1. #24241
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Blood elves should get dark ranger/San’layn/bloodfallen customizations, of course. Red eyes, white skin…Maybe even just open all the death knight specific options to all classes.
    undeath is not the theme of blood elves. blood elves should have magister and farstrider tattoos, also scars from surviving the scourge's invasion. of course more light customization.

    more customization for DK would be nice because they are their own faction

  2. #24242
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    undeath is not the theme of blood elves. blood elves should have magister and farstrider tattoos, also scars from surviving the scourge's invasion. of course more light customization.

    more customization for DK would be nice because they are their own faction

    Oh but none void options for V O I D elves is??? LMAO.

  3. #24243
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Huge win for high elf fans, we're getting hair colors
    https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic...customization/
    This is neat!

    But I think the race desperately needs more hairstyles than hair colors, not Blood Elves ones, just more options in general.

    VE Male hairstyles, for instance, are all terribad IMO.

  4. #24244
    if they want more customization that is part of its theme I think is right.

  5. #24245
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    This is neat!

    But I think the race desperately needs more hairstyles than hair colors, not Blood Elves ones, just more options in general.

    VE Male hairstyles, for instance, are all terribad IMO.


    What the race needs is more void corrupted options.

    Nzoth eyes, a tentacle arms, more hair tentacles, blotchy skin. Etc.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-08-21 at 03:57 AM.

  6. #24246
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Blood elves should get dark ranger/San’layn/bloodfallen customizations, of course. Red eyes, white skin…Maybe even just open all the death knight specific options to all classes.
    Yup. Red eyes, and unlocking the DK skins would be an efficient way of giving us that Dark Ranger/San'layn fantasy, which would be a good counterpart to the VE/HE option on Alliance.



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    red eyes? what?
    Red Eyes so Blood Elves can have BE/DR customization as counterpart as HE/VE

  7. #24247
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Yup. Red eyes, and unlocking the DK skins would be an efficient way of giving us that Dark Ranger/San'layn fantasy, which would be a good counterpart to the VE/HE option on Alliance.

    It would destroy what it means to be a blood elf. It would be turning blood elves into cannibal monsters something they are not.

    more customization to dk or elf customization for forsaken, but undeath is not thematic of blood elves.

    That they give us lightforged customization is much better, the light is an important part of the blood elves, the sunwell radiates light to us all the time.

  8. #24248
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    It would destroy what it means to be a blood elf. It would be turning blood elves into cannibal monsters something they are not.

    more customization to dk or elf customization for forsaken, but undeath is not thematic of blood elves.

    That they give us lightforged customization is much better, the light is an important part of the blood elves, the sunwell radiates light to us all the time.
    I get that you see Blood Elves as such, but that's just not accurate to the Blood Elves as a whole. You are dismissing Warlocks, you are dismissing Demon Hunters, you are dismissing Death Knights. They are all as much Blood Elves as the light worshiping ones.

    Don't be the kind of BE fan that only wants Blood Elves in their terms. You cannot dismiss the fact that Undeath is already part of the BE fantasy through Death Knights. Yes, more light based customization would be nice, but really don't be the sort of guy that gatekeeps the belonging of a race because it's not what you would like.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    That’s exactly what I’d be happy with. I want high elves, void is settling for the next best thing. So if I could get tentacle-less hair I’d be all in!
    Honestly the hair toggle would be such a crowd pleaser. I already did some edits to show how it would look, and it really looks cool on most hairstyles!

  9. #24249
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I get that you see Blood Elves as such, but that's just not accurate to the Blood Elves as a whole. You are dismissing Warlocks, you are dismissing Demon Hunters, you are dismissing Death Knights. They are all as much Blood Elves as the light worshiping ones.

    Don't be the kind of BE fan that only wants Blood Elves in their terms. You cannot dismiss the fact that Undeath is already part of the BE fantasy through Death Knights. Yes, more light based customization would be nice, but really don't be the sort of guy that gatekeeps the belonging of a race because it's not what you would like.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Honestly the hair toggle would be such a crowd pleaser. I already did some edits to show how it would look, and it really looks cool on most hairstyles!
    DK are their own faction and I agree that they give more customization to the DK the same with DH are their own faction and it would be great if they had more customization.

  10. #24250
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    It would destroy what it means to be a blood elf. It would be turning blood elves into cannibal monsters something they are not.

    more customization to dk or elf customization for forsaken, but undeath is not thematic of blood elves.

    That they give us lightforged customization is much better, the light is an important part of the blood elves, the sunwell radiates light to us all the time.
    Focusing on the Light theme would be great too and would probably help the Horde tie in to the inevitable Light versus Void expansion.

    You’re right that undeath isn’t a blood elf theme, but high elf isn’t a void elf theme either. It’s just a pseudo-subrace. It’s a way to get that fantasy into the players’ hands without making an allied race. It’s like adding the Wildhammers to the playable Bronzebeard dwarves.

  11. #24251
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    DK are their own faction and I agree that they give more customization to the DK the same with DH are their own faction and it would be great if they had more customization.
    They are still Blood Elves too, you choose them through the Blood Elf character customization.

    Same thing could be true for Dark Ranger/Undead Elf, since you can already choose and Undead Elf as a DK.

  12. #24252
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Huge win for high elf fans, we're getting hair colors
    https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic...customization/
    I woke up to this and I was like “wtf, random High Elf love? I’ll take it”
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

    At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

  13. #24253
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    What the race needs is more void corrupted options.

    Nzoth eyes, a tentacle arms, more hair tentacles, blotchy skin. Etc.
    But is that what people want?

    I mean, these customizations are like a "breaking glass" situation taking all the player base bleeding into account, back when the game was a huge success in Legion we only had "Voidier Elves".

    Like people said in the past, Blizzard would only cave in when the game would be dying, and they were right. But don't worry about the Blood Elves, it's not going to matter in 10.0 anyway when they'll make factions meaningless.

  14. #24254
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I get that you see Blood Elves as such, but that's just not accurate to the Blood Elves as a whole. You are dismissing Warlocks, you are dismissing Demon Hunters, you are dismissing Death Knights. They are all as much Blood Elves as the light worshiping ones.

    Don't be the kind of BE fan that only wants Blood Elves in their terms. You cannot dismiss the fact that Undeath is already part of the BE fantasy through Death Knights. Yes, more light based customization would be nice, but really don't be the sort of guy that gatekeeps the belonging of a race because it's not what you would like.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Honestly the hair toggle would be such a crowd pleaser. I already did some edits to show how it would look, and it really looks cool on most hairstyles!
    Rhlor is rightfully dismissing Warlocks because they never were a core part of Silvermoon society. The uptake of the practice was niche and small. The Warlock uptake has likely also been hindered when the Silvermoon authorities founded Keleen's shop and what he was doing. The Sanctum guild likely put under very heavy sanctions.

    I'd argue that we've already got the best and most suitable "Warlock" features on Blood Elves, through their green eyes. I can't think of anything more that makes sense and would work.

    You've got to remember that it was fel radiance throughout Quel'Thalas that turned their eyes green. It was not the Silvermoon populace gorging themselves on fel energy or fel magic. The Sunfury Blood Elves who later attacked Silvermoon, were the ones who had gorged themselves on fel magic.

    Now, as far as "Death" goes - again, if we go into it, the whole idea of "death" was something that affected the Elves when they still called themselves "High Elves." The only time we've seen raised Sin'dorei were those of the San'layn. Many Rangers and Warriors fell during the Third War and were raised into undeath, like Sylvanas, Velonara and Koltira.
    Perhaps the "death" theme is more related to the High Elves, than the Blood Elves as the main slaughter happened to Quel'dorei populace and the San'layn were just a portion of the Illidari armies, before Illidan retreated back to Outland.

  15. #24255
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Like people said in the past, Blizzard would only cave in when the game would be dying, and they were right. But don't worry about the Blood Elves, it's not going to matter in 10.0 anyway when they'll make factions meaningless.
    If this year-long battle between warring groups of invested RP'ers can help with removing the faction barrier for raiding and M+ then I am all for that Alliance and Horde gets whatever version of elf that they want.

  16. #24256
    Since Void Elves and Nightborne were the two counterparts of each other released at the same time (and both ARs), it makes sense for Nightborne, not Blood Elves, to get things in exchange for Void Elves getting things. Which is apparently what is happening.

    Now if Night Elves got some new stuff, I'd fully expect their core counterpart Blood Elves to get a pass at the same time.

  17. #24257
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Since Void Elves and Nightborne were the two counterparts of each other released at the same time (and both ARs), it makes sense for Nightborne, not Blood Elves, to get things in exchange for Void Elves getting things. Which is apparently what is happening.

    Now if Night Elves got some new stuff, I'd fully expect their core counterpart Blood Elves to get a pass at the same time.
    Well - yes and no.

    The main focus for new customization is going to Nightborne and Lightforged Draenei.
    Void Elves are only getting a few "High Elf" based features.

    They aren't getting anything which is "void" related. I reckon those might come with the Highmountain Tauren updates.

  18. #24258
    Oh look, and to absolutely no one's surprise Void elves will also be getting natural hair options in the future. It's almost like being infused with the Void doesn't mean that you can't have blonde hair or dye your hair blonde:

    https://www.wowhead.com/news/5-natur...h-9-1-5-323871

    Dear friends united in the Ren'dorei, we keep winning!!

  19. #24259
    Finally, hair colors, after 10.000 years.

    All it took is about 50~% of playerbase leaving!
    Last edited by Flade; 2021-08-21 at 11:41 AM.

  20. #24260
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Rhlor is rightfully dismissing Warlocks because they never were a core part of Silvermoon society. The uptake of the practice was niche and small. The Warlock uptake has likely also been hindered when the Silvermoon authorities founded Keleen's shop and what he was doing. The Sanctum guild likely put under very heavy sanctions.

    I'd argue that we've already got the best and most suitable "Warlock" features on Blood Elves, through their green eyes. I can't think of anything more that makes sense and would work.

    You've got to remember that it was fel radiance throughout Quel'Thalas that turned their eyes green. It was not the Silvermoon populace gorging themselves on fel energy or fel magic. The Sunfury Blood Elves who later attacked Silvermoon, were the ones who had gorged themselves on fel magic.

    Now, as far as "Death" goes - again, if we go into it, the whole idea of "death" was something that affected the Elves when they still called themselves "High Elves." The only time we've seen raised Sin'dorei were those of the San'layn. Many Rangers and Warriors fell during the Third War and were raised into undeath, like Sylvanas, Velonara and Koltira.
    Perhaps the "death" theme is more related to the High Elves, than the Blood Elves as the main slaughter happened to Quel'dorei populace and the San'layn were just a portion of the Illidari armies, before Illidan retreated back to Outland.
    You're definitely right that most of risen elves were slain as high elves when they defended Quel'thalas from Scourge. I'd say their past life does not matter that much, or rather say their high elf identity, since most of the risen elves who are not strictly evil (e.g
    Scourge) appear to care about blood elf survivors and help defend Quel'thalas if able, in their own way. Sylvanas and her Dark Ranger used to patrol Ghostlands. Velonara also states she considers blood elves her people, so she still have feelings towards her nation. In that way, I can see undeath being a additional feature of blood elves. Definitely not dominant one, similarly how we see night elf highborne on the Alliance. They are there, they are part of the community, sometimes they do important stuff, but they are still somewhat accepted minority with complicated past who had to deal with prejudice from the majority.

    Also, Horde definitely should finaly have their Dark Ranger option available. Allied races would be probably the best way, but who knows if we ever see more allied races.

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Oh look, and to absolutely no one's surprise Void elves will also be getting natural hair options in the future. It's almost like being infused with the Void doesn't mean that you can't have blonde hair or dye your hair blonde:

    https://www.wowhead.com/news/5-natur...h-9-1-5-323871

    Dear friends united in the Ren'dorei, we keep winning!!
    Natural hair colors are nice indeed, give me "starcursed" hair textures and I'm happy to come back to the game.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2021-08-21 at 12:47 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •