5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Whatever.

Blood Elves and the Horde still need an updated Quel'Thalas.

And, like I say - Blood elves have their features, with their more regal/city based appearances.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah.

Remember when Tyrande needed Varian to tell her how to fight in a forest?
    Or Shandris going gah gah, over Humans and "Human Potential."
    I was clearly shitposting.
    And what the hell was that Human Potential storyline in BFA

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Pale skin and blonde hair are not Sin'dorei features. Those are just features Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei happen to share. Blame Blizzard for making Sin'dorei slightly edgier Quel'dorei.
    Blizz could have doubled down on the edgelord phase and really given Blood Elves a distinct aesthetic - IIRC there's some Sindorei in Nazmir whom are practicing blood magic, but that was rejected by blood elf fans as gross and evil. And most of them seemed happy by being squeaky clean and 99.9% identical to High Elves. No fel crystals, no mana tap, no corrupt Sunwell, no magic addiction, no wretched, no edgy paladins. It sucks that there's almost no distinction between the blood elf and high elf aesthetic besides blue eyes, but that's what you get. Sort of how lazy the difference between LF Draenai and Junker Gnomes are from their parent race.

Void Elves are the edgy, spooky, gothic elves now (who also have the option to look like High Elves like Blood Elves can). They took over the mana vampirism and amoral magic experimentation role ever since Blood Elves turned their life around and went to church. Any freaky customizations should be reserved for Void Elves. That includes red eyes and fucked up skin.
    Last edited by Alixie; 2021-10-03 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    So the void elves should get all customization options that blood elves get, but they can't have anything the void elves have or anything of their own?
    Not really. Like a lot of the BE customization options are aesthetic; the fact that VE's should have their own aesthetic makes a complete overlap unlikely. Even the High Elven influence of the alliance would lead to something different, that moves the VE farther away from the BE aesthetics: VE are moving somewhere else culturally and ideology wise, and if the division remains, the differences will just grow.

So while there should be an overlap regarding physiological appearance, their aesthetics, and thus customization options, will most likely keep diverging.

Hairstyles, jewelry, markings, etc, sure there could be some aesthetic overlap where they both refer to their shared High Elven identity, but overall they could simply be different due to cultural drift.

And in the same way Void has become anathema to the BE society, they would also develop/represent aesthetics that are very removed from anything the VE's have, and that could be either through a larger focus on fel, light, blood magic or even undead elves.

The VE/BE relation exists basically as a Venn diagram; there is a point of commonality (natural skin tones, hair colors and eye color) but both groups would end up with different overall aesthetics, even if we end up with some overlap.

Quel'dorei are also part of the Horde.
    So, Alliance get their "Quel'dorei" features, coming in 9.1.5, whilst Horde have their "Quel'dorei" features.

But, the regal/more natural Quel'dorei features go to the more regal race of the playable Thalassians. That being the Sin'dorei.
    No. Sin'dorei need to make their own identity. That starts with fel and Sunwell type stuff, maybe with a bit more exorbitant/ego-driven jewelry and perhaps certain styles of runic markings.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I remember when I used to check in because the art and mash ups people made were neat.

Now it's just talk.

Talk-talk-talk.

Shame
    I'm sorry we can't live to your expectations mom!

No. Sin'dorei need to make their own identity. That starts with fel and Sunwell type stuff, maybe with a bit more exorbitant/ego-driven jewelry and perhaps certain styles of runic markings.
    Sin'dorei already have their identity. It's Silvermoon and Quel'Thalas.
    All features for them are and should continue, to be based around their city...the most beautiful city on Azeroth, remarked by many on the Horde and Alliance.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I'll do you one better
    Blood Elves should join the alliance
    no wtf, even if you remove Garithos they still haven't forgotten how the Alliance left them for dead for 6 years
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Sin'dorei already have their identity. It's Silvermoon and Quel'Thalas.
    All features for them are and should continue, to be based around their city...the most beautiful city on Azeroth, remarked by many on the Horde and Alliance.
    A place isn't an identity per se.

You can't staple pieces of a city to your character. Right now, 80% of the Blood Elf visual identity is shared with High Elves. Void Elves get to take from that too. That's why you need to further develop the blood elf identity, or you'll keep asking "Why do Void Elves get to steal from Blood Elves!?"

A place isn't an identity per se.

You can't staple pieces of a city to your character. Right now, 80% of the Blood Elf visual identity is shared with High Elves. Void Elves get to take from that too. That's why you need to further develop the blood elf identity, or you'll keep asking "Why do Void Elves get to steal from Blood Elves!?"
    Yes it is.

Red, golds and all colours of Quel'Thalas and Silvermoon are visible on the Blood Elves. The Sin'dorei are Quel'Thalas and vise versa.

It's High Elves that now need to embrace their new future with their Human and Void Elf friends.
    More High Elves converting to Void Elves as that should be their new outlook.

Maybe High Elves and Void Elves need to establish new Mage and Hunter orders, since the Magisters and Farstriders are Horde-based armies.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-10-03 at 12:35 PM.

Yes it is.

Red, golds and all colours of Quel'Thalas and Silvermoon are visible on the Blood Elves. The Sin'dorei are Quel'Thalas and vise versa.

It's High Elves that now need to embrace their new future with their Human and Void Elf friends.
    More High Elves converting to Void Elves as that should be their new outlook.

Maybe High Elves and Void Elves need to establish new Mage and Hunter orders, since the Magisters and Farstriders are Horde-based armies.
    Okay, now tell me how that translates to unique looks for Sin'dorei?

Because being protective of/hoarding features that aren't even Blood Elf ones but High Elf ones is clearly not working out?

Okay, now tell me how that translates to unique looks for Sin'dorei?

Because being protective of/hoarding features that aren't even Blood Elf ones but High Elf ones is clearly not working out?
    Golden and silver jewelry.
    Golden and silver earrings

Sin'dorei have their own identity and that is the old high elf stuff, relating to their capital city and Quel'Thalas.
    I mean, it's ok that you might hold some envy that they hold Quel'Thalas and Silvermoon, but it's time for you to move on and love Stormwind and Telogrus Rift.

Everything regarding Silvermoon and Quel'Thalas is Blood Elf.
    So that is why High Elves and Void Elves need to find new sectors for their Rangers and Magi. Their core sectors are Horde based, so they need to establish new Alliance ones...or, just live in Human Potential and create something with the Humans?

Or - maybe Eldre'Thalas gets rebuilt and the High Elves and Void Elves go and live with the Shen'dralar Highborne in Feralas?
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-10-03 at 12:57 PM.

Which comically enough I've heard a lot of blood elf players claim aren't something they asked for.
    Sin'dorei have their own identity and that is the old high elf stuff, relating to their capital city and Quel'Thalas.
    I mean, it's ok that you might hold some envy that they hold Quel'Thalas and Silvermoon, but it's time for you to move on and love Stormwind and Telogrus Rift.

So that is why High Elves and Void Elves need to find new sectors for their Rangers and Magi. Their core sectors are Horde based, so they need to establish new Alliance ones...or, just live in Human Potential and create something with the Humans?

Or - maybe Eldre'Thalas gets rebuilt and the High Elves and Void Elves go and live with the Shen'dralar Highborne in Feralas?
    You're talking about locations here, we're talking features. I don't care about Quel'thalas. I'm saying that pale skin, blonde hair and long hairstyles don't define Blood Elves and when it comes to customization, Void Elves aren't "stealing" from the Blood Elf box, but they're simply taking from the same High Elf box Blood Elves have been taking from since TBC.

Maybe we've got each other confused, or maybe I jumped in at an inopportune time.

Which comically enough I've heard a lot of blood elf players claim aren't something they asked for.
    Everybody has differences in what they wanted. Some night elf fans wanted Blizzard to go all out with the "Highborne" treatment.

The jewelry options on the Blood Elves are those of phoneix's and are extremely lavish.
    They still live the life that their Zin-Azshari Highborne ancestors lived in, so gaudy jewelry matches them.

Also having blinded eyes, which matches the Sin'dorei Farstriders and purple eyes, which link to mastery of the arcane.

Everybody has differences in what they wanted. Some night elf fans wanted Blizzard to go all out with the "Highborne" treatment.

The jewelry options on the Blood Elves are those of phoneix's and are extremely lavish.
    I know, but I've seen more than a few Blood Elf players go "NOBODY WANTED THIS. NOBODY ASKED FOR THIS. THIS DOESN'T EVEN FIT FOR BLOOD ELVES" when told that they got jewelry as a customization option. I found that funny, especially the last bit.

You're talking about locations here, we're talking features. I don't care about Quel'thalas. I'm saying that pale skin, blonde hair and long hairstyles don't define Blood Elves and when it comes to customization, Void Elves aren't "stealing" from the Blood Elf box, but they're simply taking from the same High Elf box Blood Elves have been taking from since TBC.

Maybe we've got each other confused, or maybe I jumped in at an inopportune time.
    And your getting your pale skin and blonde hair colour.

Now, it's time for you to get some "void" features, for void elves.
    Hell, new void elf hairstyles can easily toggle off any void affects, so you can always be a high elf, walking around Stormwind.

- - - Updated - - -

I know, but I've seen more than a few Blood Elf players go "NOBODY WANTED THIS. NOBODY ASKED FOR THIS. THIS DOESN'T EVEN FIT FOR BLOOD ELVES" when told that they got jewelry as a customization option. I found that funny, especially the last bit.
    And I've seen more than a few night elf fans saying "WE WANTED MORE HIGHBORNE STUFF! WHERE'S THE HIGHBORNE STUFF?!" on the WoW forums. Wanting Azshara skin tones, purple eyes, arcane based runes...gladly swapping the leaves for jewelry options insted.

It's not just down to the Blood elf community and trying to suggest Blood Elf players don't know what they want.

To me, it's Night Elf fans that have become a little stuck on what they want.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-10-03 at 01:15 PM.

And your getting your pale skin and blonde hair colour.

Now, it's time for you to get some "void" features, for void elves.
    Hell, new void elf hairstyles can easily toggle off any void affects, so you can always be a high elf, walking around Stormwind.

- - - Updated - - -

And I've seen more than a few night elf fans saying "WE WANTED MORE HIGHBORNE STUFF! WHERE'S THE HIGHBORNE STUFF?!" on the WoW forums. Wanting Azshara skin tones, purple eyes, arcane based runes...gladly swapping the leaves for jewelry options insted.

It's not just down to the Blood elf community and trying to suggest Blood Elf players don't know what they want.

To me, it's Night Elf fans that have become a little stuck on what they want.
    Most of all, probably a story that doesn't spit in their faces.

Most of all, probably a story that doesn't spit in their faces.
    That's down to Blizzard.

Not down to the other elf races or their fans.

Also - do they want more Highborne stuff or less Highborne stuff?
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-10-03 at 01:27 PM.

Well, void elves have Locus Researches and Umbral Rangers, so there it might hint that new organizations are taking root within their society. I think it's quite early for them to establish new orders, but few years already passed so it might be a time to introduce some. Anyway, I wouldn't mind if their Magi order would remain Magisters, since we've seen the title dates back to kaldorei empire (with Elisande using the title Grand Magistrix), so it's not purely blood elf order, but rather thing of their ancestry. It would be cool if void elves would rather adopt titles like Dark/Void Magister.

Farstriders are thalassian rangers, so it makes sense even for high elves and void elves to use that title, there are some Farstriders among Alliance high elves already, so I wouldn't mind that too, but finding their own name would be cool too.

The problem with void elves is the lack of their own distinctive lore. Because of that, we could approach new organizations and overall theme of the race, but it's still not there. Because of that, we cling to what race has to offer already, which is their thalassian heritage.

the "void elf high elf options" aren't really satisfying, especially when that racial triggers and my character looks all purple

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    the "void elf high elf options" aren't really satisfying, especially when that racial triggers and my character looks all purple
    I'm pretty satisfied. But if it's the racial giving you the most visual annoyance, you can stop it before it ever changes your appearance by making a macro of your most frequently spammed spells to cancel it before you ever see it.

Here's an example:

#showtooltip
    /cancelaura Entropic Embrace
    /cast Arcane Blast

That macro would cast arcane blast and cancel entropic embrace any time it triggers so you won't change appearance. Just replace arcane blast with whatever other frequently spammed ability your class/spec has and you'll be good to go. Maybe somewhere down the line Blizzard will add glyphs or barber options to customize entropic, but until then, this works.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-10-05 at 11:22 PM.