Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Yes! I'm glad for the high elf fans, but i want them to explore the ethereal connection they have for some future customization options.

https://imgur.com/GCSETfl
    Honestly I wouldn't hate it, but gotta admit that it would make playable ethereal more unlikely, just like it happened with HE's. So getting playable ethereal through VE's could be the closest? which in that case, I accept it.

But honestly? I'd rather VE's to get a more unique aesthetic -one that yeah, it is informed by ethereal and thalassian themes- but that does feel unique. This piece is such an inspiration to what VE's could be IMO, this sort of mysterious, dark, slightly wuxia historical fiction look.

I'm just curious, how would you helfers feel if blizz fixed velves by separating the normal skins and the void skins and gave you the worgen treatment?

On top of that, gave you the option to revert to normal form the moment you drop from combat. Can apply to worgen too.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I'm just curious, how would you helfers feel if blizz fixed velves by separating the normal skins and the void skins and gave you the worgen treatment?

On top of that, gave you the option to revert to normal form the moment you drop from combat. Can apply to worgen too.
    How would that be "fixing" velves?

Well, the transformation is tied to 5 % dmg/healing increase, so making it last whole combat would make Entropic Embrace way too powerful compared to other racials.

I think random proc is cool, at least it's different to worgen. If I'd do any change, I'd make Entropic Embrace proc when you use your spec main CD instead of random procs.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    How would that be "fixing" velves?
    Well right now they have identity issues so this would fix that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Well, the transformation is tied to 5 % dmg/healing increase, so making it last whole combat would make Entropic Embrace way too powerful compared to other racials.

I think random proc is cool, at least it's different to worgen. If I'd do any change, I'd make Entropic Embrace proc when you use your spec main CD instead of random procs.
    I don't mean entropic embrace I mean their void skins.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-09-30 at 06:45 PM.

There is nothing to fix about the Ren'dorei.

They are the perfect race and have no flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    There is nothing to fix about the Ren'dorei.

They are the perfect race and have no flaws.
    Well when you're a void elf that doesn't look like a void elf then theres something wrong. Even alleria doesn't stay normal when she's fighting.

I'd much rather Blizzard add a subrace system. I wouldn't want to be stuck in void form while in combat. If anything your suggestion would ruin the whole option to headcanon your velf as a helf since you'd be forced into void form any time you got into combat. At least as things are right now, you can use a cancelaura macro to prevent entropic embrace from changing your appearance.

I think velfs are fine as they are right now, but a subrace system would be better imo and benefit more than just void elves. Like if blizz adds frostborn customization to dwarves for example. A subrace system could let it just be a drop down off of the dwarf race. Same for wildhammer.

- - - Updated - - -

Well when you're a void elf that doesn't look like a void elf then theres something wrong. Even alleria doesn't stay normal when she's fighting.
    She doesn't go into void form every time she fights though?

There's nothing wrong with "not looking like a void elf" when the decision as to what a void elf can look like is kind of murky thanks to Alleria and the potential new recruits since we havent been told how the newbies come into their power.

And the whole point of the high elf customization is so that players can rp as high elves. Just like the wildhammer customization on dwarves is so they can rp as wildhammer dwarves. It's no different.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-09-30 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'd much rather Blizzard add a subrace system. I wouldn't want to be stuck in void form while in combat. If anything your suggestion would ruin the whole option to headcanon your velf as a helf since you'd be forced into void form any time you got into combat. At least as things are right now, you can use a cancelaura macro to prevent entropic embrace from changing your appearance.

I think velfs are fine as they are right now, but a subrace system would be better imo and benefit more than just void elves. Like if blizz adds frostborn customization to dwarves for example. A subrace system could let it just be a drop down off of the dwarf race. Same for wildhammer.
    If you have to gimp your DPS to fulfill your headcannon then maybe blizzard shouldn't have that playbase in mind...

So if you're still turning voidy with entropic embrace, showing that you're actually a velf, then just splitting the normal skins and void skins to a worgen situation shouldn't be an issue.

This way you can parade all you want as a helf when not in combat but not to the point of complete loss of identity when you at least revert to your true form in combat, just like worgen.

And again give another option to automatically assume normal form the moment you drop combat. And I'm pretty sure lore wise alleria assumes her void form in we the lore dictates as combat. Was she not in void form whenwver she actively fighting mobs post argus?

And biologically bronze beard and wildhammer are the same race. From a lore stand point, your dwarf with wild hammer tattoos is just a regular ironforge dwarf. Unless you change your heritage Everytime you visit a barber to remove tattoos when they clash with your mog.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-09-30 at 06:58 PM.

If you have to gimp your DPS to fulfill your headcannon then maybe blizzard shouldn't have that playbase in mind...

So if you're still turning voidy with entropic embrace, showing that you're actually a velf, then just splitting the normal skins and void skins to a worgen situation shouldn't be an issue.

This way you can parade all you want as a helf when not in combat but not to the point of complete loss of identity when you at least revert to your true form in combat, just like worgen.

And again give another option to automatically assume normal form the moment you drop combat.
    Or we can just ask for lore to be added to void elves explaining how the new recruits get their powers, and that the new recruits don't necessarily have to have blue skin and hair? Sounds like a much better choice considering it doesn't require changing how things currently work and it has the added benefit of expanding on void elf lore. :P

The point is... I don't want to be forced into void form while in combat with no option to opt out.

It sounds more like you just want to piss off helfers than any genuine concern about void elves imo.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-09-30 at 07:01 PM.

Well right now they have identity issues so this would fix that.
    Subjective AF; how and why would forcing void form during combat "fix VE identity" in any meaningful manner?

Which is isn't true. During the Telogrus scenario Alleria enters voidform at will, but during the battle of Lordaeron she doesn't do it at all.

You don't know the Void elf's passive racial ability proc then.

Subjective AF; how and why would forcing void form during combat "fix VE identity" in any meaningful manner?

Which is isn't true. During the Telogrus scenario Alleria enters voidform at will, but during the battle of Lordaeron she doesn't do it at all.
    Well she is a special case so I can see why.

As for identity playing a velf that looks like a vanilla elf kinda goes against, you know, the VOID in void elf. Since you're not actually a pure high elf. No matter what your head cannon says.

So this way both sides win. You can act like a high elf all you want but at least in combat your true form comes out. I mean it already happens with EB so might as well.

That way we don't have newbies be all like "I thought pandas were the only neutral race in wow" when doing bgs and the integrity of the race stays intact, especially for those not too savvy with the lore.

As for identity playing a velf that looks like a vanilla elf kinda goes against, you know, the VOID in void elf. Since you're not actually a pure high elf. No matter what your head cannon says.

So this way both sides win. You can act like a high elf all you want but at least in combat your true form comes out. I mean it already happens with EB so might as well.

That way we don't have newbies be all like "I thought pandas were the only neutral race in wow" when doing bgs and the integrity of the race stays intact, especially for those not too savvy with the lore.
    Again you sound more like you want this to happen just to piss off helfers, not out of any genuine concern about void elf lore.

If dwarves can have wildhammer customization without any catches, then there's no reason why anything has to change for void elves.

This is hilarious, since your only argument is your OWN headcanon of how Void Elves should enter on voidform during combat because "identity", despite not really working like that for any known void elf.

It's really you just trying to enforce your own subjectivity in others.

For real tho, does this flimsy argument have any substance beyond the pretty evident "but you aren't really a high elf"? Is yourmotivation just that? Because if you really cared for void elf identity, you would have a better argument than forcing voidform during combat.

So that's the thing, you seem to care less for VE identity and more about denying HE identity, that's why your idea is so crap.
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2021-09-30 at 07:21 PM.

This is hilarious, since your only argument is your OWN headcanon of how Void Elves should enter on voidform during combat because "identity", despite not really working like that for any known void elf.

It's really you just trying to enforce your own subjectivity in others.

For real tho, does this flimsy argument have any substance beyond the pretty evident "but you aren't really a high elf"? Is yourmotivation just that? Because if you really cared for void elf identity, you would have a better argument than forcing voidform during combat.

So that's the thing, you seem to care less for VE identity and more about denying HE identity, that's why your idea is so crap.
    Yeah and my headcannon preserves the void in void elf. I've said it before introducing normals skins diluted the velf race. I mean look at how NB recently got glowy hands. All ARs are getting new options that highlight what makes them different while velves just got normal options.

So this is why their identity got diluted. So that's why I know that if it was changed to separate the two skin types to worgen status it'd make both parties happy while keeping in void in void.elf intact.

The simplest answer to any questions about the new customization options is to add lore that details how the new recruits are becoming void elves and that this process isn't as traumatic or as transformative as the disrupted ritual trap that Umbric and his followers were originally caught in.

This explanation can also be supported by the fact that Alleria is considered a void elf, yet retains her usual appearance, and her process of becoming infused with the void was different from Umbric's. If the new recruits are mastering the void in a similar manner to Alleria, then it makes perfect sense for them to retain their usual appearance. And if that process isn't perfect because it cuts corners since dark naaru aren't readily available (not that dark naaru are necessarily required), then that could explain why some new recruits still have blue skin and tentacles.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-09-30 at 07:30 PM.

Again you sound more like you want this to happen just to piss off helfers, not out of any genuine concern about void elf lore.

If dwarves can have wildhammer customization without any catches, then there's no reason why anything has to change for void elves.
    Not true, I just want velves to be velves not "void only when it matches my mog" elves.

- - - Updated - - -

The simplest answer to any questions about the new customization options is to add lore that details how the new recruits are becoming void elves and that this process isn't as traumatic or as transformative as the disrupted ritual trap that Umbric and his followers were originally caught in.
    But why???? What's the point. Why make a void elf race to then make them look like regular belves.

That's like play worgen in perma human form or green maghar. You can make we lore you want to justify it but it only hurts it in the end. All for the sake of some helfers sanity.

Not true, I just want velves to be velves not "void only when it matches my mog" elves.

- - - Updated - - -

But why???? What's the point. Why make a void elf race to then make them look like regular belves.

That's like play worgen in perma human form or green maghar. You can make we lore you want to justify it but it only hurts it in the end. All for the sake of some helfers sanity.
    What's the point of forcing void elves into a different form while in combat? They already have entropic embrace affecting their appearance in combat at regular intervals. Again, you sound more like you just want to piss off helfers.

Nothing about my suggestion "hurts" void elves. If anything is expands their lore... something void elves desperately need.

Velves don't have to be "velves" unless the player chooses for them to be. That's the point of the high elf customization options. You want to remove that choice from the player's purview and rob them of the agency blizzard has given.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-09-30 at 07:36 PM.

What's the point of forcing void elves into a different form while in combat? They already have entropic embrace affecting their appearance in combat at regular intervals. Again, you sound more like you just want to piss off helfers.

Nothing about my suggestion "hurts" void elves. If anything is expands their lore... something void elves desperately need.

Velves don't have to be "velves" unless the player chooses for them to be. That's the point of the high elf customization options. You want to remove that choice from the player's purview and rob them of the agency blizzard has given us.
    Haha what? If you don't wanna be a velf then be a belf, like on horde. You can't be a velf and then not be a velf. Like you said, you have EB, completely obliterating any semblance of being a helf.

Sure you have EB but worgen don't turn into wolf men for sporadic intervals. That'd be ridiculous. Plus EB is just like a short super power form it shouldn't be the only division between belves and velves.

That should be their normal idle void form. Again, like worgen. Other wise it's silly to even make the race VOID to start with if they're only gonna be partially void.