1. #24861
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I would really just merge most AR's with their Core Races and have different origins.
    That's not what I asked.

    Again, with lore integrity Taken into consideration, should maghar have green skin options or mechagnomes with zero cybernetics if players requested them, YES or NO

  2. #24862
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    That's not what I asked.

    Again, with lore integrity Taken into consideration, should maghar have green skin options or mechagnomes with zero cybernetics if players requested them, YES or NO
    What a disingenuous question tho, lol.

    Are Green Orcs or non mechanized gnomes available to the same faction otherwise?

    Come on. Don't try to make a "gotcha" when the whole context is different.

    Also, when you said "draenei customizations" I was really thinking about hairstyles and jewelry, those should be shared between CR and AR.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Lightforged Draenei should've been a Draenei option and in their place we should have had Krokul/Broken.

    Also forehead plate options for Draenei when?
    Yeah.

    Honestly LFD, Maghar, HMT and Dark Iron Dwarves all should have been customization options.

  3. #24863
    Field Marshal Valandale's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    80
    Since we got our High Elf options, and the squeeze being felt by Blizz atm, i think it is the best time for just everyone to start asking for what they want added for customization. I don't think we'll see any new ARs or even new races anytime soon but customization seems like a good chance of being added. Tattooes and runes on skin for everyone really! All elves have rune-tattoos in their cultures, heck it'd be fun to see Void Tattoos for VEs, Arcane for both, Light and/or Fel Tattoos for BE since the Legion is now vanquished the leniency towards fel magic might slide just that much. I just wish the tattoo colors worked well. For Orcs, i don't use much tattooing even though I wish i could because the colors kind of clash with the rest of the textures.

    Oh and more scars! All the elves live for so long, they don't have near enough scarring options for that kind of wear and tear.
    Last edited by Valandale; 2021-09-02 at 08:32 PM.

  4. #24864
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    What a disingenuous question tho, lol.

    Are Green Orcs or non mechanized gnomes available to the same faction otherwise?

    Come on. Don't try to make a "gotcha" when the whole context is different.

    Also, when you said "draenei customizations" I was really thinking about hairstyles and jewelry, those should be shared between CR and AR.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah.

    Honestly LFD, Maghar, HMT and Dark Iron Dwarves all should have been customization options.
    It's not a disingenuous question.

    Maghar cant be green because they lack fel corruption and mechagnomes need to obviously have cybernetic enhancements.

    So with that in mind its okay for a VOID elf to have zero void features??? The fact that helfers want pure elves in the alliance is irrelevant and shouldn't effect the integrity of the race you're playing. That is blizzard's mistake and it cost awesome new possible void options.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-09-02 at 08:30 PM.

  5. #24865
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    It's not a disingenuous question.

    Maghar cant be green because they lack fel corruption and mechagnomes need to obviously have cybernetic enhancements.

    So with that in mind its okay for a VOID elf to have zero void features??? The fact that helfers want pure elves in the alliance is irrelevant and shouldn't effect the integrity of the race you're playing.
    Sure, if you want to pretzel your logic to make sense.

    Like we are all talking about model availability and resource eficiency, and you come up with the "but race integrity!?!?" BS

    Maghar don't need green skin because the Horde already has Orcs.

    Machagnomes don't need non-enhanced bodies because the Alliance already has Gnomes.

    Void Elves needed HE options because there was no other feasible way to have HE fantasy on the Alliance.

    Your point is WEAK AS HELL!!! if you need to remove the actual context to make it.

  6. #24866
    Field Marshal Valandale's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    80
    About the only thing Mechagnomes need is the ability to change the metal colorings so they match the heritage armor or more heritage armor colors. That and partial mechanization. It'd be cool for like one mecha arm and one flesh, or just a single mech-eye. Part of that is probably animations and armor mechanics though...

  7. #24867
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Sure, if you want to pretzel your logic to make sense.

    Like we are all talking about model availability and resource eficiency, and you come up with the "but race integrity!?!?" BS

    Maghar don't need green skin because the Horde already has Orcs.

    Machagnomes don't need non-enhanced bodies because the Alliance already has Gnomes.

    Void Elves needed HE options because there was no other feasible way to have HE fantasy on the Alliance.

    Your point is WEAK AS HELL!!! if you need to remove the actual context to make it.

    The Alliance never needed HE's in the first place! Pure elves were horde and high elf NPC's should have stayed as NPC's. Voidy Velves should have been the one and only compromise. Hell NB's should have been alliance and Sanlyan should have been Horde.


    The fact that you dont care about the integrity really says a lot though. Honestly, just screw the lore and lets have regular undead become paladins with zero explanations as to why, give maghar the ability to be warlocks, make alliance goblins, horde kul tirans, and any other crazy shit you can think of because keeping integrity for the lore is "BS", right? As long as every special snowflake is happy. Cuz that's all that matters.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-09-02 at 08:42 PM.

  8. #24868
    itt Horde players sneething because the Alliance finally gets something that was taken from them in the first place for no good reason

  9. #24869
    Still waiting for Blizzard to give fair skin and blue eyes to Void Elves.

  10. #24870
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    itt Horde players sneething because the Alliance finally gets something that was taken from them in the first place for no good reason
    No one took anything away. Quel'thalas left the alliance because they were treated like shit and abandoned. TBC explained their induction in the horde perfectly especially as sylvanas was their ambassador.

  11. #24871
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    The Alliance never needed HE's in the first place! Pure elves were horde and high elf NPC's should have stayed as NPC's. Voidy Velves should have been the one and only compromise. Hell NB's should have been alliance and Sanlyan should have been Horde.


    The fact that you dont care about the integrity really says a lot though. Honestly, just screw the lore and lets have regular undead become paladins with zero explanations as to why, give maghar the ability to be warlocks, make alliance goblins, horde kul tirans, and any other crazy shit you can think of because keeping integrity for the lore is "BS", right? As long as every special snowflake is happy. Cuz that's all that matters.
    The Alliance needed the High elves to be complete again. And now it is.
    High elves never left the Alliance, and are everywhere in WoW.

    We have Alleria Windrunner, Vereesa Windrunner, Auric Sunchaser ...

    Also High elves were founding members of the Alliance of Lordaeron...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Still waiting for Blizzard to give fair skin and blue eyes to Void Elves.
    It's already the case.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  12. #24872
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    The Alliance never needed HE's in the first place! Pure elves were horde and high elf NPC's should have stayed as NPC's. Voidy Velves should have been the one and only compromise. The fact that you dont care about the integrity really says a lot though. Honestly, just screw the lore and lets have regular undead become paladins with zero explanations as to why, give maghar the ability to be warlocks, make alliance goblins, horde kul tirans, and any other crazy shit you can think of because keeping integrity for the lore is "BS", right? As long as every special snowflake is happy. Cuz that's all that matters.
    Are you quite finished with your tantrum?

    It's just hilarious that you wail and wail about "the integrity of the lore" when the desire of High Elves literally is a reflection of want to see an aspect of the lore playable.

    Alliance High Elves are part of the Lore, now they are playable. This was done by adding their aesthetics on an already existing model, which was efficient.

    I don't know how you want anyone to respect your argument about lore integrity, when the argument about High Elves has always been about the lore. That you are trying to make it an argument about the integrity of the gameplay assets is just profoundly sad.

    Get well soon.

  13. #24873
    "Nooo, you can't give Void Elves High Elf options. We stole that fair and square because nobody wanted to play the Horde without a pretty race option in 2005"

  14. #24874
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Still waiting for Blizzard to give fair skin and blue eyes to Void Elves.
    GIRL!?! Where have you been since 2020??

  15. #24875
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    The Alliance needed the High elves to be complete again. And now it is.
    High elves never left the Alliance, and are everywhere in WoW.

    We have Alleria Windrunner, Vereesa Windrunner, Auric Sunchaser ...

    Also High elves were founding members of the Alliance of Lordaeron...

    - - - Updated - - -



    It's already the case.
    The entire kingdom of Quel'thalas left the alliance because they were not appreciated and abandoned in their hour of greatest need, just because a small group of helves decided to stay out of some messed up sense of stockhom syndrome and then made up the small silver covenant doesnt mean they should have been playable. They were just a small faction for flavor but somehow alliance players saw it as carrot waving because they loooooved the belf model so much and couldnt stand to play with orcs.

    Now, we have an awesome void race and an expansion that preached about racial customization and not a single freaking void option was added, oh but you got a fuck ton of pure options. FFS velves have more pure skin tones than they do void. Like come on... Oh but hey good for the helfers, they got what they wanted, but not really, at the expense of their race.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Are you quite finished with your tantrum?

    It's just hilarious that you wail and wail about "the integrity of the lore" when the desire of High Elves literally is a reflection of want to see an aspect of the lore playable.

    Alliance High Elves are part of the Lore, now they are playable. This was done by adding their aesthetics on an already existing model, which was efficient.

    Again, so are horde kul tirans and alliance goblins, doesn't mean they should be playable. Not everything an NPC has should be reflected for players.

    I'm right, and that's all there is to it and you know it. Now you're stuck with half baked velves and add ons that say high elf when you mouse over your toon.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-09-02 at 08:57 PM.

  16. #24876
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    GIRL!?! Where have you been since 2020??
    Still look malformed.

  17. #24877
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    you lie. you wanted to take quelthalas from us and not give the blood elves anything in return. because for you the blood elves should not have anything since all the lore and the aesthetics of the blood elves should belong to the alliance, and maybe become sanlayn and have sanlayn aesthetics instead of our aesthetics and lore.

    - - - Updated - - -




    That’s cos as soon as you read lose Silvermoon you stoooed reading the rest and rushed to reply.

    yoh were so upset about losing it you couldn’t see the opportunity for a remake.

    when I was talking about fixing the faction identity and balance, making horde elves smaller was a good strategy, but as I explained in depth , that would be temporary and foreshadow a makeover where they could then be more prominent again.

    their end result was something better but more fitting to the horde theme. I remember specifically mentioning it could be fantastic and majestic. Just not high elven. Whatever it wa should be blood elven and severed from that alliance high elf stuff.

    ut was a direction, it wasn’t about removing blood elves or giving them nothing

  18. #24878
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    The entire kingdom of Quel'thalas left the alliance because they were not appreciated and abandoned in their hour of greatest need, just because a small group of helves decided to stay out of some messed up sense of stockhom syndrome and then made up the small silver covenant doesnt mean they should have been playable. They were just a small faction for flavor but somehow alliance players saw it as carrot waving because they loooooved the belf model so much and couldnt stand to play with orcs.

    Now, we have an awesome void race and an expansion that preached about racial customization and not a single freaking void option was added, oh but you got a fuck ton of pure options. FFS velves have more pure skin tones than they do void. Like come on... Oh but hey good for the helfers, they got what they wanted, but not really, at the expense of their race.




    Again, so are horde kul tirans and alliance goblins, doesn't mean they should be playable. Not everything an NPC has should be reflected for players.

    I'm right, and that's all there is to it and you know it. Now you're stuck with half baked velves and add ons that say high elf when you mouse over your toon.
    You can't just compare High elves with Alliance goblins.

    Alliance High elves are everywhere. In Stormwind, Dalaran, Kul'Tiras, Stromgarde, in Outland, in the Hinterlands, in Argus, in Northrend ...

    Since the beginning, High elves were destined to be an Alliance race.

    In Vanilla you had an Alliance High elf npc hinting this until Blizzard decided to make it a Horde race to help restoring the balance in the Horde vs Alliance population.

    The Horde stole the Blood elves at the expense of the Alliance. And in 9.1.5, things are gonna get fixed.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

  19. #24879
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    You can't just compare High elves with Alliance goblins.

    Alliance High elves are everywhere. In Stormwind, Dalaran, Kul'Tiras, Stromgarde, in Outland, in the Hinterlands, in Argus, in Northrend ...

    Since the beginning, High elves were destined to be an Alliance race.

    In Vanilla you had an Alliance High elf npc hinting this until Blizzard decided to make it a Horde race to help restoring the balance in the Horde vs Alliance population.

    The Horde stole the Blood elves at the expense of the Alliance. And in 9.1.5, things are gonna get fixed.

    It's like you deliberately ignored everything else I said. A small splinter cell of quelthalas elves doesn't make them "destined" to be a playable alliance race. Them turning Horde instead was refreshing and an organic evolution of their story. The horde didn't steal anything. If anyone stole anything its the alliance at the expense of their own velf race. Now all you have is a race with identity issues. Nothing is being fixed.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-09-02 at 09:18 PM.

  20. #24880
    Brewmaster elbleuet's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    It's like you deliberately ignored everything else I said. A small splinter cell of quelthalas elves doesn't make them "destined" to be a playable alliance race. Them turning Horde instead was refreshing and an organic evolution of their story. The horde didn't steal anything. If anyone stole anything its the alliance at the expense of their own velf race. Now all you have is a race with identity issues.
    The void elves were never really a race to begin with.

    It was just a small group of elves that dealt too deeply with the void. You can't make a race with that.

    Now as a group which comprise both void & high (or blood elves), we can consider void elves as a true and viable race.

    So that's a win win if you ask me.

    And I can deal with Void elves identity issues
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •