Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Um it is a biological term since it was the original term and the best one we got to classify all elves from quel'thalas.

Belf is the one that's just a name.

Velf isnt just a name for obvious reasons. Believing the opposite is just pure insanity.

And, "pure" high elves are playable, in the Horde. Not the Alliance. Even if you got blond hair on your velves. You're still a Velf through and through.

So LMAO, no you're not close at all.

Oops Bubble popped.

And no you're not "PLayInG a HIgH Elf ThAT uSes VOid" You're thinking of a Horde elf shadow priest.

No, you're playing a void abomination in an elf costume.

Source: Velf Racials, portrait mouse over, and heritage armor.
    It's like talking to a wall.

Like, do you understand that High Elf also denotes a specific subsection of "high elves". That's why I prefer the term "thalassian" because people like you seem to be utterly unable to understand the difference between high elf as the name of the the thalassian variant of elf, and High Elf, as a self denominational modern nomenclature that differentiates culturally and politically from blood elves.

As for the rest of your nonsense:

I mean his argument is ridiculous, imagine if all he kept saying was "Well Outland Maghar AREN'T actually playable, because we can play as Draenor Maghar, so checkmate!"
    Regardless of playability, High Elf fantasy has been a part of the alliance since the beginning of WoW, and no matter how much you cover your ears and go "la la la" that fact still remains.

"Void Elf (Playable Race)" is simply the closes available model to play that existing fantasy, and the moment you understand that simple fact, you will be able to let go of your pettyness.

Me? I wish we had more hair colors so my High Elves looked more like they are supposed to, but I'm also so glad that my High Elves that were always meant to have blue hair get it. Because again, the player model and race is just whatever is closer to the fantasy of our characters, and my high elf mage looks exactly like he should, and your tantrums don't change that.

And those players that like the idea of their High Elves using void? so good for them!

Jealousy is a disease, so get well soon!

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post

Like, do you understand that High Elf also denotes a specific subsection of "high elves". That's why I prefer the term "thalassian" because people like you seem to be utterly unable to understand the difference between high elf as the name of the the thalassian variant of elf, and High Elf, as a self denominational modern nomenclature that differentiates culturally and politically from blood elves.

Regardless of playability, High Elf fantasy has been a part of the alliance since the beginning of WoW, and no matter how much you cover your ears and go "la la la" that fact still remains.

"Void Elf (Playable Race)" is simply the closes available model to play that existing fantasy, and the moment you understand that simple fact, you will be able to let go of your pettyness.

Me? I wish we had more hair colors so my High Elves looked more like they are supposed to, but I'm also so glad that my High Elves that were always meant to have blue hair get it. Because again, the player model and race is just whatever is closer to the fantasy of our characters, and my high elf mage looks exactly like he should, and your tantrums don't change that.

And those players that like the idea of their High Elves using void? so good for them!

Mhmm, Last time I checked the vanilla High Elf fantasy didn't include spontaneously turning a deep void purple and creating kingdom hearts void portals in front of you. Not even shadow priests can do that.

Lol, keep lying to your self.

Those High Elves that you keep using, I'm aware of who they are, silver covenant vanilla elves.

Yeah, that's not what a velf is nor ever EVER will be. You could have the blondiest blond hair in the whole wide world. Sorry no dice.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-06-16 at 10:46 PM.

Mhmm, Last time I checked the vanilla High Elf fantasy didn't include spontaneously turning a deep void purple and creating kingdom hearts void portals in front of you. Not even shadow priests can do that.

Lol, keep lying to your self.

Those High Elves that you keep using, I'm aware of who they are, silver covenant vanilla elves.

Yeah, that's not what a velf is nor ever EVER will be. You could have the blondiest blond hair in the whole wide world. Sorry no dice.
    It's actually kind of a bummer how much this eats you inside. It gnaws at you in a way that you forget for a while but you can't help yourself coming back here, to tell people how they are TOTALLY NOT PLAYING HIGH ELVES.

Maybe you are right.

This guy is actually a half elf ;3 so I truly wish we get the shorter ears on the Void Elf model as well!

But yeah, I do hope that the VE model gets blonde and white hair, that way my high elves will look even closer like they do on their designs.

It's actually kind of a bummer how much this eats you inside. It gnaws at you in a way that you forget for a while but you can't help yourself coming back here, to tell people how they are TOTALLY NOT PLAYING HIGH ELVES.

Maybe you are right.

This guy is actually a half elf ;3 so I truly wish we get the shorter ears on the Void Elf model as well!

But yeah, I do hope that the VE model gets blonde and white hair, that way my high elves will look even closer like they do on their designs.
    Maybe? Not maybe. Mouse over your mage. I promise it won't say high elf. It definitely won't say half elf either....

Head cannon is just that. Head cannon.

Maybe? Not maybe. Mouse over your mage. I promise it won't say high elf. It definitely won't say half elf either....

Head cannon is just that. Head cannon.
    And you still don't get how that doesn't matter XD

(besides, there are literally addons for that JFC)

And you still don't get how that doesn't matter XD

(besides, there are literally addons for that JFC)
    Okay let me ask you this...

Let's say you had a friend who's new to wow. They ask what you play.

You seriously gonna say you're mage is a half elf....

No it gonna say you play a void elf and you just make believe you play a vanilla held because that's all I can do at this point. Though deep down you know exactly you're playing.

No it gonna say you play a void elf and you just make believe you play a vanilla held because that's all I can do at this point. Though deep down you know exactly you're playing.
    It's like you are unable to separate the limitations of the gameplay with your own, personal experience of your character.

Cause that literally happened to me, and you know what I said? "I play a VE character" and since he played a character that was just him, we really didn't talk about character backstories.

Neither I go "ACTUALLY THIS IS AN OUTLAND MAGHAR" on my orc JFC.

in my opinion someone who plays with a high elf in the alliance (customization) can say that his elf is a member of SC but is a member who in turn joined the void elves and uses the void, a high elf with void powers
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2021-06-16 at 11:48 PM.

It's like you are unable to separate the limitations of the gameplay with your own, personal experience of your character.

Cause that literally happened to me, and you know what I said? "I play a VE character" and since he played a character that was just him, we really didn't talk about character backstories.

Neither I go "ACTUALLY THIS IS AN OUTLAND MAGHAR" on my orc JFC.
    Well you shouldn't cuz that would also be factually incorrect. All player maghar are AU. Period.

But I see what's going on here.

You just play by your own head cannon.

I don't, I play with the actual truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    in my opinion someone who plays with a high elf in the alliance (customization) can say that his elf is a member of SC but is a member who in turn joined the void elves and uses the void
    You can say whatever you want! You can RP whatever experience you want! Your only issue is other people that don't accept that, and why would you care to interact with them?

You can perfectly roleplay as a High Elf, the lore is already there. You aren't using anything that isn't on the lore

Because even void weilding high elves are canonical (Alleria, Inanas)

You can say whatever you want! You can RP whatever experience you want! Your only issue is other people that don't accept that, and why would you care to interact with them?

You can perfectly roleplay as a High Elf, the lore is already there. You aren't using anything that isn't on the lore

Because even void weilding high elves are canonical (Alleria, Inanas)
    I totally agree that they are high elves and you can say that your high elf is for example a high elf from hinterlands! but who also joined the void elf faction. a high elf with void powers. we even see high elf in telogrus! it's more I support void elves with green eyes to represent the silvermoon scholar

7+ Year Old Account

It's insane how sensitive you feel about this O_O

All people will do is simply go "I play a velf but as a half-elf" it's no different from people who RPed their humans as high elves since the beginning of the game. Or whoever RPs their Mag'har as being from outland.

Btw Danuser himself already said what each player interprets of their own character is canon so it's absolutely pedantic to go around trying to clamor 'BuT AcKsHuLy'.

Like bruh if you're that offended I suggest taking a break from these forums or the game.

Same for WH dwarves, yeah it's not a new species of dwarf (no one has tried to claim that) but the customization options allow all those [mountain dwarves] players to claim being a WH dwarf and they can at the last show it due to customizations since that's what people see anyway -> tattooed dwarf = most likely identifies as WH.

Now do people use tattoos and proudly claim to play a mountain dwarf? Yes, and that's completely okay as well.

Just like on the Horde side you'll see Blood Elf players depicting themselves High Elves too despite the mouseover stating Blood Elf and heritage armor stating Blood Elf and all their /silly /flirt depicting Blood Elves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    It's insane how sensitive you feel about this O_O

All people will do is simply go "I play a velf but as a half-elf" it's no different from people who RPed their humans as high elves since the beginning of the game. Or whoever RPs their Mag'har as being from outland.

Btw Danuser himself already said what each player interprets of their own character is canon so it's absolutely pedantic to go around trying to clamor 'BuT AcKsHuLy'.

Like bruh if you're that offended I suggest taking a break from these forums or the game.

Same for WH dwarves, yeah it's not a new species of dwarf (no one has tried to claim that) but the customization options allow all those [mountain dwarves] players to claim being a WH dwarf and they can at the last show it due to customizations since that's what people see anyway -> tattooed dwarf = most likely identifies as WH.

Now do people use tattoos and proudly claim to play a mountain dwarf? Yes, and that's completely okay as well.

Just like on the Horde side you'll see Blood Elf players depicting themselves High Elves too despite the mouseover stating Blood Elf and heritage armor stating Blood Elf and all their /silly /flirt depicting Blood Elves too.

do you remember these guys in quelthalas? I can safely say that my high elf is one of them because they came back

I totally agree that they are high elves and you can say that your high elf is for example a high elf from hinterlands! but who also joined the void elf faction. a high elf with void powers. we even see high elf in telogrus! it's more I support void elves with green eyes to represent the silvermoon scholar
    Player models give you the opportunity to play whatever is on your imagination; at most, you will have issues with other people regarding only what's actually canon on the lore.

And high elves are totally an alliance race; they are also neutral, so you can play a high elf of the kirin tor with either a BE or a VE characters, beacuse you can make your characters reflect any aspects already on the lore. Having new skin tones on a VE just helps immersion.

Also, you can totally have dragon characters. Same thing: They are often on the guise of elves and other mortals in lore. Presto!

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You are assuming that.

Is it actually confirmed anywhere? We don't know if void elf features and connection don't pass to offspring. In the same way, we don't know if the worhen curse does too. You are assuming they dont, but the real answer is we don't know.

Unless theres some obscure lore i missed.
    It is an assumption regarding the void elves.

But it is not an assumption about the worgen.

We have a developer statement saying that the child of two worgen is a normal, uncursed human:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Can worgen reproduce naturally or only through a bite or blood? Would their child be a worgen or normal?

The worgen curse is exactly that: a curse. Its origins are rooted in the druidic "pack form" that was later altered by the Scythe of Elune. The end result is the worgen we see today, beings that can transmit their affliction to others via a single bite.
    In theory, if two worgen were to mate and produce an offspring, that offspring would not be a worgen. The child would merely possess the genetic material of his or her parents, like any other child sans the curse.

7+ Year Old Account

do you remember these guys in quelthalas? I can safely say that my high elf is one of them because they came back
    Yeah and that's fine to say that for your character. What Varx doesn't seem to understand is how people interpret their characters is up to that sole player and no one else - they even got Blizzard's blessing to behave that way as per Steve Danuser himself saying so.

- - - Updated - - -

Player models give you the opportunity to play whatever is on your imagination; at most, you will have issues with other people regarding only what's actually canon on the lore.

And high elves are totally an alliance race; they are also neutral, so you can play a high elf of the kirin tor with either a BE or a VE characters, beacuse you can make your characters reflect any aspects already on the lore. Having new skin tones on a VE just helps immersion.

Also, you can totally have dragon characters. Same thing: They are often on the guise of elves and other mortals in lore. Presto!
    -Chef's Kiss emoji-

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Yeah and that's fine to say that for your character. What Varx doesn't seem to understand is how people interpret their characters is up to that sole player and no one else - they even got Blizzard's blessing to behave that way as per Steve Danuser himself saying so.

- - - Updated - - -

-Chef's Kiss emoji-
    totally agree

Ah I see.

We're on two different wavelengths here. I'm just all about what's cannon while you guys are cool pretending your character is a dragon in humanoid form.

I mean why didn't you guys just say that. It's obvious why I'm adamant about my stance.

You guys can pretend w/e you want.

But I've read people actually believe to their core that they're playing a helf as a velf.

Ah I see.

We're on two different wavelengths here. I'm just all about what's cannon while you guys are cool pretending your character is a dragon in humanoid form.

I mean why didn't you guys just say that. It's obvious why I'm adamant about my stance.

You guys can pretend w/e you want.

But I've read people actually believe to their core that they're playing a helf as a velf.
    JFC, because whatever backstory you give your character is whatever you want!

It's like you are the kind of person that says "sorry your void elf can't have long hair because it's not a player customization option"

Do you understand that the player models are simply a set of customizations that you can make mean whatever you want? Or is your understanding of immersion that limited?

High Elves have been a part of the alliance since the beginning, they keep showing up. Using the VE model to portray that is just, being creative lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It is an assumption regarding the void elves.

But it is not an assumption about the worgen.

We have a developer statement saying that the child of two worgen is a normal, uncursed human:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Can worgen reproduce naturally or only through a bite or blood? Would their child be a worgen or normal?

The worgen curse is exactly that: a curse. Its origins are rooted in the druidic "pack form" that was later altered by the Scythe of Elune. The end result is the worgen we see today, beings that can transmit their affliction to others via a single bite.
    In theory, if two worgen were to mate and produce an offspring, that offspring would not be a worgen. The child would merely possess the genetic material of his or her parents, like any other child sans the curse.
    I'll forever hate that ask cdev answer though given how much Blizz retcons and how that answer came from 2 people not even at Blizz anymore over a decade ago I'll just pretend like it doesn't exist still.