1. #24641
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    So void elves really got blood elf hair colours, huh? Give them a few more years and maybe they'll get non-tentacle hairstyles as well.
    It has already been announced that they will be able to choose whether or not to have the tentacles in their current hairstyles!!! I think this is a huge amount of customization

  2. #24642
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Really? Well it would still be pretty cool to remake Quel'thalas and have a little corner for the Void Elves. Then they could have a warfront between the two (not like BFA warfronts, just a battle line and no-man's-land in the middle).
    It would be good to at least have a place in azeroth for the void elves, for sure.

  3. #24643
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    SNIP
    Honestly I don't really care what you have to say at this point. You have wasted all my good faith with endless wankery. You might be genuine, but the you'd be so removed from reality that IDK what i'd get extending any interactions with you.

    "There's no faction imbalance" FFS that's just brainrot.

  4. #24644
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Honestly I don't really care what you have to say at this point. You have wasted all my good faith with endless wankery. You might be genuine, but the you'd be so removed from reality that IDK what i'd get extending any interactions with you.

    "There's no faction imbalance" FFS that's just brainrot.
    do you pay attention what did i write?
    I recognize that there are more hardcore players in the horde in the same way that there are more RP players in the alliance. the population of players on one side and the other are equal.
    Does that mean that the current faction configuration is good? of course not. clearly there are people in the horde like me !! who wants to have a bigger PR community and I understand that there are people who want to do M + with their human or gnome.
    I support the dissolution of the factions, the only thing I am saying is that it is not true that there is an imbalance between the populations of the factions.

    and I am completely honest in everything I say. I love the blood elves, their lore, their development and their aesthetics. and that is why I am opposed to any customization that kills what the blood elves mean. The blood elves are not cannibal monsters, the blood elves are patriots, the blood elves are survivors who are fighting to save their homeland and their culture. the blood elves are a people that in their most desperate moment when their prince joined the legion they decided to stand firm and not fall into darkness and fight for salvation that is a blood elf

  5. #24645
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    SNIP
    Yeah no. You don't get to say "there's no faction imbalance" and then try to walk it back saying you meant the populations. No one is saying the imbalance is caused by population, we literally simply have to point out in how every competitive metric the Alliance is underepresented. And this is coming for someone that doesn't prefer either faction. I just have eyes.

    You are so dismissive of what everyone else might want because *you* don't want it/doesn't fit with *your* interpretation, why should I care about anything you say, really?

    I mean it when I say it I don't care anymore about what you think. Good Luck.

  6. #24646
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Yeah no. You don't get to say "there's no faction imbalance" and then try to walk it back saying you meant the populations. No one is saying the imbalance is caused by population, we literally simply have to point out in how every competitive metric the Alliance is underepresented. And this is coming for someone that doesn't prefer either faction. I just have eyes.

    You are so dismissive of what everyone else might want because *you* don't want it/doesn't fit with *your* interpretation, why should I care about anything you say, really?

    I mean it when I say it I don't care anymore about what you think. Good Luck.
    That is what I said
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    there is no faction imbalance, the alliance and the horde have the same population.
    Horde players are more hardcore and Alliance players are more RP. but their populations are equal.
    It's as if I complained that there is not enough RP in the horde

    - - - Updated - - -



    You mean when they killed and ate the horde soldiers and planned to use the horde as cattle?
    They have the same connection to the void elves, but at least the void elves use necromancy.

    alterac humans for the horde, sanlayn for the alliance! (apparently many alliance players want playable sanlayn that have them in their faction)
    You have to remember that it all started because someone said that the high elves were going to make more people play alliance because there was an imbalance. and there is no population imbalance.

    It's not my interpretation, it's the interpretation that blizzard gave the blood elves since the end of TBC
    from lorthemar telling sylvanas he would kill her if she raises the dead blood elves in SoO
    that we know that the Fel crystals were removed and replaced by mana crystals.
    lady liadrin en wod


    Rommath tell us that addiction was cured in legion.
    golden eyes in bfa
    all this journey led us to what the blood elves are now. that's why i oppose evil cannibals as blood elves customization, because i know blizzard they won't make the sanlyan good they will make the blood elves evil and reuse the horde as villains

  7. #24647
    Lol, there is literally an imbalance.

  8. #24648
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    36,628
    The thread is not about player-based faction imbalance between the Alliance and Horde, let's return to the actual topic of the thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

  9. #24649
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    So void elves really got blood elf hair colours, huh? Give them a few more years and maybe they'll get non-tentacle hairstyles as well.
    Oh they are also going to make the tentacles toggable.

    So probably any new hairstyles VE's get will also come with a non-tentacle version.

  10. #24650
    The whole point for blood elves on the horde was to fix the faction imbalance in classic. M

    it had achieved that by cataclysm. blood elves were no longer needed in the horde or to remain exclusive. It was inevitable that in time high elves would be permissbale as the race is originally alliance and still has its original identity tied to that faction.

    it prob took this long because blizzard wanted to keep faction races as different as possible, but things like Oanderan on both factions, the same faction BGs and arena and very high player demand kinda made it necessary to make an exception for elves.

    it was a done deal when they took Nightborne horde and gave void elves to the alliance. Once that was done it would only be a matter of time that high elves would be accessible.

    they likely won’t be as an allied race though. Blizzard has given you customisation options and officially allowed you to rile play sun races and factions without the game introducing them in start zone or allied race manner.


    whoch means your void elf toon can be an actual high elf offficiallynif that is what you want or be a void elf like Alleria who’s skin tone is unchanged.

    in tone the high elves on the alliance will dominate the Rhalassian narrative. Simply because in truth their are many more alliance fans of high elves than their are horde fans of blood elves. And they are more passionate.

    but this is as expected. Elves at their core in Warcraft have been alliance related and close ti their themes. Both Thalassian and night elves. It isn’t surprising that the night elf and high elf narrative will dominate from the alliance rather than their horde counterparts, because if the fans
    Valewalker Farodin: "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

    My long replies often repeat info to make sure: You get all the info I have, It is clear and complete, in case you didn't actually read the first one. New readers have context at hand and are reminded of the point

  11. #24651
    Brewmaster Pheraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Feralas, Mount Hyal, Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,262
    It's kinda hard to not reply to faction imbalance at this point of conversation.

    I try without adding more drama on top, I think it's okay to have a different opinion, guys.

    I can't speak of the numbers. Especially not since I'm on a dead realm who only lives because it is a connected realm and ontop of that connected to half of Europe nowadays. So it's really hard for me to have a neutral picture of this.
    But most of the more hardcore people are all playing horde. I don't think that you will get those people back to alliance with the high elf visuals for void elves. Maybe some of them. But most of them not.
    But NEW players who are clearly looking for the classic high elf aesthetics can now play alliance and this is a big win.
    One of my daughters wanted to test WoW and immediately picked blood elves. Then I said "but then we can't play together". ;D we've ended with autumn blonde night elf then.
    So there are people who play horde because they want to play strong monsters but I think most people pick the most beautiful races (yes this is subjective).
    So...
    I really hope high elf visuals will drive horde players back but the number of switchers will probably be not too high.
    I just love the change and I'm still in the state of processing this awesomeness. Will try them on PTR next week
    Vynd | Zorn | Pheraz | Silwyna | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - My personal Kaldorei army <3 Plus lots of voidy high elves <3

  12. #24652
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    The whole point for blood elves on the horde was to fix the faction imbalance in classic. M

    it had achieved that by cataclysm. blood elves were no longer needed in the horde or to remain exclusive. It was inevitable that in time high elves would be permissbale as the race is originally alliance and still has its original identity tied to that faction.

    it prob took this long because blizzard wanted to keep faction races as different as possible, but things like Oanderan on both factions, the same faction BGs and arena and very high player demand kinda made it necessary to make an exception for elves.

    it was a done deal when they took Nightborne horde and gave void elves to the alliance. Once that was done it would only be a matter of time that high elves would be accessible.

    they likely won’t be as an allied race though. Blizzard has given you customisation options and officially allowed you to rile play sun races and factions without the game introducing them in start zone or allied race manner.


    whoch means your void elf toon can be an actual high elf offficiallynif that is what you want or be a void elf like Alleria who’s skin tone is unchanged.

    in tone the high elves on the alliance will dominate the Rhalassian narrative. Simply because in truth their are many more alliance fans of high elves than their are horde fans of blood elves. And they are more passionate.

    but this is as expected. Elves at their core in Warcraft have been alliance related and close ti their themes. Both Thalassian and night elves. It isn’t surprising that the night elf and high elf narrative will dominate from the alliance rather than their horde counterparts, because if the fans
    Doesn't matter what they are at their core. Look at 8.2 - the Horde scene was commanded by the Blood Elves and Nightborne.

    And @Kyriani made the point that just because Void Elves have access to these, doesn't mean that Void Elf NPC's will be using these features (all barring Alleria.) These are RP tools that Blizzard are giving.
    The Void Elf NPC's, moving forward (again, with the exception of Alleria) will all likely have "Void" based features.

    Plus, the Blood Elves have their big advantage of having Silvermoon and Quel'Thalas, which both need updating, like this:
    https://keyboardturner.artstation.com/projects/nQm0Re

    So, no - each race will get their due in time. Nothing will be ignored because "it's more Alliance/Horde."

  13. #24653
    Bloodsail Admiral elbleuet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Doesn't matter what they are at their core. Look at 8.2 - the Horde scene was commanded by the Blood Elves and Nightborne.

    And @Kyriani made the point that just because Void Elves have access to these, doesn't mean that Void Elf NPC's will be using these features (all barring Alleria.) These are RP tools that Blizzard are giving.
    The Void Elf NPC's, moving forward (again, with the exception of Alleria) will all likely have "Void" based features.

    Plus, the Blood Elves have their big advantage of having Silvermoon and Quel'Thalas, which both need updating, like this:
    https://keyboardturner.artstation.com/projects/nQm0Re

    So, no - each race will get their due in time. Nothing will be ignored because "it's more Alliance/Horde."
    If you ask me, with Turalyon and Alleria rulling Stormwind, Quel'Thalas appears to be in great danger. So the blood elves holding Silvermoon for ever isn't guaranteed.
    Last edited by elbleuet; 2021-08-29 at 09:56 AM.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  14. #24654
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    If you ask me, with Turalyon and Alleria rulling Stormwind, Quel'Thalas appears to be in great danger. So the blood elves holding Silvermoon for ever isn't guaranteed.
    Another faction war expansion isn't in the best interests of anyone. Especially after BFA.

    Plus, Quel'Thalas and the Draenei Isles need to be updated for the Horde and Alliance respectively before they are lost to the opposing faction.

    It's Blood Elf fans who have been asking the longest for a Quel'Thalas update. Helf/Velfs fan will have to wait - I mean, maybe Helfs could get a district in Stormwind.
    Just because Sin'dorei fans are players on the Horde doesn't mean they should be ignored in favor of Helf fans.

  15. #24655
    Brewmaster Pheraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Feralas, Mount Hyal, Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Doesn't matter what they are at their core. Look at 8.2 - the Horde scene was commanded by the Blood Elves and Nightborne.

    And @Kyriani made the point that just because Void Elves have access to these, doesn't mean that Void Elf NPC's will be using these features (all barring Alleria.) These are RP tools that Blizzard are giving.
    The Void Elf NPC's, moving forward (again, with the exception of Alleria) will all likely have "Void" based features.

    Plus, the Blood Elves have their big advantage of having Silvermoon and Quel'Thalas, which both need updating, like this:
    https://keyboardturner.artstation.com/projects/nQm0Re

    So, no - each race will get their due in time. Nothing will be ignored because "it's more Alliance/Horde."
    I agree, except the very leader of the void elves, Alleria Windrunner, is still blonde with blue eyes.
    I think they will move to more to this pattern for future void elf NPCs now that they have high elf visuals in their palette. I am actually very sure, because if there wouldn't be high elf fans in the blizzard team, we would neither have void elves (which were the first olive branch) nor blonde hair, blue eyes and normal skin.

    "Look at me, I am the high elf now" ;D


    Only the hair color missing.
    Last edited by Pheraz; 2021-08-29 at 10:12 AM.
    Vynd | Zorn | Pheraz | Silwyna | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - My personal Kaldorei army <3 Plus lots of voidy high elves <3

  16. #24656
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Another faction war expansion isn't in the best interests of anyone. Especially after BFA.

    Plus, Quel'Thalas and the Draenei Isles need to be updated for the Horde and Alliance respectively before they are lost to the opposing faction.

    It's Blood Elf fans who have been asking the longest for a Quel'Thalas update. Helf/Velfs fan will have to wait - I mean, maybe Helfs could get a district in Stormwind.
    Just because Sin'dorei fans are players on the Horde doesn't mean they should be ignored in favor of Helf fans.
    I'd rather see a whole void-themed city on Telogrus than a few tents in Stormwind. In fact, all the tents in Telogrus are the problem. Surely the Void Elves could have built some majestic spires and cathedrals to the void after all this time.

  17. #24657
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I'd rather see a whole void-themed city on Telogrus than a few tents in Stormwind. In fact, all the tents in Telogrus are the problem. Surely the Void Elves could have built some majestic spires and cathedrals to the void after all this time.
    Well the key here is that I said "maybe Helfs could get a district in Stormwind."
    I'm all in favor of the playable races like Void Elves, getting more and a Telogrus City decorated in Void-Thalassian styles is something I fully support. Maybe something that looks a little like Tempest Keep, but more "void" and "thalassian."

    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I agree, except the very leader of the void elves, Alleria Windrunner, is still blonde with blue eyes.
    I think they will move to more to this pattern for future void elf NPCs now that they have high elf visuals in their palette. I am actually very sure, because if there wouldn't be high elf fans in the blizzard team, we would neither have void elves (which were the first olive branch) nor blonde hair, blue eyes and normal skin.
    Which is what I said, but Blizzard has always kept up the difference between the regular void elf npcs and the regular blood elf npcs.

    I reckon we might see more high elves (Silver Covenent) and void elves working together which would justify these changes. Maybe they all serve under the Void Elf banner.

  18. #24658
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Well the key here is that I said "maybe Helfs could get a district in Stormwind."
    I'm all in favor of the playable races like Void Elves, getting more and a Telogrus City decorated in Void-Thalassian styles is something I fully support. Maybe something that looks a little like Tempest Keep, but more "void" and "thalassian."
    I guess I just operate under the assumption that Void Elves and Alliance High Elves have merged into one. That's just my headcanon though, hopefully we get more lore in the future.

  19. #24659
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Another faction war expansion isn't in the best interests of anyone. Especially after BFA.

    Plus, Quel'Thalas and the Draenei Isles need to be updated for the Horde and Alliance respectively before they are lost to the opposing faction.
    I have to agree on the faction war. It was so contrived in BfA, and if, after all this Shadowlands BS, the two factions don't find a way to keep peace (even if its uneasy, more avoidance and silent animosity, than cooperation), then the faction leaders of both sides need to be deposed. Because how the hell do you not learn that being at war with each other all these years has done nothing good for either side, and not realize that these world ending threats keep showing up and we can't afford to be at each others throats when we face it (oft times together).

    As for Quel'Thalas... it needs to be updated desperately IMO. I'd also like to see it and Azuremyst merged into the vanilla world space if possible, but even if that's not possible, they need to be updated and flyable. The funny thing is, the Draenei areas and Exodar can probably be made flyable now with minimal work needed. Since the Exodar is a closed space, and the rest of the islands are pretty much complete even from flying vantage points, the only reason I can see for it not being flyable is that it wouldn't be fair.

    Silvermoon and the surrounding areas have so much "smoke and mirrors" elements to give the illusion of a massive city, that it just needs a ton of work. Not to mention the land surrounding Zul Aman would have to be finished/added to/molded to look like a natural part of the landscape. Right now it looks like a big square of mountains surrounding the exterior version of the instance.

    Is it possible we'll see void elf npc's using the natural skin and hair colors in the future? Sure, that's always a possibility. But I wouldn't expect any high elf development on the alliance beyond the story showcasing them being slowly merged with the ren'dorei. It may not be the story I wanted for the alliance high elves, but with the addition of void elves, it's the story that makes the most sense to me now.

    But who knows what blizzard will do? The "rule of cool" seems to trump what makes sense organically when it comes to blizzard's writing so anything is possible.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-08-29 at 01:47 PM.

  20. #24660
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    So void elves really got blood elf hair colours, huh? Give them a few more years and maybe they'll get non-tentacle hairstyles as well.
    Jokes on you, all of them will be without tentacles :^]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Plus, Quel'Thalas and the Draenei Isles need to be updated for the Horde and Alliance respectively before they are lost to the opposing faction.

    It's Blood Elf fans who have been asking the longest for a Quel'Thalas update.
    Lmao, i remember being pretty pissed that they didnt do this for BFA, i mean it was the perfect time to do so. They could at the very least connect it to actual landmass of EK.
    Last edited by Flade; 2021-08-29 at 01:45 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •