1. #25221
    Why exactly are posters on this thread talking for pages and pages about Ren'dorei paladins being "lore breaking" when the Twilight's Hammer Cult, the Cult worshipping the Old Gods and the coming of the Hour of Twilight, employed rogue paladins in their ranks?

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Twilight_Vindicator

    These are paladins named "Vindicators" (a name used in Draenei society to refer to paladins), they are dressed like paladins, fight like paladins, and use paladin abilities. And they are part of a cult that worships the Void and live in the Void wasteland known as the Bastion of Twilight, infused and clouded in perpetual darkness.

    Yet they are still paladins.

    So Ren'dorei paladins would be lore-breaking because... ?????????

    If Blizzard ever feels like adding a bunch of new race-class options like they did in Cataclysm, Void elf Paladins will become playable, bookmark this post for the future.

    Void elves sell, Paladins sell, the fantasy of a "Dark Paladin" sells, the lore allows this (Twilight Vindicators), there's not much left to be said on the subject.

  2. #25222
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    You do you, with endless Night Elf threads and I'll do me.

    If I was this engaged to Night Elf lore, you'd be championing me right now - because it's for the Horde Sin'dorei, and I'm simply expressing my wishes for my favorite race. For starters, they need their starter zone updating, with Silvermoon completely done (including the Ruins of Silvermoon.) Many people are passionate about their preferred races.

    And you don't accept that Silvermoon and Suramar are Horde. Everytime, you want the cities either shared or given to the Alliance. The latter isn't even a proper functioning Horde City anyway. Hell, you've even spoke about Lordaeron and Highmountain going to the Alliance - so that's 4 Horde races that have been displaced for no reason and to expect that happens in a none-red vs blue expansion, is just laughable. Blizzard have already said that BFA would be a last red vs blue expansion, for a number of years. Good, because the last one was a disaster.

    And both you and Rhlor are wrong about Suramar. It's not part of the Horde content - we literally only have the Nighthold and that's it. We don't get the "Grand City of Suramar." We literally just get a small circle, no bigger than Stormwind Park + a bit of the Mage District.

    And if Night Elves get a new city in Hyjal, then Blood Elves should get an updated Suramar. Hell, the idea of a Quel'Thalas Warfront is enough that they can bring Quel'Thalas and Azuremyst Isle out of the Outland Maps and connect them back to the Azeroth Maps.

    I predict a Void Elf/High Elf City to be made, but either in Duskwood (or the Stormwind-Human Province), or in Telogrus.
    Tanaria. I champion you in spirit. But you make it hard for me to show my support more openly in forums because of how argumentative you can get.

    I agree with everything you just said. You don’t realise how much. Yet it is sometimes besides the point because I believe you have a persecuted complex. You feel I’m out to get you or your fave race. You have no idea how much I like the blood elves too. But they aren’t the only race I like Ofc.

    im an elf fan first. Nightnelves preoccupy my focus because of their neglect and lesser degree of support and understanding of their race often prompts much bigger responses in their corner.

    you guys cover Thalassians so well. There is little I need to add. But when I do these things I also look at their interests.

    I don’t hate the horde. But I’m an elf fan first. I lean more to the alliance on theme and principal. But I’m really not that anti.

    anywau. Hope this helps. I understand you.
    Valewalker Farodin: "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

    My long replies often repeat info to make sure: You get all the info I have, It is clear and complete, in case you didn't actually read the first one. New readers have context at hand and are reminded of the point

  3. #25223
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    The best solution would be adding:

    - Farstrider tattoo for both void and blood elves
    - Add runic tattoo a la TBC cover for blood elves
    - Add void themed tattoos for void elves

    Each race would be able to select colors for tattoos:

    - Blue, White, Green, Teal: both (Farstrider theme)
    - Red, Orange, Gold: blood elves
    - Purple, Black, Dark Blue: Void elves
    Blood elves also needs magister tattoos like rommath
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2021-09-06 at 12:15 PM.

  4. #25224
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Blood elves also needs magister tattoos like rommath
    Only Blood elves?

    The original leader of the Ren'dorei is a Magister by the way.

  5. #25225
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    While i'd love Farstrider tattoos, I think they should be void focused, like in the sense of at most we get one farstrider focused tattoo with the rest being more so void markings.

    Because I do think void markings would be neat, and tbh it could be the thing from Alleria's design that bleeds over to the Void Elves, buuut IDK, if they have another idea I wouldn't be mad if we never get tattoos/markings.

    But yeah, personally I would give all thalassian elves tattoos, just in different flavors, with the farstrider ones being the overlap.
    I do think Farstrider markings make sense as an option. I just don't want every addition from now on to be High Elf focused. The best way to do it would thusly be to add tattoos/markings and add both void and High Elf variants. Other than that, I'd like to mostly just see new void stuff. It's time for Blizzard to emphasize the void in Void Elf.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Ren'dorei should get tattoos options simply by virtue of being former Sin'dorei scholars.

    Their leader Alleria also has magical runes/tattoos (whatever they are) by the way.
    Not sure if they're runes, markings or tattoos, but they're a Ranger thing, I'm pretty sure. Those would work well for both Blood and High Elves (Void)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wired-Lain View Post
    The classic farstrider tattoos fit void elves just as much as they do high elves imo. Especially if they come in blue and purple. They already look like winding, coiling tentacles. Plus it makes sense they'd decorate themselves in the image of their leader/savior. Honestly it'd be a little odd seeing blood elves with them nowadays given that Alleria is the only real example we have of those tattoos being a thing at all.

    Would kinda prefer blood elves get the TBC box art runic stuff or Rommaths style if I had to choose.
    You're not wrong, they could indeed work for Void Elves, but I do think there should be some actual unique voidy markings there, too.

    It'd also be pretty easy for them to add. Other than that, scars, more jewelry? Jewelry color options, maybe? Necklaces? New hairstyles.

    I know there's been a lot of bellyaching about VE being pulled ahead, but they really haven't. Their options pale in comparison to Nightborne and Lightforged in 7.1.5 and even their Blood Elf counterparts. They need a proper customization update. The reused skins and hair colors, while impactful for High Elf players, don't actually constitute a major customization overhaul.

  6. #25226
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Not sure if they're runes, markings or tattoos, but they're a Ranger thing, I'm pretty sure. Those would work well for both Blood and High Elves (Void)
    It could be both really. It could be tattoos carved on their flesh that also serve as magical runes to boost and augment their magical affinity and prowess.

    After all Blood elves, whether they be a mage or a hunter or a warrior, have that Arcane-based racial.

    An interesting thing is that her runes change colour when she turns into her Void state, does that not imply that they are magical in nature? Otherwise they'd remain azure:



    By the way, the Sin'dorei on the cover of TBC was a Magister and he too had magical runes on his flesh. So it's not just a tradition of the Farstriders.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-09-06 at 02:38 PM.

  7. #25227
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Blood elves also needs magister tattoos like rommath
    Sure, I thought that's the "runic tattoo" option which includes that too. I'm definitely up for that options for blood elves.

  8. #25228
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    16,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    An interesting thing is that her runes change colour when she turns into her Void state, does that not imply that they are magical in nature? Otherwise they'd remain azure:
    Underneath those tattoos there is skin. Skin that is now glowing purple. Of course it would change the color of the runes now that it has a purple light glowing through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  9. #25229
    I LOVE the new stuff. Acctually thinking about going Nightborne instead




  10. #25230
    Ah, at long last it looks like the Nightborne finally have the appearance of elves, and not glorified goblins.

    But, they are still not the best elves. That's an award reserved for another [Allied] race.

  11. #25231
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    The best solution would be adding:

    - Farstrider tattoo for both void and blood elves
    - Add runic tattoo a la TBC cover for blood elves
    - Add void themed tattoos for void elves

    Each race would be able to select colors for tattoos:

    - Blue, White, Green, Teal: both (Farstrider theme)
    - Red, Orange, Gold: blood elves
    - Purple, Black, Dark Blue: Void elves
    Agree, would be very nice with tattoos on those races. Runic tattoos or straight up war-paint like markings.

    And star/moon shiny skin/tattoos for Night Elves.

    Then I'll be happy! More options for everyone, its not really a competition. Loving the new Lightforged options too. Graceful space goats!
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

  12. #25232
    Pit Lord Dristereau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,360
    With regards to Classes, my personal opinion is that they should be lessening restrictions all around honestly. Blood Elf Druids, Night Elf Paladin, even Undead Paladins, Human Druids. Half of the reasoning for Cataclysm combos was that they'd spent time around the other races of their factions and learned, so I don't think Class restrictions should be a big thing.

    With regards to Void Elf Paladins, I'm not massively fussed. You could say from the POV that they came from Silvermoon some of them were Paladins beforehand or that some of the High Elf Wayfarers were Paladins, so I think you could fit them in. As I said, I don't think they're needed, but I'm not really against it either.

    As for Entropic Embrace, my opinion has always been that it looks poorly made and tacky with it just being the skin and not affecting armour/3D parts. If it was full on purple it would be pretty cool, but at the same time and option to change it visually for those who don't like it shouldn't be an issue either? I mean, if they gave a toggle option in Telogrus Rift, who would it really hurt?

    I still agree with more customization, most of my previous posts have been about it so I won't repeat that. But I think High Elf options are much more clamoured for than Void Elf options because that was why this thread came about. Being completely honest if Blizzard went down the High Elf Allied Race option at the start of BFA and never mentioned Void Elves would anyone have raised any concerns? Because before Alleria became as she is at the end of Legion they didn't exist.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Thundereau - Culmination - Nulo - Somniare

    Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg

  13. #25233
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Why exactly are posters on this thread talking for pages and pages about Ren'dorei paladins being "lore breaking" when the Twilight's Hammer Cult, the Cult worshipping the Old Gods and the coming of the Hour of Twilight, employed rogue paladins in their ranks?

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Twilight_Vindicator

    These are paladins named "Vindicators" (a name used in Draenei society to refer to paladins), they are dressed like paladins, fight like paladins, and use paladin abilities. And they are part of a cult that worships the Void and live in the Void wasteland known as the Bastion of Twilight, infused and clouded in perpetual darkness.

    Yet they are still paladins.

    So Ren'dorei paladins would be lore-breaking because... ?????????

    If Blizzard ever feels like adding a bunch of new race-class options like they did in Cataclysm, Void elf Paladins will become playable, bookmark this post for the future.

    Void elves sell, Paladins sell, the fantasy of a "Dark Paladin" sells, the lore allows this (Twilight Vindicators), there's not much left to be said on the subject.
    Agreed. And honestly even without them I've always been in favor of expanding the concept of "Paladin" to a general religious knight of whatever faith. Rather than limiting it to "the light" (and thereby watering down the religions of various races to off-brand humans) a "paladin" is simply a warrior empowered by their faith. Be that the holy light, elune, a loa or even the void. Having for instance, the cult of forgotten shadow take up a martial stance similar to the WC2 paladins, except with shadow magic, would be really interesting to me. Much more than just making zandalari prelates into holy light worshippers brandishing big human bibles.

    The abilities can easily be reskinned for different themes and allows for a lot more class/race combos that fit naturally into the respective races culture and identity. With a glyph or customization toggle for things like high elf customization. Its a win/win to me.

    On that note, void elf shamans would also work, given we've seen void/shadow users twisting the elements to work for them plenty of times through the twilight hammer and the dark shamans.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_shaman
    With an optional vanilla glyph this would also fit into the high elf fantasy, since its always been that the high elves and wildhammer clan were very close, closer than they were with humans according to WC2. Having them learn from the dwarves would make a very unique hook for an elf to me.
    Last edited by Wired-Lain; 2021-09-06 at 04:21 PM.

  14. #25234
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired-Lain View Post
    On that note, void elf shamans would also work, given we've seen void/shadow users twisting the elements to work for them plenty of times through the twilight hammer and the dark shamans.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_shaman
    With an optional vanilla glyph this would also fit into the high elf fantasy, since its always been that the high elves and wildhammer clan were very close, closer than they were with humans according to WC2. Having them learn from the dwarves would make a very unique hook for an elf to me.
    Actually I'm way more interested in an elf shaman concept then a elf paladin concept which we know since TBC. Not that it works very well with both void elf and high elf archetypes through dark shaman / elementalist vibes, it also gives another distinction from blood elves and offers us new unique elf combo (blood elves being only elf paladins, night elves being only elf druids and void elves would be only elf shaman). Also one more shaman combo for the Alliance.

    I'm not saying void elf paladins are not interesting or cool, but this seems more interesting thing to explore.

  15. #25235
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Actually I'm way more interested in an elf shaman concept then a elf paladin concept which we know since TBC. Not that it works very well with both void elf and high elf archetypes through dark shaman / elementalist vibes, it also gives another distinction from blood elves and offers us new unique elf combo (blood elves being only elf paladins, night elves being only elf druids and void elves would be only elf shaman). Also one more shaman combo for the Alliance.

    I'm not saying void elf paladins are not interesting or cool, but this seems more interesting thing to explore.
    Yeah agreed. An elven shaman is something completely new and isn't represented anywhere else and contrasts them a lot more heavily with the city livin belfs. Much more interesting than just another druid or paladin combo.

  16. #25236
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired-Lain View Post
    Yeah agreed. An elven shaman is something completely new and isn't represented anywhere else and contrasts them a lot more heavily with the city livin belfs. Much more interesting than just another druid or paladin combo.
    Well, not only that it can go for the Farstrider/Wildhammer vibes of a woodland elf, it somewhat reminds me of Tolkien's elves. Elrond had a ring Vilya (an Air ring), Galadriel had Nenya (a Water ring) and Celebrimbor, later Gandalf had Narya (a Fire ring), whose gave their wearers a degree of power of the chosen element, though we've never seen that in movies.

    Also remember resto shaman artifact, which was a scepter of Queen Azshara with powers over element of water. In a way, elf shaman could be regarded as a kind of elementalist mage, in a similar way tauren priests and paladins are actually druids revering Sun. In that interpretation, enhancement shaman could be kind of Spellblades, who use magic imbued magics in close combat.

  17. #25237
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Well, not only that it can go for the Farstrider/Wildhammer vibes of a woodland elf, it somewhat reminds me of Tolkien's elves. Elrond had a ring Vilya (an Air ring), Galadriel had Nenya (a Water ring) and Celebrimbor, later Gandalf had Narya (a Fire ring), whose gave their wearers a degree of power of the chosen element, though we've never seen that in movies.

    Also remember resto shaman artifact, which was a scepter of Queen Azshara with powers over element of water. In a way, elf shaman could be regarded as a kind of elementalist mage, in a similar way tauren priests and paladins are actually druids revering Sun. In that interpretation, enhancement shaman could be kind of Spellblades, who use magic imbued magics in close combat.
    Theres also this guy, who I sort of interpret as something of a shaman. At least an elementalist.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Earthcaller_Franzahl

  18. #25238
    Void paladins and void shamans would both be really cool! I'd take either, but preferably both.

  19. #25239
    There's no need to be picky, both Paladin and Shaman can be given to the Ren'dorei. Like how both Warlock and Druid were given to the trolls in Cataclysm.

    And Yes by the way, there is also a precedent of the Void being used to control elements. Refer to the Dark Shamans that Garrosh employed.

    There is also a precedent of a playable race that doesn't cooperate with the elements, but straight up enslaves and twists them: the Dark Irons.

  20. #25240
    I don't understand why it's suddenly an issue why exclusivity is a problem. Every race has it's thing or feature and that should be a motivator for the player to choose that race. Every race needs the same skin colors or same eyes or same antlers is imo just rediculous when a race you choose should be exciting, because you like that race because X.

    Hyjacking or boycotting other people wishes or suggestions is just sad, but please me real.. when we live in a world of warcraft where costumization options are still sparse and because of that certain features just matter more, because without it.. it's just X. Because of that you shouldnt forget that a certain feature is or should be tide to a race, because it makes that race different compared to the other. Now what those features are and what should be traded and what not is a fair discussion imo.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-09-06 at 09:35 PM.
    Please read this blizzard: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...m_source=share also what could have been possible with Nightborne--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLr5dDXn5nE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •