1. #25201
    A lack of the paladin class is not going to make me enjoy my void elves any less, nor will it diminish the high elf customization blizzard has provided for me to rp as a high elf on the alliance if that is my desire. The idea that crowing about a lack of paladins would somehow rain on anyone's parade is both infantile and laughable to me. Take comfort in that lack of paladins if you must... but don't be shocked if blizzard gives void elves access to it one day. The "rule of cool" seems to always trump logic and lore so nothing is really off the table when you think about it.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-09-06 at 12:51 AM.

  2. #25202
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    A lack of the paladin class is not going to make me enjoy my void elves any less, nor will it diminish the high elf customization blizzard has provided for me to rp as a high elf on the alliance if that is my desire. The idea that crowing about a lack of paladins would somehow rain on anyone's parade is both infantile and laughable to me. Take comfort in that lack of paladins if you must... but don't be shocked if blizzard gives void elves access to it one day. The "rule of cool" seems to always trump logic and lore so nothing is really off the table when you think about it.
    Tell that to the helfers on GD on the official forums who are clamoring for velf paladins and those few in this thread hoping for a glyph of entropic embrace. It's never enough for these people and why the helf community gets so much crap from so many players. Because they're so obnoxious and pretty much turned velves into a race stuck in identity limbo.

  3. #25203
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Tell that to the helfers on GD on the official forums who are clamoring for velf paladins and those few in this thread hoping for a glyph of entropic embrace. It's never enough for these people and why the helf community gets so much crap from so many players. Because they're so obnoxious and pretty much turned velves into a race stuck in identity limbo.
    People will always ask for what they want. There's not much we can do about that. Those people may be obnoxious (and I honestly wish they would stop) but all you're doing right now is basically saying "you still don't have paladins so you aren't really high elves! nya nya!" it's childish.

    And what will you do if blizz caves yet again and gives them paladins and a way to hide entropic embrace? I've come to be cautious when assuming something will never happen because blizzard just seems to be giving in every time. I can't imagine it will last, but damn if I'm still shocked void elves have gotten what they've gotten so far.

    The skin tones really shocked me back in SL alpha. I thought that would be the end of it. Maybe void elves might get black and white hair colors I thought, but never did I think blonde and red would happen, yet here we are. Same can be said for the tentacle toggle. The pro-helfers just keep winning the damn customization lottery it seems, so I'd be wary saying things like "you're never going to get x" because blizzard just seems to want to prove us wrong whenever we do.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-09-06 at 01:30 AM.

  4. #25204
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    How does it feel to play a race with no real identity? You only have yourselves to blame. Could have had an awesome monstrous void race but now your stuck with a diluted that doesn't know what it really is.
    First off, I'm wanna say that I'm not one of those that are demanding the Paladin class, Quel'thalas, or Entropic Embrace changes, BUT I'm all for more High Elf customizations such as hairstyles, hair colors, tattoos, etc.

    And you know why? Because the first Void Elf, the one that inspired the race, has nothing to do with being/becoming a monster as you said, she is just a standard High Elf who wield Void Power, nothing more!

    THIS is the Void Elf REAL IDENTITY:
    Azeroth must be remastered!

  5. #25205
    I don't even need/want "high elf" hairstyles. I just want "more" hairstyles. Ideally they'd all work for whatever theme we'd want, and the tentacle toggle would add tentacles to them, but I don't need hairstyles that are labeled specifically as "high elf hairstyles".

  6. #25206
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    A lack of the paladin class is not going to make me enjoy my void elves any less, nor will it diminish the high elf customization blizzard has provided for me to rp as a high elf on the alliance if that is my desire. The idea that crowing about a lack of paladins would somehow rain on anyone's parade is both infantile and laughable to me. Take comfort in that lack of paladins if you must... but don't be shocked if blizzard gives void elves access to it one day. The "rule of cool" seems to always trump logic and lore so nothing is really off the table when you think about it.
    Best to just not give him attention. Pretending anyone is convinced by his shrieking denial is the only way for him to find some respite from the aching fact that Void/High Elf players are happy with their new options.

  7. #25207
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Tell that to the helfers on GD on the official forums who are clamoring for velf paladins and those few in this thread hoping for a glyph of entropic embrace. It's never enough for these people and why the helf community gets so much crap from so many players. Because they're so obnoxious and pretty much turned velves into a race stuck in identity limbo.
    Why do you even care if they want paladins or a glyph for entropic embrace? If Horde players want undead paladins or race specific colors for certain classes, like Glyph of the Sun, more power to them, go ask. They got A LOT of what they've requested over the years, including gold, blue, and purple eyes for blood elves. Why cant Alliance get anything cool that they've been asking for years too?

    It's not like there's a hard cap on customization options; it usually takes several years before something major like new hairstyles or classes open up for races.

    I will say one thing. I was initially annoyed when Zandalari paladins were announced. Paladins were originally a very Alliance only class, and a major unique identity to Humans. Now everyone, including ugly ass Trolls can wield Ashbringer. So why do you care if purple elves can be paladins?

  8. #25208
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Why do you even care if they want paladins or a glyph for entropic embrace? If Horde players want undead paladins or race specific colors for certain classes, like Glyph of the Sun, more power to them, go ask. They got A LOT of what they've requested over the years, including gold, blue, and purple eyes for blood elves. Why cant Alliance get anything cool that they've been asking for years too?

    It's not like there's a hard cap on customization options; it usually takes several years before something major like new hairstyles or classes open up for races.

    I will say one thing. I was initially annoyed when Zandalari paladins were announced. Paladins were originally a very Alliance only class, and a major unique identity to Humans. Now everyone, including ugly ass Trolls can wield Ashbringer. So why do you care if purple elves can be paladins?
    This isnt a horde vs alliance thing. Velves cant get paladins because they physically cant be paladins. Same as undead. My eyes roll out of there sockets each time someone makes an undead paladin thread and act as if vanilla-ass forsaken are anything like sir zeleak and calia or think holy priests are anything like a paladin.

    And prelates existed since mop for zanda trolls, so it made perfect sense to give them that class. I doubt regular trolls would get them since then they'd have access to every class except DH.

  9. #25209
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    God, I hope the new hair colors come out soon so we can veer away from this endless "where to the elves belong" conversation.



    Not that I disagree with your overall point -personally I would say that every decision since BC has brought the BE and the Horde closer and closer, and the only moment they actually considered leaving was during MoP and we know how all that went. And it was after Garrosh their place on the Horde further cemented itself-

    But the orcs themselves also attacked the borders of Quel'thalas. It wasn't just the Forest Trolls on their own, Orgrim Doomhamer himself lead the Horde during the attack.

    What group they chose to forgive has less to do with "who caused them more harm" and more about the politics, and let's not forget that one of the main reasons Blood Elves have risen again is because of their political cunning.
    Fairly sensible, I suppose. I would say the border conflict isn't quite as bad as the near-extinction of the Blood Elves people courtesy of Garithos. However, I do thank you for the correction, as I had imagined the degree of conflict to be less severe than it was.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Because they have a "council" of sorts? That's the only similarity I see.

    Otherwise the Horde is still a filthy throng filled mostly with monsters
    A filthy throng filled with monsters, who also happen to be far more technologically-dynamic than the Alliance, having long-since industrialized despite starting off near-tribal, and then proceeded to invent actual, modern military tactics and start playing Trench Warfare whilst the Alliance was playing sword & board.

  10. #25210
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Fairly sensible, I suppose. I would say the border conflict isn't quite as bad as the near-extinction of the Blood Elves people courtesy of Garithos. However, I do thank you for the correction, as I had imagined the degree of conflict to be less severe than it was.
    Also I think why the Garithos thing was so appalling for the Blood Elves it was because he was literally going to execute their freaking leader.

    WoW kinda retconned that Kael'thas only took its most capable warriors -basically the remaining elven army- back to Dalaran, with the rest of the citizenry remaining on Quel'thalas. Would have the BE survived without Kael? probably not.

    But yeah, I think the reason why the Windrunners have their grudge against the Horde are as valid as the BE's against the Alliance, but the Horde attack was something that really did not affect Silvermoon in large meassure -Alleria had to drop a severed troll head in front of Anasterian so he finally realized how the Amani had launched an all out offensive against them with the Horde before Anasterian marched his troops and joined the alliance-

    By contrast, Garithos attempted execution of their prince was something that obviously deeply affected all the remaining elves, already shattered as they were.

    That's why I love about this HE/BE divide, I can totally see why the schism happened and it's so hard to get pass. And I can see why the Blood Elves -now led by Lor'themar- were open to returning to the alliance, but why the HE/VE, lead by the Windrunners, are still adamant that their people should leave the Horde.

    - - - Updated - - -

    We have more Kul'tiran paladins in lore Post Third War than High Elven paladins lmao.

    Anyway! A glyph or spell change a la "Arcane Momentum" where Entropic Embrace just doesn't load the blue skin and hair texture would be enough IMO, it just gives you a nice blue sheen.

  11. #25211
    Thanks mods!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I don't even need/want "high elf" hairstyles. I just want "more" hairstyles. Ideally they'd all work for whatever theme we'd want, and the tentacle toggle would add tentacles to them, but I don't need hairstyles that are labeled specifically as "high elf hairstyles".
    For me personally the best outcome would be we get a patch smilar to nightborne/lightforged with a bunch of brand new hairstyles, tattoos, piercings etc. Styles that fit both void elves and high elves, and in the same patch the baseline de-tentacled velf hairstyles are given to blood elves, while the old (TBC to BFA) belf hairstyles are given to velfs. Keeping Shadowlands assets somewhat exclusive.

  12. #25212
    The problem is High Elf fans have one more thing they can ask for, which is Farstrider tattoos. Personally, I'd like to see them focus on actual void additions next.
    Maybe they can do both at the same time. Add a tattoo option with void markings and farstrider ones.

  13. #25213
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The problem is High Elf fans have one more thing they can ask for, which is Farstrider tattoos. Personally, I'd like to see them focus on actual void additions next.
    Maybe they can do both at the same time. Add a tattoo option with void markings and farstrider ones.
    The best solution would be adding:

    - Farstrider tattoo for both void and blood elves
    - Add runic tattoo a la TBC cover for blood elves
    - Add void themed tattoos for void elves

    Each race would be able to select colors for tattoos:

    - Blue, White, Green, Teal: both (Farstrider theme)
    - Red, Orange, Gold: blood elves
    - Purple, Black, Dark Blue: Void elves

  14. #25214
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    The best solution would be adding:

    - Farstrider tattoo for both void and blood elves
    - Add runic tattoo a la TBC cover for blood elves
    - Add void themed tattoos for void elves

    Each race would be able to select colors for tattoos:

    - Blue, White, Green, Teal: both (Farstrider theme)
    - Red, Orange, Gold: blood elves
    - Purple, Black, Dark Blue: Void elves
    Yeah, probably. After that, I'd like to see more actual void stuff for Void Elves. N'zoth like eyes, elaborate tentacle hair with eyes and maws and maybe some astral particle patterns like their heritage armor.

  15. #25215
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The problem is High Elf fans have one more thing they can ask for, which is Farstrider tattoos. Personally, I'd like to see them focus on actual void additions next.
    Maybe they can do both at the same time. Add a tattoo option with void markings and farstrider ones.
    The classic farstrider tattoos fit void elves just as much as they do high elves imo. Especially if they come in blue and purple. They already look like winding, coiling tentacles. Plus it makes sense they'd decorate themselves in the image of their leader/savior. Honestly it'd be a little odd seeing blood elves with them nowadays given that Alleria is the only real example we have of those tattoos being a thing at all.

    Would kinda prefer blood elves get the TBC box art runic stuff or Rommaths style if I had to choose.

  16. #25216
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The problem is High Elf fans have one more thing they can ask for, which is Farstrider tattoos. Personally, I'd like to see them focus on actual void additions next.
    Maybe they can do both at the same time. Add a tattoo option with void markings and farstrider ones.
    While i'd love Farstrider tattoos, I think they should be void focused, like in the sense of at most we get one farstrider focused tattoo with the rest being more so void markings.

    Because I do think void markings would be neat, and tbh it could be the thing from Alleria's design that bleeds over to the Void Elves, buuut IDK, if they have another idea I wouldn't be mad if we never get tattoos/markings.

    But yeah, personally I would give all thalassian elves tattoos, just in different flavors, with the farstrider ones being the overlap.

  17. #25217
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    This isnt a horde vs alliance thing. Velves cant get paladins because they physically cant be paladins. Same as undead. My eyes roll out of there sockets each time someone makes an undead paladin thread and act as if vanilla-ass forsaken are anything like sir zeleak and calia or think holy priests are anything like a paladin.

    And prelates existed since mop for zanda trolls, so it made perfect sense to give them that class. I doubt regular trolls would get them since then they'd have access to every class except DH.
    Exactly this. Where there is Void, there Light has a problem. Like Alleria coming near the Sunwell almost caused a catastrophe. With Priests, its arguable, they are used to manage both Light and Shadow spells. But Paladins only have the Light, and it is anathema to Void and the Undead. Just because there are some signature characters as exceptions, they do not have to be made into playable options. Sir Zeliek suffers every moment of his existence. Calia is not even Undead, she is some kind of light infused flesh construct, with a totally different creation as the Forsaken or the Scourge.

    And Zandalari deserve to have their Paladins because of lore, just as was said.

    Just as I told, if you give the High Elf cultists a small finger, they will first want the whole hand, than the arm, and then will swallow you whole.

  18. #25218
    The Ren'dorei should get tattoos options simply by virtue of being former Sin'dorei scholars.

    Their leader Alleria also has magical runes/tattoos (whatever they are) by the way.

  19. #25219
    Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Exactly this. Where there is Void, there Light has a problem. Like Alleria coming near the Sunwell almost caused a catastrophe. With Priests, its arguable, they are used to manage both Light and Shadow spells. But Paladins only have the Light, and it is anathema to Void and the Undead. Just because there are some signature characters as exceptions, they do not have to be made into playable options. Sir Zeliek suffers every moment of his existence. Calia is not even Undead, she is some kind of light infused flesh construct, with a totally different creation as the Forsaken or the Scourge.

    And Zandalari deserve to have their Paladins because of lore, just as was said.

    Just as I told, if you give the High Elf cultists a small finger, they will first want the whole hand, than the arm, and then will swallow you whole.
    Nahh, you do not get to redifine Calia as something else because you don't like it. She's literally a holy powered undead.

    That's what people like you fear the most, isn't it? How the lore evolves beyond what you deem acceptable?

    I don't even need for VE's to be paladins, but it would be pretty neat if they took advantage of the naaru cycle of light and void to create their own order of Void Knights. It's all part of the same cycle, what if Paladins could also reflect that?

    What would you do then, uh?

  20. #25220
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Nahh, you do not get to redifine Calia as something else because you don't like it. She's literally a holy powered undead.

    That's what people like you fear the most, isn't it? How the lore evolves beyond what you deem acceptable?

    I don't even need for VE's to be paladins, but it would be pretty neat if they took advantage of the naaru cycle of light and void to create their own order of Void Knights. It's all part of the same cycle, what if Paladins could also reflect that?

    What would you do then, uh?
    Priests have discipline as well which is a balance of both. Void elf paladins could use that, for example.
    I mean, disc literally has holy and shadow intertwining spells like penance.

    I think the Sunwell is a special case cause it's a font.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •