1. #24161
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Like people said in the past, Blizzard would only cave in when the game would be dying, and they were right. But don't worry about the Blood Elves, it's not going to matter in 10.0 anyway when they'll make factions meaningless.
    If this year-long battle between warring groups of invested RP'ers can help with removing the faction barrier for raiding and M+ then I am all for that Alliance and Horde gets whatever version of elf that they want.

  2. #24162
    Since Void Elves and Nightborne were the two counterparts of each other released at the same time (and both ARs), it makes sense for Nightborne, not Blood Elves, to get things in exchange for Void Elves getting things. Which is apparently what is happening.

    Now if Night Elves got some new stuff, I'd fully expect their core counterpart Blood Elves to get a pass at the same time.

  3. #24163
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Since Void Elves and Nightborne were the two counterparts of each other released at the same time (and both ARs), it makes sense for Nightborne, not Blood Elves, to get things in exchange for Void Elves getting things. Which is apparently what is happening.

    Now if Night Elves got some new stuff, I'd fully expect their core counterpart Blood Elves to get a pass at the same time.
    Well - yes and no.

    The main focus for new customization is going to Nightborne and Lightforged Draenei.
    Void Elves are only getting a few "High Elf" based features.

    They aren't getting anything which is "void" related. I reckon those might come with the Highmountain Tauren updates.

  4. #24164
    Oh look, and to absolutely no one's surprise Void elves will also be getting natural hair options in the future. It's almost like being infused with the Void doesn't mean that you can't have blonde hair or dye your hair blonde:

    https://www.wowhead.com/news/5-natur...h-9-1-5-323871

    Dear friends united in the Ren'dorei, we keep winning!!

  5. #24165
    Finally, hair colors, after 10.000 years.

    All it took is about 50~% of playerbase leaving!
    Last edited by Flade; 2021-08-21 at 11:41 AM.

  6. #24166
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Rhlor is rightfully dismissing Warlocks because they never were a core part of Silvermoon society. The uptake of the practice was niche and small. The Warlock uptake has likely also been hindered when the Silvermoon authorities founded Keleen's shop and what he was doing. The Sanctum guild likely put under very heavy sanctions.

    I'd argue that we've already got the best and most suitable "Warlock" features on Blood Elves, through their green eyes. I can't think of anything more that makes sense and would work.

    You've got to remember that it was fel radiance throughout Quel'Thalas that turned their eyes green. It was not the Silvermoon populace gorging themselves on fel energy or fel magic. The Sunfury Blood Elves who later attacked Silvermoon, were the ones who had gorged themselves on fel magic.

    Now, as far as "Death" goes - again, if we go into it, the whole idea of "death" was something that affected the Elves when they still called themselves "High Elves." The only time we've seen raised Sin'dorei were those of the San'layn. Many Rangers and Warriors fell during the Third War and were raised into undeath, like Sylvanas, Velonara and Koltira.
    Perhaps the "death" theme is more related to the High Elves, than the Blood Elves as the main slaughter happened to Quel'dorei populace and the San'layn were just a portion of the Illidari armies, before Illidan retreated back to Outland.
    You're definitely right that most of risen elves were slain as high elves when they defended Quel'thalas from Scourge. I'd say their past life does not matter that much, or rather say their high elf identity, since most of the risen elves who are not strictly evil (e.g
    Scourge) appear to care about blood elf survivors and help defend Quel'thalas if able, in their own way. Sylvanas and her Dark Ranger used to patrol Ghostlands. Velonara also states she considers blood elves her people, so she still have feelings towards her nation. In that way, I can see undeath being a additional feature of blood elves. Definitely not dominant one, similarly how we see night elf highborne on the Alliance. They are there, they are part of the community, sometimes they do important stuff, but they are still somewhat accepted minority with complicated past who had to deal with prejudice from the majority.

    Also, Horde definitely should finaly have their Dark Ranger option available. Allied races would be probably the best way, but who knows if we ever see more allied races.

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Oh look, and to absolutely no one's surprise Void elves will also be getting natural hair options in the future. It's almost like being infused with the Void doesn't mean that you can't have blonde hair or dye your hair blonde:

    https://www.wowhead.com/news/5-natur...h-9-1-5-323871

    Dear friends united in the Ren'dorei, we keep winning!!
    Natural hair colors are nice indeed, give me "starcursed" hair textures and I'm happy to come back to the game.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2021-08-21 at 12:47 PM.

  7. #24167
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    They are still Blood Elves too, you choose them through the Blood Elf character customization.

    Same thing could be true for Dark Ranger/Undead Elf, since you can already choose and Undead Elf as a DK.
    Dark ranger new hero class?? for blood elves and night elves right? if is a new hero class and their own faction for me is fine

  8. #24168
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Natural hair colors are nice indeed, give me "starcursed" hair textures and I'm happy to come back to the game.
    By "Starcursed", do you mean something like this?







    (The second one is from League of Legends)

    Patience, it shall come in due time. I mean, it took them 3 years to give us fair skin customization options after all, despite the fact that the Ren'dorei leader retains her fair form, and so they should have been available right from the start...

  9. #24169
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Rhlor is rightfully dismissing Warlocks because they never were a core part of Silvermoon society. The uptake of the practice was niche and small. The Warlock uptake has likely also been hindered when the Silvermoon authorities founded Keleen's shop and what he was doing. The Sanctum guild likely put under very heavy sanctions.

    I'd argue that we've already got the best and most suitable "Warlock" features on Blood Elves, through their green eyes. I can't think of anything more that makes sense and would work.

    You've got to remember that it was fel radiance throughout Quel'Thalas that turned their eyes green. It was not the Silvermoon populace gorging themselves on fel energy or fel magic. The Sunfury Blood Elves who later attacked Silvermoon, were the ones who had gorged themselves on fel magic.

    Now, as far as "Death" goes - again, if we go into it, the whole idea of "death" was something that affected the Elves when they still called themselves "High Elves." The only time we've seen raised Sin'dorei were those of the San'layn. Many Rangers and Warriors fell during the Third War and were raised into undeath, like Sylvanas, Velonara and Koltira.
    Perhaps the "death" theme is more related to the High Elves, than the Blood Elves as the main slaughter happened to Quel'dorei populace and the San'layn were just a portion of the Illidari armies, before Illidan retreated back to Outland.
    do you know any warlock leaders who have been an important part of quelthalas society?

    Warlocks are a small minority in the lore, I wouldn't be surprised if many of them actually joined the original Rendorei.

    what I don't like is that they want to include undead theme. the undead are thematic of the forsaken no blood elf. elf customization for the forsaken I'm fine with it but not for the blood elves. we live in quelthalas the sunwell radiates light to us all the time!

  10. #24170
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    congratulations to the alliance players who wanted this so badly, but may blizz remember that horde players exist too and blood elves need beards, tattoos and scars
    I want everyone to get the options I want so I'm cheering for blood elves to get those things too! Though right now my interest is focused on what nightborne are going to get. >_> As one of the allied races with the poorest and smallest selection of options, I'm curious to see just how blizz addresses that. I really hope that it's not just a token number of skin and hair colors. They need so much more than that.

    My list for nightborne:

    * More faces - especially faces that look younger and ideally several with slanted eyes like the npcs. I'd say every face should have them but the faces they were released with are enjoyed by some and they shouldn't have their faces forcibly changed now.
    * More skin colors - even if they copy/paste all of them from night elves.
    * More hair colors - again copy them all from night elves if you have to.
    * More hair styles - rip some of the new ones from night elves but use the nightborne hair textures and use nightborne hair adornments where applicable
    * More eye colors - I've been told that there were datamined nightbonre eye colors prior to shadowlands that never got added... so add them!
    * More jewelry - for both males and females
    * Facial hair options - because the males have... none.

    In a perfect world I'd like to see the whole nightborne model get overhauled to look more like the npcs overall but the above seems more realistic given the time frame and amount of work involved.

  11. #24171
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    You're definitely right that most of risen elves were slain as high elves when they defended Quel'thalas from Scourge. I'd say their past life does not matter that much, or rather say their high elf identity, since most of the risen elves who are not strictly evil (e.g
    Scourge) appear to care about blood elf survivors and help defend Quel'thalas if able, in their own way. Sylvanas and her Dark Ranger used to patrol Ghostlands. Velonara also states she considers blood elves her people, so she still have feelings towards her nation. In that way, I can see undeath being a additional feature of blood elves. Definitely not dominant one, similarly how we see night elf highborne on the Alliance. They are there, they are part of the community, sometimes they do important stuff, but they are still somewhat accepted minority with complicated past who had to deal with prejudice from the majority.

    Also, Horde definitely should finaly have their Dark Ranger option available. Allied races would be probably the best way, but who knows if we ever see more allied races.



    Natural hair colors are nice indeed, give me "starcursed" hair textures and I'm happy to come back to the game.
    did you ever see dark ranger in quelthalas? never, because they were sylvanas loyalists. dark rangers were always forsaken and whenever you saw them it was in forsaken territory or serving their mistress sylvanas.
    dark ranger is forsaken theme even a human undead and undead night elf are dark ranger.

    It is not thematic blood elf. give me more light customization, magister and farstrider tattoos that's blood elf theme

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I want everyone to get the options I want so I'm cheering for blood elves to get those things too! Though right now my interest is focused on what nightborne are going to get. >_> As one of the allied races with the poorest and smallest selection of options, I'm curious to see just how blizz addresses that. I really hope that it's not just a token number of skin and hair colors. They need so much more than that.

    My list for nightborne:

    * More faces - especially faces that look younger and ideally several with slanted eyes like the npcs. I'd say every face should have them but the faces they were released with are enjoyed by some and they shouldn't have their faces forcibly changed now.
    * More skin colors - even if they copy/paste all of them from night elves.
    * More hair colors - again copy them all from night elves if you have to.
    * More hair styles - rip some of the new ones from night elves but use the nightborne hair textures and use nightborne hair adornments where applicable
    * More eye colors - I've been told that there were datamined nightbonre eye colors prior to shadowlands that never got added... so add them!
    * More jewelry - for both males and females
    * Facial hair options - because the males have... none.

    In a perfect world I'd like to see the whole nightborne model get overhauled to look more like the npcs overall but the above seems more realistic given the time frame and amount of work involved.
    obviously we all want more customization for the nightborne and also for the LF draenei. but this is not the nightborne thread so I am not talking about them here

  12. #24172
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    This is neat!

    But I think the race desperately needs more hairstyles than hair colors, not Blood Elves ones, just more options in general.

    VE Male hairstyles, for instance, are all terribad IMO.
    I like several of the void elf hairstyles but I do agree the selection is limited and I'd like to see more (non-blood elf) options in that regard. With that said, I'm not gonna barrage the devs about that right now. Not when I'm elated over getting the final missing piece of the high elf aesthetic.

    Yes yes, our racial tag will still say void elf but according to game director Ion Hazzikostas: "void elves are also pretty much another flavor of high elves". Looking the part counts for a lot though, and even those who aren't high elf-stans may find the new hair colors welcome to mix with the void aesthetic. Black and white hair colors is something people on both sides of the issue generally seem to agree that void elves should have had from the get go. Now it seems like they will get them!

  13. #24173
    You son of a bitch, they did it: They got me excited for the game by letting me become blonde lol.
    Hopefully they release it soon so I can play some WoW before the new FFXIV expansion; because nothing can beat bunnyboys

    If they add pink skin to LF Draenei in gonna freak out

  14. #24174
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    obviously we all want more customization for the nightborne and also for the LF draenei. but this is not the nightborne thread so I am not talking about them here
    I understand. Just know that me being happy about these hair colors doesn't mean I don't also want stuff for blood elves too! I hope you get the options you're looking for as well!

  15. #24175
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I understand. Just know that me being happy about these hair colors doesn't mean I don't also want stuff for blood elves too! I hope you get the options you're looking for as well!
    I do not think that it is asking much in fact more options light, tattoos and scars. having more beards would also be great

  16. #24176
    Blood elf players still coping now, or?

  17. #24177
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    do you know any warlock leaders who have been an important part of quelthalas society?

    Warlocks are a small minority in the lore, I wouldn't be surprised if many of them actually joined the original Rendorei.

    what I don't like is that they want to include undead theme. the undead are thematic of the forsaken no blood elf. elf customization for the forsaken I'm fine with it but not for the blood elves. we live in quelthalas the sunwell radiates light to us all the time!
    She wasn't a leader, but Shinfel Blightsworn was a Blood Elf Warlock who fought Cho'gall alongside the Horde.

    Aside from her, we only have the Archaeology trainer, Elynara, who is - for all intensive purposes - the only real known Blood Elf Warlock in Silvermoon.

    People need to separate the Sunfury Blood Elves from the Silvermoon Blood Elves. The former were the ones who did the whole "Warlock/Fel" thing and took it to the extremes. These are the "angry bad boy" blood elves that @ravenmoon likes.
    Silvermoon Blood Elves took up the practice of draining the magic out of living things...a questionable Arcane magical practice, not related to fel. In the main, Horde Blood Elves of Quel'Thalas, still remained as "Mages." Very few became Warlocks.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-08-21 at 02:15 PM.

  18. #24178
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    She wasn't a leader, but Shinfel Blightsworn was a Blood Elf Warlock who fought Cho'gall alongside the Horde.

    Aside from her, we only have the Archaeology trainer, Elynara, who is - for all intensive purposes - the only real known Blood Elf Warlock in Silvermoon.

    People need to separate the Sunfury Blood Elves from the Silvermoon Blood Elves. The former were the ones who did the whole "Warlock/Fel" thing and took it to the extremes. These are the "angry bad boy" blood elves that @ravenmoon likes.
    Silvermoon Blood Elves took up the practice of draining the magic out of living things...a questionable Arcane magical practice, not related to fel. In the main, Horde Blood Elves of Quel'Thalas, still remained as "Mages." Very few became Warlocks.
    and she is black harvest a nuetral faction

    but in any case I'm just saying that I want more customization that is thematic blood elf not something that is part of the forsaken

  19. #24179
    As I predicted, the official forums are starting to see comments such as:

    "They’ve caved to wishes for reasons, but they still haven’t changed the name of the race or anything."

    "You still can't be paladins"

    "No matter what you RP your race still says void elf"

  20. #24180
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    As I predicted, the official forums are starting to see comments such as:

    "They’ve caved to wishes for reasons, but they still haven’t changed the name of the race or anything."

    "You still can't be paladins"

    "No matter what you RP your race still says void elf"
    High Elf Paladins were rare at best.
    Most High Elves of the Light were mainly Priests (or Mage-Priests if one wishes to be technical about) but, Priests nonetheless.

    Only a few like Mehlar Dawnblade, were High Elf Paladin trainees.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •