Why not just give all death knights the option to use red or unholy eyes? Blue is great for frost dks, but doesn't really represent the other two specs as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Red eyes for void elves
    Rainbow eyes for blood elves.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Blood elves are fine dont need more eye colors

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    They already got a rainbow of colors. Green, gold, purple, blue. Red eyes for Void Elves would enhance the spooky voidy-vampire aesthetic. Those ugly widow's peak, Dracula hairdos should have some use.

Besides, most dark rangers are Calia/Sylvanas aligned and it clashes with the "Pure, holy, arcane, uncorrupt, High Elves in all but name post Sunwell renewal" cultural argument Ive been hearing for years from blood elf fans. Any creepy or corruption customizations should be reserved for Void Elves.

Silver eyes for blood elves would be cool.

One thing that, sadly, needs to be kept in mind is the Alliance side of the BFA campaign.
    San'layn didn't actually finish joining the Horde, and Talanji didn't trust them - and rightfully so, considering the outcome.

I can't link videos but Youtube "Ending the San'layn Threat" for the worst of it.

I don't actually have a screenshot of Talanji's lines, but WoWpedia goes over it.
    Essentially, the San'layn needed to prove themselves loyal, or else, and it doesn't look like they actually were. They were just looking for a place they could survive, and didn't care about the undead or the horde as a whole.
    It's also extremely odd that they'd only show the betrayal and actual attitude Dreven had to just the Alliance players.

After something this major, it's pretty likely that any clutch that would try to join the Forsaken/Horde would not be trusted even further, or even treated with outright hostility if news of this ever actually did leak to them, and with the Blood Elves being close with the Forsaken, they'd have nowhere else to go. Except maybe to another gothic exile.

Void Elves already have the dark gothic fantasy aesthetic going, and they'd only really need to add some smaller bat shaped ears, tint the paler void skins to have red over purple, and red is a void colour in general, so that's actually just a given during an actual pass for them. Ear shapes like that wouldn't just be aesthetically fitting for just the subrace, and would fit the vibes of the Void Elves in general. It's extremely simple, and the current batch of hair-styles Void Elves have absolutely suit the sexy vampire vibes.

Void Elves gain far more both story wise and customization wise from San'layn than Blood Elves would, who 100% need Dark Rangers as a subrace to mirror it. This also potentially leads into some major story beats, both factions get a major classic gothic fantasy vibe to it, and we get a potential huge spin on vampires vs werewolves with vampires and werewolves on the same side versus zombies and other monsters. (Can you imagine how upset the Forsaken would be if they rejected a different and smaller clutch, only to see them allied with Blood Elf traitors and the Gilneans of all people? This is a good thing.)

Not saying it will happen, but the framework for it all is actually there, and having a typically Horde request go Alliance would actually be a pretty big morale booster after the AR trainwreck in BFA, and an actual first that could potentially entice some transfers from Horde to Alliance to follow them canonically.

Moving away from hypothetical though, red is a void colour in general, and probably should have been on void elves from the get-go. Tinfoil hat makes me think it was to prevent upset with Blood Elf players though. But, the Emerald Nightmare, N'zoth, Nyalotha, all have red themes to them, and maximum corruption in BFA turned you red.
    Red is not just undeath. It is a sign of void corruption as well.

Essentially, how all this would come down to is an even split between the two factions on aesthetic.

High Elf --- High Elf
    Dark Ranger --- San'layn
    Blood Elf --- Void Elf

Blood Elves, in this situation, would theoretically get a ton of customization options reflecting the arcane and light, potentially with a batch of fiery and phoenix themed goodies as well, which they needed at the launch of SL.

Lastly, as a weird aside, as much as I also want Dark Rangers, there's going to be a bit of an aesthetic oddity because if they're attached to Blood Elves, we essentially get Dark Ranger Paladins. Is this something that should be addressed, or do we not care? And at that point, is the request for Void Elf Paladins actually "absurd" if one side can really screw with aesthetics like that? If anything, Void Elves not having access to paladins as a class makes them a more likely candidate for San'layn because the class restrictions suit them.

This forum is making this more complicated than it needs to be.

Perhaps this is why this thread reached 1300 pages.

Both races can simply get red eyes and everyone is happy. But do you know what doesn't make anyone happy? Restricting options to just one race, when the other one could easily have it as well.

About Dark Rangers: Is it that far-fetched that some of Sylvanas' former Dark Rangers, disillusioned and confused by what happened, would simply look for protection from Sylvanas' older sister? Not really, certainly weirder things have happened in the lore, like the entirety of WoD, and the redemption of Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This forum is making this more complicated than it needs to be.Perhaps this is why this thread reached 1300 pages.
    Both races can simply get red eyes and everyone is happy. But do you know what doesn't make anyone happy? Restricting options to just one race, when the other one could easily have it as well.
    Tentacle hair options for blood elves?

edit: sorry for the formatting issue.
    Last edited by Mungho; 2021-10-02 at 06:00 PM. Reason: fixed formatting

[QUOTE=Mungho;53408206]
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This forum is making this more complicated than it needs to be.Perhaps this is why this thread reached 1300 pages.
    Both races can simply get red eyes and everyone is happy. But do you know what doesn't make anyone happy? Restricting options to just one race, when the other one could easily have it as well./QUOTE]

Nope. Never.

The Blood elves are not infused with the Void and thus shall never have those options.

But the Ren'dorei may have Green eyes in the future, since there are Sin'dorei scholars amidst their ranks

And naturally any option the Sin'dorei may get when it comes to jewelry, tatoos, runes, hairstyles, etc. the Ren'dorei should also get them. Since they are former Sin'dorei.

But the inverse sadly is not true. Since while the Ren'dorei are former Sin'dorei (and thus deserve to get all their options), the Sin'dorei are not former Ren'dorei...
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-02 at 04:37 PM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much as people want to make Void Elves differ from Blood Elves by making them more Void-ier you have to accept that the reason this thread is so long and so ongoing is because people wanted High Elves, not Void Elves. That doesn't mean more Void Elven customization should not have some Void options, but the thing that most people care about is High Elven options. I personally think that both Void and Blood should get more options, the Blood Elf male is pretty darn low in comparison to the amount of Blood Elf female options.

With regards to eye colors, no, I don't think Void Elves should get green eyes. I know there are Silvermoon Scholars in Telogrus Rift but it's a very a Blood Elven thing and could be explained out that the Scholars would lose their green eye tint from lack of fel contact.

I do think that Blood Elves should get red eyes and pale skins to mimic Dark Rangers. We have seen them in service of the Horde and therefore this should be an option to Horde players, but not Alliance. There is no reason for Void Elves to get red eyes.

In terms of Void Customizations for Blood Elves, no. The tampering with the Void is what led to the Void Elves joining the Alliance in the first place.

With regards to hair styles, more to both Blood and Void would be nice, especially Void Elves. A lot of the current ones are based on tentacles and lacking style/elegance. Adding new ones with braids and more stylized would be nice to see (there are some nice ideas on the first page of this thread) and overlapping these with Blood Elves would be an idea potentially.

For facial hair, I would love to a see a full short beard for Elves, combining the Full/Chin Strap Blood Elf male options with sideburns. The Void Elf females could have additional jewelry options, as well as accessories for both genders of Void Elves (feathers!). I don't have too much in terms of Void options

The addition of tattoos/scars/war paints would go a long way with both sets of Elves. War Paints and tribalistic tattoos for Void Elves and Scares and Runic tattoos for Blood Elves. You could keep colors different, with Void getting Blue/Purple and Blood Elves getting Gold/Yellow/Red whilst allowing both to have White.

Regarding the Void Elf racial, Entropic Embrace, I still stand by what I said about it looking awful with it being a skin texture and not affecting the vast majority of the Character. I think the effect should be made to cover the entire model including 3D parts, the same way Shadowform does. I also would like a toggle option in Telogrus Rift for those wishing to appear more as a High Elf to change to something more high elven or even less prominent. Just something as simple as dialogue option from Alleria or Umbric were you can say 'I wish to suppress the effects of Entropic Embrace'.

From a personal POV I'd also like to see an Armor Set that is essentially a High Elven/Silver Covenant ranger set based off Alleria's outfit from Argus or the Hearthstone depiction but in blue. I'd also like to see a High Elven Quel'dorei Steed or Pureheart Courser/Asecended Skymane armored mount for a PVP Seasonal reward for Alliance and given the Horde a Highmountain Moose.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

So the void elves should get all customization options that blood elves get, but they can't have anything the void elves have or anything of their own?

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    So the void elves should get all customization options that blood elves get, but they can't have anything the void elves have or anything of their own?
    Nope. The Void Elves are getting all the options that belong to High Elves. Blood Elves' problems are that they never established an identity beyond slightly more edgy (TBC) and now holy Horde High Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Nope. The Void Elves are getting all the options that belong to High Elves. Blood Elves' problems are that they never established an identity beyond slightly more edgy (TBC) and now holy Horde High Elves.
    So velfs get to steal all Sin'dorei features, because...?

I mean, by default - all features for Night Elves, old and new - should be given to the Shal'dorei, plus the Shal'dorei getting glowing hands and narrow eyes.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-10-02 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    So velfs get to steal all Sin'dorei features, because...?

I mean, by default - all features for Night Elves, old and new - should be given to the Shal'dorei, plus the Shal'dorei getting glowing hands and narrow eyes.
    Because they're not Sin'dorei features. Green and now golden eyes are Sin'dorei features. Some of the hairstyles are probably Sin'dorei features because they don't seem Quel'dorei in nature.

Pale skin and blonde hair are not Sin'dorei features. Those are just features Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei happen to share. Blame Blizzard for making Sin'dorei slightly edgier Quel'dorei.

Correct on the first part. Since the Ren'dorei are special/evolved Sin'dorei.

Last I checked, being twisted by the Void doesn't mean you suddenly lose your trademark Sin'dorei runic tattoo, or can no longer wear a phoenix-shaped necklace, or can no longer dye your hair red.

The Sin'dorei already have some things of their own: the Paladin and DH classes (for the time being); and golden eyes.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-02 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Because they're not Sin'dorei features. Green and now golden eyes are Sin'dorei features. Some of the hairstyles are probably Sin'dorei features because they don't seem Quel'dorei in nature.

Pale skin and blonde hair are not Sin'dorei features. Those are just features Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei happen to share. Blame Blizzard for making Sin'dorei slightly edgier Quel'dorei.
    Quel'dorei are also part of the Horde.
    So, Alliance get their "Quel'dorei" features, coming in 9.1.5, whilst Horde have their "Quel'dorei" features.

But, the regal/more natural Quel'dorei features go to the more regal race of the playable Thalassians. That being the Sin'dorei.

edit: sorry for the formatting issue.
    They would have to be tendrils of light. It could be cool if they were made entirely of light energy, with no physical form, like drops of water flowing down their heads.

The problem there is the tentacles are attached to the Void Elf hairstyles, meaning they would have to share hairstyles both ways. Blood Elves would have to share yet another thing with Void Elves and give them their hairstyles as well. I don't mind that personally, but I'm sure people would still complain.

I'd much rather have Void Elves get human and/or Kul Tiran hairstyles for that half-elf vibe though, in addition to a few new unique Void Elf wavy hairstyles like they already have.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I see; anyway, if you don't mind me moving the goalpost: Blood Elves are still High Elves
    I'll do you one better
    Blood Elves should join the alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    So velfs get to steal
    You mean like how the Horde stole the race originally?
    And like how the Horde "stole" Nightborne? And then got an entirely unique race when the Alliance got Gnomes 2?

Ask for your own customization and unique themes, which, by the way, the story dictates is most likely going to be light. It really, truly, isn't that hard. If Blood Elf players spent less time crying about how the Alliance has one of their main races as a subrace, they might have actually been able to make influence on their own customizations, rather than driving engagement metrics for high elf content through the roof.
    We're allowed to have what's been ours since WC2, and dangled in front of our face every expansion in a borderline sociopathic manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    You mean like how the Horde stole the race originally?
    And like how the Horde "stole" Nightborne? And then got an entirely unique race when the Alliance got Gnomes 2?

Ask for your own customization and unique themes, which, by the way, the story dictates is most likely going to be light. It really, truly, isn't that hard. If Blood Elf players spent less time crying about how the Alliance has one of their main races as a subrace, they might have actually been able to make influence on their own customizations, rather than driving engagement metrics for high elf content through the roof.
    We're allowed to have what's been ours since WC2, and dangled in front of our face every expansion in a borderline sociopathic manner.
    Whatever.

Blood Elves and the Horde still need an updated Quel'Thalas.

And, like I say - Blood elves have their features, with their more regal/city based appearances.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I'll do you one better
    Blood Elves should join the alliance
    Nah.

Remember when Tyrande needed Varian to tell her how to fight in a forest?
    Or Shandris going gah gah, over Humans and "Human Potential."