1. #25621
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    My guess is that they decided to experiment on more "flashy" customizations, like Nightborne mana hands. I mean, they are working on that since first round of allied races - Nightborne glowing tattoos and permanent Naaru rune on LFD. Then we had DID and their fiery hair and beards. Now they are working on NB mana hands, so I think they eventually work on more stuff for other races too. Void elves make natural candidate for something extraordinary, maybe even Entropic Embrace could use some glows and sparkles
    Now that authentic High Elves are given, they should lean into the Void Ethereal aspect. On one hand, Void Elves who barely look corrupted at all. On the other, Void Elves that are 90% of the way there. Instead of skin color, you could have bandage color, and your body is otherwise totally Void.


  2. #25622
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Now that authentic High Elves are given, they should lean into the Void Ethereal aspect. On one hand, Void Elves who barely look corrupted at all. On the other, Void Elves that are 90% of the way there. Instead of skin color, you could have bandage color, and your body is otherwise totally Void.

    While I don't think VE's should copy Ethereal aesthetics wholesale and actually get something that says "Ethereal+Thalassian", I really do like the idea of pure void bodies. But given my previous point, I'm not sure about the bandages, because well, they could look to ethereal-like.

    In which case, I'm like we can either have ethereals as their own AR, or... let's go full in and give Ethereal idle stances to Void Elves.

    Cause While I wouldn't love if VE's got Ethereal aesthetics as is, if we are not gonna get playable ethereals ever, might as well, no?

  3. #25623
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    While I don't think VE's should copy Ethereal aesthetics wholesale and actually get something that says "Ethereal+Thalassian", I really do like the idea of pure void bodies. But given my previous point, I'm not sure about the bandages, because well, they could look to ethereal-like.

    In which case, I'm like we can either have ethereals as their own AR, or... let's go full in and give Ethereal idle stances to Void Elves.

    Cause While I wouldn't love if VE's got Ethereal aesthetics as is, if we are not gonna get playable ethereals ever, might as well, no?
    We can rename Void Elf to Etherelf

  4. #25624
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    We can rename Void Elf to Etherelf
    sounds like a computer port

  5. #25625
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Now that authentic High Elves are given, they should lean into the Void Ethereal aspect. On one hand, Void Elves who barely look corrupted at all. On the other, Void Elves that are 90% of the way there. Instead of skin color, you could have bandage color, and your body is otherwise totally Void.

    Yes! I'm glad for the high elf fans, but i want them to explore the ethereal connection they have for some future customization options.

    https://imgur.com/GCSETfl
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

  6. #25626
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Yes! I'm glad for the high elf fans, but i want them to explore the ethereal connection they have for some future customization options.

    https://imgur.com/GCSETfl
    Honestly I wouldn't hate it, but gotta admit that it would make playable ethereal more unlikely, just like it happened with HE's. So getting playable ethereal through VE's could be the closest? which in that case, I accept it.

    But honestly? I'd rather VE's to get a more unique aesthetic -one that yeah, it is informed by ethereal and thalassian themes- but that does feel unique. This piece is such an inspiration to what VE's could be IMO, this sort of mysterious, dark, slightly wuxia historical fiction look.


  7. #25627
    I'm just curious, how would you helfers feel if blizz fixed velves by separating the normal skins and the void skins and gave you the worgen treatment?

    On top of that, gave you the option to revert to normal form the moment you drop from combat. Can apply to worgen too.

  8. #25628
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I'm just curious, how would you helfers feel if blizz fixed velves by separating the normal skins and the void skins and gave you the worgen treatment?

    On top of that, gave you the option to revert to normal form the moment you drop from combat. Can apply to worgen too.
    How would that be "fixing" velves?

  9. #25629
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I'm just curious, how would you helfers feel if blizz fixed velves by separating the normal skins and the void skins and gave you the worgen treatment?

    On top of that, gave you the option to revert to normal form the moment you drop from combat. Can apply to worgen too.
    Well, the transformation is tied to 5 % dmg/healing increase, so making it last whole combat would make Entropic Embrace way too powerful compared to other racials.

    I think random proc is cool, at least it's different to worgen. If I'd do any change, I'd make Entropic Embrace proc when you use your spec main CD instead of random procs.

  10. #25630
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    How would that be "fixing" velves?
    Well right now they have identity issues so this would fix that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Well, the transformation is tied to 5 % dmg/healing increase, so making it last whole combat would make Entropic Embrace way too powerful compared to other racials.

    I think random proc is cool, at least it's different to worgen. If I'd do any change, I'd make Entropic Embrace proc when you use your spec main CD instead of random procs.
    I don't mean entropic embrace I mean their void skins.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-09-30 at 06:45 PM.

  11. #25631
    There is nothing to fix about the Ren'dorei.

    They are the perfect race and have no flaws.

  12. #25632
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    There is nothing to fix about the Ren'dorei.

    They are the perfect race and have no flaws.
    Well when you're a void elf that doesn't look like a void elf then theres something wrong. Even alleria doesn't stay normal when she's fighting.

  13. #25633
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I'm just curious, how would you helfers feel if blizz fixed velves by separating the normal skins and the void skins and gave you the worgen treatment?

    On top of that, gave you the option to revert to normal form the moment you drop from combat. Can apply to worgen too.
    I'd much rather Blizzard add a subrace system. I wouldn't want to be stuck in void form while in combat. If anything your suggestion would ruin the whole option to headcanon your velf as a helf since you'd be forced into void form any time you got into combat. At least as things are right now, you can use a cancelaura macro to prevent entropic embrace from changing your appearance.

    I think velfs are fine as they are right now, but a subrace system would be better imo and benefit more than just void elves. Like if blizz adds frostborn customization to dwarves for example. A subrace system could let it just be a drop down off of the dwarf race. Same for wildhammer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Well when you're a void elf that doesn't look like a void elf then theres something wrong. Even alleria doesn't stay normal when she's fighting.
    She doesn't go into void form every time she fights though?

    There's nothing wrong with "not looking like a void elf" when the decision as to what a void elf can look like is kind of murky thanks to Alleria and the potential new recruits since we havent been told how the newbies come into their power.

    And the whole point of the high elf customization is so that players can rp as high elves. Just like the wildhammer customization on dwarves is so they can rp as wildhammer dwarves. It's no different.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-09-30 at 06:53 PM.

  14. #25634
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'd much rather Blizzard add a subrace system. I wouldn't want to be stuck in void form while in combat. If anything your suggestion would ruin the whole option to headcanon your velf as a helf since you'd be forced into void form any time you got into combat. At least as things are right now, you can use a cancelaura macro to prevent entropic embrace from changing your appearance.

    I think velfs are fine as they are right now, but a subrace system would be better imo and benefit more than just void elves. Like if blizz adds frostborn customization to dwarves for example. A subrace system could let it just be a drop down off of the dwarf race. Same for wildhammer.
    If you have to gimp your DPS to fulfill your headcannon then maybe blizzard shouldn't have that playbase in mind...

    So if you're still turning voidy with entropic embrace, showing that you're actually a velf, then just splitting the normal skins and void skins to a worgen situation shouldn't be an issue.

    This way you can parade all you want as a helf when not in combat but not to the point of complete loss of identity when you at least revert to your true form in combat, just like worgen.

    And again give another option to automatically assume normal form the moment you drop combat. And I'm pretty sure lore wise alleria assumes her void form in we the lore dictates as combat. Was she not in void form whenwver she actively fighting mobs post argus?

    And biologically bronze beard and wildhammer are the same race. From a lore stand point, your dwarf with wild hammer tattoos is just a regular ironforge dwarf. Unless you change your heritage Everytime you visit a barber to remove tattoos when they clash with your mog.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-09-30 at 06:58 PM.

  15. #25635
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    If you have to gimp your DPS to fulfill your headcannon then maybe blizzard shouldn't have that playbase in mind...

    So if you're still turning voidy with entropic embrace, showing that you're actually a velf, then just splitting the normal skins and void skins to a worgen situation shouldn't be an issue.

    This way you can parade all you want as a helf when not in combat but not to the point of complete loss of identity when you at least revert to your true form in combat, just like worgen.

    And again give another option to automatically assume normal form the moment you drop combat.
    Or we can just ask for lore to be added to void elves explaining how the new recruits get their powers, and that the new recruits don't necessarily have to have blue skin and hair? Sounds like a much better choice considering it doesn't require changing how things currently work and it has the added benefit of expanding on void elf lore. :P

    The point is... I don't want to be forced into void form while in combat with no option to opt out.

    It sounds more like you just want to piss off helfers than any genuine concern about void elves imo.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-09-30 at 07:01 PM.

  16. #25636
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Well right now they have identity issues so this would fix that.
    Subjective AF; how and why would forcing void form during combat "fix VE identity" in any meaningful manner?

    Well when you're a void elf that doesn't look like a void elf then theres something wrong. Even alleria doesn't stay normal when she's fighting.
    Which is isn't true. During the Telogrus scenario Alleria enters voidform at will, but during the battle of Lordaeron she doesn't do it at all.

  17. #25637
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Well when you're a void elf that doesn't look like a void elf then theres something wrong. Even alleria doesn't stay normal when she's fighting.
    You don't know the Void elf's passive racial ability proc then.

  18. #25638
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Subjective AF; how and why would forcing void form during combat "fix VE identity" in any meaningful manner?



    Which is isn't true. During the Telogrus scenario Alleria enters voidform at will, but during the battle of Lordaeron she doesn't do it at all.
    Well she is a special case so I can see why.

    As for identity playing a velf that looks like a vanilla elf kinda goes against, you know, the VOID in void elf. Since you're not actually a pure high elf. No matter what your head cannon says.

    So this way both sides win. You can act like a high elf all you want but at least in combat your true form comes out. I mean it already happens with EB so might as well.

    That way we don't have newbies be all like "I thought pandas were the only neutral race in wow" when doing bgs and the integrity of the race stays intact, especially for those not too savvy with the lore.

  19. #25639
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Well she is a special case so I can see why.

    As for identity playing a velf that looks like a vanilla elf kinda goes against, you know, the VOID in void elf. Since you're not actually a pure high elf. No matter what your head cannon says.

    So this way both sides win. You can act like a high elf all you want but at least in combat your true form comes out. I mean it already happens with EB so might as well.

    That way we don't have newbies be all like "I thought pandas were the only neutral race in wow" when doing bgs and the integrity of the race stays intact, especially for those not too savvy with the lore.
    Again you sound more like you want this to happen just to piss off helfers, not out of any genuine concern about void elf lore.

    If dwarves can have wildhammer customization without any catches, then there's no reason why anything has to change for void elves.

  20. #25640
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Well she is a special case so I can see why.

    As for identity playing a velf that looks like a vanilla elf kinda goes against, you know, the VOID in void elf. Since you're not actually a pure high elf. No matter what your head cannon says.

    So this way both sides win. You can act like a high elf all you want but at least in combat your true form comes out. I mean it already happens with EB so might as well.

    That way we don't have newbies be all like "I thought pandas were the only neutral race in wow" when doing bgs and the integrity of the race stays intact, especially for those not too savvy with the lore.
    This is hilarious, since your only argument is your OWN headcanon of how Void Elves should enter on voidform during combat because "identity", despite not really working like that for any known void elf.

    It's really you just trying to enforce your own subjectivity in others.

    For real tho, does this flimsy argument have any substance beyond the pretty evident "but you aren't really a high elf"? Is yourmotivation just that? Because if you really cared for void elf identity, you would have a better argument than forcing voidform during combat.

    So that's the thing, you seem to care less for VE identity and more about denying HE identity, that's why your idea is so crap.
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2021-09-30 at 07:21 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •