1. #23761
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Draenei are my favorite Alliance race. I main a BE Dark Ranger on the Horde.

    Do you get that wanting to see more races being playable doesn't meant we don't play the others, right?

    Sis, some of us just think that the Alliance High Elves lore is neat and would like for it to be playable to a degree. It's not hard to understand other people find interesting some things you don't.

    Some people are still asking for High Elves as their own Allied Race, some of us kinda just want High Elves to merge with Void Elves and see where that goes. And if that gives us the option to look like a high elf -much like you can have an outland maghar even tho we only technically have draenor maghar- it's a win win.

    It's really not that hard to get, not even without your laughably reductive idea of what Void Elves SHOULD be. Which again, give that their leader is a blonde high elven looking mofo, it's just funny.
    Aww, well said fella.

  2. #23762
    I am Murloc! Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Get this in your head.
    How about you get it into yours that we're merely a hair color away?

    You talk as we don't already have players going around with their Void Elves lookin pretty close with 'blue eyes, white skin elves' as you put it.

    Btw here's my High Elf (Void Elf) character:



    But yeah keep going on about how High Elf fans simply wanted, "blonde hair, blue eyes, white skin elves"

  3. #23763
    According to game director Ion Hazzikostas:

    Blood Elves are pretty much High Elves... Void Elves are also pretty much another flavor of High Elves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BsxB4NJIBs
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-06-04 at 01:47 PM.

  4. #23764
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    According to game director Ion Hazzikostas:



    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BsxB4NJIBs
    Damn, its been a while.

    Every void elf is a high elf, but not every high elf is a void elf.

    Wait! Thats the new version!

    It was: Every Blood Elf is a High Elf, but not every High Elf is a Blood Elf.

    1200 pages though
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

  5. #23765
    I am Murloc! Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    You guys ruined the "Dark Elf" Fantasy by creating this....monster....called "Void elf". It was meant to be something new. And what did you do?....Create stupid threads of why my elf must look blonde, blue eyes and pink skin. For real guys, get your heads out of your ass. If you wanted so bad to play Blood Elves, just go Horde. There's no such thing in the alliance, and is still like that. I hope you never get that blonde hair, just to see you around in Stormwind walking with that purple/black hair that is so messy.

    PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU ELF FREAKS!.

    The alliance have so many awesome races, and you cant stop playing your female elves, so lame!

    Now you get the idea, of why you idiots + the ones of WoW General Forums ruined the Void elves?. Void elves have never been High Elves!!!. NEVER!. They are Blood elves turned by the Void. In resume: Dark Elves.....You asked Blizzard for the WRONG FEATURES. WRONG HAIR COLOR, WRONG EYE COLOR WRONG SKIN COLOR.
    Not sure what made you go on such an easily observable tirade but I hope you find peace. Doesn't seem like you're really here for a discussion as you are talking past what I just posted - a dark skinned elf.

    It used to be people would say "I hope they never give you guys fair skin elves" now we're at a single hair color - I call that progress.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Damn, its been a while.

    Every void elf is a high elf, but not every high elf is a void elf.

    Wait! Thats the new version!

    It was: Every Blood Elf is a High Elf, but not every High Elf is a Blood Elf.

    1200 pages though
    Your avatar is making me want to try out TBC Classic!

  6. #23766
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    You guys ruined the "Dark Elf" Fantasy by creating this....monster....called "Void elf". It was meant to be something new. And what did you do?....Create stupid threads of why my elf must look blonde, blue eyes and pink skin. For real guys, get your heads out of your ass. If you wanted so bad to play Blood Elves, just go Horde. There's no such thing in the alliance, and is still like that. I hope you never get that blonde hair, just to see you around in Stormwind walking with that purple/black hair that is so messy.

    PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU ELF FREAKS!.

    The alliance have so many awesome races, and you cant stop playing your female elves, so lame!

    Do you see this, this a Dark Elf fantasy race, not the monster we have now with blue eyes and pink skin:


    This is a Dark elf that actually looks amazing as a race. Is original, looks awesome and have its own lore. Void elves are garbage now (Thanks to you guys):


    - - - Updated - - -



    Ok...ok....let me explain that to you, so you get it as clear as water....

    High elves ARE NOT Void elves.

    They are completely different things. These are not the Elves we saw on Outland using blue uniform, these are not the elves we saw in Crystalsong Forest fighting the Blood elves. These are....Void Elves that used to be Blood elves:

    Quoted from (https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Void_elf):
    Their origins lie with a group of blood elves led by Magister Umbric who were exiled from Silvermoon City


    Now you get the idea, of why you idiots + the ones of WoW General Forums ruined the Void elves?. Void elves have never been High Elves!!!. NEVER!. They are Blood elves turned by the Void. In resume: Dark Elves.....You asked Blizzard for the WRONG FEATURES. WRONG HAIR COLOR, WRONG EYE COLOR WRONG SKIN COLOR.
    The Nightborne were unequivocally and obviously greenlit as a Dark Elf race. All of their features and every element of their culture seems far more fitting for Dark Elves than Void Elves, which are kind of their own thing.

  7. #23767
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Blood Elves are "Fel elves"...That is why they have the "Green Eyes". High Elves are pure and normal elves, without 0 modifications, 0 corruption. They even behave different than Blood elves.

    No, Void Elves are not High Elves, they are not Quel'dorei, They are Shal'dorei changed into Ren'dorei.

    Please....Stop trying to make the Void elves, High elves. They are not and never will. And just like your portrait, is disgusting. Pink skin with black void hair looks super stupid.

    Here is some ideas from other games of what the "Void Elves" should have been:



    High Elves are not any of this. Is a completely different race.
    The middle image has pink skin.

    Also, they're Sin'Dorei - Blood Elves - not Shal'Dorei. Those are the actual Dark Elves of WoW - the Nightborne.

  8. #23768
    Ely canon art director of the game says high elves are now custum of blood elves and void elves. If you play with a blue eyed blood/void elf you are a high elf

  9. #23769
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Ely canon art director of the game says high elves are now custum of blood elves and void elves. If you play with a blue eyed blood/void elf you are a high elf
    Um, no. Belves and helves are all high elves, blue eyes or not. High Elf = Thalassian Elf.

    That being said, belves remain the pure elves that helfers wanted LMAO.

  10. #23770
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,210
    Blood elves are boring. Blizzard completely destroyed this race by turning the blood elves into long eared humans in the Horde.

    I'm looking forward more interractions between void and high elves. Please Blizzard.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  11. #23771
    You are not a dev. Devs says the high elved are costum for blood and void elves

  12. #23772
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    This is the reason, why i think people don't pay attention to the WoW lore and how wrong they are. All these elves are different from each other, with different culture and trails. High elves are not Blood elves and they are not void elves or Nightborne or Night elves.

    If Blizzard is lazy and dont create a specific model for each of the allied races its up to them. But Void elves are not High elves and both of them are not Blood elves.

    - - - Updated - - -



    What we need is "REAL" High elves, so people stop crying to change the Void Elves into something that they are not.

    Here is the lore of Quel'dorei:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/High_elf

    Please, read and learn the difference.
    ---------------------

    Do we need more and more pages on this Thread for you guys to understand the difference between a Void elf and a High Elf?

    Are we going to make Orcs looks exactly like the Mag'har ones, just because people want to change their skin color to brown?....Or you now understand why this change would be wrong?

    Do you understand that the Void elves are a completely different than a High elf?....One is Nature/Magic and the other is Void/Magic.
    So, you essentially want Blizzard to instead make a third race with the same design, skeleton, and background lore? Although this thread initially was very sensible, given they had clear distinctions in aesthetic and identity, Blizzard has since highly blurred the line in terms of characterization and appearance by giving Void Elves fair skin.

    Furthermore, you've also been drawing an arbitrary line between Blood Elves and High Elves. For one, the political differences are even less vast than those between Stormwind Humans and Kul Tiran Humans. Their culture is from the same origin, save that the High Elves would likely only represent the military end of the Blood Elven society (which still exists as part of aforementioned Blood Elven culture). Although the ideas presented in this thread are quite good, I don't see the reason why you need to force the idea. Besides, High Elves have never had much nature association except in Warcraft 2 - afterwards, most of those were ported (including Druids) to the Night Elves, who are now the nature-themed Elves. The only thematic distinction between High Elves and Blood Elves is that the former mostly consists of military personnel and refugees whilst the latter is the established government of the society. Even fel consumption no longer represents a facet of Blood Elven society, and both High Elves and Blood Elves seem to be using the Sunwell without issue. Although this may have been interrupted by the war, it seems like there is an increased degree of High Elf-Blood Elf relations now.

    Finally, why are you so anal about this? Everyone else has taken this as a fun suggestion, and most have even bent over when they realized they could just make the Void Elves work out for High Elves in general. You seem to be one of the only people who isn't sufficiently pleased with a few customization options and letting roleplay do the rest.

    Besides, it's not as if there's some kind of magical cross-contamination happening the moment that the lines are blurred - otherwise, as you said, it would have destroyed Blood Elven identity to give them blue eyes. Besides, they are the same culture and species, anyway - they're just a political distinction formed by a split that is no longer that relevant which has since evolved into faction choice, which doesn't influence much of the culture of either. I'd honestly like to see High Elves, too, since they do have somewhat of a distinct aesthetic which I legitimately like, but you don't seem to understand the appeal and are taking these fictional Elves too seriously relative to the discussion at hand.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    High Elf = Pure elf, that came from Kalimdor to live in Quel'thalas. And lived from the Sunwell to feed their magic needs. The live both in the forest and cities. Highly related to Magic and Nature. Bow users and sword warriors in light armor. They served the alliance with priests, sorcerors and hunter/warriors. Still working with the Alliance.

    Blood Elf = Corrupted elves, that started to feed on Fel magic to feed their thirst for magic, changing them in the process...making them more aggressive, giving them green eyes instead of blue, some facial features are more sharp and more aggressive looking. They now use forbidden magic like the Warlocks do. Powerful spell casters. They rejected the Alliance and joined the Horde.
    That distinction is totally incorrect. Like objectively. Nothing you just said is remotely correct. Blood Elves are no longer the "forbidden magic" Elves, and High Elves are not the only "pure" Elves. Both Blood Elves and High Elves represent two facets of the same society. Blood Elves follow many similar norms of High Elven culture save that they now also have a reverence for the Light and more tolerance for the Fel. Add to that how many of the Blood Elves weren't consuming Fel magic - they were unwillingly impacted by their proximity to the crystals in Silvermoon. They are more victims of magic radiation than anything.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Dark elves in Neverwinter Nights used to do Black Magic and live in underground areas. Nightborne live in a big city, they abuse ARCANE magic and they are addicted to it.

    Blood elves use the Sunwell to feed on magic, also abuse magic and live in a city of gold.

    But Void elves....They live in a shadowy real of darkness, emptiness and nothing. In the middle of space. They feed on the void, dark energy from the cosmos. And they use Dark Magic to control the minds and inflict damage. They dont live in cities, they dont abuse magic....They are CONTROL, and cold way of thinking.

    High Elves lives in the forest and are highly connected to nature. They rarely use magic and because of that, they use Bows, Swords and Beast companions. They even have a home in Hinterlands and Eastern Plaguelands, near Stratholme. They are forest people. In Elder Scrolls they would be Wood Elves.

    Do you guys even read the lore, before asking for changes to Blizzard?. Pink skin on them, didnt made sense. And the blue eyes are stupid, they are corrupted to the core. The reason we see Blood elves with Blue eyes and Golden eyes is because they feed on the new Sunwell.
    That distinction is untrue and total nonsense. World of Warcraft doesn't need to be a 1:1 correlation with every other fantasy setting - it's the very uniqueness of the setting that sets it apart. Just because the Dark Elves here aren't like Dark Elves elsewhere doesn't make them not Dark Elves. Finally, I don't see how the hell the Dark Elves you described are in any way like the Void Elves.

    WoW isn't Neverwinter Nights. It's following vague archetypes, and Void Elves are kind of a unique thing. They're more of some kind of unique Lovecraftian/Star Elf than anything else. Nightborne are meant to be a reference to the Drow as a whole, with dark skin, white hair, associations with Spider-Elf hybrids, living in a society separated from the rest of the world (Drow by being underground, Nightborne were under a barrier), and a (formerly) unforgiving society of decadence.

  13. #23773
    Wiki is not a official source. Only devs information is oficial and canon.
    High elves now are costum of void elves and blood elves, devs says it

  14. #23774
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    And by reading all your points, is clear that you dont read the lore. Please proceed and read the lore provided by both Blizzard and many of their lore related pages. Because nothing you mention on that text wall makes sense at all.
    Nice way of abstracting "I didn't bother to read that, but I'll assume you're wrong". Provide evidence that anything I have said contradicts lore other than saying "read the lore".

    Unless you can provide a full argument against at least one of those points, preferably two or three, I can only assume from the evidence that you didn't bother to respond to something that was too long for your to read, or you did realize that I had a good point and you didn't want to go through the trouble of formulating a real response.

  15. #23775
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Official picture of a Blood elf male, with that distinctive aggressive looks after consuming Fel magic:


    Official picture of a High elf female, with delicate face features. And their elegant looks:


    Official picture of a Void elf female, with her purple colors and features that makes their void corruption.
    Broken link and nonsensical comparison nonetheless. Answer my previous points with reason. You can't enter an argument if you aren't willing to provide an actual argument. You've only been relying upon hearsay and refusing to defend your points adequately. You also rely on circumstantial evidence.

  16. #23776
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Sorry, i'm was unable to share it.

    Here is the webpage with the facial features of the Blood elves:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Fil...Glenn_Rane.jpg
    Distinction in physical appearance is insufficient. The distinction in appearance is also likely stylistic and cannot prove anything without lore in text supporting it due to the subtleties of the differences. Different characters are portrayed in a different light in different art pieces.

    Nonetheless, in this particular piece (https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20200716162408 - https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20120128125220), Lor'themar is also portrayed with the smooth features you are arguing are High Elven in nature. Even then, this is irrelevant to my prior points which you still have yet to address with an actual argument. Even discounting aesthetics, you have presented no evidence to the contrary to any of them, which actually makes you look uninformed rather than me. I do not need to "read the lore". Burden of proof falls on the one making the claim, and you need to find evidence (other than subjective inferences from art) supporting your claim.

  17. #23777
    Steve danuser principal narrative says custom are canon.
    High elves are customization now

  18. #23778
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Is resumen in a simple question: Horde Orcs: Is it correct to give them Brown Skin?

    - - - Updated - - -



    It doesnt make any sense what you are asking. This thread is ALL ABOUT THE LOOKS of the Void elves and how the player base want them to be High elves.
    Firstly, no, because they are not Mag'Har, who have an entirely distinct culture from the Orcs of Azeroth and a far more divergent history. Furthermore, there was far more content to produce from them and there were no other races using the Orc animations, thus meaning that it would not cause a relative degree of Orc spam. We have plenty of Elves.

    Add to this how the corruption of the Orcs is entirely different from that of the Mag'Har. Firstly, the culture of the Orcs has been shaped differently than the Elves, and secondly, the Orcs directly and willingly consumed Fel rather than simply being in its presence. The Orcs we know are shaped by an entirely different history from the Mag'Har.

    Secondly, it's not "all about the looks". You are skimming over a long period of preceding discussion, firstly, and secondly, what about the aesthetics of Void Elves and High Elves are totally incompatible? The Void Elves are led by a High Elf and (as loathe as I am to start sounding like Varodoc) they have a shared history with the other Elves of Quel'Thalas. They have minimal cultural identity at the moment which could well be merged with the existing High Elven identity. Furthermore, one could adequately replicate the appearance of a High Elf (as they are currently portrayed in-game) with a Void Elf save for a few hair colors, which is quite reason enough to support a little more.

  19. #23779
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    This is the reason, why i think people don't pay attention to the WoW lore and how wrong they are. All these elves are different from each other, with different culture and trails. High elves are not Blood elves and they are not void elves or Nightborne or Night elves.
    Traits and methods maybe, but culture? No, blood/high/void elves all have the same culture, they all have their clear Thalassian root, what different culture aspects there are miniscule, blood elves just wear red to remember the slaughter of their people.

    Not to mention blizzard is piss poor in fleshing out culture in general.

  20. #23780
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Here is your evidence, all the lore of WoW put together:
    High elf:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/High_elf
    Blood elf:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_elf
    Void elf:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Void_elf

    I already made it clear, all the political differences between the High elves and Blood elves. + Physical differences (Corruption effects) + Culture/Life style

    I'm not going to do your job, of reading all the lore for you. Read it and then give an opinion.
    I have read all of this, seemingly more than you have. You have clearly missed everything following Burning Crusade, given the extent to which you seem intent on confirming Blood Elves as the "Fel Elves". Furthermore, the physical differences you mentioned are absolutely not present save the eye color. None of them have more "vicious features" than High Elves in canon. In addition, the cultural differences between High Elves and Blood Elves are virtually nonexistent. Both originate from the culture of Quel'Thalas and both presently live in a similar society. Although the Blood Elves used to have a society based on keeping their refuge race alive at any cost, they no longer do. Now, they are more Light Elves than anything else, as they are reliant on a new Sunwell which blends the Arcane and Light.

    Now stop being evasive and form an actual argument based on anything more than circumstantial evidence and putting the burden of proof on the person you are trying to sway. Please learn basic argumentation skills before starting one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •