1. #24601
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandale View Post
    All I really want for HE's/VEs is like a new home thing, not some space rock but some island, give them some kind of stable foothold instead of being enclaves in tons of cities. Like say one of those expedition islands recently explored that had all of the corrupted/pirate/old god enemies cleared out...
    Then they can have a new beginning...Or choose to continue bickering with Silvermoon but at least they'd have an actual home of some sort and the desperation to return to Quel'thalas wouldn't be so pronounced anymore. I like the political divide, it can make for some interesting story but we've not had that, we just have fanbases hating each other with no direction.
    Why don't they just have and expand the Allerian Stronghold on Outland, with a portal that connects to Stormwind?

    And by expand, I mean from the current location of Allerian Stronghold to Firewing Point, so you get a good blend of Human and Thalassian features, but with added voidy-ness.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-08-30 at 07:33 PM.

  2. #24602
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,493
    So the march on taking Silvermoon city properly as alliance has truly started I see, truly a sad day afther all the void elves got..

    @Tanaria I realy hope we will see a updated Quel'thalas with Silvermoon, but I would also like to see Quel'danas updated and feel more connected to the main land. The dock could play a vital role here.

    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-08-30 at 07:51 PM.

  3. #24603
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Because for some you can't play a proper High elf Alliance side since they have a void form.
    Void form is a class feature, not a race feature. Please use some logic when drawing conclusions next time, ok?

  4. #24604
    I /facepalm every time someone posts about wanting the alliance to take silvermoon. I just find the notion ridiculous. Could the devs decide to go in the direction of the ridiculous? Sure, that possibility exists, but I don't think its probable (stranger things have happened though).

    To me, silvermoon is the home of the blood elves, and the blood elves are members of the horde, ergo silvermoon is a horde capital. I just don't see that ever changing, at least not without the eradication of the faction divide first.

  5. #24605
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I think it's the conclusion that Blood Elf Priests, in lore, are Shadow Priests, when they aren't.

    Indeed, with the renewed Sunwell, I'd say the common Blood Elf Priest are mainly Holy Priests. We saw Blood Elf Priests (Silvermoon Priest) on the Broken Scenario and they all used Holy Magic.
    Yeah, Void elf shadow priest could pass as High Elf shadow priest. Same maybe for DK and Warlock (maybe sub rogue too). For every other class/spec turning into a void thingy kinda ruins the whole high elf fantasy.

  6. #24606
    Field Marshal Valandale's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Why don't they just have and expand the Allerian Stronghold on Outland, with a portal that connects to Stormwind?

    And by expand, I mean from the current location of Allerian Stronghold to Firewing Point, so you get a good blend of Human and Thalassian features, but with added voidy-ness.
    I thought Outland is disintegrating/destabilizing judging from that Saurfang cinematic in BfA where he visits Thrall. Unless something can be done to slow/stop that (though Void Elves could try and use the Void to do this and prove that the void isn't always just borderline psychotic tendency and can in fact be used for non-destructive purposes) I don't think the Allerian Stronghold would be a long term settlement. But I do like the idea a lot.

  7. #24607
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    So the march on taking Silvermoon city properly as alliance has truly started I see, truly a sad day afther all the void elves got..

    @Tanaria I realy hope we will see a updated Quel'thalas with Silvermoon, but I would also like to see Quel'danas updated and feel more connected to the main land. The dock could play a vital role here.

    Likewise.

    The whole of Quel'Thalas (incl Quel'Danas) needs to be updated for the Horde. Maybe, in a racial pride expansion, where each organisation is explored, perhaps Quel'Danas could be the primary foothold for Liadrin's Blood Knights and the Sin'dorei Priests.

    Silvermoon City is where the Magisters and Warlocks are primarily based.

    Eversong and the Ghostlands are where the Farstriders are based.

    And I do believe that the people who want Quel'Thalas are setting themselves up for major disappointment, since Blizzard have said themselves that they won't be touching another faction war conflict. It's ridiculous to think that Lor'themar, Rommath and even Liadrin would join the Alliance. They are Blood Elves. They are proud to identify as Blood Elves, as indicated by Liadrin during the Sin'dorei Heritage armor questline.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I /facepalm every time someone posts about wanting the alliance to take silvermoon. I just find the notion ridiculous. Could the devs decide to go in the direction of the ridiculous? Sure, that possibility exists, but I don't think its probable (stranger things have happened though).

    To me, silvermoon is the home of the blood elves, and the blood elves are members of the horde, ergo silvermoon is a horde capital. I just don't see that ever changing, at least not without the eradication of the faction divide first.
    The idea that Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei should be ignored and homeless thereafter, is something else that is so hilariously absurd, that we know Blizzard wouldn't do that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Valandale View Post
    I thought Outland is disintegrating/destabilizing judging from that Saurfang cinematic in BfA where he visits Thrall. Unless something can be done to slow/stop that (though Void Elves could try and use the Void to do this and prove that the void isn't always just borderline psychotic tendency and can in fact be used for non-destructive purposes) I don't think the Allerian Stronghold would be a long term settlement. But I do like the idea a lot.
    The Void Elves are powerful - perhaps they could shield the area between Allerian Stronghold and Firewing Point which would prevent that area from disintegrating.

    Or, Void Elves could move to the ruins of Zin-Azshari. It's a city that is fully into Void and Arcane now...right up the Void Elf Magisters' street. Again, create a void shield that would prevent the city from ever being underwater again.

  8. #24608
    The Lightbringer Ardenaso's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandale View Post
    All I really want for HE's/VEs is like a new home thing, not some space rock but some island, give them some kind of stable foothold instead of being enclaves in tons of cities. Like say one of those expedition islands recently explored that had all of the corrupted/pirate/old god enemies cleared out...
    Then they can have a new beginning...Or choose to continue bickering with Silvermoon but at least they'd have an actual home of some sort and the desperation to return to Quel'thalas wouldn't be so pronounced anymore. I like the political divide, it can make for some interesting story but we've not had that, we just have fanbases hating each other with no direction.
    they can do a Dath'remar and move to Eldre'thalas and restore it for themselves; I want to see it happen
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

  9. #24609
    Field Marshal Valandale's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post

    The Void Elves are powerful - perhaps they could shield the area between Allerian Stronghold and Firewing Point which would prevent that area from disintegrating.

    Or, Void Elves could move to the ruins of Zin-Azshari. It's a city that is fully into Void and Arcane now...right up the Void Elf Magisters' street. Again, create a void shield that would prevent the city from ever being underwater again.
    Ohh, Or they could make the shield and make Azeroth Atlantis/Rapture, and the water covers the shield making it a bubble city beneath the waves. Lots of opportunity for deep voidy stuff in the deep sea.
    Last edited by Valandale; 2021-08-30 at 08:15 PM.

  10. #24610
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Why don't they just have and expand the Allerian Stronghold on Outland, with a portal that connects to Stormwind?

    And by expand, I mean from the current location of Allerian Stronghold to Firewing Point, so you get a good blend of Human and Thalassian features, but with added voidy-ness.
    There are rumors that Outland is unstable and deteriorates slowly into Twisting Nether. Besides, Azeroth is their home. They should base their home there. That's why I'm not huge fan of Telogrus Rift in the first place too. These elves are not allowed to live in their homeland and most of them accepted that fate. At least, let them be in their homeworld.

  11. #24611
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I /facepalm every time someone posts about wanting the alliance to take silvermoon. I just find the notion ridiculous. Could the devs decide to go in the direction of the ridiculous? Sure, that possibility exists, but I don't think its probable (stranger things have happened though).

    To me, silvermoon is the home of the blood elves, and the blood elves are members of the horde, ergo silvermoon is a horde capital. I just don't see that ever changing, at least not without the eradication of the faction divide first.
    Teldrassil was a Horde capital before the Horde decided to burn it to the ground.

    Silvermoon is and will always be the home of the Blood elves, that's a fact.

    But I think the void elves under the guidance of Alleria will try to conquer it at some point.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  12. #24612
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandale View Post
    All I really want for HE's/VEs is like a new home thing, not some space rock but some island, give them some kind of stable foothold instead of being enclaves in tons of cities. Like say one of those expedition islands recently explored that had all of the corrupted/pirate/old god enemies cleared out...
    Then they can have a new beginning...Or choose to continue bickering with Silvermoon but at least they'd have an actual home of some sort and the desperation to return to Quel'thalas wouldn't be so pronounced anymore. I like the political divide, it can make for some interesting story but we've not had that, we just have fanbases hating each other with no direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Why don't they just have and expand the Allerian Stronghold on Outland, with a portal that connects to Stormwind?

    And by expand, I mean from the current location of Allerian Stronghold to Firewing Point, so you get a good blend of Human and Thalassian features, but with added voidy-ness.
    Personally I think it's important for the Void Elves and High Elves to have a home on Azeroth proper; Void Elves specifically need to feel like part of the world, and the best way to do it is to be literal about it. That's one of the big problems of Telogrus, besides being just, barren.

    And island could be great, but I'd prefer to be a place with some significance/importance, and in that case I think Highborne ruins would be a nice bet, as they can draw from that legacy as an unifying point + it would mesh with making feel the world feel more alive and evolving.

    Maybe the VE's raising some of Zin'Aszhari could work because of the connection the area now has to the Void thus allowing further study, or maybe they could reclaim Shandaral because Northrend could use some present lore relevance, plus the aesthetic of the zone slaps, and in Chronicles their habitants are depicted as "High Elves" even if they wouldn't be of the same group of Dath'remar.

  13. #24613
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Teldrassil was a Horde capital before the Horde decided to burn it to the ground.

    Silvermoon is and will always be the home of the Blood elves, that's a fact.

    But I think the void elves under the guidance of Alleria will try to conquer it at some point.
    Could work...maybe in a revamped Quel'Thalas, their are a group of void elves who are trying to take Silvermoon, but since this is from the Horde's PoV because Quel'Thalas is a Horde starting zone, the Sin'dorei push them back.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Personally I think it's important for the Void Elves and High Elves to have a home on Azeroth proper; Void Elves specifically need to feel like part of the world, and the best way to do it is to be literal about it. That's one of the big problems of Telogrus, besides being just, barren.

    And island could be great, but I'd prefer to be a place with some significance/importance, and in that case I think Highborne ruins would be a nice bet, as they can draw from that legacy as an unifying point + it would mesh with making feel the world feel more alive and evolving.

    Maybe the VE's raising some of Zin'Aszhari could work because of the connection the area now has to the Void thus allowing further study, or maybe they could reclaim Shandaral because Northrend could use some present lore relevance, plus the aesthetic of the zone slaps, and in Chronicles their habitants are depicted as "High Elves" even if they wouldn't be of the same group of Dath'remar.
    Also the fact that the Elves in question are descendants of the Highborne who were part of Zin-Azshari's Elite Circle.

  14. #24614
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    There are rumors that Outland is unstable and deteriorates slowly into Twisting Nether. Besides, Azeroth is their home. They should base their home there. That's why I'm not huge fan of Telogrus Rift in the first place too. These elves are not allowed to live in their homeland and most of them accepted that fate. At least, let them be in their homeworld.
    Exactly this; it just makes groups/races more distant when they don't have a foothold on Azeroth proper. Lightforged are on thin ice because they are on a spaceship just above orbit :/

    My ideal places would be:

    Shandaral, Crystalsong Forest: Visually stunning, Highborne past and lore, lots of magic for the VE to study, already a High Elf settlement in the area.

    Twilight Citadel, Twilight Highlands: Not much elven background, but ripe with void related elements. Plus, with the closeness of the Wildhammer Dwarves we could get a bit of that camaraderie.

    Lordaeron Range Lighthouse, Eastern Plaguelands: I kinda love the idea of the thalassian exiles settling there and just.. staring at Quel'thalas -specifially Windrunner Spire- and shaking their fists on the air. Bonus, it seems it was considered at one point already to be a VE area given the void effect that was added on the 7.3.5 PTR and now exist on live.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Also the fact that the Elves in question are descendants of the Highborne who were part of Zin-Azshari's Elite Circle.
    Exactly; there's just a direct connection between the Highborne and High Elves and thus Void Elves that can be delved deeper into, and the whole being the center of operations of the void powered Naga just brings it all full circle.

    It would just be amazing to see the Void Elves repair/rebuild that ancient imperial architecture with a Void Touch.

  15. #24615
    The hope for any revamped capital died when Blizzard made it mandatory to be in Stormwind/Orgrimmar to switch War Mode on or off. It is painfully obvious to anyone with eyes that they want to consolidate everything in the two faction capitals.

    If they revamp Quel'Thalas, it will be to serve as questing hub for both factions ala Kul Tiras and Zandalar. And Silvermoon, like Boralus and Dazar'alor, will have a Horde district and then some hostile areas to allow for world quests. Or it can simply serve as a neutral hub with a Ren'dorei and Sin'dorei side.

    Anything beyond that is pure optimism.

  16. #24616
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The hope for any revamped capital died when Blizzard made it mandatory to be in Stormwind/Orgrimmar to switch War Mode on or off. It is painfully obvious to anyone with eyes that they want to consolidate everything in the two faction capitals.

    If they revamp Quel'Thalas, it will be to serve as questing hub for both factions ala Kul Tiras and Zandalar. And Silvermoon, like Boralus and Dazar'alor, will have a Horde district and then some hostile areas to allow for world quests. Or it can simply serve as a neutral hub with a Ren'dorei and Sin'dorei side.

    Anything beyond that is pure optimism.
    100% agree with this

    They will NEVER update Quel'Thalas just for the sake of updating Quel'Thalas since blood elves story is OVER.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  17. #24617
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Likewise.

    The whole of Quel'Thalas (incl Quel'Danas) needs to be updated for the Horde. Maybe, in a racial pride expansion, where each organisation is explored, perhaps Quel'Danas could be the primary foothold for Liadrin's Blood Knights and the Sin'dorei Priests.

    Silvermoon City is where the Magisters and Warlocks are primarily based.

    Eversong and the Ghostlands are where the Farstriders are based.

    And I do believe that the people who want Quel'Thalas are setting themselves up for major disappointment, since Blizzard have said themselves that they won't be touching another faction war conflict. It's ridiculous to think that Lor'themar, Rommath and even Liadrin would join the Alliance. They are Blood Elves. They are proud to identify as Blood Elves, as indicated by Liadrin during the Sin'dorei Heritage armor questline.
    Yeah. I love the idea of a Thalassian civil war, but even so I don't think the Blood Elves should ever loose Silvermoon/Eversong Woods.

    Yes, we know what Alleria wants, but we also know what the BE leadership wants, and those two things seem incompatible, and even if it leads to a war, I don't think Alleria would win, or be willing to pay the price of victory.

    At most, I would love to see the Ghostlands as a Contested Area with both VE and BE occupation, existing on a perennial state of cold war, but with a treaty that prevents aggression. If there was to be a "neutral" elven city, Tranquillien would be perfect for that for its location and name, and Suncrown Village rebuilt as the major BE city of the area. I just think it would be more interesting to use the Ghostlands to tell a story about civil war than any other option, cause that way we would get to see major interactions between both sides + rebuilding, and the story could finish with both sides having to come together to face the Amani, and thus signing a treaty at the end which would basically be "I hope you change your mind and return to us" "same for you"

    (Quick and dirty map)



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    100% agree with this

    They will NEVER update Quel'Thalas just for the sake of updating Quel'Thalas since blood elves story is OVER.
    Lol you could say that about them updating every other starting area in Cata then. Doesn't make sense to believe this when the precedent tells otherwise.

  18. #24618
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    100% agree with this

    They will NEVER update Quel'Thalas just for the sake of updating Quel'Thalas since blood elves story is OVER.
    Knowing how Blizzard works, if they were to go through with any potential Ren'dorei vs. Sin'dorei story, they'd simply reduce it to a scenario set in Quel'danas like they did when Alleria went to the Sunwell or in the final part of the Blood elf Heritage questline.

    Since Quel'Thalas gameplay wise exists in the Outland world, they would have to rebuild it from scratch in the Azeroth map first to update it (or in its own map anyway if it was scaled to a continent like the BfA islands), at which point they might as well just create a new land from scratch.

    I know it's cool and all to drool at how Quel'Thalas is meant to look like lorewise, but realistically they will not update it and do it justice. They haven't touched it since 2006. If they wanted to update it, they would have done it in Cataclysm.

  19. #24619
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Knowing how Blizzard works, if they were to go through with any potential Ren'dorei vs. Sin'dorei story, they'd simply reduce it to a scenario set in Quel'danas like they did when Alleria went to the Sunwell or in the final part of the Blood elf Heritage questline.

    Since Quel'Thalas gameplay wise exists in the Outland world, they would have to rebuild it from scratch in the Azeroth map first to update it (or in its own map anyway if it was scaled to a continent like the BfA islands), at which point they might as well just create a new land from scratch.

    I know it's cool and all to drool at how Quel'Thalas is meant to look like lorewise, but realistically they will not update it and do it justice. They haven't touched it since 2006. If they wanted to update it, they would have done it in Cataclysm.
    Or you know, have Azuremyst and Silvermoon be relevant on an expansion lorewise.

  20. #24620
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post


    Lol you could say that about them updating every other starting area in Cata then. Doesn't make sense to believe this when the precedent tells otherwise.

    You know ... Cataclysm was in 2010 ... Things have changed since.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •