights, Sunwalkers, Argent Dawn/Crusade and Hand of Argus) becoming an Alliance faction (per the Arathi warfront), only one thats implied to still be operating is the Uncrowned (and i think the conclave is still active in Before the Storm but we don't know if it stayed active during the Fourth War).

  9. #23709
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Learn the lore.
    Wait for it...

    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Sentinels, Farstriders, Silver Covenant and Dark Rangers all became one faction, the Unseen Path, in Legion
    LOL

  10. #23710
    Pit Lord Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,308
    I could've sworn the 7th Legion High Elves in the Battle for Stromgarde are from the Silver Covenant
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    (Alteraci Human thread in construction)

  11. #23711
    I believe that we can continue to keep the high-elf personalization request threads alive...

    https://www.wowhead.com/news=321033/...i-rewards-mega
    Last edited by Frenchvince; 2021-02-20 at 01:15 PM.

  12. #23712
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Honestly? if we are going for small cosmetic variance, I wouldn't give VE's any unique* Blood Elf hairstyles, instead would prefer new and unique ones; but for option's sake, I think they could inherit either Human or Night Elf hairstyles, also as a signifier of their cultural cohabitation/syncretism

    *There are some hairstyles that are shared between 2 or more races, so I do think that those -although most originating on Blood Elves- could be given to VE's since they are already shared with other alliance races. This isn't an exhaustive list, some hairstyles look very similar, but have different names; these are the ones that share both style and name.



    - - - Updated - - -



    Exactly this!
    That's fair.

    I'd also add in Vereesa's hair aswell as that is shared with the Human females.

    I agree with this though. Yes, add unique "void-like" hairstyles, but I think some of these (especially the hairstyles that Vereesa and Auric Sunchaser use), could be given to the Void Elves, so then it fully completes the "High Elf" aesthetic.

    As far as hair colours go, maybe some of the red hair colours should just remain with the Blood Elves, but then some blondes, greys, blacks and maybe even some new ones like a soft rose pink, could be added for Void Elves.

  13. #23713
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    That's fair.

    I'd also add in Vereesa's hair aswell as that is shared with the Human females.

    I agree with this though. Yes, add unique "void-like" hairstyles, but I think some of these (especially the hairstyles that Vereesa and Auric Sunchaser use), could be given to the Void Elves, so then it fully completes the "High Elf" aesthetic.

    As far as hair colours go, maybe some of the red hair colours should just remain with the Blood Elves, but then some blondes, greys, blacks and maybe even some new ones like a soft rose pink, could be added for Void Elves.
    As I have said previously with the Kul Tiran hair colors, I think VE's could overall just have different hair textures, in colors that feel less vibrant than BE's as a whole. I think I just like the idea that void does affect the hair color in a small way, and allows a small differentiation while still giving us options.

    As far customization goes, I am really not expecting anything during this expansion cycle, 10.x far more likely, last patch of Shadowlands at the earliest.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    Wait for it...

    LOL
    Just gotta love the lack of self awareness on the sort of people that say "learn the lore" It's always them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I could've sworn the 7th Legion High Elves in the Battle for Stromgarde are from the Silver Covenant
    Not "officially" -as in, they aren't tagged as such- but the 7th Legion Shield Mages look exactly the same than 7th Legion Battle Mages -and fulfill the same function- than the Skybreaker Shield Mages. And all of these we see in Northrend are faction tagged as either Silver Covenant or Valiance Expedition, it's only the ones in Arathi with ho faction tag, so canonically, they should be more likely Silver Covenant, since the Valiance Expedition has never appeared outside of Northrend.

  14. #23714

  15. #23715
    Well then..

    That's probably the kind of thing nobody ever expected. Not me, at least.

  16. #23716
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well then..

    That's probably the kind of thing nobody ever expected. Not me, at least.
    Don't worry, it will be a marketable selling point feature of another expansion. Why do stuff for free?

  17. #23717
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Don't worry, it will be a marketable selling point feature of another expansion. Why do stuff for free?
    Yep. Looks like customization is now the thing they'll hold hostage when they're bleeding subs.

  18. #23718
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yep. Looks like customization is now the thing they'll hold hostage when they're bleeding subs.
    It's the Classic play, withhold the things that are in highest demand, the longer they withhold the bigger the hype will be when it inevitably happens.

    Side note this is also how you know you're in a toxic relationship with somebody.

  19. #23719
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yep. Looks like customization is now the thing they'll hold hostage when they're bleeding subs.
    "We are so sorry we didn't add new customizations during Shadowlands, but get hyped because come 10.x you are getting more customization options!!! BUYYYYYY"

  20. #23720
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    "We are so sorry we didn't add new customizations during Shadowlands, but get hyped because come 10.x you are getting more customization options!!! BUYYYYYY"
    Its beyond pethatic.. its a core feature for gods sake!
    Its realy sad they had nothing to show altho they know ita highly requested. We gave enough feedback jeremy. Its an insult to all the people who took the effort. See my sig for more tears on this topic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •