1. #24321
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Exactly; it's what happened to the night elves after the Sundering but on a lesser degree, with significant groups focusing on different cultural aspects and evolving accordingly. Neither is the exact same culture than the NE empire was, they changed over time, and the same thing will continue to happen to HE and BE's.

    Also I don't get the assumption that Blood Elves want to go back to how things were. They take great pride in their survival and I have yet to see a single Blood Elf in game being "we should go back to be high elves now guys". It's just personally weird that BE's, who are one of the most progressive groups -mostly out of convenience- would lead to a traditionalist movement.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I literally gave you the example of NE and NB, some of them who adapted to the new culture on their own lifetimes... SMH

    More so, you still keep making the assumption that Blood Elves want to maintain their culture the way it was, instead of progressing it -as their usage of fel and larger holy light worships heavily suggests-

    The BE culture is notoriously different already than what it was by the existence of the Blood Knights alone as a more prominent and culturally respected institution that the Farstriders, and you continue to claim it's the same than pre third war? And don't even get me started on Warlocks and the usage of fel, that was heavily banned before and now Warlocks are a staple of the BE military; and let's not forget the shift on mages from preferring ice magic as HE's were described to, preferring now fire magics.
    the blood knight are more respected than the farstrider ?? LOL

    literally everything quelthalas is protected by farstriders and the racial leader who is loved by all is a farstrider! In addition to the fact that the blood knights are not an independent organization, they are under the command of the grand magister as the highest authority.

    actually the high elves used fire magic against the amani to prevent them from regenerating their limbs is more the victory in the trolls wars was thanks to a gigantic fire spell.

  2. #24322
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the blood knight are more respected than the farstrider ?? LOL

    literally everything quelthalas is protected by farstriders and the racial leader who is loved by all is a farstrider! In addition to the fact that the blood knights are not an independent organization, they are under the command of the grand magister as the highest authority.

    actually the high elves used fire magic against the amani to prevent them from regenerating their limbs is more the victory in the trolls wars was thanks to a gigantic fire spell.
    It's utterly pointless talking with you simply go "lol no" because it doesn't fit what you want to believe.

    Blood Knights salute you when you /eye wards, Liadrin -not Halduron- lead the military contingent to Suramar -more so, Liadrin has oftentimes taken the place that the Ranger General should have. Nothing suggests that Liadrin is under the command of Rommath.

    "actually high elves used fire magic" jesus christ that they know fire magic and used it when necessary/useful it's not the same than what magic was preferred. Like that's early wow lore "high elves prefer frost magic, blood elves fire magic" but go ahead and just dismiss it, as you do anything that doesn't fit what you wanna believe.

  3. #24323
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    It's utterly pointless talking with you simply go "lol no" because it doesn't fit what you want to believe.

    Blood Knights salute you when you /eye wards, Liadrin -not Halduron- lead the military contingent to Suramar -more so, Liadrin has oftentimes taken the place that the Ranger General should have. Nothing suggests that Liadrin is under the command of Rommath.

    "actually high elves used fire magic" jesus christ that they know fire magic and used it when necessary/useful it's not the same than what magic was preferred. Like that's early wow lore "high elves prefer frost magic, blood elves fire magic" but go ahead and just dismiss it, as you do anything that doesn't fit what you wanna believe.
    read blood of the highborne, rommath is liadrin's boss, she responds to his orders and makes reports for rommath. Like the blood mage, the blood knight is under the orbit of the magister.

    do you remember 4.1? where halduron says that he is responsible for the defense of quelthalas?
    the farstriders and magisters are the two highest quelthalas organizations as they always were

  4. #24324
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    read blood of the highborne, rommath is liadrin's boss, she responds to his orders and makes reports for rommath. Like the blood mage, the blood knight is under the orbit of the magister.

    do you remember 4.1? where halduron says that he is responsible for the defense of quelthalas?
    the farstriders and magisters are the two highest quelthalas organizations as they always were
    And you are continually dismissing every instance were Liadrin has taken command since WoD. Cause sending expeditions under the command of paladins was something high elves always did.

    Honestly if you wanna keep trying to plug the holes of your sinking ship of an argument, you do you.

  5. #24325
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    And you are continually dismissing every instance were Liadrin has taken command since WoD. Cause sending expeditions under the command of paladins was something high elves always did.

    Honestly if you wanna keep trying to plug the holes of your sinking ship of an argument, you do you.
    she is an efficient military commander. that does not change that after lorthemar the two people with the most power in quelthalas are halduron and rommath the leaders of the two most important organizations and the blood knights are under the orbit of the magister. the game is not the only source of lore there are also the novels

  6. #24326
    Pit Lord Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,447
    I think this is going nowhere and so y'all should end it here now.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged custom models that intends to fill the gaps in the Reforged campaign

  7. #24327
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Yeah, definitely on you then.
    What that blizz writes shallow almost non entities, or that you genuinely believe that two liners actually are a meaningful cultural difference?

  8. #24328
    Pit Lord Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,447
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged custom models that intends to fill the gaps in the Reforged campaign

  9. #24329
    I am Murloc! Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    What that blizz writes shallow almost non entities, or that you genuinely believe that two liners actually are a meaningful cultural difference?
    That your opinion of it all being a blob doesn't mean the nuance that exists actually isn't there.

    It's the same as how there's a community who dig deep into WoW's lore to see where we're going next/predict how something will play out in the future, but at the same time majority of people can also say 'we're just gonna go back to fighting and team up for the next big bad like usual!'

    The latter doesn't take away the nuances laid down that intrigue the former.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    That's pretty neat!

  10. #24330
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Dude this is super cool!

  11. #24331
    Pit Lord Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,447
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Dude this is super cool!
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...castle.333350/

    afsdfdsfsdfdsafddsafd it's time to mod Reforged
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged custom models that intends to fill the gaps in the Reforged campaign

  12. #24332
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...castle.333350/

    afsdfdsfsdfdsafddsafd it's time to mod Reforged
    so awesome

  13. #24333
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I think this is going nowhere and so y'all should end it here now.
    Yep. Is going nowhere. There is no way for Void elf to suddenly turn into High elves.

    Unless we get a new race called "High elves", people are not going to be happy with it.

  14. #24334
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Unless we get a new race called "High elves", people* are not going to be happy with it.
    *You

    /10chars

  15. #24335
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    *You

    /10chars
    I'm actually happy with the Void Elves. Its an original idea, but poorly implemented.

    If other people are trying to change the Void Elves into something they are not....its up to them. But i bet its never going to happen.

  16. #24336
    I am Murloc! Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    If other people are trying to change the Void Elves into something they are not....its up to them. But i bet its never going to happen.
    The biggest 'win' for this thread and others like it was getting the skin customization and eye customization on Void Elves that made them look more normal to open up the different fantasies available for those players. Something that others also thought before would "never happen."

    Hair color is a way way way smaller ask in comparison so it will be funny to see the reactions to it.

    I already saw on the official forums someone trying to say VE shouldn't get blonde/brown/black hairs even if they're the same shades from Kul'Tiran and not from Blood Elves.

    Just take a moment to think how ridiculous that sounds 'no you are barred from these specific colors' - especially when they are hair colors on every single other race but Void Elves.

    Brown, Blonde, Black hair colors - every other race besides VE has at least 1 of these hair colors, some 2, some all 3. So the precedent is already there and exists, it's just a matter of when.

    Just like how Nightborne will eventually get more customization options in the future as they have the least overall options available - an inevitability that will come to pass. Same as VE hair colors people are asking for.

  17. #24337
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    The biggest 'win' for this thread and others like it was getting the skin customization and eye customization on Void Elves that made them look more normal to open up the different fantasies available for those players. Something that others also thought before would "never happen."

    Hair color is a way way way smaller ask in comparison so it will be funny to see the reactions to it.

    I already saw on the official forums someone trying to say VE shouldn't get blonde/brown/black hairs even if they're the same shades from Kul'Tiran and not from Blood Elves.

    Just take a moment to think how ridiculous that sounds 'no you are barred from these specific colors' - especially when they are hair colors on every single other race but Void Elves.

    Brown, Blonde, Black hair colors - every other race besides VE has at least 1 of these hair colors, some 2, some all 3. So the precedent is already there and exists, it's just a matter of when.

    Just like how Nightborne will eventually get more customization options in the future as they have the least overall options available - an inevitability that will come to pass. Same as VE hair colors people are asking for.
    Simple....Time will tell.

  18. #24338
    I just seems like petty gate keeping to me. The desire to deny others something that you yourself get to enjoy just never made sense to me. I've seen them come up with reasons such "lore" and "faction distinction" and "racial uniqueness" but it all really just boils down to "I don't want you to have anything similar to what I have" and "You shouldn't have even gotten what you got in the first place!" (referring to both the model when void elves were first added, and later the skin tones).

    And the sad thing is, if blizzard does give void elves a few natural hair color options, they'll make a few snarky posts, and then move on because the subject will be closed (finally). So all this hullabaloo will have ultimately been for nothing. All they'll really have left is to use "you're not really a high elf!", "your name plate says void elf still ha!", and "you still can't be a paladin so nyah!" as taunts. I can't even imagine how apoplectic they'd get if blizzard decided to just copy and paste all the blood elf hair colors and hairstyles over to void elves (and give blood elves all the void elf hairstyles minus the tentacles thus making both races even more similar).

    As far as the nightborne go, I would love for them to just get a ton more options. They certainly need it. I'd be happy even if blizz just copy and pasted most of the night elf options over to them (maybe with some minor variations).

  19. #24339
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I just seems like petty gate keeping to me. The desire to deny others something that you yourself get to enjoy just never made sense to me. I've seen them come up with reasons such "lore" and "faction distinction" and "racial uniqueness" but it all really just boils down to "I don't want you to have anything similar to what I have" and "You shouldn't have even gotten what you got in the first place!" (referring to both the model when void elves were first added, and later the skin tones).

    And the sad thing is, if blizzard does give void elves a few natural hair color options, they'll make a few snarky posts, and then move on because the subject will be closed (finally). So all this hullabaloo will have ultimately been for nothing. All they'll really have left is to use "you're not really a high elf!", "your name plate says void elf still ha!", and "you still can't be a paladin so nyah!" as taunts. I can't even imagine how apoplectic they'd get if blizzard decided to just copy and paste all the blood elf hair colors and hairstyles over to void elves (and give blood elves all the void elf hairstyles minus the tentacles thus making both races even more similar).

    As far as the nightborne go, I would love for them to just get a ton more options. They certainly need it. I'd be happy even if blizz just copy and pasted most of the night elf options over to them (maybe with some minor variations).
    you are right I want alterac humans in the horde for years!! and alliance players hate this

    the horde is never complete without alterac humans

  20. #24340
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Simple....Time will tell.
    That sound a lot like what cults say when their prediction for the end of the world is off by a day.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •