1. #24301
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    re-read the short story they were upset that the lorthemar made quelthalas join the horde. they are very angry because nathanos (that moment member of the horde) was attacking them.
    But whatever happened to them, they used a corrupted source of magic and became wretched. the few survivors are now not hostile to the horde
    Gameplay reasons.

    The entire zone was made neutral back in Cataclysm and Quel'Lithien was an Alliance zone, so Blizzard had to find an excuse to make them neutral/hostile to everyone.

    That's why he's neutral to you even if your faction sacked his homeland and killed any High elf it could back in Vanilla.

    On the other side, Quel'Danil, is still an Alliance territory, and your "Blue-eyed high elf of da Horde" is killed at sight by... high elves living there.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  2. #24302
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Fate in the Light existed, but was not as important as today. You misinterpret Vandellor's importance. He was foster father of Liadrin, so he was important for her, but claiming he was one of the most important people in Quel'thalas is a stretch. He is not even confirmed to be part of Convocation of Silvermoon.

    Blood elves today wants to go to the direction they were pre-Third War, but there are things that changed forever. It will never be the same. Don't forget that use of Fel is still evident in Silvermoon, as was mentioned by Mathias Shaw in the Eastern Kingdoms book. Also blood knights and paladins are now important part of the society, which were almost non existent pre-Third War.



    He certainly has a thing for Auric Sunchaser and other Allerian elves, who were the ones who denied their king in the past, left their homeland with Alleria to help the Alliance fight of the Horde.

    In order for blood elves to get back to pre-Third War state, they would need to:

    - Crown a king of noble bloodline.
    - Leave Horde, isolate themselves and care only about their own affairs
    - Abandon blood knight/paladin and warlock training, since such practises were not common among Quel'dorei and only handful individuals delved into.
    - Kill all orcs and trolls on sight for attacking Quel'thalas in the past
    Mehlar was a paladin befor the invasion.
    Blood elves kill the trolls that they kill all time the amani
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2021-06-18 at 08:53 AM.

  3. #24303
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    to be fair I actually see nothing wrong with Rhlor's narrative, it's not like he wants to take away a huge/major Alliance team and bring it to the Horde
    What's the alliance have to do with any of this tho? My issues are about the dismissal of what the Blood Elves have gone through and how they were changed, I really can't respect that sort of opinion; I would actually be more understanding if he actually wanted all the high elves to return to Quel'thalas. I just loathe that people that claim to love Blood Elves would strip them bare of their identity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    You are totally wrong I love the blood elves and I love their characters I love liadrin, lorthemar (the best racial leader of the horde), I love rommath (he is great) and halduron.

    ever read blood of the highborne? faith in the light has always existed in quelthalas high priest Vandellor (liadrin's father) was one of the most important people in quelthalas. Liadrin now as a worshiper of light simply went back to who she was.

    it is true that the government of quel'thalas takes the necessary measures to protect quelthalas. like being part of the horde and looking for new powers that can be useful as the reliquary does.
    but that does not change that life in quelthalas is returning to normal that people are recovering their lives as they were before the invasion that things are going back to the way they were.
    and it is obvious that quelthalas will keep their traditions alive and their lifestyle is why they fought so hard to save their kingdom and all that it is.
    Honestly the kindest, and at the same time most pretentious, thing I can say is that you don't get Blood Elves. It actually bothers me when people that claim to like them completely invalidate their racial identity.

    -Holy Light Worship wasn't a cornerstone of High Elves culture as it is of Blood Elves culture; for one, the freaking Sunwell didn't use to be made half of light. Blood Elves now have a major militant branch of holy, zealous warriors that didn't exist before the Third War. Like come on dude, the cultural shifts literally are part of the gameplay and the lore and you simply dismiss them because "Blood Elves are just like how High Elves used to be" FFS

    -You keep assuming that "things are going back to normal" as if rebuilding MEANS going back to the way thinsg were instead of finding a new normal. Seeing how literally so many aspects of Thalassian culture have changed, it's nonsense to pretend the new normal is the same than the old one.

    -You seem to have no idea what it means for a people to evolve culturally.

  4. #24304
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    to be fair that's the closest thing we can get for non-SC High Elves for the Horde; and I believe at least some of the Allerians can return to Silvermoon after Kael'thas' treachery was exposed and he was defeated
    Theloria dreamt the back quelthalas.
    Roseleth want to help the blood elves and she return azeroth
    Auric says that all are childrens of silvermoon.

  5. #24305
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Sorry but your point lacks any kind of depth, choosing to ensure the survival of ones people is not really a cultural trait
    As if it weren't utterly shortsighted to claim that a whole civilization changing their morals in order to survive -adapt- wouldn't have any sort of long lasting and even permanent effects in their culture.

    We literally see how Fel continues to be openly practiced, we see how the light rose in prominence, we see how they abandoned their isolation tendencies, and somehow those aren't major cultural shifts?

    Tell me what is a genuine cultural difference between a high elf and a blood elf, something that truly sets them apart, just because high elves chose to be the equivalent of anti vaxxers does not mean there is a great cultural divide.
    High elves aren't shown to be nearly as zealous in the ways of the light as the blood knights are; the only HE group described as light worshiping, and anti magic, are the Highvale, in a very woodsy way.

    High Elves don't practice fel magic as openly as blood elves.

    Highvale elves literally shun magic.

    High Elves have begun to assimilate into humanity. Elisande literally calls them out as peasants that dilute their bloodline.

    Yet all of this misses the point; it's not about how different they are, but about how their differences have set them apart in a course that will keep moving them farther and farther away as a people. For all the cultural shifts BE's have went, the modern High Elves have moved even further away with their assimilation into humanity.

    The WHOLE POINT is that neither of them is a true reflection of Pre Third War High Elves, they have both moved into different paths, they both have had major cultural shifts. But Noooo, there's no great cultural divide.

    Being more pragmatic, is most certainly not a big cultural difference, especially if we consider the high elves did it out of moral reasons and later embracing similar methods and embracing the void thus rendering the whole thing utterly moot.
    Ah, the void, which is completely anathema to Blood Elf culture that has double down on light worship because the Sunwell is now made of light. How the hell can't you see as yet another obvious bifurcation between the both of them is beyond me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Theloria dreamt the back quelthalas.
    Roseleth want to help the blood elves and she return azeroth
    Auric says that all are childrens of silvermoon.
    Theloria shows disgust for the choices the BE's made, Ros'eleth wants to help fix theiur addiction. How do any of those read to you "Yes, I will gladly rejoin the Blood Elves"

    Auric is literally a neutral representative for all elfdom, his whole point is that he wants equal access for all elves, regardless of faction allegiance.

    And you claim he would join the Horde *facepalm*

  6. #24306
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    As if it weren't utterly shortsighted to claim that a whole civilization changing their morals in order to survive -adapt- wouldn't have any sort of long lasting and even permanent effects in their culture.
    So far there is nothing to indicate it, they are pretty much the same as they were before.

    We literally see how Fel continues to be openly practiced, we see how the light rose in prominence, we see how they abandoned their isolation tendencies, and somehow those aren't major cultural shifts?
    These are all things high elves do as well.



    High elves aren't shown to be nearly as zealous in the ways of the light as the blood knights are; the only HE group described as light worshiping, and anti magic, are the Highvale, in a very woodsy way.
    That is not big enough of a distinction, people of the same culture can even have entirely different religions and would still be counted among that cultural group

    High Elves don't practice fel magic as openly as blood elves.
    They still practice it

    Highvale elves literally shun magic.
    Most high elves don't

    High Elves have begun to assimilate into humanity. Elisande literally calls them out as peasants that dilute their bloodline.
    What you bang rarely defines ones culture, intermingling isn't taboo among the blood elves.

    Yet all of this misses the point; it's not about how different they are, but about how their differences have set them apart in a course that will keep moving them farther and farther away as a people. For all the cultural shifts BE's have went, the modern High Elves have moved even further away with their assimilation into humanity.
    What sets them apart is minuscule, the high elves have yet to display anything that would show a different culture.

    The WHOLE POINT is that neither of them is a true reflection of Pre Third War High Elves, they have both moved into different paths, they both have had major cultural shifts. But Noooo, there's no great cultural divide.
    The night elf empire banning arcane the core of their culture was a big cultural shift, what the thalassians have done has ultimately barely changed the core aspects of their culture.


    Ah, the void, which is completely anathema to Blood Elf culture that has double down on light worship because the Sunwell is now made of light. How the hell can't you see as yet another obvious bifurcation between the both of them is beyond me.
    And still the void elves revere the sunwell as a holy site.
    Last edited by Combatbulter; 2021-06-18 at 09:21 AM.

  7. #24307
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Mehlar was a paladin befor the invasion.
    Blood elves kill the trolls that they kill all time the amani
    Mehlar is the only known high elf paladin. Quel'dorei did not have any paladin organisation. That was created by Liadrin by the time they were already blood elves.

    There are number of elves who like to kill trolls. Any kind of trolls, even after they joined Horde... Because trolls were notorious for killing elves for centuries.

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Paelarin

  8. #24308
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    What's the alliance have to do with any of this tho? My issues are about the dismissal of what the Blood Elves have gone through and how they were changed, I really can't respect that sort of opinion; I would actually be more understanding if he actually wanted all the high elves to return to Quel'thalas. I just loathe that people that claim to love Blood Elves would strip them bare of their identity.



    Honestly the kindest, and at the same time most pretentious, thing I can say is that you don't get Blood Elves. It actually bothers me when people that claim to like them completely invalidate their racial identity.

    -Holy Light Worship wasn't a cornerstone of High Elves culture as it is of Blood Elves culture; for one, the freaking Sunwell didn't use to be made half of light. Blood Elves now have a major militant branch of holy, zealous warriors that didn't exist before the Third War. Like come on dude, the cultural shifts literally are part of the gameplay and the lore and you simply dismiss them because "Blood Elves are just like how High Elves used to be" FFS

    -You keep assuming that "things are going back to normal" as if rebuilding MEANS going back to the way thinsg were instead of finding a new normal. Seeing how literally so many aspects of Thalassian culture have changed, it's nonsense to pretend the new normal is the same than the old one.

    -You seem to have no idea what it means for a people to evolve culturally.
    For me the identity of what it means to be a blood elf is to be a patriot, who fights desperately to save his country from dstruction and that he is willing give his life to save his homeland
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2021-06-18 at 09:31 AM.

  9. #24309
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    So far there is nothing to indicate it, they are pretty much the same as they were before.



    These are all things high elves do as well.





    That is not big enough of a distinction, people of the same culture can even have entirely different religions and would still be counted among that cultural group



    They still practice it



    Most high elves don't



    What you bang rarely defines ones culture, intermingling isn't taboo among the blood elves.



    What sets them apart is minuscule, the high elves have yet to display anything that would show a different culture.



    The night elf empire banning arcane the core of their culture was a big cultural shift, what the thalassians have done has ultimately barely changed the core aspects of their culture.




    And still the void elves revere the sunwell as a holy site.
    Honestly the fact that you don't see the huge red flag of Elisande treating the Blood Elves and High Elves so differently as anything major or of note is just hilarious by itself.

    Like yeah you can misread everything to deny there's a notorious cultural shift -because surprise, even living in separate communities leads to compounding cultural shifts, like the Highvale you so glibly dismissed-

    And that's the thing, if you keep dismissing the facts because you don't like them, so, eh? Can't do much really. If the fact that Blood Elves and High Eves keep obviously diverging is something you cannot see, then it's literally not on me.

  10. #24310
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    As if it weren't utterly shortsighted to claim that a whole civilization changing their morals in order to survive -adapt- wouldn't have any sort of long lasting and even permanent effects in their culture.

    We literally see how Fel continues to be openly practiced, we see how the light rose in prominence, we see how they abandoned their isolation tendencies, and somehow those aren't major cultural shifts?



    High elves aren't shown to be nearly as zealous in the ways of the light as the blood knights are; the only HE group described as light worshiping, and anti magic, are the Highvale, in a very woodsy way.

    High Elves don't practice fel magic as openly as blood elves.

    Highvale elves literally shun magic.

    High Elves have begun to assimilate into humanity. Elisande literally calls them out as peasants that dilute their bloodline.

    Yet all of this misses the point; it's not about how different they are, but about how their differences have set them apart in a course that will keep moving them farther and farther away as a people. For all the cultural shifts BE's have went, the modern High Elves have moved even further away with their assimilation into humanity.

    The WHOLE POINT is that neither of them is a true reflection of Pre Third War High Elves, they have both moved into different paths, they both have had major cultural shifts. But Noooo, there's no great cultural divide.



    Ah, the void, which is completely anathema to Blood Elf culture that has double down on light worship because the Sunwell is now made of light. How the hell can't you see as yet another obvious bifurcation between the both of them is beyond me.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Theloria shows disgust for the choices the BE's made, Ros'eleth wants to help fix theiur addiction. How do any of those read to you "Yes, I will gladly rejoin the Blood Elves"

    Auric is literally a neutral representative for all elfdom, his whole point is that he wants equal access for all elves, regardless of faction allegiance.

    And you claim he would join the Horde *facepalm*
    Theloria shows sadness because she think all blood elves are followers of kael, but the blood elvez of quelthalas the home that she wanted back fight against kael.
    Auric also says they must be united to avenge the destruction of sunwell and quelthalas
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2021-06-18 at 09:36 AM.

  11. #24311
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    For me the ifentity of what it means to be a blood elf is to be a patriot, who fights desperately to save his country from dstruction and that he is willing give his life to save his homeland.
    It's like you are THIS close to getting it, but you know you won't.

    "Wow, I wonder if the lengths we are going to protect certain values and our security won't deeply change other aspects of our way of living on the long run"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Theloria shows sadness because she think all blood elves are followers of kael, but the blood elvez of quelthalas the home that she wanted back fight against kael.
    Auric also says they must be united to avenge the destruction of sunwell and quelthalas
    How EITHER of those things mean they are willing and happy to rejoin the Blood Elves? Alleria herself wants those things, Vereesa too, and neither of them want to join the BE's and the Horde FFS!!

    How the hell do you reconcile the idea that "Blood Elves are just like High Elves were" with the fact that other High Elves, in universe, see their actions as so anathema they are unwilling to re-join them? HOW?!?!

    I guess your answer would be "those High Elves changed" lol

  12. #24312
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    It's like you are THIS close to getting it, but you know you won't.

    "Wow, I wonder if the lengths we are going to protect certain values and our security won't deeply change other aspects of our way of living on the long run"

    - - - Updated - - -



    How EITHER of those things mean they are willing and happy to rejoin the Blood Elves? Alleria herself wants those things, Vereesa too, and neither of them want to join the BE's and the Horde FFS!!

    How the hell do you reconcile the idea that "Blood Elves are just like High Elves were" with the fact that other High Elves, in universe, see their actions as so anathema they are unwilling to re-join them? HOW?!?!

    I guess your answer would be "those High Elves changed" lol
    actualy yes and And you agree

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    .

    High Elves have begun to assimilate into humanity. Elisande literally calls them out as peasants that dilute their bloodline.

    Yet all of this misses the point; it's not about how different they are, but about how their differences have set them apart in a course that will keep moving them farther and farther away as a people. For all the cultural shifts BE's have went, the modern High Elves have moved even further away with their assimilation into humanity.




    It is as you say with time the high elves of the alliance will have a cultural change.
    the blood elves are the ones who maintain the traditions and racial identity of the high elves before the invasion

  13. #24313
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    actualy yes and And you agree



    It is as you say with time the high elves of the alliance will have a cultural change.
    the blood elves are the ones who maintain the traditions and racial identity of the high elves before the invasion
    Both groups maintain their traditions since the end of TBC.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  14. #24314
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Both groups maintain their traditions since the end of TBC.
    So I say with the passage of time.

  15. #24315
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Honestly the fact that you don't see the huge red flag of Elisande treating the Blood Elves and High Elves so differently as anything major or of note is just hilarious by itself.

    Like yeah you can misread everything to deny there's a notorious cultural shift -because surprise, even living in separate communities leads to compounding cultural shifts, like the Highvale you so glibly dismissed-

    And that's the thing, if you keep dismissing the facts because you don't like them, so, eh? Can't do much really. If the fact that Blood Elves and High Eves keep obviously diverging is something you cannot see, then it's literally not on me.
    Sorry I have standards, wow cultures are piss poor bottom tier to begin with, with hardly any culture being even remotely fleshed out, everything we see in wow is pretty much one big blob.

  16. #24316
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Both groups maintain their traditions since the end of TBC.
    I'd say both groups maintain some facets of the pre-Third War Era, but none of them in precisely same way.

  17. #24317
    I don't think it's realistic to say that the high elves living in human society haven't changed over time. Living in an entirely different society requires adaptation and compromise. Some traditions have likely been abandoned because they don't fit in or aren't practical in the society those high elves now find themselves living in.

    If anything I'd say that the blood elves of quel'thalas have likely retained most of the traditions and culture of their fore-bearers. That's not to say they haven't seen changes to their culture over the years, only that they've retained much more of their past traditions and seen less change in their culture than say high elves living in stormwind or highvale.

    Do they all share the same history? Yes. But do they now share the same traditions and culture? I'd say that, while they may have a few things in common culturally, at this point I'd be truly surprised if their cultural differences didn't outweigh their similarities.

    It's not about "who you bang". It's about where you live, who you're living with, and how you have to change to fit in to that environment. If you move to a new country, you will absolutely have to change to adapt to that culture, otherwise you'll have problems. And even if you refuse to change much, your progeny (if you have any) will almost certainly change far more than you because they are actually growing up in this new society while you did not. They will naturally seek to adapt to the environment they find themselves growing in and thus their culture and values will shift.

    It's like if an american moved to england. Sure they don't have to worry about communication, but certain phrases that might seem innocuous in the united states could be taken as rude or offensive in england. The opposite is also true, and the immigrant would need to get used to phrases they might find offensive being part of casual discourse in their new country. There's a lot of little changes you'd have to make when moving to a new country... like learning to pump your own gas for example. All those changes add up and, over time, can shift your outlook and views or that of your children, leading to your future generations being culturally removed from your original homeland. The degree of that removal can vary depending on the contrasts and especially the reasons why you left in the first place.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-06-18 at 01:50 PM.

  18. #24318
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Both groups maintain their traditions since the end of TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    It is as you say with time the high elves of the alliance will have a cultural change.
    the blood elves are the ones who maintain the traditions and racial identity of the high elves before the invasion
    JFC the point is BOTH changed culturally, distinct in different degrees of what they were. The whole "whose the real high elves" is just such a pointless question. Both groups will veer off from what they once were, not completely, of course both will hold on to certain traditions, but the whole thing is they are a progression of what they once were.

    Again, to be clear, some traditions will be maintained and both groups will have a sense of continuity, but the thing about cultural evolution is that it is natural, every culture evolves and changes, is just that the fall of Quel'thalas sped that process.

    Like how Kaldorei and Shaldorei have gone into different cultural paths, but they both still worship elune and moon imagery remains an aesthetic cornerstone.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Sorry I have standards, wow cultures are piss poor bottom tier to begin with, with hardly any culture being even remotely fleshed out, everything we see in wow is pretty much one big blob.
    Yeah, definitely on you then.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I don't think it's realistic to say that the high elves living in human society haven't changed over time. Living in an entirely different society requires adaptation and compromise. Some traditions have likely been abandoned because they don't fit in or aren't practical in the society those high elves now find themselves living in.

    If anything I'd say that the blood elves of quel'thalas have likely retained most of the traditions and culture of their fore-bearers. That's not to say they haven't seen changes to their culture over the years, only that they've retained much more of their past traditions and seen less change in their culture than say high elves living in stormwind or highvale.

    Do they all share the same history? Yes. But do they now share the same traditions and culture? I'd say that, while they may have a few things in common culturally, at this point I'd be truly surprised if their cultural differences didn't outweigh their similarities.

    It's not about "who you bang". It's about where you live, who you're living with, and how you have to change to fit in to that environment. If you move to a new country, you will absolutely have to change to adapt to that culture, otherwise you'll have problems. And even if you refuse to change much, your progeny (if you have any) will almost certainly change far more than you because they are actually growing up in this new society while you did not. They will naturally seek to adapt to the environment they find themselves growing in and thus their culture and values will shift.

    It's like if an american moved to england. Sure they don't have to worry about communication, but certain phrases that might seem innocuous in the united states could be taken as rude or offensive in england. The opposite is also true, and the immigrant would need to get used to phrases they might find offensive being part of casual discourse in their new country. There's a lot of little changes you'd have to make when moving to a new country... like learning to pump your own gas for example. All those changes add up and, over time, can shift your outlook and views or that of your children, leading to your future generations being culturally removed from your original homeland. The degree of that removal can vary depending on the contrasts and especially the reasons why you left in the first place.
    Basically this. I do agree that High Elves will perhaps change more over time from their original culture and homeland. As any group of expats, they will start diverging with time. Is simply cultural drift.

    And I do agree that Blood Elves might have changed less, but what they went through DID changed them, and that cannot be dismissed, they just didn't rename themselves for branding purposes; it's just wild to me that some people really expect that a society that was almost extinguished and renamed themselves in honor of their fallen, and shifted their focus on survival, won't have long lasting cultural changes that will set them apart on a significant measure from what they were.

  19. #24319
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    JFC the point is BOTH changed culturally, distinct in different degrees of what they were. The whole "whose the real high elves" is just such a pointless question. Both groups will veer off from what they once were, not completely, of course both will hold on to certain traditions, but the whole thing is they are a progression of what they once were.

    Again, to be clear, some traditions will be maintained and both groups will have a sense of continuity, but the thing about cultural evolution is that it is natural, every culture evolves and changes, is just that the fall of Quel'thalas sped that process.

    Like how Kaldorei and Shaldorei have gone into different cultural paths, but they both still worship elune and moon imagery remains an aesthetic cornerstone.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah, definitely on you then.
    elves are immortal (or at least they live as long as draenei) so I can say that a pureblood elf who lives thousands of years will uphold their traditions better than a short lived half elf

  20. #24320
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I'd say both groups maintain some facets of the pre-Third War Era, but none of them in precisely same way.
    Exactly; it's what happened to the night elves after the Sundering but on a lesser degree, with significant groups focusing on different cultural aspects and evolving accordingly. Neither is the exact same culture than the NE empire was, they changed over time, and the same thing will continue to happen to HE and BE's.

    Also I don't get the assumption that Blood Elves want to go back to how things were. They take great pride in their survival and I have yet to see a single Blood Elf in game being "we should go back to be high elves now guys". It's just personally weird that BE's, who are one of the most progressive groups -mostly out of convenience- would lead to a traditionalist movement.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    elves are immortal (or at least they live as long as draenei) so I can say that a pureblood elf who lives thousands of years will uphold their traditions better than a short lived half elf
    I literally gave you the example of NE and NB, some of them who adapted to the new culture on their own lifetimes... SMH

    More so, you still keep making the assumption that Blood Elves want to maintain their culture the way it was, instead of progressing it -as their usage of fel and larger holy light worships heavily suggests-

    The BE culture is notoriously different already than what it was by the existence of the Blood Knights alone as a more prominent and culturally respected institution that the Farstriders, and you continue to claim it's the same than pre third war? And don't even get me started on Warlocks and the usage of fel, that was heavily banned before and now Warlocks are a staple of the BE military; and let's not forget the shift on mages from preferring ice magic as HE's were described to, preferring now fire magics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •